Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63055 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Noerection: 10:45am On May 17, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Model of the car sir
Toyota corolla 2007
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:49am On May 17, 2020
Noerection:
Toyota corolla 2007
Yes it really depend on the type of product you want sir... Maybe taiwan or china sir.. And also price should be between the range of 7k upward sir.. Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Noerection: 11:49am On May 17, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Yes it really depend on the type of product you want sir... Maybe taiwan or china sir.. And also price should be between the range of 7k upward sir.. Thanks
thank you very much
I was told to go for tokunbo which they call it 15k
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Adaba0803(m): 1:45pm On May 17, 2020
larrixauto2017:
.. Go for Toyota Type(iv) Roman figure(4) sir
Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ebrahym(m): 9:34pm On May 17, 2020
Hi, thanks for this thread.

I have a Toyota highlander 2010 model, I noticed my car vibrates anytime my speed gets to 100, I asked my mechanic and these are the list of things I have done till date with the aim of solving the problem.
1. Rotate tires
2. Wheel balancing and alignment (3 times)
3. Inner shaft replaced
4. Double check the tires to ensure they are okay.
5. Checked the engine seats and my Mechanic insisted that they are all fine, he further said engine seat could not be the problem...

I once again drove today and the problem is still there, it starts vibrating as soon as the speed gets to 100.

I would appreciate your input please
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2020
ebrahym:
Hi, thanks for this thread.

I have a Toyota highlander 2010 model, I noticed my car vibrates anytime my speed gets to 100, I asked my mechanic and these are the list of things I have done till date with the aim of solving the problem.
1. Rotate tires
2. Wheel balancing and alignment (3 times)
3. Inner shaft replaced
4. Double check the tires to ensure they are okay.
5. Checked the engine seats and my Mechanic insisted that they are all fine, he further said engine seat could not be the problem...

I once again drove today and the problem is still there, it starts vibrating as soon as the speed gets to 100.

I would appreciate your input please
Hello Sir A lot of thing Can Cause a vibration on your car sir and what you have done is part of it sir ....if i should give you the list of what could cause the, vibration sir you could get confused .. What is more important is that. sir You will need to get a good professional Auto Technician To help you do a proper inspectioncheck on the car sir.. to avoid causing more damage., Wasting of time, and money sir.. Are you in lagos.. If yes you Can let me know sir.. Cause i Am based in lagos.. Sir. We can help you do the inspection.. And fix your car sir..
Am Shegzthecarguy.. Dm me @07083676583 Chat Or Call On Whatsapp Now
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by kingsleyuzo: 8:42am On May 18, 2020
[quote author=larrixauto2017 post=76896252] The smoke should be somehow a blueish smoke from the tail pipe. The problem is that your car valve stem seal is bad which allow oil into the combustion chamber. So when the oil is burnt it causes that smoke for short period of time. Try to do it befor it get worst. Thank you. [/quote

I experience it too in my 2002 Avalon , please how much does it cost to change valve stem seal?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by kingsleyuzo: 9:06am On May 18, 2020
Hello please my car Avalon 2002 brings out bluish smoke in the morning,after 5 seconds it disappear,and when I park for 1 hour, and start it again,it brings out bluish smoke again,after 5 mins, it disappear, from your thread here ,I could say is bad valve stem seal, please much will it cost me to replace those valve stem seal in Nigeria here
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by adebayo111: 1:57pm On May 18, 2020
how will I know if my gasket is flat. Though my car over heat and the plastic of the radiator is broken.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 2:07pm On May 18, 2020
adebayo111:
how will I know if my gasket is flat. Though my car over heat and the plastic of the radiator is broken.
you will need to fix the broken radiator first then you can no get the fault
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by deeone12(f): 2:34pm On May 18, 2020
hello house,please I have an issue with my car,Kia cerato manual drive car, the engine will start raising on it's without anyone pressing the throttle,the mechanic have changed some parts that he felt might be faulty but the problem still persist, so he suggested that we change the brain box, can the brain box be the problem?the car always kick start immediately without any problem except the raising issue. please help me out, thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Geezle(m): 4:55pm On May 19, 2020
Good day, my 2007 Acura TL engine is not circulating oil and the mechanic suggests that the engine should be replaced.

I bought it Nigerian used and the engine has been opened before by the previous owner's mechanic.

There's a lot of knocking sounds coming from the right of the engine area.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience - do I really need to replace the engine?

Any leads to an engine seller in Oyingbo or Ladipo?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:01pm On May 19, 2020
deeone12:
hello house,please I have an issue with my car,Kia cerato manual drive car, the engine will start raising on it's without anyone pressing the throttle,the mechanic have changed some parts that he felt might be faulty but the problem still persist, so he suggested that we change the brain box, can the brain box be the problem?the car always kick start immediately without any problem except the raising issue. please help out, thanks.
Hello sir. What year is your car sir.? Have you get it scan sir.? What are the symptoms. Or how did the unusual reving start sir..? Pls answer too this sir.?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 7:07pm On May 19, 2020
Geezle:
Good day, my 2007 Acura TL engine is not circulating oil and the mechanic suggests that the engine should be replaced.

I bought it Nigerian used and the engine has been opened before by the previous owner's mechanic.

There's a lot of knocking sounds coming from the right of the engine area.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience - do I really need to replace the engine?

Any leads to an engine seller in Oyingbo or Ladipo?
.. A Nigeria Used Car With A Knocking Engine... sir i will also urge you to for engine replace quickly sir.. because sir repairing or rebuilding the engine is just a waste of time and a completely waste of money sir.. I Shegzthecarguy will advice you to go for a completely engine replacement sirr.

Thanks sir for your complaint in the thread

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Zane2point4(m): 4:25am On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:
.. A Nigeria Used Car With A Knocking Engine... sir i will also urge you to for engine replace quickly sir.. because sir repairing or rebuilding the engine is just a waste of time and a completely waste of money sir.. I Shegzthecarguy will advice you to go for a completely engine replacement sirr.

Good morning baba..
Pls what causes a car to drift one side
Alignment hv bn done severally,still persist.
Hv chnaged tire,still the same issue.
Car runs very fine except the issue.
Car is 2010 toyota camry.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Adaba0803(m): 5:10am On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:
My good people of nairaland my name is shegzthecarguy i am an auto mechanic but i created this thread because as an automobile mechanic my aim is to provide solution due to my experience with all kind of Toyota/Lexus vehicles, with special reference to sedan,coupes,suvs . E.t.c and it likes, feel free to comment on any ones contribution and suggestion. Thank you for futher information about your car you can call this number 07083676583 Or 08111543369

Good morning sir pls what can I do, my Toyota Sienna 2002 would start but will go off back immediately until I start and find way to put it to drive or reverse and move it for like 5mins before it start working normal... pls what is wrong with the car and what can I do.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:07am On May 21, 2020
Zane2point4:

Good morning baba..
Pls what causes a car to drift one side
Alignment hv bn done severally,still persist.
Hv chnaged tire,still the same issue.
Car runs very fine except the issue.
Car is 2010 toyota camry.
Thanks in anticipation.
Hello sir a lot of things can cause a tire drifting too one side..

Sr..

1. If there is inconsistence air pressure on the tires... Meaning if one tire is more inflated than others. Sir

2. the steering or the suspension part Have worn out ..

3. Brake pads Unevenly wear sir..
alignment is also needed
E.T. C

I will just urge You Sir.. to get a nice mech Or Proffessional mech work shop to get your car fix and pls troubleshooting what could be the cause of the problem before you start repairing or getting any part replace too avoid wasting Effort, time and your money sir..

If you are in lagos you can contact me on @07083676583 Call or Whatsapp we will help you get it fix..

Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy..
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:16am On May 21, 2020
Adaba0803:

Good morning sir pls what can I do, my Toyota Sienna 2002 would start but will go off back immediately until I start and find way to put it to drive or reverse and move it for like 5mins before it start working normal... pls what is wrong with the car and what can I do.
Hello sir.. Alot of things might cause this symptoms on the car system sir...

Might be... From the car fuel line

Might be from the vaccum line

Might be from the coils pr spark plug

Might be an electrical issue sir

What is most important is that you should get a very good proffessional mechanic.. That could hep you Run a Computerized engine on the car system And a real physical troubleshoot sir.. It just to avoid.. Wasting of money, time and effort sir.. Just too know what is exactly the problemsir..

Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Adaba0803(m): 6:43am On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir.. Alot of things might cause this symptoms on the car system sir...

Might be... From the car fuel line

Might be from the vaccum line

Might be from the coils pr spark plug

Might be an electrical issue sir

What is most important is that you should get a very good proffessional mechanic.. That could hep you Run a Computerized engine on the car system And a real physical troubleshoot sir.. It just to avoid.. Wasting of money, time and effort sir.. Just too know what is exactly the problemsir..

Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy.

Thank you so much sir I really appreciate.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Zane2point4(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir a lot of things can cause a tire drifting too one side..

Sr..

1. If there is inconsistence air pressure on the tires... Meaning if one tire is more inflated than others. Sir

2. the steering or the suspension part Have worn out ..

3. Brake pads Unevenly wear sir..
alignment is also needed
E.T. C

I will just urge You Sir.. to get a nice mech Or Proffessional mech work shop to get your car fix and pls troubleshooting what could be the cause of the problem before you start repairing or getting any part replace too avoid wasting Effort, time and your money sir..

If you are in lagos you can contact me on @07083676583 Call or Whatsapp we will help you get it fix..

Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy..
Thanks so much for the analysis am impressed,am not in lag but will try out a goof mech arnd.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 11:58am On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:

Good morning sir, please I was hearing an unpleasant sound like grinding machine sound from my car (Corolla 06 model) and I took it to my mechanic and after testing, he said we gonna change METAL (Sorry if I didn't get the pronunciation or spelling Right) like 10k like that, he said had it been, I didn't bring it on time it can damage the Car Engine....After changing it, the noise reduced but not finally wipe away, the guy now said we need to Goan cut CRAFTSAFT of a thing to bla bla bla sha.... He said I'm gonna need like 20k again to cut the CRAFTSAFT and get other materia to use... Now, my question is that, please do you have idea about what I just explained? can you tell me and give me proffesional advice sir?? I don't want anything to happen to my car ooo. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 1:46pm On May 21, 2020
PrinceFola:

Good morning sir, please I was hearing an unpleasant sound like grinding machine sound from my car (Corolla 06 model) and I took it to my mechanic and after testing, he said we gonna change METAL (Sorry if I didn't get the pronunciation or spelling Right) like 10k like that, he said had it been, I didn't bring it on time it can damage the Car Engine....After changing it, the noise reduced but not finally wipe away, the guy now said we need to Goan cut CRAFTSAFT of a thing to bla bla bla sha.... He said I'm gonna need like 20k again to cut the CRAFTSAFT and get other materia to use... Now, my question is that, please do you have idea about what I just explained? can you tell me and give me proffesional advice sir?? I don't want anything to happen to my car ooo. Thanks in anticipation
.. Yes sir.. If I may ask sir.. What kind of oil did you always use on the engine.. ?
when did you started hearing the sound.? What is It been done on it last...? What did you think it might be the cause of the noise at first hearing sir.?

Yes Replacing a part on an engine sir.. Or rebuilding it a NO sir .. Why.? Cause we lack professionalism in our job and No Good part in our market sir.. So if it is true the engine is faulty to the extent the guy need to change the metal amd after fixing it the noise continue sir..

My advice too you know is to get the engine cOmpletely Replace sir.. To avoid Wasting of money and effort including time.

The Issue i note in your written is that

The engineer didn't do is troubleshooting properly.. Before concluding too you sir.

Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:
.. Yes sir.. If I may ask sir.. What kind of oil did you always use on the engine.. ?
when did you started hearing the sound.? What is It been done on it last...? What did you think it might be the cause of the noise at first hearing sir.?

Yes Replacing a part on an engine sir.. Or rebuilding it a NO sir .. Why.? Cause we lack professionalism in our job and No Good part in our market sir.. So if it is true the engine is faulty to the extent the guy need to change the metal amd after fixing it the noise continue sir..

My advice too you know is to get the engine cOmpletely Replace sir.. To avoid Wasting of money and effort including time.

The Issue i note in your written is that

The engineer didn't do is troubleshooting properly.. Before concluding too you sir.

Thanks Am Shegzthecarguy
Exactly sir, he didn't do troubleshooting very well...... Using MOBIL OIL 20-50W.... Started hearing the sound around February in which the guy said, we need to wash the bottom and he did..... then, the noise permanently stopped then not until like 4days ago that the noise started again sir... What was done on it last was, he loosed the BOTTOM bla bla bla and wash it with... Honestly, I was thinking maybe it was just normal noise but I was moved when it keep increasing.... But now, it only make noise like 30seconds when it changes gear on motion.... like from gear one to hear two, it will make the noise. And, it also make the little noise when it is working like maybe when i start the engine running..... Though, the voice has reduced unlike before..... the day I took it to the mechanic for testing, he drove it and speed like 90 speedomer (You should know how speed it was that day sir). it was after then, the noise became much louder oo..... sorry for disturbing you sir.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Error1: 5:55pm On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:
You can ask any question about your car, suv etc here now am read to answer any question
Good day bro. I drive a Honda EOD. My rev gets stuck at 3 even when the gear is not engaged. But while driving it changes jerks when the rev approaches 3, however when I release the throttle it engages and the next gear.
What could possibly be going on?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2020
PrinceFola:
Exactly sir, he didn't do troubleshooting very well...... Using MOBIL OIL 20-50W.... Started hearing the sound around February in which the guy said, we need to wash the bottom and he did..... then, the noise permanently stopped then not until like 4days ago that the noise started again sir... What was done on it last was, he loosed the BOTTOM bla bla bla and wash it with... Honestly, I was thinking maybe it was just normal noise but I was moved when it keep increasing.... But now, it only make noise like 30seconds when it changes gear on motion.... like from gear one to hear two, it will make the noise. And, it also make the little noise when it is working like maybe when i start the engine running..... Though, the voice has reduced unlike before..... the day I took it to the mechanic for testing, he drove it and speed like 90 speedomer (You should know how speed it was that day sir). it was after then, the noise became much louder oo..... sorry for disturbing you sir.

You are using the wrong oil . Sir.. which is what build up oil sludge on the engine system..and affect Some inner Part of the engine which leads to the noise sir.. but sir.. Now everything as gone beyond sir.. You have replace some part and also wanting to cut a crankshaft..

My advice now is to replace the engine completely too avoid wasting of time ,effort and your money sir..

And after the replacement of the engine..
always use the right engine oil specified by the manufacturer too the engine sir..And should be a synthetic oil sir.. And Pls do service it regularly according too the vehicle service routine shedule

Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by PrinceFola(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2020
larrixauto2017:

You are using the wrong oil . Sir.. which is what build up oil sludge on the engine system..and affect Some inner Part of the engine which leads to the noise sir.. but sir.. Now everything as gone beyond sir.. You have replace some part and also wanting to cut a crankshaft..

My advice now is to replace the engine completely too avoid wasting of time ,effort and your money sir..

And after the replacement of the engine..
always use the right engine oil specified by the manufacturer too the engine sir..And should be a synthetic oil sir.. And Pls do service it regularly according too the vehicle service routine shedule

Thanks
f chaiii, this is serious oh!!! But sir,which engine oil can you recommend sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by samoinc10: 11:20pm On May 21, 2020
Please I need advice..

What could be the possible cause of my Car AC not blowing cold air?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by samoinc10: 11:39pm On May 21, 2020
My Honda accord power steering is hard and dont turn freely. Why?

The AC not blowing cold air
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 11:44am On May 22, 2020
samoinc10:
My Honda accord power steering is hard and dont turn freely. Why?

The AC not blowing cold air
Yes sir you need to get an auto technician to check the hard power steering for you cause a lot can caused it sir..

And for the ac not blowing get a technician too check it sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by deeone12(f): 7:59pm On May 22, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Hello sir. What year is your car sir.? Have you get it scan sir.? What are the symptoms. Or how did the unusual reving start sir..? Pls answer too this sir.?

it is 2011 model,I scanned it once and I was told it's the brain box but people kept telling me that it can't be the brain box. I took the car for panel beating and painting and it was working perfectly before then. I went back to pick the car and the problem started(I don't know what they did to it), immediately the car is kicked it will start revving high and low,so I've been unable to drive it since then because I can't control the speed and the brake will become very difficult to press,thank you.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:11pm On May 22, 2020
deeone12:

it is 2011 model,I scanned it once and I was told it's the brain box but people kept telling me that it can't be the brain box. I took the car for panel beating and painting and it was working perfectly before then. I went back to pick the car and the problem started(I don't know what they did to it), immediately the car is kicked it will start revving high and low,so I've been unable to drive it since then because I can't control the speed and the brake will become very difficult to press,thank you.
Yes Sir The First Thing I will advice you too do is that you should get you car scan and let a profesional mech do a physica trouble shooting and when you get you car scan can you kindly post it for more explanation
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by KolaShangOne(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2020
adebayo111:

If you top up the water in your radiator every two days OR your car overhears and your radiator is not leaking. Also, your cylinder might have been deformed due to overheating.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.