Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (62861 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
madgoat:
@larrixauto2017 How much is Honda Accord 2010 transmission/gear?
Chat Up On whatsapp @07083676583
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by fizcoo20(m): 8:31am On Jul 06, 2020
I beg ur opinion about Toyota corolla 2001. How is the car maintenance and ruggedity.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2020
fizcoo20:
I beg ur opinion about Toyota corolla 2001. How is the car maintenance and ruggedity.
Thanks in anticipation
.. Yes sir are you willing too get 2001 corolla. .It a good and perfect ride sir.. but a maintainance will be seriously required sir.... And it a low cost maintaining car sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by fizcoo20(m): 9:30am On Jul 06, 2020
larrixauto2017:
.. Yes sir are you willing too get 2001 corolla. .It a good and perfect ride sir.. but a maintainance will be seriously required sir.... And it a low cost maintaining car sir

Yes sir.
Someone tell d car chop oil.
True or false. Sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
fizcoo20:

Yes sir.
Someone tell d car chop oil.
True or false. Sir
once you get a toks and maintain it well sir.. It will be a perfect ride. But when it is naija used you get sir. You and i does not how it is been used and maintain sir.. But sir once you get a toks sir.. You should service it with the manufacture spec of oil.. And maintainance schedule should be followed sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by fizcoo20(m): 10:18am On Jul 07, 2020
larrixauto2017:
once you get a toks and maintain it well sir.. It will be a perfect ride. But when it is naija used you get sir. You and i does not how it is been used and maintain sir.. But sir once you get a toks sir.. You should service it with the manufacture spec of oil.. And maintainance schedule should be followed sir

Thanks Sir.
From your comments sir, I really appreciate. I will be avoid naija use then from ur comment.
What of Honda city 2006-2007. His Dat one better than d corolla 2001.
Thanks in anticipation.

Good afternoon, u have not respond to this question.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:57am On Jul 19, 2020
ask your mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2020
Ask Now
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by fizcoo20(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2020
larrixauto2017:
Ask Now

Thanks Sir.
From your comments sir, I really appreciate. I will be avoid naija use then from ur comment.
What of Honda city 2006-2007. His Dat one better than d corolla 2001.
Thanks in anticipation.
Good afternoon, u have not respond to this question.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Zane2point4(m): 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2020
Activity77:
I ve changed my valve cover gasket twice now on my camry 2008 still yet leaking oil... Please help... Don't know what to do
Pls have you resoleved this issue?
Mine is 3rd time now.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Activity77(m): 4:08pm On Jul 25, 2020
Zane2point4:
Pls have you resoleved this issue? Mine is 3rd time now.
Nope.. Just left it like that since it could not be resolved
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please what is the cost of tokombo or new Honda accord gear
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Baba40(f): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
larrixauto2017:
the car hardly have an electrical issue cause the electrical side of the car is very complex due to the modules in it. But no matter how long it may be one day it will actually develop a fault in the electrical side. When it develop that fault i will urge you to take it to a highly modern technician that knows what is doing, but if you allow some local electrician if they distabalized the system for you. I bet you will surely hate the car. Thank you

How can he get a "highly modern technician"?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Baba40(f): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
Zane2point4:

Pls have you resoleved this issue?
Mine is 3rd time now.
Get another Engine.... Yet, lot of scammers out there in the name of professional oooo
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Baba40(f): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
oluwaleokey:
My 04 toyota camry vibrates when a/c kicks start
I realised the rpm pin is almost at zero when car a starts and a/c is turned on.
A mech the other day help raised the rpm pin to 1 but after few drive around, it dropped back again... is that there is some sort of device that regulates the pin that needs to be changed?
How do i fix this?
Its annoying when the vibrations sets in except you tap the gas pedal a lil or to 1 rpm before it normalises

Kindly answer this question sir
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 8:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Please what is the cost of tokombo or new Honda accord gear 2004' 05 please someone should me with this
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
Do we have mechanics that can fix doge caliber and is the parts available in everywhere Nigeria
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:50am On Jul 29, 2020
nonhuman:
Do we have mechanics that can fix doge caliber and is the parts available in everywhere Nigeria
Are You in lagos.? If you are in lagos.. We fix that in my workshop
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by chrisja(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
larrixauto2017:
ask your mechanic
I just bought a 2005 Camry, 1 Month old I haven't done any maintenance of any kind except 1 Lt oil Topping and changing of brake pad before it was driven to Port Harcourt. I also noticed that whenever I turn on the AC, it makes funny noise for about 30-45 secs. What are the first set of maintenance I should carry out on it? And what could be wrong with the AC?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Drogo(m): 7:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
I changed my car radiator recently due to obvious leakages. After installation of a new one I noticed the radiator reservoir usually has more coolant than that of the previous day and the coolant level in the radiator is low. I didn't have a similar issue before the radiator change. Kindly help solve this problem.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Samconcepts(m): 2:11pm On Jul 30, 2020
I am thinking of buying a toks Toyota corolla. Please I need your professional advice on whether to go for 05-07 model or the 09 model. Please also help me with the advantages and disadvantages, including which one you will advice me to go for.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Rotehblack(m): 3:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
I need your advice. Which of the ATF is good for my Camry 2005 model ? I want to flush the gear oil. Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Iogobenz(m): 1:46pm On Jul 31, 2020
Please I no want make anybody cheat me!
I'm about to buy brake pad for my car,2015 toyota corolla.
Them say brake pad 20k.
I lastly buy 8k.them say na original which I really don't care!
So please i go post am here make una give me go ahead before I pay.
I don't want to buy fake for the price of original please.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
Please how much is Toyota rav4 2002 engine
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by xcaper(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dear All,

My RX330 head lamp is no longer looking bright where can I get it restored, I will appreciate any car headlamp cleaning shop contact details and location around Yaba or ebutemetta if possible.

Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:54pm On Aug 03, 2020
xcaper:
Dear All,

My RX330 head lamp is no longer looking bright where can I get it restored, I will appreciate any car headlamp cleaning shop contact details and location around Yaba or ebutemetta if possible.

Thank you
Go Too Ladipo Lagos State Market
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 9:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
nonhuman:
Please what is the cost of tokombo or new Honda accord gear 2004' 05 please someone should me with this
please let someone answer this
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by peaceland(m): 6:23am On Aug 04, 2020
Good morning sir,
Honda Accord 2009 4 plug
I started the car this morning, cranks but did not start.
I used it well on Saturday but parked it since then.
Battery appears good, less than a year old and the indicator green.
& the CD system engaged like it's changing disks after putting off.
Please any indictor to what to look out for please.
Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by realphatphem: 10:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
peaceland:
Good morning sir,
Honda Accord 2009 4 plug
I started the car this morning, cranks but did not start.
I used it well on Saturday but parked it since then.
Battery appears good, less than a year old and the indicator green.
& the CD system engaged like it's changing disks after putting off.
Please any indictor to what to look out for please.
Thanks
a fuse is blown off.. you can check yourself or better still call your rewire to fix that for you.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by ayo2008: 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Gurus kindly help out

I use a Honda Civic 03 automatic transmission

I noticed when the gear is engaged in drive it drags except when put on Reverse gear.

I ran a scan and this is the error

CVT speed change control valve malfunction.

What is the way out pls?
I was told that I should prepare to buy a new gear?

Await your response
Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Ambalicious(m): 11:30pm On Aug 12, 2020
My 2007 Toyota Camry vibrates when I start it. Any help. And d check engine light blinks too.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by martyns200(m): 7:46am On Aug 17, 2020
Good morning, I jus changed my radiator from single to a new double cell due to leakage from the single cell radiator.
Thermostat is still intact and single fan inclusive(not connected directly) After driving the car on Saturday, Sunday morning I checked the water level in the radiator and saw the water is low, so I opened the coolant plastic and saw that the water there has overfilled more than the FULL level its meant to attain, which means that the excess of the water in the coolant plastic is meant to go back into the radiator when engine is cool and it didn't. Does that mean the car would likely overheat. Would love to hear your advise pls....When I called the mech, he said I would need to remove thermostat and connect far directly which am against.The car is a year old and it's a corolla 05 model..would love your inputs so as to take necessary precaution against the unforseen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.