Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,395 members, 7,819,411 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread - Car Talk (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread (63017 Views)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by fizcoo20(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2020
Hello, plz i need advice on honda civic from model 03 to 08 model. which one is good to buy .
his d car rugged,
fuel economy
his d part cheap.
also, d ground clearance, how can someone cope with .

Can d car be use for Uber /Bolt.
His d car rugged for ehailing.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Crown77: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2020
Dear house please i need the attention of car guru here,

My Kia Cerato 08 automatic model has issue with packing light after the Electrician (rewire) worked on it and i changed the Oil and oil filter it didn't start but it shocked and bring fuel to the nozzle the check engine still indicate properly but while running it it wont start. the rewire i invited from Uber scanned it and discovered no fault but he is suggesting we get a new brain box.

My question are:

* Could it be brain box cuz' other funtions are working fine it wont just start.
* Could it be Low engine pressure?
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Crown77: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2020
Can somebody help me on the symptoms of faulty Kia Cerato brain Box?
please am in dare need of urgent experience and helpful response.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 6:41am On Aug 20, 2020
Crown77:
Can somebody help me on the symptoms of faulty Kia Cerato brain Box?
please am in dare need of urgent experience and helpful response.

Thanks in anticipation.
.. Alot of things sir. Can be the symptoms of a E.C.U (Brain Box). Like...

1. Engine Misfire.

2. Engine Stalling.

3. Brain Box Not Communication with Computer Scan Tool E.T.C sir.

The best thing you should do is to get a proffessional technician which can help you do a good troubleshooting on your vehicle.
Thanks.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by grafixdon: 3:58am On Sep 13, 2020
Pls can you recommend any car parts dealer, I urgently needs some parts for my Toyota matrix. Thank you
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 8:30pm On Sep 13, 2020
grafixdon:
Pls can you recommend any car parts dealer, I urgently needs some parts for my Toyota matrix. Thank you
Yea Chat Me Up On Whatsapp The Guy is @Ladipo Lagos.. Dm me @07083676583
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by martyns200(m): 2:44am On Sep 21, 2020
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2020
Note
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
okay
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Mrford(m): 3:01pm On Oct 29, 2020
martyns200:
Good morning, I jus changed my radiator from single to a new double cell due to leakage from the single cell radiator.
Thermostat is still intact and single fan inclusive(not connected directly) After driving the car on Saturday, Sunday morning I checked the water level in the radiator and saw the water is low, so I opened the coolant plastic and saw that the water there has overfilled more than the FULL level its meant to attain, which means that the excess of the water in the coolant plastic is meant to go back into the radiator when engine is cool and it didn't. Does that mean the car would likely overheat. Would love to hear your advise pls....When I called the mech, he said I would need to remove thermostat and connect far directly which am against.The car is a year old and it's a corolla 05 model..would love your inputs so as to take necessary precaution against the unforseen.
Have you resolved this issue? Hope you didn't go the route of removing thermostat and running fan direct.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by martyns200(m): 3:55am On Oct 30, 2020
Mrford:

Have you resolved this issue? Hope you didn't go the route of removing thermostat and running fan direct.

Issue resolved, didn't do anything, guess the coolant was overfilled pass the level it's meant to reach so I reduced it a lil and it's been working perfectly now
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Mrford(m): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2020
martyns200:

Issue resolved, didn't do anything, guess the coolant was overfilled pass the level it's meant to reach so I reduced it a lil and it's been working perfectly now

Happy to hear that.

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2020
Ask Your Mechanic
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2020
Chuwaa:
I have this Toyota camry big daddy, the engine oil light was blinking intermittently and the culprit was narrowed down to oil pump and it was changed in January. Last month it started again and a new pump was bought but same problem persist.

Please is there anything that may cause the pumps to fail or not to work. What can be done to rectify this problem.

N:B we use the recommended 5w30 synthetic oil.
.. Okay Sir. I Would also Like Too Ask You Some Questions Sir..

Before Changing The Oil Pump. Is There Any Issue On The Engine. If Know Sir. And after You Change The Oil Pump. Is There Any Fault On The Engine Like Did you Notice Any Physical Symptoms. Sir. If. No.

The Engine Sound Fine.

The Engine Moves And Idle Properly. And There Have Not Done Any Engine Work On Your Vehicle Before. And Also I don't really Know Maybe If You Bought it Toks Or Nigeria Used. Also Sir..

if You are sure of all This Sir.. It Might Just Be The Issue Of a Bad Oil Switch Or A dirt is interrupting it from working sir..

but first let be sure of all What I text hear.

Before You Change The Oil Pump Did You Run A Scan On The Car. Sir. If Not Please Go Run A Computerized Scan It Compulsory. And After That Let Know Which Fault Code is On The Engine System. That Will give us.. easy access too go with providing solution too the problem sir..

Thanks.

Am Shegzthecarguy. (Shegzz)
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 06, 2020
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2020
Yes Sir.. This Need Physical Inspection Sir.. And I Am In Lagos. If I should Say That You Should Bring It Down. It Will Not Be Easy.. Cos I Have A Lot Of Job On Ground
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 10:04am On Nov 08, 2020
I just changed my fuel pump on Friday and from that moment my car now struggles to start, why is it so
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 12:12pm On Nov 08, 2020
nonhuman:
I just changed my fuel pump on Friday and from that moment my car now struggles to start, why is it so
.. What Year Of Car Is That Sir.. What Model And Name Sir.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2020
larrixauto2017:
.. What Year Of Car Is That Sir.. What Model And Name Sir.
Toyota Avalon 2001
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by tuoyo9729(m): 10:38pm On Nov 08, 2020
Pls wat gear oil can I use on a Toyota sienna 1999 model
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 11:09pm On Nov 08, 2020
nonhuman:
Toyota Avalon 2001
okay great sir.

Have You Run A Scan On th Vehicle sir. And What Is the Fault code on it.?

Did you do any engine work on it sir..? If Yes. What Did You Do Sir.

What is The symptoms Before you change the fuel pump.

okay sir.. a sluggish movement. is cos by a lot of things on a car. pls provide answers too those questions.

1 Like

Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2020
tuoyo9729:
Pls wat gear oil can I use on a Toyota sienna 1999 model
Toyota Type 4. The 4 Will Be In Roman Figure. Thanks
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Mrford(m): 8:10am On Nov 10, 2020
nonhuman:

You probably replaced with a defective pump. Check fuel pressure. Replace if below 44psi
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by AbuAbdilllah(m): 10:27am On Nov 10, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please what size (want it to be a little high) of tyre is best for 06 Sienna and the recommended engine oil? Thanks in advance.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by nonhuman(m): 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2020
larrixauto2017:
okay great sir.

Have You Run A Scan On th Vehicle sir. And What Is the Fault code on it.?

Did you do any engine work on it sir..? If Yes. What Did You Do Sir.

What is The symptoms Before you change the fuel pump.

okay sir.. a sluggish movement. is cos by a lot of things on a car. pls provide answers too those questions.
sorry for the late reply
The issue is that car jecks at 2500rpm when in motion and does not rev pass 3000rpm when in pack position , tried running diagnoses but they said the ecu is not responding, had to do manual trouble shooting I changed fuel filter, throttle body, problem persist and now fuel pump it began to show hard starting, though car runs well in the morning but once engine is heated up the problem starts,
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2020
oh
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by larrixauto2017(m): 9:54pm On Nov 23, 2020
Ask Your Mechanic. Now
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by Stanleyallen17(m): 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
martyns200:
Is it advisable to buy new original bearing to put inside hub than buying a tokunbo hub? Car is a 2005 corolla, the more I accelerate, the more the humming sound increases.

Any answer on this question.
I'm interested.
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by martyns200(m): 5:07am On Nov 28, 2020
Stanleyallen17:

Any answer on this question.
I'm interested.

Buying toks hub is very much better but one must be sure it's not the hub they put bearing in that they sell to one as tokunbo
Re: Ask your Mechanic ! ! ! Thread by personal59: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
Please help my 2009 Toyota Matrix will accelerate slowly and when it get to 60km/hr it will not go beyond instead it will raise up as if am raising it at times when it get to 80 at times it will work fine but when I apply brake or reduce the speed the stuff will start again ( raising up and co)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (31) (Reply)

Toyota Camry AGL627FT Snatched At Gunpoint In Kwara (Photo) / New Innoson Automated Vehicle Plant In Pictures / Ferrari And Lamborghini Spotted In Lagos By FreezeCoolFm (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.