Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (131611 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
ezeagu:

Well, that's insulting, Ngwa could probably fit 20 Nnewi's into it with space left. The land size is quite big, big enough to be a state.

Map is here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ITAF9_hlIQC&pg=PA18

Ngwaland is not big enough to be a state. These Ngwa! angry My Aro ancestors knew what they were doing when they attacked Ngwaland.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by abadaba(m): 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

ChinenyeN,

You seem to be Igbos weakest link on NL. You always go against the majority of the Igbos on NL concerning a united Igboland. You try to divide us and act like your small clan is its own group. And other groups use your words to attack us.
WORD.
Uchenna, onye nwe anyi nonyere gi.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

Ngwaland is not big enough to be a state. These Ngwa!  angry My Aro ancestors knew what they were doing when they attacked Ngwaland.

Why not? How big is Enugu compared to that map? Ngwa is half the size of Abia.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

ChinenyeN,

You seem to be Igbos weakest link on NL. You always go against the majority of the Igbos on NL concerning a united Igboland. You try to divide us and act like your small clan is its own group. And other groups use your words to attack us.
So when I exhibit the quality of an Igbo (easily speaking my mind), I am considered as a usurper of Igbo unity on NL. . . Okay. I'll just allow my post history here on Nairaland to do the talking for me on this one. . . as if I've ever stood in the way of any Igbo unity here.

EzeUche22:

Ngwaland is not big enough to be a state. These Ngwa!  angry My Aro ancestors knew what they were doing when they attacked Ngwaland.
. . . and this one begins. Any wonder why we sided with the British against you people. . .
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2010
ezeagu:

Well, that's insulting, Ngwa could probably fit 20 Nnewi's into it with space left. The land size is quite big, big enough to be a state.

Map is here:

http://books.google.com/books?id=2ITAF9_hlIQC&pg=PA18

I'll say you are wrong on that! That map in the link you showed proves nothing about your claims.

I bet you a lot of folks don't know how big Nnewi is.

Nnewi has four towns inside it (big enough to be separate towns). We are just united because we love our town.

Nnewi is the biggest town in Anambra state in terms of landmass.

So there is no way Ngwaland is that bigger, even if bigger. undecided
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
ezeagu:

That who map is not even ngwa, If you'd pay attention and looked closely you would see Ngwa Region being outlined. It is really small. It can NEVERA!!!!! fit 20 NNewis.Not even in your dreams. cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
Heck, I can take out the map of my town and blow it up for more visibility in the background of surrounding towns. It doesn't prove its true size.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2010
ezeagu:

That is a lie. What about Omuma, Asa, Ndoki, Ika, Okun & Ofaha, Otoro, Isuogu and Ukana? Ngwaland is not the entire southern half of Abia.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2010
I wonder what I did wrong to deserve such treatment from people who want to call me "Igbo", but yet, treat me like an Ijo. . .
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 7:53pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I wonder what I did wrong to deserve such treatment from people who want to call me "Igbo", but yet, treat me like an Ijo. . .

You are our brother. Brothers fight.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Dude, you can call yourself whatever you want. No one cares.  undecided We are really tired of all these lies.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2010
chyz:

You are our brother. Brothers fight.
Even to the point where I am supposedly barred from entering Igbo-based threads? and my 'Igbo-ness', revoked/denied by others ? grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Stop it now! I never heard of an Ngwa say that he is not Igbo. Now they may want Aba State, but they never say they are not Igbo. The Ngwa will always be part of Abia State. To be honest, I wish Abia was a part of Imo.

1 Like

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
Where did I ever say I wasn't Igbo? Now I'm just confused.

EzeUche22:

To be honest, I wish Abia was a part of Imo.
Here's something I can agree with you on. Something that old Aba division insisted on, while old Bende gladly welcomed the idea of 'Abia State'.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

I'll say you are wrong on that! That map in the link you showed proves nothing about your claims.

I bet you a lot of folks don't know how big Nnewi is.

Nnewi has four towns inside it (big enough to be separate towns). We are just united because we love our town.

Nnewi is the biggest town in Anambra state in terms of landmass.

So there is no way Ngwaland is that bigger, even if bigger. undecided

No, show me a map, there's no way Nnewi is even half Ngwa's size. What other town's is it made up of?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:57pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN is not to be taken seriously. He has never been to Igboland. He has not even been to his village so why should any Igbo listen to him.

I still find it strange that at his age, he hasn't been to Igboland.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Here's something I can agree with you on. Something that old Aba division insisted on, while old Bende gladly welcomed the idea of 'Abia State'.

There you go again. Make up your mind dude.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

ChinenyeN is not to be taken seriously. He has never been to Igboland. He has not even been to his village so why should any Igbo listen to him.

I still find it strange that at his age, he hasn't been to Igboland.
grin grin grin grin I thought this was already hashed out? Now you're tossing about lies?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

Have I ever claimed to not be "Igbo"?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2010
Onlytruth:

He doesn't speak on behalf of Ngwa.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

He doesn't speak on behalf of Ngwa.
grin That's no secret. . .  Have I even ever claimed to do such?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 8:02pm On Aug 20, 2010
ezeagu:

No, show me a map, there's no way Nnewi is even half Ngwa's size. What other town's is it made up of?

I have one question for you: Have you been to Nnewi before? If Yes, have you been to all its four parts: Otolo, Uruagu, Nnewi-ichi, and Umudim?

I grew up in Onitsha and was thinking that Onitsha was big until I navigated my town. It is bigger by far.

If not that we don't do this autonomous community bull$h1t, there would have been four towns carved out of Nnewi. Gov Chris Ngige flirted with the idea, but was warned to stay away.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
An Igbo who has never been to Igboland. . . I think we all know what that could possibly mean.  lipsrsealed
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2010
grin This EzeUche na sometin else. . haha. Thank you for brightening my day, EzeUche, but honestly, 'til now, I still have not gotten why you constantly show so much animosity towards me. . . mind clarifying for me exactly why that is?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN,

Really? Are you really asking that question? I do not like you, because you are clannish. You add ammunition to the enemies of the Igbo. You cause disunity. No one cares if you are Ngwa. You are still Igbo. (Your people came down from Owerri) And to make matter worse, you are trying to carve up Abia State.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
Haha, you don't like me because I'm loyal to Ngwa? How do I add ammunition to "enemies"? Where have I caused disunity? That Abia state na separate issue. haha.

So why does my loyalty to Ngwa bother you?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ezeagu(m): 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

And to make matter worse, you are trying to carve up Abia State. 

What is the problem with an Ngwa State?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by RichyBlacK(m): 8:20pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

We own Abia State grin cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2010
RichyBlacK:

You are not lying. angry
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by abadaba(m): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2010
He rarely starts a thread. But when someone else does, he loads it with his Clanish Ngwa rubbish.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
RichyBlacK:

You're from old Bende district? And that's cool if you all want Abia. grin We Ngwa were hoping to leave it to you all, when they wanted to create it. It wasn't our intention to be part of Abia. Instead we wanted to remain in Imo. I have no qualms leaving Abia to una.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
abadaba:

He rarely starts a thread. But when someone else does, he loads it with his Clanish Ngwa rubbish.

Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.