Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) (131617 Views)

Daybreak In Udi: An Exposé Of British Colonization Schemes In Igboland / Does Culture Define The Way Nigerian Men Act In Relationships To A Large Extent? / Colonial Alaigbo (Igboland) in Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2010
abadaba:

He rarely starts a thread. But when someone else does, he loads it with his Clanish Ngwa rubbish.
grin Lying like EzeUche.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
Igbo Enwe(ghi) Eze, and that's the truth. grin No blame me if this is how Ala wanted it.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
@ezeagu

I don't know how accurate these Wikipedia land figures are but take a look:

Nnewi:

As of 2006[update], Nnewi has an estimated population of 391,227 according to the Nigerian census. The city spans over 1,076.9 square miles (2,789 km2) in Anambra State.[3] Nnewi Metropolitan Area and its satellite towns is a home to nearly 2.5 million residents As of 2005[update]. Dimensionally, Nnewi has an edge over all other units, being recognized by the 1953 figures as the largest inland town of all others in the Eastern states.[4]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnewi

Ngwa:

Ngwa are a subgroup of the Igbo people of Nigeria. The Ngwa constitute one of the largest homogeneous cultural and dialect groups in Igboland, occupying an area of about 1328 square kilometers composing the administrative divisions of Aba Urban and Ngwa in Abia State.[1]

It comprises 6 local government areas, this was done by the government for administrative convenience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngwa

shocked shocked

Now, I'm thoroughly insulted by your earlier claims.  cool cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Igbo Enwe(ghi) Eze, and that's the truth. grin No blame me if this is how Ala wanted it.

Your forefathers heads would have been used as our foot stools if the British did not stop us! angry
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2010
No wonder there are so many people I encounter from Anambra. That state is densely populated. Go anywhere and you will find an Igbo from Anambra.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

Your forefathers heads would have been used as our foot stools if the British did not stop us!  angry
haha. Abi oo! Eze "Igbo" NL don tok am.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
Also notice that Nnewi kings go back to 17th, all purely hereditary, way before the British showed up.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by sjeezy8: 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
Lol whats the big deal lemmi tell you when state creation comes there will be anioma state, there will be more homogenous ijaw states- they'll probably get it, yoruba middle belters want a state- they'll probably get it, and other northerners want more states- they will probably get it.

So why not an Ngwa state? I know that everyone around Nigeria wants more states- and will probably get it so you might as well prepare for an Ngwa state or Rivers state to be cut in half.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2010
How about we leave the issue of states for a separate discussion.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by RichyBlacK(m): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

You're from old Bende district? And that's cool if you all want Abia. grin We Ngwa were hoping to leave it to you all, when they wanted to create it. It wasn't our intention to be part of Abia. Instead we wanted to remain in Imo. I have no qualms leaving Abia to una.

M bu nwa ala Amankalu, Alayi, Bende. Ufodi na akpo anyi "ndi ogbo".

Don't mind my people, they're sometimes too head strong for their own good. But, I dig Ngwa girls! cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

You're from old Bende district? And that's cool if you all want Abia. grin We Ngwa were hoping to leave it to you all, when they wanted to create it. It wasn't our intention to be part of Abia. Instead we wanted to remain in Imo. I have no qualms leaving Abia to una.
A.B.I.A: stands for:
A--Aba.
B--Bende.
I--Isikwuato.
A--Afikpo.
The people of Aba province were in support of the creation of Abia state from day one. Please, stop all the lies here.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2010
I'm not lying, Andre.

Gboo! Oko m RichyBlack jokwaa wo. Nne m bu nwa ala Umuenyerem Alayi.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ikenwan: 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
Well, look at this. We didn't even need outsiders to tear us apart. Igbo kwenu.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2010
No, Ikenwan. No one is being torn apart. What it is is that they just don't like me (for reasons best understood by them).
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by chyz(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
ikenwan:

There's no tearing up. We are learning each other's history and Igbo history as a whole. This is what we need. Igbos are intellectual people.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by Onlytruth(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
ikenwan:

There is only one renegade Igboman called Chinenye who is hell bent on proving to us that a wolf is not a dog.   undecided undecided

We've since put him in his place.

We are ONE IGBO.  cool
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2010
Haha. Onlytruth. Me, a renegade? Okay oo. Na yu tok am. . Such no de for my mouth.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2010
Aba girls are beautiful, but they are dangerous o! My first girlfriend hailed from Aba and she was a baaaddd girl.

What my forefathers couldn't do, I definitely plundered parts of Ngwaland. grin
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I'm not lying, Andre.

Gboo! Oko m RichyBlack jokwaa wo. Nne m bu nwa ala Umuenyerem Alayi.
You earlier wrote that Ngwa people did not want to be in Abia state but rather in Imo state, isn't it?.
It is very easy for me to dictate your fallacies.
Incase if you do not know, Ndieze in Ngwaland were signatories to the clamour for Abia state which was submitted to IBB by the late Eze Akanu Ibiam.
Am not from Abia state but I can tell you all that transpired before the creation of that state.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ikenwan: 9:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
If you will forgive me, I think those in contention should reread the entire thread and check whether their reactions fit the situation.

@chyz,
I don't know if we can learn all that here. The ability to do so depends on peoples ability to moderate their reactions.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2010
That's interesting, Andre. I'll have to look into that, because from what I gather, politically, the Ngwa have either advocated for Aba state, or to be left with Owerre province. I remember the outrage I received from elderly Ngwa when discussing the decision to place old Aba district with old Bende. I specifically recall them saying things like "Ngwa has nothing in common with old Bende except for speaking versions of Igbo" and "We should have been left in Imo". . . but I'll look into what you stated.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2010
Prior to 1991 state creation exercise, Ndigbo advocated for many states. For feasibility, the Ohanaeze delegation to IBB led by Eze Akanu Ibiam submitted three lists and they are Anioma, Wawa and Abia. Eze Akanu Ibiam himself favoured the creation of Ebonyi state ahead of Abia but later changed his mind and supported the Abia state movement. I wonder how many of our leaders will do that now.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
Oh. Ohaneze. .
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Oh. Ohaneze. .
Yes Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo intervened. Out of 3 states they demanded for, 2 and half was created. Enugu (Wawa), Abia and Delta with capital at Asaba. Though Anioma was not created but Kudos to Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo.
Regarding Anioma, they were not really united in where the capital will be situated. Some wanted Agbor, some wanted Ogwashi Ukwu and some wanted Asaba. Probably, that played a role in why they lost out then.
Now that Asaba is the state capital of Delta, if Anioma is created, Asaba will still remain the capital of the new state. This state is long overdue.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:21pm On Aug 20, 2010
Yeah. . Kudos to them.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Yeah. . Kudos to them.

Yes, they deserve it more than your precious Aba State. Once we get Anioma State and cede the Igbo communities in Benue State to us, everything will be well.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

[b]Yes, the deserve it more than your precious Aba State. [/b]Once we get Anioma State and cede the Igbo communities in Benue State to us, everything will be well.
I don't believe I said anything, or made any reference of the sort.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by EzeUche22(m): 10:36pm On Aug 20, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I don't believe I said anything, or made any reference of the sort.

I wish I could beat the Igbo into you. angry

Look past your village and your clan and see how Igbos are uniting.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2010
EzeUche22:

I wish I could beat the Igbo into you.  angry
I'm still not sure where you keep getting all this from. How can you beat into me, what is already there?
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by AndreUweh(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2010
ABIA
A--Aba division: Ngwa and Ukwa communities.
B--Bende: Uzuakoli, Alayi, Item, Igberre, Umuahia, Ikwuano, Arochukwu, Ohafia communities.
I--Isikwuato-Ovim, Nunya and Isikwuato communities.
A--Afikpo, Unwanna, Ohaozara, Onicha communities.
Since 1996, Afikpo and kins have been incorporated in Ebonyi state. But Arochukwu now takes the position of Afikpo.
Arochukwu, Abiriba, Abam and Ohafia communities.
Abia kwenu.
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ChinenyeN(m): 10:40pm On Aug 20, 2010
[center]Post Deleted [/center]
Re: The True Extent Of Alaigbo (Igboland) by ikenwan: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2010
I think in this case EzeUche, you may be projecting your own prejudices.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

18+ Unclad Photos Of African Women Slaves From The Past. / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.