Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! (2032 Views)

Teen Runs Away From Home In Enugu; Found Pregnant For Lagos Boyfriend (pic) / Missing Teens Ran From Home After Impregnating 13-year-old ─ Police (Pictured) / Nigerian Men Abroad Prefer Marrying From Home? - Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 12:25am On Aug 21, 2010
I have been dating this girl for the last 2 years now and she is just the right girl for me. The only problem I have is that my family/friends are doing their damdest to hook me up with a Nigerian. Whenever the topic of my getting hooked up to her is brought up, they always have a Nigerian alternative for me to consider. This is grinding on my nerves full time.
Before u ask ,I grew up in Nigeria and most of those pressuring me live in Nigeria. I am going home to visit this year and am sure its gonna be a heck of a fight against them and their choice of women they will surely be presenting to me. What am I gonna do? sad
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by deniyor: 12:29am On Aug 21, 2010
its all up you. prepare for war and learn to stand ur ground.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 12:33am On Aug 21, 2010
Do what feels right. If you love her then go for it. Like deniyor said, be prepared for war.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Nobody: 12:35am On Aug 21, 2010
stand ur ground and go with the woman u love
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Osama10(m): 12:43am On Aug 21, 2010
Follow your heart.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 12:54am On Aug 21, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

Do what feels right. If you love her then go for it. Like deniyor said, be prepared for war.

I am really getting my arsenal all set up for the impending war grin Seriously wats wrong with marrying from out of ur race?
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 1:06am On Aug 21, 2010
cito us:

I am really getting my arsenal all set up for the impending war grin Seriously wats wrong with marrying from out of your race?

That's hard to answer undecided. I have a cousin going through the same thing right now. Have you talked to your family about their xenophobia?
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by MOBO444(f): 1:17am On Aug 21, 2010
My brother our black sister may be bad, but for the sake of your sister, mother and Nigeria do not bring home a filipino, we cant be that bad in Nigeria,please not a filipino, have fun with the filipino lady and drop her, in 5 years time you will look back and realise you made the right decision.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 1:23am On Aug 21, 2010
MOBO444:

My brother our black sister may be bad, but for the sake of your sister, mother and Nigeria do not bring home a filipino, we cant be that bad in Nigeria,please not a filipino, have fun with the filipino lady and drop her, in 5 years time you will look back and realise you made the right decision.

Can u educate me please on wat seem to be wrong with a filipino in 5years time. This is not a case of bad or good, rather an issue of who u are compatible with. She is down to earth and even have learnt a few of my language and delicacies. grin
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 1:27am On Aug 21, 2010
cito us:

I am really getting my arsenal all set up for the impending war grin Seriously wats wrong with marrying from out of your race?

I would say some of them are just looking out for me, I would not go to the xtent of calling it being xenophobic. I would say some of the resistances are born out of ignorance cos they believe only a Nigerian will afford me a better wife.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 1:32am On Aug 21, 2010
cito us:

I would say some of them are just looking out for me, I would not go to the xtent of calling it being xenophobic. I would say some of the resistances are born out of ignorance cos they believe only a Nigerian will afford me a better wife.

I hope I didn't offend you with the xenophobic comment and don't mind MOBO, he's Nairaland's official village goat.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by omega25red(m): 2:00am On Aug 21, 2010
poster
i say dont fall for all the hook ups. A person who loves you and understands you and cares about you no matter what color or race they are is who you should be with. when you go to naija just be the educator and help these people see that life is bigger than marrying the same girl from your village.
by the way is your lady travelling with you?

1 Like

Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 2:04am On Aug 21, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

I hope I didn't offend you with the xenophobic comment and don't mind MOBO, he's Nairaland's certified goat.

No u did not offend me, not at all. wink

omega25red:

poster
i say dont fall for all the hook ups. A person who loves you and understands you and cares about you no matter what color or race they are is who you should be with. when you go to naija just be the educator and help these people see that life is bigger than marrying the same girl from your village.
by the way is your lady travelling with you?

No she is not going, but may be later. Don't want her in the mids of the brouhaha.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by MOBO444(f): 8:57am On Aug 21, 2010
@Poster what do you mean she can cook your delicacies and understand you local language, well i still think it is a bad idea, trust me, have fun with her and move on.
@Inker_nerd i dont understand you,why do you give the fellow wrong advice, he is about to bring home a filipino and this is all you got to say., filipino are know as international maids and servants the world over.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 5:18pm On Aug 27, 2010
MOBO444:

@Poster what do you mean she can cook your delicacies and understand you local language, well i still think it is a bad idea, trust me, have fun with her and move on.
@Inker_nerd i dont understand you,why do you give the fellow wrong advice, he is about to bring home a filipino and this is all you got to say., filipino are know as international maids and servants the world over.

Yes she learnt to do some of things I listed. But I gat to say bro ur replies are rather unintelligent/dumb thanks to the highlighted line above.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2010
cito us:

Yes she learnt to do some of things I listed. But I gat to say bro your replies are rather unintelligent/dumb thanks to the highlighted line above.

Don't you know he's the residential fool of Nairaland? lol
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by sexylogan(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2010
@ Poster: Please neglect any snide remarks against your lady. I hav a filipino friend in naija and i reali admire the lady. Her father is igbo and her mom is filipino. U r the one who is going to stand ur ground unles u dont reali want her.
@ Inked_Nerd: keep it comin',
@ mobo: u shudnt be insultive against a race created by God as yours is. It's not good at all and u shud apologise to the poster for doin' so. Wud u want some foreigner to insult ur mother or sister? Even If u wer tryin to prove a point u shud hav used other words. "use her and then move on"? Just listen to urself.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 3:52pm On Aug 28, 2010
Keep what comin'?
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by sexylogan(m): 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2010
^^^ i meant keep ur posts coming. Very original-love ur dialogue. I can't believe MOBO can be so insensitive towards this issue. I mean, how can he say that the poster shud "have fun with her and move on"? What insolence! Well, this just proves that you may teach a goat to read n write and even operate a computer, but u can Never teach it Sense!
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Dafemo(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2010
na wa o some parents think we still live in the 19th century
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 4:23pm On Aug 28, 2010
sexylogan:

^^^ i meant keep your posts coming. Very original-love your dialogue. I can't believe MOBO can be so insensitive towards this issue. I mean, how can he say that the poster shud "have fun with her and move on"? What insolence! Well, this just proves that you may teach a goat to read n write and even operate a computer, but u can Never teach it Sense!

Hehehe, MOBO is a fine example indeed!!! My cousin's mom is the only one that's against the relationship. I'm in total support though, as long as she treats him well and vise versa.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by citous(m): 5:41pm On Aug 28, 2010
Dafemo:

na wa o some parents think we still live in the 19th century

na wa o some forumites don't have anything meaningful to contribute embarassed
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2010
rodflmao
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2010
MOBO444:

I never took note of MOBO444 until just some few hours ago
To be very humble and sincere i think this dude is the dumbest fellow around at the moment
He types as creepy as he really is.

Inked_Nerd:

I hope I didn't offend you with the xenophobic comment and don't mind MOBO, he's Nairaland's official village goat.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 11:45pm On Aug 28, 2010
talknafree:

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS

LMAO LMAO
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by na2day2(m): 5:04am On Aug 29, 2010
cito us:

I have been dating this girl for the last 2 years now and she is just the right girl for me. The only problem I have is that my family/friends are doing their damdest to hook me up with a Nigerian. Whenever the topic of my getting hooked up to her is brought up, they always have a Nigerian alternative for me to consider. This is grinding on my nerves full time.
Before u ask ,I grew up in Nigeria and most of those pressuring me live in Nigeria. I am going home to visit this year and am sure its gonna be a heck of a fight against them and their choice of women they will surely be presenting to me. What am I gonna do? sad

in case u need help, let me give u my mom's phone number so that she can talk common sense into ur folks head. my mom gave me only one criterion, "make sure she is a true christian", so if i marry an alien from jupiter she cares less cool cool cool cool
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Gabry(f): 5:43am On Aug 29, 2010
Poster,

I understand how you feel cause I was and is still in your situation only that Im Malaysian and my malaysian family object and disapprove me going out with my Nigrian bf. After 6 years and coming to 7, they still object but his family welcomes me to their family.

So what will I advice you to do is dont give up hope. Always let your family know that this nis the girl you love and this is what you want. If they want you to be with a Nigrian girl so badly, than they should go get married to her cause its their personal prferences. Not yours.When you keep doing this and stand firm to your ground, they will have no choice but to give in and theres nothing they can do about it. If they want to break up the family, they can continue on behaving like they are behaving right now. angry
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by blank(f): 5:43am On Aug 29, 2010
I guess they are just looking out for ur best interests.
Don't be too hard on ur folks.
If u are so down with her,go ahead.
It's just that it is difficult for people from different tribes talkmore of people from different races.

At the end of day, it is u making the decisions, good or bad.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Gabry(f): 5:45am On Aug 29, 2010
na2day?:

in case u need help, let me give u my mom's phone number so that she can talk common sense into your folks head. my mom gave me only one criterion, "make sure she is a true christian", so if i marry an alien from jupiter she cares less cool cool cool cool

Your mom is so cool! wink

blank:

I guess they are just looking out for your best interests.
Don't be too hard on your folks.
If u are so down with her,go ahead.
It's just that it is difficult for people from different tribes talkmore of people from different races.

At the end of day, it is u making the decisions, good or bad.

Right on point sweety! kiss

Cause its our own life to make our own decisions, not having other people to make decisions for us.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by Riot5000: 6:57am On Aug 29, 2010
It is all nice to be in love and crap.
EXPLORE YOUR NIGERIAN ALTERNATIVES, FIRST.
Your worst problem is taking her home later where she can be KIDNAPPED or see the HURRIBLE place you come from, and decide she is NEVER going home with you.
It is tough, but that inter racial marriage thing makes your toes tingle.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by JesusloveU: 7:18am On Aug 29, 2010
Poster,am in your shoes right now.I have a Japanese lady am staying with  for 3 to 4 years now.But am planning to go home and marry a black lady,because the cultural differences still remains.My lady is good to me,but the only difference between my lady and yours is that she got a hot temper,shouts  whenever she's angry,destroy things sometimes,she doesn't want to learn how to cook Naija food,she does want to learn about Naija culture and she believes that the woman should control the man .Even if she got all the things i need in a woman or does all the things  i like ,i will still not marry her because i cannot claim my children  if we have problem after marriage.I have seens lots of our guys here who marries to native people  ,but they can't get their children back if there's problems after marriage,they can even be deported if they trys to make any trouble with them.You can go ahead with your plans,it's better to separate when you are still dating than after marriage.For me i want to marry only one lady in my life,i don't want to marry home and abroad like other guys do here.It's your choice brother.
Re: Pressure From Home But In Love With A Filipino: Help! by InkedNerd(f): 7:24am On Aug 29, 2010
JesusloveU:

Poster,am in your shoes right now.I have a Japanese lady am staying with  for 3 to 4 years now.But am planning to go home and marry a black lady,because the cultural differences still remains.My lady is good to me,but the only difference between my lady and yours is that she got a hot temper,shouts  whenever she's angry,destroy things sometimes,she doesn't want to learn how to cook Naija food,she does want to learn about Naija culture and she believes that the woman should control the man .Even if she got all the things i need in a woman or does all the things  i like ,i will still not marry her because[b] i cannot claim my children  if we have problem after marriage.I have seens lots of our guys here who marries to native people  ,but they can't get their children back if there's problems after marriage,they can even be deported if they trys to make any trouble with them[/b]. You can go ahead with your plans,it's your choice.

Hmmm, interesting. Didn't know that. Note to self [me] look into child custody laws when dating and attempting to marry a non-Nigerian. Just wondering, where'd you meet this woman? Are you currently in Japan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Loosing A Friend? / Why These Gurls / Marriage Confusion, House Please Advise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.