Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? (10491 Views)

What Attracted You To Your Current Partner? / Have You Ever Forgiven A Cheating Partner Without Breaking Up? / How To Get Your Ex Back After Breaking Up/Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
DukeofNZ:

Kaziah, how far!
na keke dey bro
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by AmConfused: 8:33pm On Feb 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Hmmm. Touché. You have a point there. Perhaps, I'm just being driven by youthful exuberance. smiley

Hahaha you said you're argumentative and don't easily give up on arguments. but see as u loyal for Nairaland eh, why don't u try this approach on bobo? who knows it may work out except if u just particularly enjoy arguing with him

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by AmConfused: 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
Airtimex:

My dear from what you wrote up there, your reasons for wanting to breakup is you feel he is restricting you and he is affecting your spiritual life which I don't think you are.

With such reason(s) I don't think any relationship or marriage will last more than 1 yr.

My dear at some point in your life, you must let go of some comforts to achieve something more meaningful or attain a greater height....learn to sacrifice

you just told me what I needed to hear.
Lil problem is that this guy is good! like really really good. he's nice, caring, hardly ever quarrels, quick to apologize and always fight to keep me in his life.
many times I've tried to let go but he go through great lengths to get me back.

please tell me, what kinda approach should I use to break up with someone like this? it's hard u know, especially as he has done nothing to offend me
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by MissRaine69(f): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

you just said what I said with vocabulary though. I Don hear u sha
There I have to disagree we did not say the same thing. Feel free to agree cause you know you are not content. Add “in denial” to that list of yours.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by AmConfused: 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2019
MissRaine69:

You can disagree it’s allowed. What you describe is pure misery to me. Hell actually.
I am pragmatic in how I look at life, I accept and I act. I don’t keep trying when it’s obvious there are no signs of life. It’s like CPR on a dead person.

maybe I can agree if it's pretty obvious they're no signs..
but more often than not, there are never sure signs if a relationship is gonna end well or not.
but that's for me sha, maybe u have special X-ray eyes to see into your relationship. I salute you for that
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by pocohantas(f): 8:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
zicoraads:

This is very disrespectful and never solves anything. Rather, it only leads to more bitterness and keeping of grudges in mind.

It's even better to argue about issues, and eventually come to a compromise, than do this.

Way better than arguing nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Ranchhoddas: 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Every frigging day! The friction is just too much. We have tooooo much issues I can't deal. He's too argumentative, defensive and thinks he's better than you in all ramifications, never agrees to your opinion, Infact he knows too much. I'm like that too, and that causes too much friction. I don't want two perfectionists as partners. I'm seriously pressed. We have too many differences than similarities, and that's not too good.

But then, I think he's the most sincerest, blunt, truthful and faithful person I've ever known and will ever know in my entire life. I don't think I'll ever meet someone as sincere and true to me as he is. I think he's the best, truth be told. He's literally my best friend and supporter, but I think he deserves better, maybe not better as you may think, but someone better to accept his perfectionism and flaws too, likewise me. smiley

I don't know what to do. smiley
Na mumu you want. Go buy dog.

Please don't respond.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by simpul(m): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
Every frigging day! The friction is just too much. We have tooooo much issues I can't deal. He's too argumentative, defensive and thinks he's better than you in all ramifications, never agrees to your opinion, Infact he knows too much. I'm like that too, and that causes too much friction. I don't want two perfectionists as partners. I'm seriously pressed. We have too many differences than similarities, and that's not too good.

But then, I think he's the most sincerest, blunt, truthful and faithful person I've ever known and will ever know in my entire life. I don't think I'll ever meet someone as sincere and true to me as he is. I think he's the best, truth be told. He's literally my best friend and supporter, but I think he deserves better, maybe not better as you may think, but someone better to accept his perfectionism and flaws too, likewise me. smiley
From the look of things,you guys can still work it out if there is understanding. For you to have someone that is so truthful to you is a plus.

Calm down,discuss your little difference and see things change for good.
I don't know what to do. smiley
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by MissRaine69(f): 8:51pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

Lil problem is that this guy is good! like really really good. he's nice, caring, hardly ever quarrels, quick to apologize and always fight to keep me in his life.

please tell me, what kinda approach should I use to break up with someone like this? it's hard u know, especially as he has done nothing to offend me
But you can’t have your cake and eat it as well. This is what the person is trying to say to you. Why are you waiting for him to offend you to find a reason? So if he is the perfect gentleman for the whole of 2019 and you still feel the way you do now that’s 3 years gone? Can you see why you are stuck in the situation you are in?

You are being unfair to him and you know you are. By your account you are not going to marry this guy. What emotional connection do you have for this guy? None
Does everything feel rehearsed or you feel like you are just going through the motions? Yes
Do you enjoy his company? Do you actually have quality time together? Do you miss his absences? No
So which reason are you looking for exactly?
The only reason you need is being honest with him and with yourself and you are struggling with both. No one can do this for you or tell you exactly what to do.
This is on you, pointers have been given by a few people though.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Airtimex(m): 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

Hahaha...people dey nairaland ooo.

My dear your reasons for wanting to break up is not enough. I don't really know how to advice you on this. You desperately want to break an innocent hrt. Lol

till the love dies, stick with him....No place is better my dear, and you can't remain single forever
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Tonyprisca: 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2019
CreamyBanana:

i go soon marry am. i love her like die. i never dey ok financially but i don save wella and i go marry am this year.
God will help you and I that you will love her without cheating

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by MissRaine69(f): 8:55pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

maybe I can agree if it's pretty obvious they're no signs..
but more often than not, there are never sure signs if a relationship is gonna end well or not.
but that's for me sha, maybe u have special X-ray eyes to see into your relationship. I salute you for that
I don’t need X-Ray eyes to know when I am happy or when I am not feeling content. I acknowledge those feelings and rectify things.
You and I are very different in how we tackle life, I would 100% would not be in a relationship you have just described in your original post.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by AmConfused: 9:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
MissRaine69:

But you can’t have your cake and eat it as well. This is what the person is trying to say to you. Why are you waiting for him to offend you to find a reason? So if he is the perfect gentleman for the whole of 2019 and you still feel the way you do now that’s 3 years gone? Can you see why you are stuck in the situation you are in?

You are being unfair to him and you know you are. By your account you are not going to marry this guy. What emotional connection do you have for this guy? None
Does everything feel rehearsed or you feel like you are just going through the motions? Yes
Do you enjoy his company? Do you actually have quality time together? Do you miss his absences? No
So which reason are you looking for exactly?
The only reason you need is being honest with him and with yourself and you are struggling with both. No one can do this for you or tell you exactly what to do.
This is on you, pointers have been given by a few people though.

exactly. you're very right. You just described perfectly the situation I'm in.
so now I'm supposed to let go of someone that's been completely good to me for two years for no just cause other than the way I feel. Easier said than done ☹️☹️
I actually do love and care for the guy.. just that he loves me more while sometimes I'm just indifferent.

I've tried to be honest to him, giving him reasons why we can't work. for where? every reason I give he gives another to debunk mine. he desperately wants me to stay and the way he treats me right dissolves my defences.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Innobee99(m): 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
CreamyBanana:

na so, boss.
Am just joking bro, marriage is not something to rush. Take it time and plan well and never u listen to people chanting "your mate are married".

Wish u all the best bro

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Ranchhoddas: 9:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

Nice guys finish last.

God help your nice sons.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by AmConfused: 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
Airtimex:

Hahaha...people dey nairaland ooo.

My dear your reasons for wanting to break up is not enough. I don't really know how to advice you on this. You desperately want to break an innocent hrt. Lol

till the love dies, stick with him....No place is better my dear, and you can't remain single forever

"till the love dies" I've thought of that approach too So no one gets hurt. but is it the best approach? what if it takes yearrrsss for the love to die? I go just waste my time and his.. plus the time I for Don use find Mr Right and develop my life wella
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by pocohantas(f): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2019
LordKO:

Strategist extraordinaire. I'll soon come and borrow a strategy for something special from you.

Actually, lasting harmony is the last thing to expect where two domineering people, who're in a relationship.

Hope no be strategy to knack sha. grin

Very true, but he seems to be more unrepentant than the OP. She has more chances of changing.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by clive2u(m): 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2019
never thought of it bt she broke up with me anyway

ps: am an arsenal fan, we get patience and nothing hurts us so much again

3 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by clive2u(m): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2019

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ranchhoddas:
Na mumu you want. Go buy dog.

Please don't respond.

Lol. I don't want a dog. SMH. You have a prob me o! Well, it's well.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by clive2u(m): 9:14pm On Feb 07, 2019

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by AmConfused: 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2019
clive2u:

Lwkmd Eyaaa.. that kind thing. no wonder you sound perfectly fine.

sorry u hear, I hope you're okay.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by LordKO(m): 9:27pm On Feb 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Hope no be strategy to knack sha. grin

Very true, but he seems to be more unrepentant than the OP. She has more chances of changing.

Lol. As my personal person you're, I've no restriction to what I can learn from you and. . . . Meanwhile, I'm so tired at the moment to the extent that to string a complete sentence together is a herculean task.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Airtimex(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

"till the love dies" I've thought of that approach too So no one gets hurt. but is it the best approach? what if it takes yearrrsss for the love to die? I go just waste my time and his.. plus the time I for Don use find Mr Right and develop my life wella

Hahaha

Who is Mr right?

If you are sure of your relationship and the love you both share, then be positive my dear.

The young man has done nothing to you, stop forcing urself to kill the love plz...
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by clive2u(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

Lwkmd Eyaaa.. that kind thing. no wonder you sound perfectly fine.
sorry u hear, I hope you're okay.
strong as a bull
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by MissRaine69(f): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2019
AmConfused:

exactly. you're very right. You just described perfectly the situation I'm in.
so now I'm supposed to let go of someone that's been completely good to me for two years for no just cause other than the way I feel. Easier said than done ☹️☹️
I actually do love and care for the guy.. just that he loves me more while sometimes I'm just indifferent.

I've tried to be honest to him, giving him reasons why we can't work. for where? every reason I give he gives another to debunk mine. he desperately wants me to stay and the way he treats me right dissolves my defences.
No my sister part of you hopes he convinces and because you know how he feels that part is assured.
So let me ask you this, what do you want?
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by OdogwuMike(m): 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2019
@Amconfused. Your situation suit well with human nature. People, especially women, generally tend to misbehave once they notice that they are loved most.

In a relationship, the one that's loved the most, holds the key. I bet if u loved him more, u won't be here typing this. I'm telling u because I know and understand the feeling u are having. The girls I have dated I have felt the same for them too, cause I always make sure I love less.

Listen good to my advice, I have seen a lot in my lifetime. U better hold that guy, experience has personally thought me that good people are actually hard to come by.

The solution to this is, if I knew the guy, i will counsel him to break up with u, inorder to confirm ur love, and give u some serious space. If u come back, then u guys would have a better MUTUAL bond and love, that way, no one could have a monopoly of breakup, then u both will mutually appreciate yourselves.

For me, he's inability to do this yet, is what is giving u this mixed feeling and i fear it might turn out badly for him.

7 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by zicoraads: 9:53pm On Feb 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

It's really hard. smiley

I love him too much, but then I think love isn't enough. What amazes me is his lack of zeal to want to change. I've done all that I can. I admit, I have a lot of freaking flaws too, we are both perfectionists and it's too bad.
So you are also claiming to be a perfectionist? grin cheesy

Did you even check the meaning of the word at all?! grin
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2019
zicoraads:

So you are also claiming to be a perfectionist? grin cheesy

Did you even check the meaning of the word at all?! grin

Zicoraads, mind your business, ok?

Yes, I'm a perfectionist. Or is there another meaning to it?
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by zicoraads: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Have you tried keeping quiet when he talks. Allow him talk o, then you smile and say "okay".
This is very disrespectful and never solves anything. Rather, it only leads to more bitterness and keeping of grudges in mind.

It's even better to argue about issues, and eventually come to a compromise, than do this.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by zicoraads: 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Zicoraads, mind your business, ok?

Yes, I'm a perfectionist. Or is there another meaning to it?
This is rich coming from you.

I'll soon have your time; very soon.
Re: How Often Do You Think Of Breaking Up With Your Current Partner? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2019
zicoraads:
This is rich coming from you.
I'll soon have your time; very soon.
You wan to fight her ni? shocked
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Shout Out To That Girl You Banged In Secondary School / Women Describe What They Do Immediately After Sex And It Will Surprise You / Why Men Stare At Women But Don't Make A Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.