Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

#11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos (45155 Views)

Ransome Kuti Memorial Grammar School Lagos 88' Set Celebrates Reunion In Uniform / Grace High School Lagos Asks WAEC Candidates To Lodge In Hotel, Parents Protest / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Goddys(m): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2019
I cursed poverty with every fibre of my being. I have been seeking just 3 million naira collateral-free loan to start up a business and fellow human beings are able to cough out 11 million naira as if it is an unwanted sputum.

Poverty I curse you....

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pacespot(m): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2019
The gulf between the rich and the poor in this world is too much. Imagine the amount that a school collects for acceptance fee is enough to make me forever or turn the life of five families around completely.

And this is within the economy of a third world country like Nigeria. What of those schools in developed countries like United States or Canada.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Zanziman: 10:43am On Feb 08, 2019
Sgbate:

Wow, I only know of only politicians that can do that here, well I haven't been to Lagos so I don't know much abuh people there...
Sha money dey o
Money dey my Brother, who no know no know. I recalled my broke days, I had a friend who was very wealthy financially but I never knew. The day I saw his account balance, I developed running stomach instantly. Same guy that likes to come around and soak garri with me. Although he looks very neat and dressed simple clean. I kept what I saw to myself. He later gave me a life changing contract. I wasn't shocked when he released funds for the project.
A lot of simple people you see or know are billionaires. I did not say millionaires, but billionaires.
Not all billionaires dey use security guards. Infact, its mostly millionaires and dirty money people that does that.

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ChiefAzubuike(f): 10:44am On Feb 08, 2019
Zanziman:

If I tell you the number of billionaires in this country, you go shock.
People wey get over $1m for their domiciliary account Na Sara. Although poor people still plenty pass. Trust me, over 25% of Nigerians parents(not politicians) can easily afford to send their wards to this kinda school. But some prefer to send them abroad instead. The most expensive schools in the world have Nigerian kids.
Dont mind those kids. I doubt they go out at all. Explore Lagos and abuja. People get money die in this country. I dont mean celebs or public figures, i mean normal low key citizens like you and me. Dollar rise or not no be everybody e dey affect. There used to be one man in my street several years ago.. Only God know the kind work e dey do but see him mansion, that mansion was jaw breaking. Even their hefty dogs na one can of family size peak milk dem dey pour for them drink every day. They feed them with raw processed chicken each morning afternoon and night.. those dogs numbered about 5. And if we calculate how much they spend for each everyday, it will be more than 10k . X5 that's 50k. In a month thats over 1.5M on feeding dogs alone. And no be matter of them talk I hear, na wetin me dey see with my korokoro eyes everyday coz I used to run errands for this man around 2003. Delivering documents here and their for him. Na only dogs dem dey spend millions on top monthly. he had about 3 kids who all were in British high school lekki abi na ikeja . their fees sef na die.. This man travels to the USA and comes back anyhow like say na him backyard he dey go.. People wey get crazy Money dey this country abeg.

4 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by urahara(m): 10:47am On Feb 08, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Dont mind those kids. I doubt they go out at all. Explore Lagos and abuja. [b]People get money die in this country. [/b]I dont mean celebs or public figures, i mean normal low key citizens like you and me. Dollar rise or not no be everybody e dey affect. There used to be one man in my street several years ago.. Only God know the kind work e dey do but see him mansion, that mansion was jaw breaking. Even their hefty dogs na one can of family size peak milk dem dey pour for them drink every day. They feed them with raw processed chicken each morning afternoon and night.. those dogs numbered about 5. And if we calculate how much they spend for each everyday, it will be more than 10k . X5 that's 50k. In a month thats over 1.5M on feeding dogs alone. And no be matter of them talk I hear, na wetin me dey see with my korokoro eyes everyday coz I used to run errands for this man around 2003. Delivering documents here and their for him. Na only dogs dem dey spend millions on top monthly. he had about 3 kids who all were in British high school lekki abi na ikeja . their fees sef na die.. This man travels to the USA and comes back anyhow like say na him backyard he dey go.. People wey get crazy Money dey this country abeg.

Even in poverty stricken countries like Niger , Yemen and Haiti , they are people with bastard money.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Zanziman: 10:50am On Feb 08, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Dont mind those kids. I doubt they go out at all. Explore Lagos and abuja. People get money die in this country. I dont mean celebs or public figures, i mean normal low key citizens like you and me. Dollar rise or not no be everybody e dey affect. There used to be one man in my street several years ago.. Only God know the kind work e dey do but see him mansion, that mansion was jaw breaking. Even their hefty dogs na one can of family size peak milk dem dey pour for them drink every day. They feed them with raw processed chicken each morning afternoon and night.. those dogs numbered about 5. And if we calculate how much they spend for each everyday, it will be more than 10k . X5 that's 50k. In a month thats over 1.5M on feeding dogs alone. And no be matter of them talk I hear, na wetin me dey see with my korokoro eyes everyday coz I used to run errands for this man around 2003. Delivering documents here and their for him. Na only dogs dem dey spend millions on top monthly. he had about 3 kids who all were in British high school lekki abi na ikeja . their fees sef na die.. This man travels to the USA and comes back anyhow like say na him backyard he dey go.. People wey get crazy Money dey this country abeg.
For real o! People get money for this country.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Goddys(m): 10:50am On Feb 08, 2019
urahara:

Even in poverty stricken countries like Niger , Yemen and Haiti , they are people with bastard money.

Are these kind of wealth natural or could it be that they made a pact with goetic demons or Lucifer?
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by urahara(m): 10:52am On Feb 08, 2019
Goddys:

Are these kind of wealth natural or could it be that they made a pact with goetic demons or Lucifer?

......or maybe it's just simple capitalism at work.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pacespot(m): 10:53am On Feb 08, 2019
The big question is that what is the marginal benefit of this school to Nigerian economy? Who owns this school: a Nigerian or foreigner? I hope this is not one of those drainage pipes that are planted to drive money out of this country.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 08, 2019
From experience and from what I've seen.. It's just the same thing with private schools abroad (except they can't take students loan), public schools in the US is free so long as you're a citizen, and honestly people will kill to have their kids go there
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Goddys(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2019
urahara:

......or maybe it's just simple capitalism at work.

Except through inherited wealth, I still find it very hard to acknowledge that one can start up a business from nothing and become stupendously rich and wealthy without external forces involved.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by HomeOfMe(f): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Oga some of their teachers here na foreign degree they take enter not like your Nigerian counterparts wet dey use NCE teach. They are we'll paid too. Many of them dey carry cool rides come school. This kind of school is quality and for the rich .. E no be like the otumgboko grammar school you go. If I have the money, my children go go here and have quality education in a great environment. All in all it's all about cutting you coat according to your size.
You were quick to reply me like you had sth better to say. I watched a documentary the other day on CBS reality about most of those teachers especially Indians going to other countries especially Africa to look for teaching jobs,and it was discovered that some of the ones whom they interviewed and screened in Canada were not qualified to teach,some of them didn't even pass simple Exams and didn't attend teachers training. If they could find such people in Canada,not to talk of the ones who come to Nigeria. You were quick to quote me because you feel that because they're whites,then they are perfect.

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by HomeOfMe(f): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2019
dfrost:

Don't mind them. The whites know that blacks like hype so they help them a lot.

For instance, the Chinese comes to Nigeria, buys cashew nuts, exports them, does little or nothing to prepare and repackages it to Nigerians. Gbam! The hype for oyibo things go start.

PS: Dangote didn't go to these type of schools, neither did Otedola, Adenuga et al.
Don't mind then. Whites using their color to deceive them. Slaves to whites.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by agylistic77: 11:20am On Feb 08, 2019
My tuition fee break down
1 Anwaru Islam nursery and primary school Lagos
#300for new intake PTA fee #300 per annual
2 Yewa junior high school,Agege new intake# 2800 including uniform and book, PTA fee is#300per annual
3 Ikeja high school,Ikeja Lagos #8000 for new intake PTA fee #300 per annual free text books
4 university of Agriculture Makurdi
* Jamb #4000
* Post Utme #1600
* Acceptance fee #5000
* Tuition fee Annually is #41650 for 5yrs.

TOTAL EXPENDITURE =# 222950
There should be no excuse for illiteracy

4 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Rajosh(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2019
poverty your father!!!

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by identitylenz(m): 11:27am On Feb 08, 2019
SMH I sha wee build a school more exotic than this wan in the future.........
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by blowjob: 11:38am On Feb 08, 2019
STUPID... grin grin

SAI BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Sgbate(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2019
Zanziman:

Money dey my Brother, who no know no know. I recalled my broke days, I had a friend who was very wealthy financially but I never knew. The day I saw his account balance, I developed running stomach instantly. Same guy that likes to come around and soak garri with me. Although he looks very neat and dressed simple clean. I kept what I saw to myself. He later gave me a life changing contract. I wasn't shocked when he released funds for the project.
A lot of simple people you see or know are billionaires. I did not say millionaires, but billionaires.
Not all billionaires dey use security guards. Infact, its mostly millionaires and dirty money people that does that.

LOL cheesy
And no money ,no money people like say has affected my plastic mind angry grin, sha u just gave me a little motivation up there, a positive motivation I mean,not 'logo Benz' type grin
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by joepepsy(m): 11:53am On Feb 08, 2019
Is a bastard bastard.
misspresident:
Poverty issa bastard.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Sgbate(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2019
agylistic77:
2 Yewa junior high school,Agege new intake# 2800 including uniform and book, PTA fee is#300per annual
3 Ikeja high school,Ikeja Lagos #8000 for new intake PTA fee #300 per annual free text books
* Jamb #4000
* Post Utme #1600
* Acceptance fee #5000

And mine
* JSS1 new intake = ₦18,500
* SS1 New intake ₦32500
* Jamb ₦6200
* Acceptance fee ₦5000
* Uni fees ₦55,300
When I add them up and compare with the figure up there I just shocked grin
there's really no excuse for illetracy especially if you live in places like Kebbi, Sokoto, and Zamfara where education is almost free..
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by UrVillagePpl: 12:09pm On Feb 08, 2019
who else saw the guy at the extreme right wit 2 diff foot wear
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pomide(m): 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
Debramaye:
From experience and from what I've seen.. It's just the same thing with private schools abroad (except they can't take students loan), public schools in the US is free so long as you're a citizen, and honestly people will kill to have their kids go there

So true.. smiley
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pomide(m): 12:22pm On Feb 08, 2019
agylistic77:
* Jamb #4000
* Post Utme #1600
* Acceptance fee #5000

Wow, you didnt write waec, didn't end buy any books in the uni, didn't spend expesive money for project... Whoa! wink
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pomide(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2019
Instead of some nairalanders to keep quiet and work on their lives... They are busy shouting scam, stupid, expensive lol

I'd like to send my kids here, but can't afford it yet, so I pray to Jesus to keep me healthy with longetivity, so I can step up with my endeavors so as to get more richer... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by thunderbabs: 12:29pm On Feb 08, 2019
Father Lord. Bless me O Lamb of God.

Deliver me totally from poverty and make me extremely rich and wealthy to your glory, abeg Dear Jehovah

Iya yii pooju, Oluwa jowo.

Oju re ni mo wo cry
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by movetoca: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2019
misspresident:
Poverty issa bastard.
Hahahaha...You just cracked me up.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Bloooody(m): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
Khd95:
see as them be like girran especially those in the first picture grin grin grin

us wey go public school,please lets know our selves..gather her lets have reunion cool cool undecided

ok i am a hater,bye
Street rat
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by dfrost: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/amp/slideshow/14525569/1/25-of-the-most-expensive-private-high-schools-in-the-us.html

Check that link. The least most expensive school there is 43,000 dollars. Most Nigerians abroad send their kids to government-owned high schools as the standards as high over there. But if you wanna enroll your kids at top high schools - you will pay far more than what is being charged at American International School, Lagos.

See Passion2009, I understand your position on this. I really do. But how many of the graduates have improved our economy? The school was founded in 1964, so what have they contributed? I don't beef them, bro. Person wey get money fit spend am as e like. We all can't be spendthrift or frugal in nature. cheesy

I just hope God keeps me alive to fulfill my dreams, it's about time to change the face of education in Nigeria. Disruptive innovation on my mind.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by agylistic77: 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2019
pomide:

Wow, you didnt write waec, didn't end buy any books in the uni, didn't spend expesive money for project... Whoa! wink
Waec and neco is free in Lagos state for govt sch
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by agylistic77: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2019
pomide:

Na material we they photocopy for FUAM
No time to buy text books

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Benin Students Shot This Afternoon / Thread For SEPLAT Undergraduate Scholarship 2016 / Some Grammatical Blunders To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.