Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

#11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos (45165 Views)

Ransome Kuti Memorial Grammar School Lagos 88' Set Celebrates Reunion In Uniform / Grace High School Lagos Asks WAEC Candidates To Lodge In Hotel, Parents Protest / Muslim Girls Suspended From Isolo Secondary School Lagos For Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by dfrost: 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2019
HomeOfMe:
Don't mind then. Whites using their color to deceive them. Slaves to whites.

Poverty of the mind (and not of money) is a bad disease that should be cured.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Bloooody(m): 12:49pm On Feb 08, 2019
abumeinben:

No wahala. But don't believe everything you see on websites
It's obvious you're an illiterate.
Probably a gate man
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by InvertedHammer: 12:57pm On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:
ABOUT American International School, Lagos(AISL)

AISL started with thirty students; we now have over 760 students attending. We offer Pre-school through 12th grade, and our high school students can choose to graduate with either an American diploma or an International Baccalaureate diploma. Our graduates attend, and are successful in, universities throughout the world.

AISL is an international school with an amazing and supportive community. Parents, educators, school board members, alumni, and other supporters continually show their love and dedication to the school. Our students represent fifty-one countries. Our staff represents fourteen countries. This diversity in our student body and staff, along with their varied ideas and backgrounds, is a hallmark of AISL.

/
Total nonsense.

/
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pomide(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2019
agylistic77:

Waec and neco is free in Lagos state for govt sch

Oh didn't know about that, thanks for the heads up
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Dearlord(m): 1:03pm On Feb 08, 2019
Quality Education , it worth is more than billions
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by pomide(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2019
agylistic77:

Na material we they photocopy for FUAM
No time to buy text books

Federal University of Accounting Minna?

I play a lot lol
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ibietela2(m): 1:15pm On Feb 08, 2019
Will they get automatic green card?
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ibietela2(m): 1:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
Ishilove:
11 million... One can build a house in certain areas in Nigeria with that amount.

With plenty rooms
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by einsteine(m): 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2019
dyydxx:

Exactly my thoughts. It's outrageous. We always sell ourselves short in this part of the world

There is mobility of labor. As long as they obtain expatriate quota for each staff, then they are not breaking labor laws.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by einsteine(m): 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
mindurword:

In America no body can pay such [b]amou[/b]t for school fees stop reaping Africans

Nobody? Have you been to America?

Mark Zuckerberg attended Philip Exeter academy. Google the fees they pay at that school.

@ second bolded word, is that how you spell amount?
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by einsteine(m): 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2019
dfrost:

Still expensive. The whites over there, do they pay this much? You have family and friends outside Nigeria,ask them and come back with an answer.

What do you mean by whites abroad?

Regardless of the country, rich people don't go to the same school as the average person.

In America, private schools are expensive. Check out the high schools that Mark Zuckerberg and Evan Spiegel attended.

1 Like

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by einsteine(m): 2:06pm On Feb 08, 2019
IchBinBrait:

It is really insanely expensive. What is the special impact the schools make on the kids that our circular schools dont??

I can enrol my ward for 300-400k per annum in a good circular school and use the remaining 10million to produce further wealth. Personal though

It's not just the quality of the education.

They also pay for the exclusivity and with that exclusivity comes the ability to get connections. Harvard University is more expensive than Howard University and it is not just the quality that is the difference.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ChiefAzubuike(f): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
ifyalways:

Nay, they attend St Saviours Ikoyi
Which kind at saviours ? grin lol. Comedian.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ChiefAzubuike(f): 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
einsteine:

They also pay for the exclusivity and with that exclusivity comes the ability to get connections. Harvard University is more expensive than Howard University and it is not just the quality that is the difference.
Those people just have a very poor mindset, poor man mentality 11M naira is like #1000 or even #100 to some people. It removes little or nothing from them. Sending your child here will almost guarantee him/her a successful life or career coz only the elite and extremely wealthy can afford to send their kids here. Your child will be well connected before he graduates. Even you as a parent will be well connected too. Building strong networks like this will help you later in life. That's a fact. Abi na for public school wey na agbero children full there you wan see better person wey go help your life?

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by MrHandsome2013: 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
my current salarly in next 50 years is not event upto that money..i don tire for this life che
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Those people just have a very poor mindset, poor man mentality 11M naira is like #1000 or even #100 to some people. It removes little or nothing from them. Sending your child here will almost guarantee him/her a successful life or career coz only the elite and extremely wealthy can afford to send their kids here. Your child will be well connected before he graduates. Even you as a parent will be well connected too. Building strong networks like this will help you later in life. That's a fact. Abi na for public school wey na agbero children full there you wan see better person wey go help your life?

Don't mind them. I just laugh at such comments. People who send their kids to these schools are not fools. Education goes far beyond writing waec/jamb. Education is also about exposure. I've come across students that attend schools like American International School, Lekki British School, Grange School, Greensprings and the likes and I can boldly tell you that some of the students in these schools are more intelligent and exposed than many university undergraduates.

They care less about WAEC or Jamb - 99% of them don't even plan to acquire university education in Nigeria.

Their parents are training them to take over(or even establish) multi-billion naira investments. They are not training them to be underdogs who will settle for an average lifestyle.

The most important of it all is even the network of friends these kids enjoy. AISL and Grange are a circle. It's a circle of the wealthy class who wants their children to sustain what they've built and achieve much more.

2 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by abumeinben(m): 4:04pm On Feb 08, 2019
Bloooody:

It's obvious you're an illiterate.
Probably a gate man

Haha.. grin

You're not nice
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ifyalways(f): 5:05pm On Feb 08, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Which kind at saviours ? grin lol. Comedian.
Don't be ignorantly arrogant

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ChiefAzubuike(f): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2019
ifyalways:

Davidos kid doesn't attend st saviours madam...
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Passion2009: 5:43pm On Feb 08, 2019
ifyalways:

Davido's daughter does not attend this school and it is very unlikely that she will ever attend such school. I can confirm to you that his first daughter attends American International School, Lagos. If you follow his Instagram stories, you would have confirmed this.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by dfrost: 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2019
einsteine:

What do you mean by whites abroad?

Regardless of the country, rich people don't go to the same school as the average person.

In America, private schools are expensive. Check out the high schools that Mark Zuckerberg and Evan Spiegel attended.

They are expensive, I agree. No doubt about that. But the school advertised, is it for Nigerians? Just curious. shocked

Also einsteine, please Mark Zuckerberg has made an impact on the world. The Nigerians that have attended such schools, what is their impact? I'm not against anyone attending such schools.

I'm a poor man, so before you yab me, make I yab myself.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by mikolo80: 9:14pm On Feb 08, 2019
Passion2009:
Cc

Lalasticlala Fynestboi Olawalebs Ishilove Richiez Seun

[/b]If there is one thing I've learned about these schools, it's that there are thousands of legitimately wealthy Nigerians. If you visit schools like AISL, Lekki British School, Grange School, BIS, Loyola Jesuit, Greensprings School and 'other highbrow' schools in Lagos and Abuja, you will realize there are several successful Nigerians(who have never been in government but are doing very well in their fields) that can afford this education for their children.

If you can afford it, then give it a shot. Your kids deserve the best...[b]
must a thief be in govt to chop govt money
Who be dis mumu person
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Focusmind: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2019
pansophist:

As someone that studied in one of the top 100 best university in the world, I can confirm this. Honestly, I don't think I learnt anything special, it's more on the prestige and powerful network that I still cultivate from unto this day.

Also, attending such schools gives a certain kind of confidence, the deep seated feeling that you're competent and won't be assumed not to be. And to have global friends, being invited to high end events and benefits from being the early bird to be notified of deals and opportunities. The benefit is huge.

Like the old saying, your network is your net worth. With such a diverse community spanning from top-notch individuals in entertainment and diplomacy, businessmen to lawyers, the money is a merger in the long run. Most likely, those kids ain't graduating to look for jobs, but to manage companies of their parents or build theirs, with the convenient of such powerful network.

I learnt this first from a Colleague when we were recruited as management trainees around 2006. The guy went and paid for an expensive accommodation in a high brow Ikoyi. It was a self-contained though.

After 9months, he joined a multinationals company. One of the top ogas stays in the same estate with him and they connected.

It was when he was about leaving us that he told me the reason behind his paying that huge sum for a self contained in Ikoyi, which we thought was stupid of him but he had his reason.

As someone mentioned here, your network determines your networth

3 Likes

Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by IchBinBrait(m): 10:07pm On Feb 08, 2019
einsteine:

I get it now... hmm undecided
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by chinyce(m): 9:53am On Feb 09, 2019
How many of their Students are on scholarship.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by jyz200(m): 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2019
Passion2009:

They have over 760 students according to their website : www.aislagos.org

There are many private high(secondary) schools in the United States that are more expensive than this. (You can check Google). I think it's a matter of choice and affordability. There are families who don't want their kids to travel abroad in their formative years but they want them to get the "most international" education as possible in Nigeria. American International School, Lagos(and I think they have another branch in Abuja) is the only AUTHENTIC international school in Nigeria that is largely run by expatriates. More than 80% of their staff are from countries outside Nigeria and there are people who are willing to cough out anything for such world-class diversity.

Them no dy no shishi
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ifyalways(f): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Davidos kid doesn't attend st saviours madam...
Okay

You could be right. Thought i saw the girl there on a school run but I might be wrong.

Sorry about my previous response. I apologise.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by ifyalways(f): 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2019
Passion2009:

Davido's daughter does not attend this school and it is very unlikely that she will ever attend such school. I can confirm to you that his first daughter attends American International School, Lagos. If you follow his Instagram stories, you would have confirmed this.
Okay. Thank you.

I'm not on instawhatever and not really interested .
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by baratech: 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2019
Good
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by Laird(m): 7:54pm On Feb 09, 2019
einsteine:

Nobody? Have you been to America?

Mark Zuckerberg attended Philip Exeter academy. Google the fees they pay at that school.

@ second bolded word, is that how you spell amount?

Men see how much Mark Zuckerberg founder of Facebook secondary school cost

Phillips Exeter Academy is a top rated, private, boarding school located in Exeter, NH. It has 1,085 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. Tuition is $49,880 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by cnonyechi(f): 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2019
asuustrike1:

Why na?
Y wat?
Y she still lives in AJ? Me I don't knw
Re: #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos by iamrealdeji(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2020
HomeOfMe:
Because their teachers are foreigners doesn't mean they're qualified. SCAM!
The school is nothing but scam. No single notable alumnus. In GSS Ilorin alone which is a public school,there are tons of notable alumni like Emir of Ilorin,Adisa,Idiagbon,many profs,big politicians,etc. Same with other schools. Bring these students to some public local schools and have the students compete in math with some local students and watch how they would disgrace these so called American International college students. All I see about this school is luxurious learning terrain and unique/international curriculum that even low class foreign schools use

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / Some Grammatical Blunders To Avoid / Thread For SEPLAT Undergraduate Scholarship 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.