Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? (4330 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by nuclearboy(m): 4:23pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^ At least I got 50% - that's a pass mark, ain't it? For a "boy" with babyteeth like I get told weekly nowadays, I try!

BTW, don't mind MyJoe - he knows the answer. He's one of these over-brilliant people who like behaving as though they're normal like the rest of us.

@Aletheia:

Don't you know James was a heretic for saying "faith without works is dead"?  shocked Some people would rather that faith be totally unrelated to any manner of work. Just gist, stories and eisegesis!

@Tonye-T:

cry
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2010
Nuclear you try oh with your baby teeth lol. And you're right about MyJoe too.

Tonye-t:

John the baptist's ministry was a VOICE
Jesus' ministry was the RECONCILIATION

Paul's ministry was the GOSPEL TO THE GENTILES
Peter's ministry was A WITNESS TO THE JEWS

David's ministry was to PROVIDE THE MATERIALS FOR GOD'S BUILDING
Solomon's ministry was to BUILD THE TEMPLE

so what concerns Oyedepo's with Oyakhilome's?
Oh dear. I don't even know where to start with this so I won't.

or maybe I will.

Lets just go by your ministerial schematic (though it is faulty) up there for a second. So Jesus could not preach or teach around the lake and woods where John the baptist lived? since that was John's ministerial jurisdiction? and Jesus could not interfere since His only job was "reconciliation"?

and Paul could not go in Jerusalem to preach since that was Peter's assignment? and dare Peter venture across the ocean to Rome to teach Paul's 'church' since preaching to anyone but Jews was not his 'ministry'?

Please Tonye think again about what you wrote. This time, very very slowly.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2010
Nuclear boy never knew you could cry like a baby grin grin your face looks poopoosih grin grin
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 23, 2010
J-babe when a poster creates a thread its always good we understand his intent for creating one lest we could end up confused and disarrayed. Dont you think it aint good we reply comments out-of-poster's-context. Pls lets kindly go back and see the poster's comment and his biases

why cant Pastor Oyedipo preach in Pastor Chris Oyakilomeh's  church ?
and vise versa.

please tell me folks!

is it that they worship different   .  .  . .?

or

is it that Christians do not . . . . another?

The poster feels because Oyedepo hasnt gone to christ embassy therefore insinuates that they WORSHIP DIFFERENT GOD. Why did he feel this way? because he presumes their churches to be BUSINESS CENTRES. undecided undecided

He believes Chris' church creaves for massive business membership and thus wouldnt jeopardize its business center quest. And so came here to ask what we feel about his vain question. . . dont you think so? undecided undecided undecided

My first comment i wanted to give was this: If Pastor Oyedepo hasnt preached in chris Embassy, at least Pastor Adefarasin has. (but then i noticed his baises and it is very different from what ya'll think. . .read it again and lets hear yours!
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
aletheia:

^Here we go again. Apparently, you went away for a season but you are now back; not so?
Three sentences. Each one loaded with error.
#1. James was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem.
#2. Paul had several churches under him.
#3. They both had some differences in their doctrines.

"Pastor" provide the evidence for these claims please.

I'm sure we've discussed this before in other threads. James had his doctrines that Paul didn't approve of. But that didn't make them insult each other. Every pastor has his assignment and revelation. Pastor oyedepo use medium such as handkerchief ,oil etc. Washing of feet. But pastor chris doesn't use such . So why will they invite each other. But they still believe in each other's ministry.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
Image123:

Eh eh, which one is Paul's church and James' church? BTW, they both preached and wrote to the same audience.

Paul's message was to the Gentiles , even though he preferred the Jews. But James and Peter were sent to the Jews
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tonye-t:

He believes Chris' church creaves for massive business membership and thus wouldnt jeopardize its business center quest. And so came here to ask what we feel about his vain question. . . dont you think so? undecided undecided undecided
  Your estimation of the poster's motives are probably right.

However that does not detract for a second from the ludicrousness of this:
Joagbaje:

Why didn't apostle James preach in apostle paul's churches?
which I daresay in what provoked the most respondents (including myself) to comment.

And you only stoked the schtick even more by posting this:
Tonye-t:

John the baptist's ministry was a VOICE
Jesus' ministry was the RECONCILIATION

Paul's ministry was the GOSPEL TO THE GENTILES
Peter's ministry was A WITNESS TO THE JEWS

David's ministry was to PROVIDE THE MATERIALS FOR GOD'S BUILDING
Solomon's ministry was to BUILD THE TEMPLE

so what concerns Oyedepo's with Oyakhilome's?
I mean, what does this even mean? Did Jesus ever restrict His "ministry" to just "reconciliation"? or didn't He infact speak on a diverse array of subjects? and to a diverse group of people? public and private? Did David ever say "my only job is to gather acacia wood and granite for my son to build and nothing else"? was that his only "calling"? Did Paul limit his itinerary to only "churches" outside of Jerusalem? Yes their backgrounds/skills made it easier preaching to one particular group over another. But this cannot by a longstretch be stretched to mean "what concerns Paul's ministry with Peter's". I thought Jesus said "go out into all the world and preach the good news to ALL"?
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
Edited for maximum effect:

1 Cor 3: "For when one says, “I follow Paul Oyakhilome's ministry ,” and another, “I follow Apollos Oyedepo ministry,” are you not mere men? What, after all, is Apollos Oyedepo? And what is Paul Oyakhilome?
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tonye-t:

J-babe when a poster creates a thread its always good we understand his intent for creating one lest we could end up confused and disarrayed. Dont you think it aint good we reply comments out-of-poster's-context. Pls lets kindly go back and see the poster's comment and his biases

[color=#000099]The poster feels because Oyedepo hasnt gone to christ embassy therefore insinuates that they WORSHIP DIFFERENT GOD. Why did he feel this way? because he presumes their churches to be BUSINESS CENTRES.  undecided undecided

He believes Chris' church creaves for massive business membership and thus wouldnt jeopardize its business center quest. And so came here to ask what we feel about his vain question. . . dont you think so?  undecided undecided undecided

My first comment i wanted to give was this: If Pastor Oyedepo hasnt preached in chris Embassy, at least Pastor Adefarasin has. (but then i noticed his baises and it is very different from what ya'll think. . .read it again and lets hear yours!

Thank you my brother. Some are so hasty to comment. I'm disappointed at the one that calls himself a moderator . He should be sacked?
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

Edited for maximum effect:

1 Cor 3: "For when one says, “I follow Paul Oyakhilome's ministry ,” and another, “I follow Apollos Oyedepo ministry,” are you not mere men? What, after all, is Apollos Oyedepo? And what is Paul Oyakhilome?

Paul was rebuking the church under his care. He started those churches. He was their father spiritually . He was only dealing with unrully members who looked down on his apostleship.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
You should remember Pauls report of the Jerusalem council

Galatians 2:7-9
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as[ the gospel] of the circumcision[ was] unto Peter; 8( For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentilessmiley 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we[ should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
Hey common Jbabe,

I cant seem to understand where you are coming from sef? didnt you read up the OP's intro post? He feels they would not invite each other because they prolly worship different Gods . . . cant you read it up there?

Poster is mistaken their individual calls for their worship. . .therefore i came up to explain that the UNINVITATION could result from the DIFFERENCE IN THEIR MINISTRIES.

For instance, Peter was still busy preaching the circumcision after the flesh, while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word. And yet their both conceptions will pass for salvation.

John the Baptist came with the message of repentance and even his disciples fasted so much, while for Jesus, his disciples were almost overfeeding everywhere yet their individual conceptions will pass for salvation.

Check this out : Oyedepo believes in the use of Handkerchiefs and anointing oil and it works for his ministry with scriptural backgrounds, lives are changed and transformed. But Chris believes miracles and healing could come thru' the impartation of the Holy spirit in your faith-man and it works for him. Now dont you think bringing Oyedepo to Christ Emb. will only introduce the use of handks and olive oil which the other's ministry was not founded on. - Paraphrased from Joagbaje's brilliant discourse.

Hellloooooooooo!
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2010
Tonye-t:

Hey common Jbabe,

I cant seem to understand where you are coming from sef? didnt you read up the OP's intro post? He feels they would not invite each other because they prolly worship different Gods . . . cant you read it up there?

Poster is mistaken their individual calls for their worship. . .therefore i came up to explain that the UNINVITATION could result from the DIFFERENCE IN THEIR MINISTRIES.

For instance, Peter was still busy preaching the circumcision after the flesh, while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word. And yet their both conceptions will pass for salvation.

John the Baptist came with the message of repentance and even his disciples fasted so much, while for Jesus, his disciples were almost overfeeding everywhere yet their individual conceptions will pass for salvation.

Check this out : Oyedepo believes in the use of Handkerchiefs and anointing oil and it works for his ministry with scriptural backgrounds, lives are changed and transformed. But Chris believes miracles and healing could come thru' the impartation of the Holy spirit in your faith-man and it works for him. Now dont you think bringing Oyedepo to Christ Emb. will only introduce the use of handks and olive oil which the other's ministry was not founded on. - Paraphrased from Joagbaje's brilliant discourse.

Hellloooooooooo!

We need to add more calcium for their milk teeth
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

Thank you my brother. Some are so hasty to comment. I'm disappointed at the one that calls himself a moderator . He should be sacked?
You know I really thank God for your presence here. And I mean that honestly. You're such an invaluable asset to NL. We get to see how the mind of a modern-day 'pastor' works. It is laid bare for those of us that might not otherwise get a chance to see, so we can get some understanding of how this crafty empire operates, an empire that was long prophesied and is built on the calcified bones of the departed gullible, and nourished on the souls of the living zombies to whom false hopes are sold to in exchange for a piece of their pocket.

But yet, it is well. Pastor Joe, it is well.

Tonye, I have said what I will say and I'm satisfied to leave it at that.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by omofat: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

You know I really thank God for your presence here. And I mean that honestly. You're such an invaluable asset to NL. We get to see how the mind of a modern-day 'pastor' works. It is laid bare for those of us that might not otherwise get a chance to see, so we can get some understanding of how this crafty empire operates, an empire that was long prophesied and is built on the bones of the departed gullible, and nourished on the souls of the living zombies to whom false hopes are sold to in exchange for a piece of their pocket.

Ouch. Soaring oratory. Very MLKish grin
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

Oh this is what has always made me fall in love for this chick! comon i thought you've outgrown this. . . wink wink wink

And while you are still on the leave-it-at-that state, let me complete that passage you did not end

1 Cor 3:4-9

4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe — as the Lord has assigned to each his task.

6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.

7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

8 The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.

9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. NIV

Now dont you think he who plants has virtually no business with the one who waters. ITS CALLED MINISTRIES my sister  wink wink
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2010
This post suffers one ailment - myopia. Thankfully, it can be easily corrected with converging lens to put things in proper perspective and context.
Tonye-t:

Oh this is what has always made me fall in love for this chick! comon i thought you've outgrown this. . . wink wink wink

And while you are still on the leave-it-at-that state, let me complete that passage you did not end

1 Cor 3:4-9

4 For when one says, "I follow Paul," and another, "I follow Apollos," are you not mere men?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe — as the Lord has assigned to each his task.

6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow.

7 So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

8 The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor.

9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building. NIV

Now dont you think he who plants has virtually no business with the one who waters. ITS CALLED MINISTRIES my sister  wink wink

My dear Tonye (I still like this guy in spite of his stubborness),
-it is one thing to have 2 people working within the same vineyard - one plants and one waters - this is what Paul is describing.

-And it is quite another to have 2 men operating 2 different & seperate vineyards - this is the case with Oyedepo and Oyak.

To prove this is infact the case, answer one simple question - does Oyakhilome send 'converts' from his church to Oyedepo for 'watering'? or vice versa? since they have specific "ministries"? or are they both do-it-all pastors that can sow, gather, plant, water, reap, harvest?

omo~fat:

Ouch. Soaring oratory. Very MLKish grin
lol kiss. Omo-fat, be like say na you get the real fat, perhaps you can help with those of us will milk teeth.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

You know I really thank God for your presence here. And I mean that honestly. You're such an invaluable asset to NL.

I was enjoying your compliment until the second part.

, so we can get some understanding of how this crafty empire operates, an empire that was long prophesied and is built on the calcified bones of the departed gullible, and nourished on the souls of the living zombies to whom false hopes are sold to in exchange for a piece of their pocket.

What has this got to do with the thread? Moderator.

[quote][/quote]
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 7:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
PastorJoe, it has nothing per say to do with the thread. It has everything to do with my last conversation with you. I figured since you didn't get the chance to return there, I'd get that off my chest here.

As for my compliment, I meant every single word of it.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by nuclearboy(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

I was enjoying your compliment until the second part.

What has this got to do with the thread? Moderator

Matt 23: 2 - 7 perfectly summed up. And yes, nuclearboy knows, Jesoul, that you totally meant it! wink
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by omofat: 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

lol  kiss. Omo-fat, be like say na you get the real fat, perhaps you can help with those of us will milk teeth.

My teeth sef na milk ones  wink - I just dey gbadun your prose ni. Could just picture MLK waxing lyrical with those lines  kiss
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2010
LET ME BE CLEAR

Based on the thread , there is nothing wrong in pastors not exchanging pulpit. It is not a law , it is not compulsory. It is rather called " focus". . A minister should focus on his assignment. It is only if a minister feels that the grace upon another man is required in his own ministry that there would be need for such invitation. If a man is a teacher, and he doesn't have gift of miracle, if he perceives as a pastor that there is a need for such, he goes ahead and invites a healing minister. You don't just invite without a purpose. But the person you'll be inviting over will not be teaching contrary to what you teach.

Deeper life will not invite pastor Adefarasin they will have issues with skirts and trousers. That's the issue with Paul and James. Paul and Barnabas are not good enough as example. All the ministers work together as builders of Gods kingdom. But they have different callings and assignment . They also don't function at same level of revelation or knowledge.  

James was still mixing Jewish custom with the gospel , a teaching Paul frowned at. He taught that the gentile Christians have to be circumcised after the law to be saved among other things he taught based on his level of understanding. Paul even had to call some of James brethren false ,because they were trying to pollute the Gentiles with the law
Galatians 2:3-5
3 But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled to be circumcised: 4 And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: 5 To whom we gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

[/color]
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

PastorJoe, it has nothing per say to do with the thread. It has everything to do with my last conversation with you. I figured since you didn't get the chance to return there, I'd get that off my chest here.
As for my compliment, I meant every single word of it.

The name is joagbaje, I don't know the issue you had with me. Maybe you should explain it.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2010
JeSoul:

Lol. How much you got?

Its a multi-syllable crossword - initiating with the agnomen for the non-domesticated species of the genus Equus, interrupted by the 3rd vowel based on the latin alphabet, and finally punctuated by the cubic root of the number DCCXXVIIII.
^ grin:
Agnomen for the non-domesticated species of the genus Equus =>Zebra: I think you meant domesticated species of the genus Equus rather=>A*SS(Spambot was rendering it Backside or Behind. See how profanity is robbing us of perfectly good words  grin)
3rd vowel based on the latin alphabet=>I
DCCXXVIIII(You used the older Latin form since 729 would now be written as DCCXXIX); so 729^1/3=>9 (NINE)

So A*SS+I+NINE yields Asinine.

Couldn't resist that. wink

Edit: Thought about it some more and realize you are right. Got fixated on Zebras ("Madagascar" running thru my mind). This particular species of the genus Equus does run wild too! And one of them rebuked Balaam.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 11:49pm On Aug 23, 2010
Joagbaje:

You should remember Pauls report of the Jerusalem council
Galatians 2:7-9
7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as[ the gospel] of the circumcision[ was] unto Peter; 8( For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentilessmiley 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we[ should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

I have told you before that poor English comprehension is probably the basis for your heresies. Please look up the meaning of this word "Synecdoche". I remember we were taught in secondary school. Gospel of the uncircumcision simply means then Gospel to the gentiles, while gospel of the circumcision is Gospel to the Jews. Prithee, sir: tell us what difference there was since you seem to suggest so, and no doubt this misapprehension and confusion of terms is responsible for this rubbish you wrote below:

Joagbaje:

I'm sure we've discussed this before in other threads. James had his doctrines that Paul didn't approve of. But that didn't make them insult each other. Every pastor has his assignment and revelation. Pastor oyedepo use medium such as handkerchief ,oil etc. Washing of feet. But pastor chris doesn't use such . So why will they invite each other. But they still believe in each other's ministry.
^Thank God for the Bible because today on this thread, it will be established that both Joagbaje and Tonye-t are wolves masquerading as sheep and lying through their teeth against the Bible.
#1. What doctrines of James that Paul didn't approve of? List them here for us now
#2. What revelation or assignment from Jesus is different from Matthew 28:18-20; unless it is the revelation and assignment you dreamt up for yourself, which is why it will differ between joagbaje and tonye-t.

In fact what comes out clearly in both of you people's response is the shoddy and relativistic way that you handle truth.

Specific lies uttered on this thread
Joagbaje's
Lie #1.
Joagbaje:

James was still mixing Jewish custom with the gospel [. . .] He taught that the gentile Christians have to be circumcised after the law to be saved among other things he taught based on his level of understanding.
Bible evidence against Joagbaje:
KJV: Acts 15:1. And certain men which came down from Judæa taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
^Does it say James? Answer: No

KJV: Acts Chapter 15:13-22.
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Verdict: Joagbaje lied.

Lie #2:
Joagbaje:

He was their father spiritually
Bible evidence against Joagbaje:

KJV: Matthew Chapter 23:8-10.
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.

Joagbaje:

[. . .]I'm disappointed at the one that calls himself a moderator . He should be sacked?
^Dictatorial tendencies emerge. Sack the moderator? Why? For disagreeing with you? Anyhow; the moderator has the right to express her views. You are beginning to sound like nopuqeater's brethren.

[b]Tonye-t's lies[/b]
Tonye-t:

^While Joagbaje drips his own in little by little. Your's is concentrated poison for the Biblically undiscerning. Two sentences=3 lies. You are a master.

Lie #1.
Peter was still busy preaching the circumcision after the flesh, while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word.
^Herein is revealed that you have no understanding the gospel that you claim to profess. What was the difference between the gospel preached by Peter and Paul or any other Apostle? Who first preached to Gentiles: Peter, some other disciples, Barnabas or Paul?
Here is the Bible evidence against your lies:

KJV: Acts Chapter 11:1-4.
And the apostles and brethren that were in Judæa heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them,[. . .]
As Acts Chapter 10 & 11 show (as anyone interested in the truth will see); Peter was God's instrument for opening the gates of the Kingdom to Gentiles. Paul's missions did not start till Chapter 13!
Moreover verses 20 & 21 of Acts 11 reveal:
And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Verdict: Tonye-t lied

Lie #2.
. . .while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word.
^So in your words Paul invented the gospel he preached. He "came up with. . ." Ok.

Paul denies you:[/b]KJV: I Corinthians Chapter 15:1-9.
[b]Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Lie #3
And yet their both conceptions will pass for salvation.
^Good grief. There are now two (according to Tonye-t) Ways to salvation
But unfortunately for you: There is Only One Lord Jesus. You are comfortable saying that there are two "conceptions" (the gospel has now become a concept abi?) because you have crafted for yourself a man-centered gospel of works and tried to merchandise the free grace of our Lord.

Your lies are exposed today; both of you. No matter how you twisted scriptures in the past, today, the Bible testifies against you that you have both lied. If you like call it "hard meat." Anything contrary to the Word of God is a lie!

It is because of people like you that nopuqeater, vedaxcool and malign and revile our Lord. May the Lord have mercy on you both and bring you to repentance.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 6:23am On Aug 24, 2010
aletheia:

I have told you before that poor English comprehension is probably the basis for your heresies. Please look up the meaning of this word "Synecdoche". I remember we were taught in secondary school. Gospel of the uncircumcision simply means then Gospel to the gentiles, while gospel of the circumcision is Gospel to the Jews. Prithee, sir: tell us what difference there was since you seem to suggest so, and no doubt this misapprehension and confusion of terms is responsible for this rubbish you wrote below:

I may not be 100% excellent grammatically, but I know truth and I'm happy for that, You are the one who is 1000% lettered and your spiritual understanding is 0. You are blind to truth and too hasty to jump into erroneous conclusion.

^Thank God for the Bible because today on this thread, it will be established that both Joagbaje and Tonye-t are wolves masquerading as sheep and lying through their teeth against the Bible.

It's a long time we heard that from you wolf , wof, You are not man enough to admit it when you are wrong so you turn to street fight. Let's daaru. But you are the real wolf. Pretending to know Jesus but deny the power.

#1. What doctrines of James that Paul didn't approve of? List them here for us now.

James taught that the gentiles must be circumcised according to the law of moses to be saved.
Go through my old posts for the rest. An insincere person like you should not give me work.

#2. What revelation or assignment from Jesus is different from Matthew 28:18-20; unless it is the revelation and assignment you dreamt up for yourself, which is why it will differ between joagbaje and tonye-t.

you have bad comprehension of scriptures. I know it's because you are not a spirit filled Christian .all you see is letter. "the letter killeth"

The church is called to go into all the world. But each christian cannot go into all the world. You reach your world ( your sphere of contact) This is both geographically and vocationally. According to the grace upon each person.Today Some people are reaching out to children world, some reaching the gangsters, some reaching business men. You find your place.

In fact what comes out clearly in both of you people's response is the shoddy and relativistic way that you handle truth.
Specific lies uttered on this thread
Joagbaje's
Lie #1. Bible evidence against Joagbaje:
KJV: Acts 15:1. And certain men which came down from Judæa taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved.
^Does it say James? Answer: No

KJV: Acts Chapter 15:13-22.
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written, After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up: That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things. Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world. Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day. Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

One of my major problem with your post is , you bring up unnecessarily long write ups that wears one out. Instead of going straight to your point. You want to feel scholastic! Did they ever teach you time management?

Now let me respond to your long empty letter. Those guys Paul talked about were from James. James was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem, he took over leadership from Peter. Probably because he was a blood brother to Jesus christ. So people feared him even Peter feared him. Look at the authority with which he spoke at the conference in Jerusalem after the uproar. Paul that was more anointed would not even talk to his elders like that.

Acts 15:13-22.
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:.
[/quote]

Then he went bla bla bla like altheia the time waster. And ended up in the law of Moses as usual.

[quote]Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.

The bible records that those who troubled paul's ministry in galati a were from James. He was their pastor , the scripture above is enough evidence of his doctrine. Who will dare challenge James the mighty, THE LOOOORDS BROTHER? Even "Pope" Peter feared James.

We can forget paul's account how Peter came to visit Paul and ate with the gentiles which was against James teachings, but some of James disciples came , Peter ran!

Galatians 2:12-15
12 Here's the situation. Earlier, before certain persons had come from James, Peter regularly ate with the non- Jews. But when that conservative group came from Jerusalem, he cautiously pulled back and put as much distance as he could manage between himself and his non- Jewish friends. That's how fearful he was of the conservative Jewish clique that's been pushing the old system of circumcision. 13 Unfortunately, the rest of the Jews in the Antioch church joined in that hypocrisy so that even Barnabas was swept along in the charade.
14 But when I saw that they were not maintaining a steady, straight course according to the Message, I spoke up to Peter in front of them all:"If you, a Jew, live like a non- Jew when you're not being observed by the watchdogs from Jerusalem, what right do you have to require non- Jews to conform to Jewish customs just to make a favorable impression on your old Jerusalem cronies?"
15 We Jews know that we have no advantage of birth over"non- Jewish sinners."

Did they come from James ? Yes. Altheia was lying in his or her teeth.

Lie #2:[/b]Bible evidence against Joagbaje:
[b] He was their father spiritually

KJV: Matthew Chapter 23:8-10.
But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ.Verdict: Joagbaje lied

You implied here two things

1. It is wrong to call someone a father spiritually.

1 Corinthians 4:15-16
15 For although you may have ten thousand others to teach you about Christ, remember that you have only me as your father. For I was the one who brought you to Christ when I preached the Gospel to you. 16 So I beg you to follow my example and do as I do.

Paul also have several people he called sons, which indicates he assume the position of "father" over them. Jesus wasn't writing to the church baby.

2.It is wrong to call someone a teacher.

1 Corinthians 12:28
28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

Jesus was not writing to the church, he was dealing with a Jewish system that has ended. You are hypocritical to say such things because you yourself has answered to be a teacher in some thread, (teacher my foot) baby food teaching.

QUESTION : was joagbaje wrong?
Answer : No
Was altheia right? Noooo

Verdict: guilty
Sentence: he or she should be shot!

GBOA! GBOAA!! GBOA!!
Sorry. I meant BANG! BANG!!
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by nuclearboy(m): 10:32am On Aug 24, 2010
There's hope for Tonye-T - all he needs to do is slow down and listen to other people before replying.

But Jo? How's this for time management

[1] God approved all those words from James to be inside His Word. So it is God's Word you're calling "bla bla bla"!
[2] They came from James! So you blame James! See why we blame chris when we read you?
[3] But James taught contrary to what they do whist chris teaches what you say
[4] Gboa Gboa Gboa then bang Bang - Son of a murderer (the murderer of ages)
[5] True, some reach "gangsters" but YOU are Gangsters reaching men
[6] See a "pastor" calling Peter "Pope"? So Peter was the pope ehn? Shows what your guiding spirit is!

A prophet is one who testifies of Jesus! A teacher is everyone who has been on this thread especially Jesoul who made us understand what you are and stand for! And I will prove it simply - why don't you call anyone who God performs a miracle through either a "miracler" ( cheesy) or "the miracle-worker"? Why is it God that is "THE miracle worker"? So why don't you call God the "Teacher" if not because you enjoy big titles and being praised of men?

Truth is totally missing from you, dude and all those tithes cannot give you either that truth, peace, joy, wisdom or knowledge. Which is why everyone calls you out repeatedly and always chase you off to return after a season (like your dad).
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by ttalks(m): 2:58pm On Aug 24, 2010
cry cry cry

It is so, so, so, . . . . sad.
joagbaje is gone, gone, gone, . . . . . gone forever . . .
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
There is something called "ego syndrome" in psychology, its a notion and sometimes its expressed when a part of the human mind feels extolled that others can never say something good or correct especially when you have built some form of mockery and hatred for them. undecided undecided

Its very prevalent amongst teenagers and some adolescence' and folks like nuclearboy and his likes pass for this syndrome. kiss kiss They feel so biase and puffed against a simple guy doing his own thing and making a sincere contributions.

what makes you guys think you know it more than him. Ohhh sorry i forgot your ages could be a reason. not the age in numbers but in the true-mind. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2010
JeSoul:

This post suffers one ailment - myopia. Thankfully, it can be easily corrected with converging lens to put things in proper perspective and context.

Ok lets both see the spectrums from your converging con[b]fusing[/b] lens while you try to put things in proper perspective and context.  wink wink

JeSoul:

-it is one thing to have 2 people working within the same vineyard - one plants and one waters - this is what Paul is describing.

-And it is quite another to have 2 men operating 2 different & seperate vineyards - this is the case with Oyedepo and Oyak.

To prove this is infact the case, answer one simple question - does Oyakhilome send 'converts' from his church to Oyedepo for 'watering'? or vice versa? since they have specific "ministries"? or are they both do-it-all pastors that can sow, gather, plant, water, reap, harvest?

For Christ sake i have been expecting you to make this comment all the while. Sister how on planet earth have you known such as to conclude unfairly that these 2 men are operating 2 different & seperate vineyards (it goes to tell me you subtle sentiment). And my assertions are these

- If they are truly operating this parallel vineyards (as you see it), is it then still wrong in scriptural context?

- 1 corinthians.12:5 said " And there are differences of ADMINISTRATIONS but the same Lord."

What then is Adminstration? In simple term is the processing of the set of activities aimed at achieving a desirable outcome.

Every Christian steward has their different callings, though their seperate missions are all aimed at one vision( GOD). Chris has his own administrative call while Oyedepo has his own administrative call. Its just like inviting a DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR to work as a FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATOR, how on earth do you think such a folk will perform.

In simple summary i'll put it this way, Chris is an administrator because he has an administration(divine mandate), Oyedepo is another adminstrator because he has his own administration(divine mandate) and most times they are always different in mandates when you see it from the angle of 1corinthians 12 - it said there are DIFFERENCES IN ADMINISTRATION yet unto the same LORD.

Its not compulsory they go to each other's churches to preach, John the baptist did not send his disciples to Jesus, likewise Jesus did not his

JeSoul:

Why should Oyakhilome send converts to Oyedepo's church when they both have different administrations. Like why would Zenith bank send its recruits(converts) to Oceanic bank when the both have different strategies even though one mission.

Comooooonn!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by seyenko(m): 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2010
will the MD of Zenith Bank open an account in GTBank?
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
Praise be to God that today on this thread, he has exposed your lies for all to see
Joagbaje:

I may not be 100%  excellent grammatically, but I know truth and I'm happy for that, You are the one who is 1000% lettered and your spiritual understanding is 0. You are blind to truth and too hasty to jump into erroneous conclusion.
^If you knew the Truth than you would have been set free. But the truth dwells not in you, otherwise you would not be here lying brazenly and trying to pass it off as truth. Our Master said it best:

KJV: John Chapter 8:44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joagbaje:

It's a long time we heard that from you wolf , wof, You are not man enough to admit it when you are wrong so you turn to street fight. Let's daaru. But you are the real wolf. Pretending to know Jesus but deny the power.
You can term it street fight or whatever but the time for dialogueing with wolves who ravage the flock of Jesus is over! No negotiation with the devil! God's command is clear: Resist the devil. . .
Unlike you who is steeped in spiritual pride, I can admit when wrong and accept correction but the question is can you dare do such?
What do you understand by the phrase: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."? You lot bandy that whenever your lies are challenged. It is the fig leaf you try to use to cover your abject unclothedness like the Laodicean church! To you Jesus says:

KJV: Revelation 3:18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

Joagbaje:

James taught that the gentiles must be circumcised according to the law of moses to be saved.
Go through my old posts for the rest. An insincere person like you should not give me work.
^Again you repeat the lie. Thank God for the witness of Acts 15 which clearly establishes that you are a liar.

Joagbaje:

you have bad comprehension of scriptures. I know it's because you are not a spirit filled Christian .all you see is letter. "the letter killeth"
[. . .]
One of my major problem with your post is , you bring up unnecessarily long write ups that wears one out. Instead of going straight to your point. You want to feel scholastic! Did they ever teach you time management?
^Hypocrite! When the post indicts you; it becomes unnecessarily long as if you yourself don't have long posts. A large part of the post is Acts from the Bible. Maybe "time management" is what makes you read the bible upside down.
"The letter killeth": Another scripture wrenched out of context, twisted and panel-beated to say what you want it to say. Silly man, have you looked up the meaning of the word synecdoche yet? In the context of scripture doesn't that phrase "The letter killeth" refer to the Law and how no-one is justified by keeping the Law? If James had said anything favorable about tithes: then he would have been your darling, you greedy follower of Balaam.

Joagbaje:

Now let me respond to your long empty letter. Those guys Paul talked about were from James. James was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem, he took over leadership from Peter. Probably because he was a blood brother to Jesus christ. So people feared him even Peter feared him. Look at the authority with which he spoke at the conference in Jerusalem after the uproar. Paul that was more anointed would not even talk to his elders like that.
^Keep lying that the world will see the truth about you false pastor.
Firstly, the events of which Paul wrote in Galatians are clear for anyone with even a modicum of understanding. Summarized as follows:
#1. Peter, Paul and Barnabas were in Antioch.
#2. They were certain Jews who were preaching that Gentiles had to be circumcised (Peter was not one of them).
#3. Some people sent by James arrived
#4. Peter, Barnabas  and some others bowed to "public opinion" and separated themselves from the Gentiles (contrary to the gospel that they had hitherto preached)
#5. Peter was to be blamed because he knew better. Galatians 2:11, 14; Acts 10 [God had already shown him that the Gentiles had a share in the gospel]
No where in this account does it say that the men James sent came and preached that Gentiles had to be circumcised. It is astounding that you are brazen enough to lie like this when Acts 15 is there for you to read and see what James himself said on this matter.

Secondly, you wrote this nonsense above: "James was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem, he took over leadership from Peter. Probably because he was a blood brother to Jesus christ. So people feared him even Peter feared him. Look at the authority with which he spoke at the conference in Jerusalem after the uproar. Paul that was more anointed would not even talk to his elders like that."

Again you betray your lack of understanding compounded by willful error. Did you suppose that the True Church of God is structured like the false churches that you are so proud of? God arranged that leadership of his Church be provided by a plurality of elders, each holding each other accountable before God as Paul did for Peter. And as Paul himself also subjected himself to accountability before Peter, James and John in the same Galatians that you are trying to twist.

KJV: Galatians 2:2. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
And:
KJV: Acts 21:18. And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.

As you can see from Acts 15 and 21 and referenced by Paul in 1 Cor 15:1-4: it is a plurality of elders. James was preeminent no doubt but where do you find it written "that people feared him" or "Paul more anointed". Stop this nonsense now! Every true Christian has the same anointing [the Holy Spirit] but different gifts.

Joagbaje:

Jesus was not writing to the church, he was dealing with a Jewish system that has ended. You are hypocritical  to say such things because you yourself has answered to be a teacher in some thread, (teacher my foot)  baby food teaching.
^Proof needed. Show me the thread where I acknowledged myself as a teacher. Apparently the baby food is giving you logorrhea.

Joagbaje:

QUESTION : was joagbaje wrong?
Answer : No
Was altheia right?    Noooo

Verdict: guilty
Sentence: he or she should be shot!

GBOA!      GBOAA!!  GBOA!!
  Sorry. I meant   BANG!  BANG!!
^Childish tantrums? Now you want me shot (presumably dead). And why such a response from one who claims to be a follower of Christ. Did I not say thank God, that on this thread it will be fully revealed that you are a wolf, a false teacher, for it is wolves who desire the death of those who tell them the truth. Your response is in keeping with your father, the devil: He was a murderer from the beginning and abode not in the truth.

KJV: John 3:19-21.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Moslems Know That Islam Was Created By The Roman Catholic Church / Truthman2012 - Quran: Surah 8:12 Is A Verse Of Terrorism / Apostle Suleman Was Benson Idahosa "House-boy" The Great History Of Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 192
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.