Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? (4328 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 24, 2010
The fact that James and Paul or Peter might have disagreed on some issues does not man they attended differant churches.The early church was certainly non-denominational .There was never anything thing like Paul's churches or James's churches that is only a figment of the joagbaje's imagination.

James the just was the bishop of Jerusalem,that does not make the church of Jerusalem James's church. Peter and Paul preached to both jews and gentiles alike,none was restricted to either races.

James taught that the gentiles must be circumcised according to the law of moses to be saved.

That was before the council of Jerusalem in 54CE,the problem is that most of you penterascals lack basic theological training.You don't even know when most of those books were written or under what context they were written.

Now let me respond to your long empty letter. Those guys Paul talked about were from James. James was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem, he took over leadership from Peter. Probably because he was a blood brother to Jesus christ. So people feared him even Peter feared him. Look at the authority with which he spoke at the conference in Jerusalem after the uproar. Paul that was more anointed would not even talk to his elders like that.

you just post without making use of your brains,where did you get the idea that other apostles feared James or that Paul was more anointed than him.
James the just alongside Peter,and Paul were certainly the most influential christian leaders of the first century.That does not mean that other apostles feared them or that anyone was more anointed than the other.

Deeper life will not invite pastor Adefarasin they will have issues with skirts and trousers. That's the issue with Paul and James.

Did James and Paul not preach together at the council of Jerusalem .

Paul was rebuking the church under his care. He started those churches. He was their father spiritually . He was only dealing with unrully members who looked down on his apostleship.

You are a very fat liar,Paul wrote to everybody including the churches he had not even visited .Like the leter to the Romans that was written before he even went to Rome to preach.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2010
Post script: I missed addressing this part of your post. More insidious lies to lead the sheep of Jesus astray.
Joagbaje:

Acts 15:13-22.
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:.
Then he went bla bla bla like altheia the time waster. And ended up in the  law of Moses as usual.

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood. For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
And thus you dismiss the following as the Law of Moses:
#1. Abstaining from pollutions of idols.
#2. Abstaining from fornication.
#3. Abstaining from blood and things strangled.

Anyone reading this will know that these are the things that occult practitioners, and followers of the enemy delight in, (they have serious spiritual implications as seen in the history of the Israel) yet Joagbaje dismisses the command that Christians abstain from these things as "Law of Moses" forgetting that these commands of God predate Moses (Genesis 9). To him it would be justified to partake of them since they fall under the rubric of the Law of Moses (How convenient for him that tithes don't fall under the Law of Moses).

Joagbaje is no Christian but a false teacher, a wolf ravening the flock of Jesus.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 5:01pm On Aug 24, 2010
Tonye-t:

Why should Oyakhilome send converts to Oyedepo's church when they both have different administrations. Like why would Zenith bank send its recruits(converts) to Oceanic bank when the both have different strategies even though one mission.

Comooooonn!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

^And thereby proves the point he's arguing against. Two different "banks", two different "administrations" that is to say two different spirits but one "mission" to take your money-read to lead men astray. But I wonder why his example is coached in terms of Mammon? Doesn' t that tell us something?

The True Church has Only One Head-Christ Himself and only One Administrator-the Holy Spirit.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:24pm On Aug 24, 2010
aletheia:

^Thank God for the Bible because today on this thread, it will be established that both Joagbaje and Tonye-t are wolves masquerading as sheep and lying through their teeth against the Bible.
#1. What doctrines of James that Paul didn't approve of? List them here for us now
#2. What revelation or assignment from Jesus is different from Matthew 28:18-20; unless it is the revelation and assignment you dreamt up for yourself, which is why it will differ between joagbaje and tonye-t.

In fact what comes out clearly in both of you people's response is the shoddy and relativistic way that you handle truth.

Aletheia, from inception i could easily deduce you have an issue with 'Trepidation' and it shows again and again. you always jump from no where and end up asserting your usual gibberish. like seriously dont you think and reason wide before talking? if u no know wetin to talk cant u just remain silent behind your LCD,? na wa oh!  grin grin

For you to come here and make folks believe the only revelation or assignment Jesus gave was matt. 28:18-20 goes to tell us the term "napkin" is still useful in the dictionary at least for yoursake. Was Matt.28:18 the only assignment Jesus gave to his disciples?

While you still hallucinate and prolly think of what to insult an elder brother  wink, let me make clear to you the varying forms of assignments.

Doctrines are set of guildlines made by leaders that are laid down for followers. In scriptures paul talked of various forms of clergies, like bishops, Apostles, Teachers etc. Now these clergies could be masters yet have different believe-system (i'll quote scriptures) its called the spheres of faith (also scriptural) and when they teach God's word they also influence their followers to these dogmas. For instance, John the baptist believed so much in fasting, while Jesus' disciples were almost opposite.

Having several belief-system is not wrong so long as it has and maintains its validity within the context of the HOLY SCRIPTURES. For instance, a leader who still believe in the LAW of Moses could raise his own followers and make them believe in his believe-system.

. . . Another could come and do the other way and his followers are also influenced likewise too. Now what matters to God is the DESTINATION of these souls under their believe system.

Here is how bible puts it:

Romans. 14:

1. Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters.

2. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

3. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

4. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5. One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind

6. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

One man's ministry could accept certain modes, while the other does the different, but good a thing is it if they both do it unto the Lord. Now dont you think the meat-eater may never invite the non-meat-eater on the grounds on the varying believe system, but yet they both still have validity under scriptural context, they both can make heaven as well as their followers. this could be the scenario btw chris and Oyedepo. (only a baby will still argue over this).

I rest my case while the bullies come with their bullions of pride and ego to condemn other folks contributions.!  grin grin grin grin

Now Mr. Aletheia pls tell us what you understand about Doctrines.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2010
aletheia:

^And thereby proves the point he's arguing against. Two different "banks", two different "administrations" that is to say two different spirits but one "mission" to take your money-read to lead men astray. But I wonder why his example is coached in terms of Mammon? Doesn' t that tell us something?

The True Church has Only One Head-Christ Himself and only One Administrator-the Holy Spirit.

Aletheia,

Dont you have guts like a man, why are you always fond of ending up to say rubbishes when someone confronts your errs. Example:
So are you trying to tell us here that different Administrations means different spirits?gooosshhh this is the dumbest assertions of the day coming from the self-acclaimed elite wink wink. grin grin grin grin grin

pls tell me where in this thread i argued against different adminstrations, maybe i cant remember. undecided

must your post be always childish and dumb? cant you cool down b4 replying post? i understand your adrenaline rush, but atleast if you cant exhibit patience fake it.  grin grin grin grin it will make some sense.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:42pm On Aug 24, 2010
aletheia:

Aletheia! Aletheia!! Aletheia!!! how many times i call ya name, be careful with you heresies angry grin grin grin. sometimes i really wish i could see the faces of these dudes on Facebooks. grin grin

1 corinthians.12:

4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same spirits

5 And there are differences of ADMINISTRATIONS but the same Lord.

7 And this are manifestations of the spirit GIVEN TO EVERY MAN
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by dejiariyo1: 7:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
Poster, its just very simple, its called Ego, bussiness men always believe they are the best cos they know there is no foreign God anywhere so they just using church as a bussiness avenue.

The reason why Mike Adenuga wont work with Dangote plc, is the same reason Adeboye wont preach in christ embassy, its about bussiness Ego.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 8:32pm On Aug 24, 2010
Aletheia, you try self.

It would appear our brother Tonye thinks:  different administrations = different "ministries" . . . and by administration, he equates that to something along the lines of each one running their own seperate "organization".

When in the biblical reality, administration simply refers to different gifts - not each one given their own organization to run. It is: different gifts, working together towards the same ministry, the ministry we've all be been charged with of making disciples. And if we are one body working towards building Christ's church, will the hand ever say to the leg "wetin concern me with your ministry?" or will the eye say to the hand "you no fit come preach for my church since we get different 'ministry'"? will the mouth reject the foot and say "my own no concern you oh!" . . . but yet, T-boy is insisting they have "different administrations" and "one no concern the other".

This Tonye likes to chase his tails. I will not encourage him anymore in such exercises in futility cool.

Omo~fat, na you jare smiley. Thanks for the kind words.

aletheia:

^ grin:
Agnomen for the non-domesticated species of the genus Equus =>Zebra: I think you meant domesticated species of the genus Equus rather=>A*SS(Spambot was rendering it Backside or Behind. See how profanity is robbing us of perfectly good words  grin)
3rd vowel based on the latin alphabet=>I
DCCXXVIIII(You used the older Latin form since 729 would now be written as DCCXXIX); so 729^1/3=>9 (NINE)

So A*SS+I+NINE yields Asinine.

Couldn't resist that. wink

Edit: Thought about it some more and realize you are right. Got fixated on Zebras ("Madagascar" running thru my mind). This particular species of the genus Equus does run wild too! And one of them rebuked Balaam.
  grin  grin nice work Dr.!
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Enigma(m): 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2010
JeSoul:

grin  grin nice work Dr.!

Very cool indeed; I thought the same when I saw his "QED"! grin
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
aletheia:

Praise be to God that today on this thread, he has exposed your lies for all to see^If you knew the Truth than you would have been set free. But the truth dwells not in you, otherwise you would not be here lying brazenly and trying to pass it off as truth. Our Master said it best:

KJV: John Chapter 8:44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
You can term it street fight or whatever but the time for dialogueing with wolves who ravage the flock of Jesus is over! No negotiation with the devil! God's command is clear: Resist the devil. . .
Unlike you who is steeped in spiritual pride, I can admit when wrong and accept correction but the question is can you dare do such?
What do you understand by the phrase: "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."? You lot bandy that whenever your lies are challenged. It is the fig leaf you try to use to cover your abject unclothedness like the Laodicean church! To you Jesus says:

KJV: Revelation 3:18. I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

^Again you repeat the lie. Thank God for the witness of Acts 15 which clearly establishes that you are a liar.
^Hypocrite! When the post indicts you; it becomes unnecessarily long as if you yourself don't have long posts. A large part of the post is Acts from the Bible. Maybe "time management" is what makes you read the bible upside down.
"The letter killeth": Another scripture wrenched out of context, twisted and panel-beated to say what you want it to say. Silly man, have you looked up the meaning of the word synecdoche yet? In the context of scripture doesn't that phrase "The letter killeth" refer to the Law and how no-one is justified by keeping the Law? If James had said anything favorable about tithes: then he would have been your darling, you greedy follower of Balaam.
^Keep lying that the world will see the truth about you false pastor.
Firstly, the events of which Paul wrote in Galatians are clear for anyone with even a modicum of understanding. Summarized as follows:
#1. Peter, Paul and Barnabas were in Antioch.
#2. They were certain Jews who were preaching that Gentiles had to be circumcised (Peter was not one of them).
#3. Some people sent by James arrived
#4. Peter, Barnabas  and some others bowed to "public opinion" and separated themselves from the Gentiles (contrary to the gospel that they had hitherto preached)
#5. Peter was to be blamed because he knew better. Galatians 2:11, 14; Acts 10 [God had already shown him that the Gentiles had a share in the gospel]
No where in this account does it say that the men James sent came and preached that Gentiles had to be circumcised. It is astounding that you are brazen enough to lie like this when Acts 15 is there for you to read and see what James himself said on this matter.

Secondly, you wrote this nonsense above: "James was the pastor of the church in Jerusalem, he took over leadership from Peter. Probably because he was a blood brother to Jesus christ. So people feared him even Peter feared him. Look at the authority with which he spoke at the conference in Jerusalem after the uproar. Paul that was more anointed would not even talk to his elders like that."

Again you betray your lack of understanding compounded by willful error. Did you suppose that the True Church of God is structured like the false churches that you are so proud of? God arranged that leadership of his Church be provided by a plurality of elders, each holding each other accountable before God as Paul did for Peter. And as Paul himself also subjected himself to accountability before Peter, James and John in the same Galatians that you are trying to twist.

KJV: Galatians 2:2. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.
And:
KJV: Acts 21:18. And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present.

As you can see from Acts 15 and 21 and referenced by Paul in 1 Cor 15:1-4: it is a plurality of elders. James was preeminent no doubt but where do you find it written "that people feared him" or "Paul more anointed". Stop this nonsense now! Every true Christian has the same anointing [the Holy Spirit] but different gifts.
^Proof needed. Show me the thread where I acknowledged myself as a teacher. Apparently the baby food is giving you logorrhea.
^Childish tantrums? Now you want me shot (presumably dead). And why such a response from one who claims to be a follower of Christ. Did I not say thank God, that on this thread it will be fully revealed that you are a wolf, a false teacher, for it is wolves who desire the death of those who tell them the truth. Your response is in keeping with your father, the devil: He was a murderer from the beginning and abode not in the truth.

KJV: John 3:19-21.
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

aletheia:

Post script: I missed addressing this part of your post. More insidious lies to lead the sheep of Jesus astray.

Anyone reading this will know that these are the things that occult practitioners, and followers of the enemy delight in, (they have serious spiritual implications as seen in the history of the Israel) yet Joagbaje dismisses the command that Christians abstain from these things as "Law of Moses" forgetting that these commands of God predate Moses (Genesis 9). To him it would be justified to partake of them since they fall under the rubric of the Law of Moses (How convenient for him that tithes don't fall under the Law of Moses).

Joagbaje is no Christian but a false teacher, a wolf ravening the flock of Jesus.

So you finally came out of your hiding place to post another  empty nonsense. I'm not against long post but long junk post that is off topic.

You've not address the issues of discussion, did Paul have issues with James ?
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2010
^I am not in hiding. smiley Though you want me dead.
Run out lies have you? Very soon you will mobilize mabel & co to come and post on this thread. They are welcome to come see how your lies against the Bible have been exposed.
My, what big teeth you have!

Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by newmi(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
of what difference will it make having Pastor Chris Oyakhilome preaching in Pastor David Oyedepo's church, there is no scriptural injuction which spells that such should be done as a measure of showing unity or disunity in believe in one God.

Also what eternal value does such an activity bring to the members. We shouldn't allow ourselves to be dragged into an unnecessarily, unreasonably unedifying piece of discuss there are perhaps much more weightier issues we could afford to spend our time on, such that thereafter we would be strengthened and edified as christians not allowing a few confused, disoriented and logically inbalanced minds miss lead us with there miserable posts which are nothing but an expression of their frustrated idleness.

thank you
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by newmi(m): 11:55pm On Aug 24, 2010
Pastor Chris is Christ Embassy, Pastor David Oyedepo is living faith, the both day names don't sound alike, with due respect to both
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Image123(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2010
This thread has produced a kind of bigger issue, a sort of pitting two Bible apostles against each other. Another thread has started to clearly discuss the issues raised. Here's the link to the thread. www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-502726.0.html
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by newmi(m): 11:57pm On Aug 24, 2010
wink wink wink wink
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Joagbaje(m): 12:25am On Aug 25, 2010
aletheia:

^I am not in hiding.  smiley Though you want me dead.

You were dead in ignorance tey tey

Very soon you will mobilize mabel & co to come and post on this thread.

Are you scared? The ones you mobilised are doing just fine.  But you're right, I should make few calls.  MBA emeka, where are you?

[quite] They are welcome to come see how your lies against the Bible have been exposed
[/quote]

what I only see you expose is your ignorance. And insincerity

[quote]My, what big teeth you have!

You created the teeth for me and it will bite liars and manipulators like you.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by away4real(m): 12:48am On Aug 25, 2010
You know its so easy for the "unconverted" to wind up Christian folks. All they have to do is come up with stuff like this or others like"tithe or no tithe" or such mundane things and thats it, the camps start coming out,

To all camps, are you not guilty of what you are accusing the other of ??

In my opinion pls lets stop this, have you guys ever considered that "we know in parts"

You guys can go on and on and on and on, the question is does it edify? For those that feel this is the only way to expose what they think is heresy, i ask you to think again?

I read these threads at times especially the tithe ones and I only just wonder, there is so much bitterness and pride at the end of the day gains nothing, God please help your kids, really we should be examining ourselves,

Shalom
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 3:19am On Aug 25, 2010
Joagbaje:

You were dead in ignorance tey tey

Are you scared? The ones you mobilised are doing just fine.  But you're right, I should make few calls.  MBA emeka, where are you?

[quite] They are welcome to come see how your lies against the Bible have been exposed
You created the teeth for me and it will bite liars and manipulators like you.
^Yes sir, Super-Apostle of lies. Address the issues raised and stop chasing shadows. This is not about aletheia but about the lies you posted on this thread:
Joagbaje:

James taught that the gentiles must be circumcised according to the law of moses to be saved.
And here:
aletheia:

Seeing as today it has been shown that the Emperor Joagbaje's new clothes are in fact no clothes at all, you resort to vague, disjointed posts, mixed with threats and hauteur.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2010
JeSoul:

Aletheia, you try self.

It would appear our brother Tonye thinks: different administrations = different "ministries" . . . and by administration, he equates that to something along the lines of each one running their own seperate "organization".

see fake assumptions. . . Babe pls try harder! undecided undecided
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 10:06am On Aug 25, 2010
JeSoul:

Aletheia, you try self.

It would appear our brother Tonye thinks:  different administrations = different "ministries" . . . and by administration, he equates that to something along the lines of each one running their own seperate "organization".

When in the biblical reality, administration simply refers to different gifts - not each one given their own organization to run. It is: different gifts, working together towards the same ministry, the ministry we've all be been charged with of making disciples. And if we are one body working towards building Christ's church, will the hand ever say to the leg "wetin concern me with your ministry?" or will the eye say to the hand "you no fit come preach for my church since we get different 'ministry'"? will the mouth reject the foot and say "my own no concern you oh!" . . . but yet, T-boy is insisting they have "different administrations" and "one no concern the other".

na wa oh. . . some folks can go any length to defend their twaddles especially when their errs have been exposed. . .another issue of 'ego syndrome'.

In their minds they'll be thinking aometihing lilke this -  [size=5pt]why would i accept this truth. . .if i do my colleagues may think i am dumb and a loser so let me go on and continue saying stuffs. . .you never can tell[/size].  undecided undecided no wonder someone called it the "religious section circles" i concur with a better tag "religious section circles of dumb elites" a synonym for "Pharisees".

Sister Mi when has ADMINISTRATION come to mean the same thing as GIFTS. hmmmmm very sad!  undecided undecided
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by ttalks(m): 11:31am On Aug 25, 2010
1Corinthians 12:3-6
(3)  Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking under the power and influence of the [Holy] Spirit of God can [ever] say, Jesus be cursed! And no one can [really] say, Jesus is [my] Lord, except by and under the power and influence of the Holy Spirit.
(4)  Now there are distinctive varieties and distributions of endowments (gifts, extraordinary powers distinguishing certain Christians, due to the power of divine grace operating in their souls by the Holy Spirit) and they vary, but the [Holy] Spirit remains the same.
(5)  And there are distinctive varieties of service and ministration, but it is the same Lord [Who is served].
(6)  And there are distinctive varieties of operation [of working to accomplish things], but it is the same God Who inspires and energizes them all in all.

There are different ways of accomplishing God's task for man. They are different probably in execution,style or manner; . . . . but are all in harmony/or make up a complete and non disagreeble unit when brought together.

They must conform to what the word of God says they are.

All these different administrations(of the gifts of the Spirit) are needed by every christian, so we can't say it is only a select set of people that are in need of a particular administration.
I guess this has to deal with the growth of a Christian. There are those administrations that are needed at the beginning stage, there are those that are needed at the middle stage
and then there are those that are needed at the matured stage(1st foundation - 2nd Building / 1st planting - 2nd watering) <<<< that sort of analogy

Therefore,every form of[b] God recognized[/b] administration has to be available one way or the other to every christian.

My take.  grin
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^I guess that part is missing from Tonye-t's Bible. grin wink
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2010
aletheia:

^^I guess that part is missing from Tonye-t's Bible. grin wink

You never seize to disappoint my assertions about you. . .trepidation is really a disordergrin grin
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by aletheia(m): 3:21pm On Aug 25, 2010
^Trepidation? Is that the new word you learnt for the week? What does it mean? In any case this is not about aletheia but about the lies you were confronted with on this thread. Caught in the full glare of the Light; instead of burying your head in shame and skulking back into the shadows whence you came from, you seek to make it a 'clash of personalities'. Sorry your lies have found you out and they are not about to go away until you repent and accept Jesus as Lord.
Tonye-t:

For instance, Peter was still busy preaching the circumcision after the flesh, while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word. And yet their both conceptions will pass for salvation.
^^
aletheia:

[. . .]
Specific lies uttered on this thread
[. . .]
[b]Tonye-t's lies
While Joagbaje drips his own in little by little. Your's is concentrated poison for the Biblically undiscerning. Two sentences=3 lies. You are a master.

Lie #1.
Peter was still busy preaching the circumcision after the flesh, while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word.
^Herein is revealed that you have no understanding the gospel that you claim to profess. What was the difference between the gospel preached by Peter and Paul or any other Apostle? Who first preached to Gentiles: Peter, some other disciples, Barnabas or Paul?
Here is the Bible evidence against your lies:

KJV: Acts Chapter 11:1-4.
And the apostles and brethren that were in Judæa heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them,[. . .]
As Acts Chapter 10 & 11 show (as anyone interested in the truth will see); Peter was God's instrument for opening the gates of the Kingdom to Gentiles. Paul's missions did not start till Chapter 13!
Moreover verses 20 & 21 of Acts 11 reveal:
And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Jesus. And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

Verdict: Tonye-t lied

Lie #2.
. . .while Paul came up with the circumcision after the word.
^So in your words Paul invented the gospel he preached. He "came up with. . ." Ok.

Paul denies you:[/b]KJV: I Corinthians Chapter 15:1-9.
[b]Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

Lie #3
And yet their both conceptions will pass for salvation.
^Good grief. There are now two (according to Tonye-t) Ways to salvation
But unfortunately for you: There is Only One Lord Jesus. You are comfortable saying that there are two "conceptions" (the gospel has now become a concept abi?) because you have crafted for yourself a man-centered gospel of works and tried to merchandise the free grace of our Lord.

Your lies are exposed today; both of you. No matter how you twisted scriptures in the past, today, the Bible testifies against you that you have both lied. If you like call it "hard meat." Anything contrary to the Word of God is a lie!
^Address this issues and stop chasing your own tail.

Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2010
ttalks:

1Corinthians 12:3-6
(3) Therefore I want you to understand that no one speaking under the power and influence of the [Holy] Spirit of God can [ever] say, Jesus be cursed! And no one can [really] say, Jesus is [my] Lord, except by and under the power and influence of the Holy Spirit.
(4) Now there are distinctive varieties and distributions of endowments (gifts, extraordinary powers distinguishing certain Christians, due to the power of divine grace operating in their souls by the Holy Spirit) and they vary, but the [Holy] Spirit remains the same.
(5) And there are distinctive varieties of service and ministration, but it is the same Lord [Who is served].
(6) And there are distinctive varieties of operation [of working to accomplish things], but it is the same God Who inspires and energizes them all in all.

There are different ways of accomplishing God's task for man. They are different probably in execution,style or manner; . . . . but are all in harmony/or make up a complete and non disagreeble unit when brought together.

They must conform to what the word of God says they are.

All these different administrations(of the gifts of the Spirit) are needed by every christian, so we can't say it is only a select set of people that are in need of a particular administration.
I guess this has to deal with the growth of a Christian. There are those administrations that are needed at the beginning stage, there are those that are needed at the middle stage
and then there are those that are needed at the matured stage(1st foundation - 2nd Building / 1st planting - 2nd watering) <<<< that sort of analogy

Therefore,every form of[b] God recognized[/b] administration has to be available one way or the other to every christian.

My take. grin

Ttalks,

even though i concur with your analogy (building processes) but i still dont think it applies to this issue at hand. your analogy only applies to the processes involved in a believers spiritual growth and not the dynamism of the body of Christ.

I'll prove it:

1st: when a christian becomes born again, at that point he could be likened to a building project with just a plan only. and then his different experiences and tutelage begins as he grows, most times he does this under several protégéés (scriptural) now it is these processes i'll liken similar to your analogy (ie. someone makes the foundation, another builds, prolly another roofs and so on) but your instances would not make a pass when dealing with the dynamism of the body of christ it only applies in spiritual growth. spiritual growth is this - One plants another waters but God gives the increase, this is different from dynamisms, because in dynamisms a hand can plant and that same hand can also do the watering which in reality happens. hope you understand?

2nd: when we talk about dynamisms in christ (which is what this thread is all about), we'll have a scenario where the hand is the hand and the feet is the feet, the waist is the waist and the elbow is the elbow. They are different by design and so cannot harmonize each other they only harmonize the body. Bible puts it this way:

1corinthians 12: 14 - For the body is not one member, but many.

20 But now are they many members, yet but ONE BODY

Elbow is designed to make a joint, therefore it doesnt need any finger to make it a joint, else nails will be growing from one's elbow (try and picture this scenario). It rather needs other parts of his members to make it a joint and not some finger somewhere.

Finger is designed to grow nails and not to digest food, it doesnt need the stomach to make it a finger, it only needs the stomach to make them a complete body, because if the stomach is not there, the finger will still be a finger by shape.

Waist is there to connect the upper-parts with the lower-parts by design and it has its own members to make it function as a waist. Heart is there to pump blood cells.

Heart is there to administer blood cells through the body and it has its own members to make it complete now this is where administration comes to play it doesnt need the members of the waist to make it a heart.

Bringing this analogy to play will mean Oyedepo having his own design and ministry for instance he could be the neck, while Oyakhilome has his own design too and he could be the kidney. Now is a neck the same as a kidney or are they created to play the same role? i certainly dont think so! but yet they all fulfill the harmony of making a BODY.

Now no one should get me wrong, i never insinuated they maynt need each other, I only said they are different in design and probably may not augment each other. because alot of folks here suffer alot from consternation. tongue tongue

Talk to me! embarassed embarassed
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2010
Aletheia, ejo, that wolf picture is traumatizing me lol.

Tonye, no problem. Whether na administration abi gift abi organization or ministry, I don talk my own finish. It is obvious to the casual observer there is little to no unity within what is labeled the 'church' today. And the reasons why, I hope, should even be more obvious. God bless ehn.
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Zikkyy(m): 4:56pm On Aug 25, 2010
My contribution.
The Question: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach in Chris(t) Embassy?
Answer:
1. Its Chris church, and pastor Oyedipo will need an invitation from Chris as guest preacher. Chris is not likely to invite  Oyedipo as this will give him (Oyedipo) strategic access (for marketing purposes) to Chris customer base  grin
2. There is no incentive for Oyedipo to preach in Chris(t) embassy as Chris get to go home with the daily takings  grin Maybe some compensation to cover his taxi cost and some other misc. expenses.
3. Oyedipo has his own church na, haba  angry There should be other means of gaining market share.

Tonye-t:

Bringing this analogy to play will mean Oyedepo having his own design and ministry for instance he could be the neck, while Oyakhilome has his own design too and he could be the kidney. Now is a neck the same as a kidney or are they created to play the same role? i certainly dont think so! but yet they all fulfill the harmony of making a BODY.

Now no one should get me wrong, i never insinuated they maynt need each other, I only said they are different in design and probably may not augment each other.

Tithing-t, what exactly are you saying here 

Tonye-t:

2nd: when we talk about dynamisms in christ (which is what this thread is all about), we'll have a scenario where the hand is the hand and the feet is the feet, the waist is the waist and the elbow is the elbow. They are different by design and so cannot harmonize each other they only harmonize the body.

Like you noted, it is not about harmonizing the kidney and the neck. So what stop the neck from preaching in the kidney’s church so the body (kidney’s congregation) can be harmonized (by fitting in the neck)  grin or are you saying the body should move around to acquire the various parts 

Talk to me please!  grin
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2010
aletheia:

Lie #3
And yet their both conceptions will pass for salvation.
^Good grief. There are now two (according to Tonye-t) Ways to salvation
But unfortunately for you: There is Only One Lord Jesus. You are comfortable saying that there are two "conceptions" (the gospel has now become a concept abi?) because you have crafted for yourself a man-centered gospel of works and tried to merchandise the free grace of our Lord.

Aletheia, sorry to say but your knowledge about Christianity is simply disgusting. *shakes head*

Your problem has always been your poor comprehension of simple english language, Where in my post did i ever said/insinuated there are 2 ways to salvation?

Let me TEACH you again:

- The focal of the holy Scriptures is founded on the concept of Jesus christ, some call it: The Prophesy & The Fulfilment others call it " The book of the WAY". Jesus did not criticize cultures but rather he criticised people's approaches to their cultures. ( i can quote it).

what is a culture? a set of ideas, beliefs, and ways of behaving of a particular organization or group of people.

Some cultures believe the eating of meat is evil, while others dont agree.

Some cultures believe to observe seasons where bad, others celebrated seasons

Some cultures still keep the mosaic LAW approach, while others believe in GRACE

some cultures believe someone must be circumcised, others say it doesnt matter

And yet all these people believe still believe Jesus as THE WAY to the Father. (which is what i called validity within scriptural context because anything outside this is wrong). Now an argument broke out amongst the early church, some folks embraced one belief-system while others did not concur.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul in a bid to settle the issue of food and season wrote this:

Rom. 14:

2. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

3. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him.

4. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

5. One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind

6. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul in a bid to settle the issue of circumcision wrote this:

1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God. (KJV)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul in a bid to settle the issue of the law wrote this:

Rom.7:22 – for I(paul) endorse and delight in the Law of God

Again in 2timothy 3:16 - For all scruptures both OT & NT, both season-keeping & non-season-keeping, both Law of Moses and Law of grace are given by God and is profitable for doctrines.

Hellooooooooo!
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by Tonyet1(m): 5:06pm On Aug 25, 2010
JeSoul:

Tonye, no problem. Whether na administration abi gift abi organization or ministry, I don talk my own finish. It is obvious to the casual observer there is little to no unity within what is labeled the 'church' today. And the reasons why, I hope, should even be more obvious. God bless ehn.

J-babe i swear i love you die! you have said it as it should be. There is little or no unity in the church today. . .yes. . . very correct. . . but my notion is that no one should come up here and say the reason why Oyedepo has not been invited to chris' church IS BECAUSE of hatred. It is simply some cheap conclusion that has no basis for true chrisitian discourse. I hope you've learnt not to jump into unhealthy conclusions . . . its immature.! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by JeSoul(f): 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2010
Tonye-t:

J-babe i swear i love you die!
hehe emi ke? oga, your wife is waiting for you here oh . . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-502185.0.html#msg6638575

Tonye-t:

There is little or no unity in the church today. . .yes. . . very correct. . . but my notion is that no one should come up here and say the reason why Oyedepo has not been invited to chris' church IS BECAUSE of hatred.
Broda I don't think anyone said its because of hatred but rather the broken politics and dynamics of modern-day 'church'.
Tonye-t:

It is simply some cheap conclusion that has no basis for true chrisitian discourse. I hope you've learnt not to jump into unhealthy conclusions . . . its immature.! smiley smiley smiley
So what do you say the root of the problem is?
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by omofat: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2010
Just another example of the disunity within the body:

I go to a church that was bringing in a 'celebrated' US gospel artist into town for a one-day concert. As part of the whole publicity effort for the event, it was advertised on radio, tv, posters, etc. They sent a batch of flyers to other churches in the city to help promote the event.

One church in particular returned the flyers - because they weren't the 'first' to bring this artist to this city.

Approx 6 months later, they had an event of their own and they then invited this same person to come sing.

Their initial reluctance to publicise the first church's event had nothing to do with anything they had against the singer, or the church even. Twas just naked, raw bellus. That my friends is a typical example of what we have to deal with in today's "church".
Re: Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? by newmi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2010
omo~fat:

Just another example of the disunity within the body:

I go to a church that was bringing in a 'celebrated' US gospel artist into town for a one-day concert. As part of the whole publicity effort for the event, it was advertised on radio, tv, posters, etc. They sent a batch of flyers to other churches in the city to help promote the event.

One church in particular returned the flyers - because they weren't the 'first' to bring this artist to this city.

Approx 6 months later, they had an event of their own and they then invited this same person to come sing.

Their initial reluctance to publicise the first church's event had nothing to do with anything they had against the singer, or the church even. Twas just unclothed, raw bellus. That my friends is a typical example of what we have to deal with in today's "church".

My dear omo-fat as much as understand your perculiar view point with regards ur post above, l must be quick to point out that such senerios do not vivdily define biblical idea of disunity in the body. Because there could be number of reason why an individual might opt rather to do evrything but attend another denomination's organised event thus its relative and personal.

but based on principle, disunity in the body these scriptures:

Eph 4:12-13
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: {in: or, into} {stature: or, age}

You see my dear, the apostle paul uses the expression ", untill we all come in the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, ", that sounds like[i] ", we have not yet come, "[/i]
or what do you think?

we presently do all have a common ground though not on all issues but on some specific and sensitive issues.

for instance, some believe in infant baptism some others do not, they insist that an individual must first be grown up and mature enough to perhaps understand the enormity and rlevance of whta he or she is getting involve in, some believe in speaking in tongues some others do not, some believe in meditaton others do not, etc

thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Question For Joagbaje / A Thread For Those Who Have Been Cured Of Cancer By Great Men Of God / 4 Reasons Why Atheists Create And Use Multiple Fake ID Monikers On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 226
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.