Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (26346 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by nwakaibeya1: 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2019
Read and confront spiritually >>>Speaking in tongues is nonsense as it is in Churches,who ever is speaking in tongues is an enemy of Jesus Christ ,we the kingdom of Jesus Christ,the power that be ,the ancient world condemn it and it's an authority of heaven of God of justice and if you have eyes to see by now you should have known who is talking powerfully about Jesus Christ kingdom that has come back to revenge and judge people of the whole world unknown to those speaking in tongues and claiming to know Jesus Christ. I have spoken and who ever feels threatened is free to challenge spiritually the world of justice. John 6,6.-68 . Tell this to your prophets and pastors and don't forget that in the realm of the spirit there is no distance so those who have eyes to see read us and know who is talking powerfully

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 12:57pm On Feb 10, 2019
Originalsly:

Direct me to someone with the gift of interpretation.
That I may not know.

And I wasn't against you by the way, I never said you should start speaking in tongues without an interpreter, I only said some are blessed with the gift
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Rednaxelot: 1:00pm On Feb 10, 2019
bukiii:
Can this really be fake � I have seen people speak from oau hall to school gate. If you have been to OAU you will know how far that is.�
you are very correct.

Some even "skalbosh" from across the hostel to staff quarters to school road 1 gate and back to the sport complex to finalize it.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by omamush(f): 1:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hmm
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Sheunma: 1:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
Afospecialk:
I am a Muslim but i believe speaking in tongue is real

There is some certain level you attain in spiritual realm where you learn what you hav not been taught it could be languages or some courses.

In Islam, there some great (Hustas) Alfa or scholars who learn from spiritual realm and they dont read to learn or read twice to assimilate. They can learn the content of a text book within 24 hours and they hav strong retentive memory. Some of these Islamic sheik (Scholars) speaks any language of any ethnics they visit with the help of their spiritual gift. Example of this in Nigeria is Sheik Adam Al-hilori. The founder of Adam islamic school at Agege, Lagos but originated from Ilorin.

In Christianity, especially pentecostal pastors like Cherubim and seraphim hav some great pastors who speaks in tongue and their language have meaning as they always have interpreters who understand the language. I hav came across some pastors who speaks Arabic language fluently and they can read Quran as well. I found out that they learn those languages from spiritual realm.

Unfortunately, majority of those who speaks in tongue now a days ar fake. They just want to prove or impress their victim inorder to convince them that they ar spiritually sound.

Learning to speak a foreign language from the spiritual realm shocked shocked shocked
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by BluntBoy(m): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
apelike1:
THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF TONGUES!
1. SPEAKING IN TONGUE (LANGUAGE OUTTA THIS EARTH. AND

2. SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES (LIKE SPEAKING IN CHINESE I UNDERSTAND NOT BUT MAYBE THE PEOPLE AROUND ME IN THE CHURCH CAN UNDERSTAND CHINESE MIGHT INTERPRET IT)

YOUR BRAIN IS IN CAP LOCKS MODE SO YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT

Bro, where did you read that there are two types of speaking in tongues? grin

Please, stop misleading people.

2 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:
Yes, esp since I have been desiring it. It's a sign that you have attain another level in your spiritual life

Wow. Which church do you attend?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by SmithRussell(m): 1:16pm On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN'T TELL IF IT'S REAL OR FAKE, BUT YET, "YOU BELIEVE"??
WHAT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin
Yhu don't really know much about, I see!

There's speaking in tongues of men, like an Ibo man being led to minister in Azari. . . and there's speaking in tongues of angels - which no one understands but God. .

Apostle Paul in Corinthians talked about the two types of tongue.

So, I believe in speaking in tongues of angels; I don't speak in tongues; so whether it's being faked or not, I can't tell. .
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Rockyrascal(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
Lekagbaye azize! Rabadosh.... I believe in speaking in tongues.

I wish I can speak in tongues.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by davien(m): 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
Too bad speaking in tongues is a marketing scheme..
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by erenax: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
Skiborobo skibo skeeborobbo skibo. Yeba

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Holaxy: 1:23pm On Feb 10, 2019
Rednaxelot:
Sakamaje!

None of them understands thaot gibberish!
even the OP
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DrDunamis(m): 1:24pm On Feb 10, 2019
PlugBlogng:
Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It?

https://plugblog.com.ng/do-people-who-speak-in-tongues-fake-it-or-understand-it/

I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he’s like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he’s been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn’t religious and wouldn’t attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don’t have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him thats why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said “Na God hand u de” lol.
Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you dont speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldnt understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you’re talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

SOURCE: TALK2BELLA

Beautiful question and beautiful story.
I'll only reply with scriptures
1. Jesus is the only way
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.cts 4:11-12
For Jesus is the one referred to in the Scriptures, where it says, ‘The stone that you builders rejected has now become the cornerstone.’
There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.”
2. Don't mix advancement in technology with the will of God, remember in Genesis they were building a skyscraper and the Lord stopped them. (Let's not go into that now.)
1 Corinthians 14:2
For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

I'll recommend these books for you.
The Power Of Tongues
Praying The Right Way
How To Pray Effectively
All by Rev Chris Oyakhilome

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by LINTUNE(m): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN'T TELL IF IT'S REAL OR FAKE, BUT YET, "YOU BELIEVE"??
WHAT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin
quite funny grin
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Opiletool(m): 1:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
I'm definitely sure that 95% of christ embassy members fake it.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Benobute: 1:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
All sin can be forgiven except a sin and blasphemy against the holy ghost.. Be careful
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by BluntBoy(m): 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2019
SmithRussell:
Yhu don't really know much about, I see!

There's speaking in tongues of men, like an Ibo man being led to minister in Azari. . . and there's speaking in tongues of angels - which no one understands but God. .

Apostle Paul in Corinthians talked about the two types of tongue.

So, I believe in speaking in tongues of angels; I don't speak in tongues; so whether it's being faked or not, I can't tell. .

What is the essence of speaking in a language that no one understands?

One purpose of speaking in tongues is to serve as a sign to unbelievers. Imagine you have a message for unbelievers and you start speaking in tongues that are strange to them, would they get your message?

Ever wondered why Paul said that those who prophesy are greater than those who speak in tongues?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 1:36pm On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Wow. Which church do you attend?
Foursquare Gospel Church
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by OLUWABIG(m): 1:39pm On Feb 10, 2019
CoolVoice:
95% Fraud of the Christiandom

By the way I'm a Christian.

For instance how can you be in a musical studio that you will have to take your line a couple of times and be speaking in tongue in your music record? Infact that's the trend in the Christian Music Industry now you must speak in tongue in your recording.. absolute scam.

Yea noticed that in a song titled Rababa by THE GRATITUDE
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ikorodureporta: 1:49pm On Feb 10, 2019
Just like someone rapping, @ some point you start flipping.. it's more like orgasm.. meaningless!

People like Donnie McClarkin na one of the culprits
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by mchc1001: 1:50pm On Feb 10, 2019
I CAN TELL YOU THAT 99.9% OF THOSE WHO SPEAK IN TONGUE ARE FAKING IT, I HAVE BEEN TO MANY OF THIS SO CALLED PENTECOSTAL CHURCH, AFTER GIVING YOUR LIFE TO CHRIST THE NEXT THING IS TO GIVE YOU AN APPOINTMENT AND IN THAT MEETING THEY WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO SPEAK IN TONGUE, IT HAPPEN TO ME IN WINNERS CHAPEL GHANA AND GRACE OF GOD MISSION ONITSHA.
izzy4shizzy:
80% fakes it..

That's was how one pastor was praying for me to speak in tongues.... I look am till him handover me to another pastor, that one ma tire with me

I no go that church afterwards
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

Foursquare Gospel Church

Wow. My ex also attended that church. Dumped me like a hot sack of potato because I'm Catholic and I wouldn't convert to her church cry
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by BluntBoy(m): 1:54pm On Feb 10, 2019
Speaking in tongues is the most abused gift of the Spirit.

The idea that you can use it anyhow without considering the church is the very reason why it is so abused.

You will hear choir mistresses and masters reverting to strange tongues while ministering. You will hear pastors reverting to strange tongues as they preached or prayed for a person or the congregation.

Paul described this abuse as akin to speaking mysteries (that would be lost to the rest of the church).
What is the essence then if only God understands you? You should better speak it privately to God rather than wasting your saliva and disturbing the rest of the worshippers. Self-edification is not a bad thing, ordinarily.

This is unlike prophesying which edifies the church, rather than edifies the self.

He who prophesies is said to be greater than he who speaks in tongues (without an interpreter) because he who prophesies edifies the church while he who speaks in tongues without an interpreter edifies himself alone.

3 Likes

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 1:56pm On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Wow. My ex also attended that church. Dumped me like a hot sack of potato because I'm Catholic and I wouldn't convert to her church cry
I can't comment on this tho, being a foursquarian doesn't mean you can't get marry to other churches but I still understand her a little. Catholic doctrine is way different from ours and it isn't easy to adapt to other doctrines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 10, 2019
Itzurboi:
So i can't communicate God again except through speaking in tongue.
I said speaking in tongue is a spiritual language, it doesn't imply that any communication with God should be speaking in tongue.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by femarse: 2:01pm On Feb 10, 2019
apelike1:
THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF TONGUES!
1. SPEAKING IN TONGUE (LANGUAGE OUTTA THIS EARTH. AND

2. SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES (LIKE SPEAKING IN CHINESE I UNDERSTAND NOT BUT MAYBE THE PEOPLE AROUND ME IN THE CHURCH CAN UNDERSTAND CHINESE MIGHT INTERPRET IT)

YOUR BRAIN IS IN CAP LOCKS MODE SO YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT
as an evangelist or pastor or gospel preacher or whatever u might call yourself, if u want to convince someone to believe in Christ, do u open the bible to share numerous passage where Jesus has done many wonderful things and the promise of him coming back to take his people? or u open your mouth and start abusing the person up and down , telling them their brain is block hence they will not understand the way of the spirit, if Jesus has come to the world through any of the African country, the mission would have failed before it begin(majority of the people that has oppose speaking in tongue has done so with a verse from the bible and here u are follower of christ, couldnt quote a single thing other than abusive world, what this means is you are one of those who just believe their pastors hook line and sinker, who never by chance or choice open the bible to really check what is in there , is it that your pastor can not lie to you ? when Jesus himself said in the end time many will come in his name spilling trash and many like you will believe and be deceived by them )

1 Like

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

I can't comment on this tho, being a foursquarian doesn't mean you can't get marry to other churches but I still understand her a little. Catholic doctrine is way different from ours and it isn't easy to adapt to other doctrines.

Hmmm... Or maybe she if she too spoke in tongues she would have been spiritually matured enough to handle the difference in faith.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 2:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Hmmm... Or maybe she if she too spoke in tongues she would have been spiritually matured enough to handle the difference in faith.
grin grin grin this is different from speaking in tongue actually. It's not even about spirituality

Let's say deeper life are the most spiritual, yet they prefer to marry themselves, ain't they spiritual? it's not about spirituality
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 10, 2019
Only Mentally sick people speaks in tongue. or people who smokes highgrade ganja. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

When You Are Addicted To Sexual Pleasures / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format / Chris Oyakhilome's Mother And Benny Hinn On The Altar (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.