Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (26438 Views)

Must Every Believer Speak In Tongues As An Evidence Of Having The Holy Spirit? / Father Mbaka Invokes God's Judgement On Those Who Speak Evil Against Him / Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
PlugBlogng:
Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It?

https://plugblog.com.ng/do-people-who-speak-in-tongues-fake-it-or-understand-it/

I have always been spiritual than religious, i believe God is an entity who cannot be reached through a single source, he’s like a firm rooted tree with sprouted branches. We all say we worship same God then why do we feel our religion is the only and direct source to him?

Recently my neighbor came to preach to me, he’s been on my neck ever since i told him i wasn’t religious and wouldn’t attend his church. The day he came to preach we argued and argued, i told him God cannot be worshiped through a single source, if you invite me to a mosque i will attend, if you invite me to an Osun festival i will attend i don’t have to attend a church because i am seeking God.

I told him God gave us freewill to think, he gave us scientists and doctors and plastic surgeons, he gave us pharmacists and medicines, he wanted us to know there was more to him thats why we discovered other universes, thats why we can clone a human thats why we ca do IVF, thats why we can do inter sex change and etc.

I reminded him that Christians see Muslims as unbelievers and Muslims see Christians as infidels, none of them are right of course but what do they know. He told me to repent that hell is real, i told him i have seen hell, i have seen the rapture more times than i can count, i told him not to believe everything he read in the bible as it was written by human beings like us, he got up looked at me and said “Na God hand u de” lol.
Now back to my question, i get fascinated when people speak in tongue, in some churches if you dont speak in tongues u never belong, i had a flatmate in my hundred level then who stays with her boyfriend, after dem nack finish you go hear her then speak in tongue lol.

During the halleluyah challenge, i was praying, crying, in spirit, whenever i pray to God i cry, because i feel his awesomeness through me, even when im singing praises, during this time i was praying i found myself speaking a language i do not understand, i was scared so i stopped lest i blasphemed, i continued praying and it started again, but i couldnt understand what i was saying so i stopped again.

Dear christians, when you speak in tongues do you understand what you’re talking about? i thought some people were gifted with interpreting this speaking in tongues while others spake it? how come we have less interpreters and more speakers?

SOURCE: TALK2BELLA

Only few who has the gift of understanding tongues that can understand their tongues and that of others. You can speak in tongues without understanding it.

It's like reciting a language you heard without understanding what it means. The owners of the language will definitely understand you without even knowing you are reciting what you learnt from someone without having a good knowledge of what you are saying.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 2:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

grin grin grin this is different from speaking in tongue actually. It's not even about spirituality

Let's say deeper life are the most spiritual, yet they prefer to marry themselves, ain't they spiritual? it's not about spirituality

I see. Maybe she just used that as an excuse to get rid of me embarassed
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Yoighaman(m): 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

Just like many Christians, you have no idea of what speaking in tongues mean.

When you speak in tongues during corporate worship, especially when you are making a public prayer and you start speaking in a tongue that no one can interpret to the rest of the church, then you have just spoken to the air. Gifts of the spirit is not to edify just the person that possesses it. It is to edify the whole church that is why the gift of speaking in tongues always goes hand in hand with the gift of interpretation.

Speaking in a tongue that no one in the church understands is babel (Remember the Tower of Babel?)

God gave the gift of speaking in tongues to make messages easier to pass across without the restrain of language barrier (Remember when the Apostles spoke in tongues and everyone listening heard in their own native tongues). Without the miracle of speaking in tongues, only a few natives would have heard the disciples.

The Bible says that it is better to keep silent in church than to speak in tongues without an interpreter.

There is nothing more to say, this summarizes it all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by SaturnNick(m): 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
Abuheekmat:
Do your alleged god jesus spoke in tongues?

Nonsense
Back off... And leave ppl that know abt it to discuss
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN'T TELL IF IT'S REAL OR FAKE, BUT YET, "YOU BELIEVE"??
WHAT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin

The only place in the bible people understood tongues was only at the pentecost. There is no where again in the bible people understood tongues.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I see. Maybe she just used that as an excuse to get rid of me embarassed
Yes, might be
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

Yes, might be

embarassed embarassed embarassed

cry cry cry
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 10, 2019
izzy4shizzy:
80% fakes it..

That's was how one pastor was praying for me to speak in tongues.... I look am till him handover me to another pastor, that one ma tire with me

I no go that church afterwards

If they fake it don't you think they would have taught you how to speak in tongues that day?

If non of the pastors taught you how to, that means they didn't learn it either.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by DedeNkem: 2:22pm On Feb 10, 2019
IT IS FAKE! Only m*orons believe in it!
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 10, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
God no say we for africa too mumu
Dey speak in tongues .
Why u no fill am for yur bvn na
Fools
Person go dey say hey babakaya laya iyalaya
Okababa. But him go dey reason bad tin dic go dey hard for inside church
Another way africa is trapped and cursed

For your small mind Americans don't speak in tongues?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by SaturnNick(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2019
Speaking in tongues is REAL, though I do not believe this modern day speaking in tongues thingy. BUT what baffles me is why you hardly see such expisitory topics and intense arguments/refrain about islam on fridays. Can it be that the muslims do not know much about thier religion or they intentionally choose to keep mute about it?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Annihilator7: 2:25pm On Feb 10, 2019
dguyindcorner:

Deep thing of the kingdom is hidden from you but to babies and sucklings, it's revealed.

Even if I explain to you, you won't listen because your ears are blocked so that in hearing you will not hear and your heart hardened so you will not understand. Keep wallowing in your foolishness.

Story of fools. God is not mocked.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by ElsonMorali: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

Sorry

Lol. Thanks. Happened 5/6 years ago though.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Annihilator7: 2:30pm On Feb 10, 2019
izzy4shizzy:
80% fakes it..

That's was how one pastor was praying for me to speak in tongues.... I look am till him handover me to another pastor, that one ma tire with me

I no go that church afterwards

Correction...99% of those that do it are faking it like fake orgasm. I guess it's fake it till you make it for them.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by SmithRussell(m): 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

What is the essence of speaking in a language that no one understands?

One purpose of speaking in tongues is to serve as a sign to unbelievers. Imagine you have a message for unbelievers and you start speaking in tongues that are strange to them, would they get your message?

Ever wondered why Paul said that those who prophesy are greater than those who speak in tongues?
Speaking in a language no one understands is not of the Bible. . That's where the interpreter comes in. . So at least, one person understands what is being said; sadly we don't do that in many churches. . And that is a greater sign to unbelievers than just prophecy. But nevertheless, the fact that there is no interpreter doesn't mmake the gift fake, does it?

Back to yhur question: The essence of speaking in unknown tongues (mysteries) is to talk to God when yhu are alone, or prophesy in the church with the help of an interpreter
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by gcof(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2019
PlugBlogng:

Funny enough we can't hear them in our own language
because their tongue is not in your language
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Annihilator7: 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2019
apelike1:
THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF TONGUES!
1. SPEAKING IN TONGUE (LANGUAGE OUTTA THIS EARTH. AND

2. SPEAKING IN OTHER TONGUES (LIKE SPEAKING IN CHINESE I UNDERSTAND NOT BUT MAYBE THE PEOPLE AROUND ME IN THE CHURCH CAN UNDERSTAND CHINESE MIGHT INTERPRET IT)

YOUR BRAIN IS IN CAP LOCKS MODE SO YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT

You be ode!
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Originalsly: 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

I only said some are blessed with the gift

If someone is blessed with the gift..... whatever he/she says will be understood by whoever is listening..... no need for interpreter..... as on the Day of Pentecost. If a guy from China is blessed with the gift.... stands on a box in the middle of Maza Maza Bus Stop and begins to preach in Mandarin..... those listening who understand Igbo...Yoruba...Hausa or whatever language/dialect only will understand what he is saying. If they can't...then he doesn't have the gift......and they will all gang up and get tyre and petr.... ehmmm.... let me shut up.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by CAPSLOCKED: 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2019
SmithRussell:
Yhu don't really know much about, I see!

There's speaking in tongues of men, like an Ibo man being led to minister in Azari. . . and there's speaking in tongues of angels - which no one understands but God. .

Apostle Paul in Corinthians talked about the two types of tongue.

So, I believe in speaking in tongues of angels; I don't speak in tongues; so whether it's being faked or not, I can't tell. .

SPEAKING IN TONGUES OF ANGELS, ONLY UNDERSTOOD BY GOD AND ANGELS, NOT TRANSLATABLE TO HUMAN UNDERSTANDING. SO WHAT'S THE POINT? HOW DOES IT MAKE CHRISTIANS FEEL GOOD WHEN THEY WILLINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY DECEIVE THEMSELVES??
I'M TIRED.

soulpeppersoup:

The only place in the bible people understood tongues was only at the pentecost. There is no where again in the bible people understood tongues.

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT??
NONE. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU QUOTED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE NOW YOU REGRET CUZ YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

SPEAKING IN TONGUES OF ANGELS, ONLY UNDERSTOOD BY GOD AND ANGELS, NOT TRANSLATABLE TO HUMAN UNDERSTANDING. SO WHAT'S THE POINT? HOW DOES IT MAKE CHRISTIANS FEEL GOOD WHEN THEY WILLINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY DECEIVE THEMSELVES??
I'M TIRED.

SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT??
NONE. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY YOU QUOTED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE NOW YOU REGRET CUZ YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY.

You said all tongues in the bible were understood by those around but that is not true. Only at the pentecost did that happen.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by daveP(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2019
BluntBoy:

Bro, where did you read that there are two types of speaking in tongues? grin

Please, stop misleading people.
Mr sorry to burst your bubble, but yes there are two kinds.

A case of you mot meditating on the word is what your just displayed.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by SmithRussell(m): 2:59pm On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

I'M TIRED.

There's something called Gift of Interpretation of Tongues, thereby the church receives the message that the person speaking in tongues is trying to pass across. capische?
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2019
Originalsly:

If someone is blessed with the gift..... whatever he/she says will be understood by whoever is listening..... no need for interpreter..... as on the Day of Pentecost. If a guy from China is blessed with the gift.... stands on a box in the middle of Maza Maza Bus Stop and begins to preach in Mandarin..... those listening who understand Igbo...Yoruba...Hausa or whatever language/dialect only will understand what he is saying. If they can't...then he doesn't have the gift......and they will all gang up and get tyre and petr.... ehmmm.... let me shut up.

I said that also, I didn't say an interpreter is a necessity. I said people who speak in tongue interpret themselves sometimes, esp when it's in the midst of the congregation but that doesn't mean people can't speak in tongue without interpretation(although that's personal) and it doesn't mean they are fake

And again someone might be blessed with the spirit and not be the one who receives the message. But if someon is blessed with the gift, an interpreter isn't needed.

What I'm trying to say is that there is the gift of interpretation of tongues which is for everyone
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2019
SmithRussell:
There's something called Gift of Interpretation of Tongues, thereby the church receives the message that the person speaking in tongues is trying to pass across. capische?
I've been saying this but no one seems to understand
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by CAPSLOCKED: 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2019
SmithRussell:

THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE. ONE DAY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by daveP(m): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2019
wow

so churches actually do send peeps to some school of speaking in tongues? grin How worse can this get. Doctrines of demons that is.

Pls if your church is into that, it is very very very unbiblical. Come out from aming them o. That is a serious fallacy that is not from God. grin

Oluwa sanu wa.

So you enter a school, pay a fee and then you get a coach to teach you how to speak in tongues?

Or you are told to just blurt out whatever your mind thinks at that moment? Shuu. My ribs wan crack.

Chai.

See lemme just say this.... We have many intellectuals in the church than before, but they are more stupider(permit me) more foolish than Christians of the 70s and the 80s that were bent on studying and searching the scripture.

Shamefully, we have Followers of Mem of God than what the Bible says. Yawnnnnnnnnns.

Sambady help me!!!!!
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
SmithRussell:

Speaking in a language no one understands is not of the Bible. . That's where the interpreter comes in. . So at least, one person understands what is being said; sadly we don't do that in many churches. . And that is a greater sign to unbelievers than just prophecy. But nevertheless, the fact that there is no interpreter doesn't mmake the gift fake, does it?

Back to yhur question: The essence of speaking in unknown tongues (mysteries) is to talk to God when yhu are alone, or prophesy in the church with the help of an interpreter
Glad to know someone understands me
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by urose93(f): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN'T TELL IF IT'S REAL OR FAKE, BUT YET, "YOU BELIEVE"??
WHAT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE?

WHY THE MEN WHO SPOKE IN TONGUES IN THE BIBLE SPOKE DIFFERENT "TONGUES" UNDERSTOOD BY HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE, WHILE TODAY, THE EXCUSE FOR PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING YOUR GIBBERISH SPEAKING IN TONGUE IS THAT ONLY GOD UNDERSTANDS IT? HAHAHA.. grin

Don't mind the ignoramus.
Thousands of people became believers because they heard the apostles spoke their mother tongues.
Fraudsters and scams moguls faking all sort of nonsense today
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by daveP(m): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
queenitee:

I've been saying this but no one seems to understand
Im impressed by your knowledge on the matter. dont bother if they dont get it. Why? Cos its right there in the Hily book amd they cant know cos they dont read. Ignorance strong gaaaan.
Re: Do People Who Speak In Tongues Fake It Or Understand It? by queenitee(f): 3:09pm On Feb 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:

Lol. Thanks. Happened 5/6 years ago though.
Oh okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Insecurity: Catholics In Nigeria To Wear Black Outfits On Ash Wednesday / New Rccg's Tithe Collection Format / TB Joshua Heals German Resident Who Has Deformed Spine(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.