Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State (37280 Views)

Ihedioha Destroying State Infrastructure – Imo Youths / Meet Lagos State Infrastructure Asset Management Agency (LASIAMA). PICS / Governor Umar Ganduje Spotted Watching The Match Between Rangers Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by APCsupporter: 9:13am On Feb 13, 2019
Xander85:

Utter crap!

Did i touch a nerve? Quit being an over-sensitive knobhead, and read my post again....this time dispassionately! All i asked for was either PROPER restructuring or we all go our separate ways, and you got the hump! Or is it the fact i said Biafra would be the pride of the black race that's driving you mad? You feel left out and unloved?

You go on and on about these imagined negatives of Ndigbo, yet the moment i say 'oya make we carry our wahala go do Biafra, make una keep 'one Nigeria' for unaselves'....the moment i utter these words, you'd throw your toys out the pram and yell for python dance!

I think highly of my people, and the fact it drives you insane is icing on the cake!

You made mention of the Jews and North Koreans! I can tell you for nothing that if they were sharing the same country with you primitive-minded savages....had to operate under the very same type of political-economy Ndigbo operate under...and if they receive the same level of hate, derision and marginalisation shown to Ndigbo in 'one Nigeria', i promise you they would be no better or worse than Ndigbo are at present!

My friend i have a simple question for you.

Why is it that when the jews go to America they do great things and win nobel prizes but when your special people go there they always end up in jail?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by zlantanfan: 9:13am On Feb 13, 2019
Effiongdbest:

You are a Yoruba man so stop talking nonsense, what limit? So you put limit on them in Lagos, what's your own limit in Lagos?? Cos after all every Nigerian is a stake holder in Lagos cos it was built by the Federal Government with Nigeria's Commonwealth.
firstly you have to stop tagging every opposing view as Yoruba, limit is that Lagos is a south west state even though everyone enjoys every right as proscribed in the constitution.

Lagos is a Yoruba state even though a confluence city. (That's all ).

I once wanted to build a house in gariki fct in 2010 but i realized that it would amount to nothing but uncertainty in future, they call abuja Nigeria no mans land created by all but the truth is its a northern state extension of Niger state.

A time would come when the "owners" would come for it, people understand the reality in abuja but take Lagos external warmth for granted.

I have 2 houses in Lagos as a non indigene and enjoy equal right but i can't claim to own the state

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Eliteklaus(m): 9:17am On Feb 13, 2019
deji17:

Haaaaaaaaaaa..With all the FG allocation and debt, yet no Infrastructure or meaningful achievement to show for it in Delta state.
This is really bad...
have you ever been to Delta state?
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by rusher14: 9:18am On Feb 13, 2019
Xander85:

Lagos has taken a disproportionate slice of the industrial/commercial sector of the Nigerian economy mainly due to the political-economy (status-quo) in place from 1966-date! This is the reality which people like me want to change for a situation in which one region/state/individual/ethnicity wouldn't monopolise control of the commanding heights of the economy! I'm angling for a situation in which every region/state/individual/ethnicity would answer their papa name; use their own resources as and how they deem fit; and not have to go to Abuja to seek permission to breath! The present status-quo which you're smugly and selfishly satisfied with is what's leading my people to travel to Lagos or Abuja to search for business opportunities!

If you weren't so daft, you'd have realised that in your bid to deride Ndigbo, you've inadvertently helped me make a case for Biafra! You've actually shown that my initial post that caused this back-and-forth (the one in which i called for genuine restructuring of the polity or disintegration) is justified!

Nobody is anybody else's slave in this country, and a situation where one region will grab and monopolise all the critical FDIs and other juicy economic opportunities, and another region (that thinks they're born to rule) monopolises political power, while the rest of us look on like mugus....such a situation is untenable in the 21st century and something will have to give at some point!

Stop the excuses.

Can you compare Warri of 1990 to Warri of today?

The leaders of Delta state encourage brigands. Hell, they were the brigands.

If the governors of Lagos had been like Delta state, Lagos would still be as it was in 1990.

None would have been wiser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by ijeezlux(m): 9:21am On Feb 13, 2019
I disagree with you on two things:
1:- kano state don't have more good road than delta, though I know kano city has good road, but kano state in general don't have more good tarred road than delta state.

2) I will not check your signature for immigration to Canada.... Lol

1 Like

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by APCsupporter: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2019
Kdon2:

This is dumb. Why not split Nigeria and see the difference. bunch of Hippocrates your people can't stand alone. Gandollar ass lickers

Is Nnamdi kanu better than any Nigerian leader? You guys are just mere chest beaters. Arrogant empty barrels. What do your people achieve in developed countries?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by B2mario(m): 9:25am On Feb 13, 2019
highqueen:
From delta and kano comparison to Igbos?
I thought your almajiris and ewedu guzzlers said Delta isn't Igbo? What brought Igbo in this thread?
You guys always find your ways to link Igbos to your miseries.
Ndi ara
I wonder oo
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2019
APCsupporter:
Assuming they had gotten Biafra, its the same nnamdi kanu who is now a proven fraudster that would have become their president yet they foolishly think the country will rival China in 20 years. Arrogance is a disease
even tho i be igbo i agreee with you.....being a black in totality is a curse

3 Likes

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Effiongdbest: 9:27am On Feb 13, 2019
zlantanfan:
firstly you have to stop tagging every opposing view as Yoruba, limit is that Lagos is a south west state even though everyone enjoys every right as proscribed in the constitution.

Lagos is a Yoruba state even though a confluence city. (That's all ).

I once wanted to build a house in gariki fct in 2010 but i realized that it would amount to nothing but uncertainty in future, they call abuja Nigeria no mans land created by all but the truth is its a northern state extension of Niger state.

A time would come when the "owners" would come for it, people understand the reality in abuja but take Lagos external warmth for granted.

I have 2 houses in Lagos as a non indigene and enjoy equal right but i can't claim to own the state

But do you know that Lagos was Nigeria's longest serving capital. Why didn't you claim it was SW and you don't want people without "limits" inside it then. Stupid talk.

It's just like Abuja , if by tomorrow the capital moves to another state then the indigenes of Abuja will start placing limits on people despite the fact the place was not in anyway developed by them but the collective wealth of all and Sundry, isn't that stupid? .

Lagos is in the region of the western part of the country yes but it belongs to all Nigerians, if you still have a contrary opinion you are a blind Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by lordtriplee(m): 9:31am On Feb 13, 2019
UfuomaUN:
Delta has better roads from rural areas to the city than Kano. You don't compare infrastructure on the basis of flyover's and bridges? You need to go round delta and round kano before making a comparision not pick the worst place in delta versus a city centre in Kano to drive home a biased point! There's a reason Asaba is one of the hotest real estate destinations in Nigeria after Abuja and Lagos

I complete agree; Delta has better roads from rural areas than any other state i have been to in Nigeria.

Don't mind OP...he is just a moronic apc supporter

1 Like

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by peteofi(m): 9:32am On Feb 13, 2019
The pictures of Delta State is like 3years ago. Okowa has done very well recently. So please update your pictures sir and check again. The governor has built road in all corners of Delta State.
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Gabriel004: 9:32am On Feb 13, 2019
APCsupporter:

Dont your governors have biafran blood? Show us your gdp, modern inventions, or any major progressive breakthrough achieved by your people.

I am not a fan of Jews, but they made so many impressive feats in the worst conditions.

North Koreans have been facing crazily difficult sanctions yet they produce things we can only dream of

And yet you are here chest beating as usual. some of you actually go to countries where the "conditions are right". What do you do other than getting arrested everyday for either cyber or drug crimes?
Compare that to the legitimate jews who have been winning Nobel prizes in the US.

Just humble yourself. You are not special. You are not better than anyone. You are not creative. You are not intelligent. You are not developed and Its not Nigeria's fault. You are just like every other Nigerian tribe. Just accept it.
Let them keep deceiving themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Barbilius: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2019
A very stupid thread from a preposterous human. The idiot showed a nice view of kano then posted a bad axis of Delta. With all the 'so called' infrastructure in Kano, why do they still have almajiris swarming all nook and cranny of the state, how come they still have a relatively low literacy rate, how come they are relatively backward in all health indices, Pure nonsense. Kano can build bridges from Nigeria to London, it still doesn't change the fact that its people are impoverished and wallowing in abject poverty.
And for the idiot talking about Christians, no matter how bad christianity is, it can never be as bad a Islam... At least, Christians can never be so gullible to the extent of someone telling them western education is garam, go and kill for Allah etc, and swallow it hook, line and sinker.
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 13, 2019
deji17:
Delta State with N49 Billion Naira FG allocation
your comparison is so bias. It is obvious, why didn't you bring out pictures from Asaba region to make comparison ?
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by horsepower101: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2019
APCsupporter:

My friend i have a simple question for you.

Why is it that when the jews go to America they do great things and win nobel prizes but when your special people go there they always end up in jail?

Yes igbos have more then earned the right to brag in Nigeria. They are a very special group.

Look at their performances in all the national exams for the past 15 years.

Compare all their cities today that was bombarded to the ground to the other cities in Nigeria. Except lagos and Abuja.

An Hausa man, head of Nigerian ports, said that they control over 70% of imports.

Onitsha main market is still the largest in west Africa after being bombarded.

Igbos have so many diasporan politicians in western nations. Google it.

Inventions, talk about Philip emegwali that contrritubed to the computer that you are using to type this nonsense.

All fingers are not equal

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by MINDMADE: 9:39am On Feb 13, 2019
Show us the tips of the eye iceberg now
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by zlantanfan: 9:40am On Feb 13, 2019
Effiongdbest:

But do you know that Lagos was Nigeria's longest serving capital. Why didn't you claim it was SW and you don't want people without "limits" inside it then. Stupid talk.

It's just like Abuja , if by tomorrow the capital moves to another state then the indigenes of Abuja will start placing limits on people despite the fact the place was not in anyway developed by them but the collective wealth of all and Sundry, isn't that stupid? .

Lagos is in the region of the western part of the country yes but it belongs to all Nigerians, if you still have a contrary opinion you are a blind Yoruba.
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians yes, so should akwa ibom belong to all Nigerians without limit
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Born2Breed(f): 9:42am On Feb 13, 2019
B2mario:
This is the point they fail to know.

This is a public primary school in Kano.

They are here talking about bridges...

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by mfm04622: 9:42am On Feb 13, 2019
SocialJustice:
Hopeless dreamer, not in this lifetime.

What am I dreaming about? Just telling you.one of the effect of what you want!
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Gabriel004: 9:44am On Feb 13, 2019
Xander85:

Utter crap!

Did i touch a nerve? Quit being an over-sensitive knobhead, and read my post again....this time dispassionately! All i asked for was either PROPER restructuring or we all go our separate ways, and you got the hump! Or is it the fact i said Biafra would be the pride of the black race that's driving you mad? You feel left out and unloved?

You go on and on about these imagined negatives of Ndigbo, yet the moment i say 'oya make we carry our wahala go do Biafra, make una keep 'one Nigeria' for unaselves'....the moment i utter these words, you'd throw your toys out the pram and yell for python dance!

I think highly of my people, and the fact it drives you insane is icing on the cake!

You made mention of the Jews and North Koreans! I can tell you for nothing that if they were sharing the same country with you primitive-minded savages....had to operate under the very same type of political-economy Ndigbo operate under...and if they receive the same level of hate, derision and marginalisation shown to Ndigbo in 'one Nigeria', i promise you they would be no better or worse than Ndigbo are at present!

Oga shut up. Who is primitive between you and him. You people eat human flesh n drink corpse water and for your mind, you think you are not primitive. Why not use the little opportunity you have now to prove to everyone that truly your heaven biafra will surely be the light of Africa and stop blaming others for your backwardness. You see yourself as something while others see you as nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Effiongdbest: 9:45am On Feb 13, 2019
zlantanfan:
Lagos belongs to all Nigerians yes, so should akwa ibom belong to all Nigerians without limit

Now you are not using your head anymore. Make Akwa Ibom the capital of Nigeria and build all the heavy infrastructure and companies and industries then it will be landing for all Nigerians without limit. You people are just being selfish. You want Nigeria to remain while you own an already fixed state like Lagos all to yourselves?? huh? Imagine one tribe owning New York State all to themselves, it's that not absurd. Lagos is the commercial capital and hub of Nigeria and NO thanks to Yorubas, it was made possible by the federal Government and the business inclined Igbos, the truth must be told no matter what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Deadlytruth(m): 9:45am On Feb 13, 2019
Xander85:

Lagos has taken a disproportionate slice of the industrial/commercial sector of the Nigerian economy mainly due to the political-economy (status-quo) in place from 1966-date! This is the reality which people like me want to change for a situation in which one region/state/individual/ethnicity wouldn't monopolise control of the commanding heights of the economy! I'm angling for a situation in which every region/state/individual/ethnicity would answer their papa name; use their own resources as and how they deem fit; and not have to go to Abuja to seek permission to breath! The present status-quo which you're smugly and selfishly satisfied with is what's leading my people to travel to Lagos or Abuja to search for business opportunities!

If you weren't so daft, you'd have realised that in your bid to deride Ndigbo, you've inadvertently helped me make a case for Biafra! You've actually shown that my initial post that caused this back-and-forth (the one in which i called for genuine restructuring of the polity or disintegration) is justified!

Nobody is anybody else's slave in this country, and a situation where one region will grab and monopolise all the critical FDIs and other juicy economic opportunities, and another region (that thinks they're born to rule) monopolises political power, while the rest of us look on like mugus....such a situation is untenable in the 21st century and something will have to give at some point!

And whose fault was it that Lagos came to enjoy a disproportionate lion share of the nation's wealth since 1966 other than the only Igbo HoS Nigeria ever had?
Recall that all before then, each of the four regional capitals - Benin City, Enugu, Ibadan and Kaduna - were far ahead of Lagos in everything be it population, infrastructure, size of their economy, etc.
It is just like how Washington DC today despite being the Federal Capital of the US is not comparable economically with any of states like California, Texas, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Illinois courtesy of the practice of a decentralized system over there similar to that which we started with but truncated by your brother Ironsi. So whose fault that we are in this mess now?

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by amadicollins1: 9:50am On Feb 13, 2019
snowball11:

You wasting time commenting on this known arewa slaves (yoruba muslims) thread?

They are low lives, trust me!

Don't fall for their pettiness! undecided

See this human eating savage calling people low life. You are a disgrace to your late parents. Spits

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Efewestern: 9:52am On Feb 13, 2019
deomelo:
[/b]

[b]If you are going to dispute anything and talk trash, show us the wonderful places and pictures from Delta state, show us what they did with N241 billion debt, allocations, derivations and IGR.

Do that of just shut up.

This comparison is purely BS, you picked some random pics of some places in Delta state while comparing with the best places in Kano.

I would have responded to this thread but I have no time for this, no northern states can be compared to Delta state, not even Kano or Kano, even in your SW, the only state that beats Delta is Lagos, Ogun and Oyo are no match.

Aside infrastructure, the standard of living in Delta state can never be compared to that of Kano, even thou the state is caused with Bad leaders (Which is not even limited to Delta state alone), Kano is no match to the oil rich state.

Delta state is highly Urbanized, same can't be said about Kano, from Warri to Sapele to Ughelle to Asaba are well developed.
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by deavicky(m): 9:52am On Feb 13, 2019
This kind comparison nah wah oh. How can u just go to one bad area and compare another best area. Even in America there are flooded areas.
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by UncletC: 9:54am On Feb 13, 2019
stupid post......make comparison without bias..... why didn't you show us the slumps in kano or the infrastructures in Delta

1 Like

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by APCsupporter: 9:57am On Feb 13, 2019
horsepower101:

Yes igbos have more then earned the right to brag in Nigeria. They are a very special group.

Look at their performances in all the national exams for the past 15 years.

Compare all their cities today that was bombarded to the ground to the other cities in Nigeria. Except lagos and Abuja.

An Hausa man, head of Nigerian ports, said that they control over 70% of imports.

Onitsha main market is still the largest in west Africa after being bombarded.

Igbos have so many diasporan politicians in western nations. Google it.

Inventions, talk about Philip emegwali that contrritubed to the computer that you are using to type this nonsense.

All fingers are not equal

I can list 200 convicted criminals from your tribe. Having Philip alone doesn't make you special. We have Yoruba people like that too. I need you to mention at least 50 people from your tribe
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by NwaliE01: 9:58am On Feb 13, 2019
Bad Governance is one of Our Major problems.

We so much make our leaders so powerful that they eventually take the like of a god among the followers.

So much revenue with almost nothing to show for.
Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by Abagworo(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2019
This comparison is biased and unreasonable. What's the use of flyovers when your State is the poverty capital, Illiteracy capital and chief breed of polio in the world? To me Delta is more developed than Kano.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Infrastructure Vs Kano State by islandmoon: 9:59am On Feb 13, 2019
all the years OGD spent in Ogun State as governor is a waste, kudos to Amosun, but he's also an idiot for developing Abeokuta alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chief Alabo Tonye Graham-Douglas Dies At 82 / Osinbajo At Tunde Bakare's Daughter's Wedding (photos) / Celebration Of Wike's Reelection: Live From Government House Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.