Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,181 members, 7,811,455 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Forex Trade Alerts - Business (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trade Alerts (76383 Views)

Forex Trading - Season 15 / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trading - Season 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 11:41am On Jun 09, 2011
meshpips:

Congrats sis! I was explaining to a friend just this morning that its not all about number of pips.

I suggest that you re-evaluate and think of profit/loss in terms of %.
Let me cite an example:
I went long today on usdjpy @ 79.93 with my SL @ 79.66 (27pips). If I decide to risk 5% on this trade, I would use
5% * 100/27 = 5% * 3.7037= 18.5% of my capital on this trade.
If I make  measly 27pips profit, I get 5% added to my capital.

Now if I come on this self same thread and say I made 54 pips that obviously would NOT sound like a big deal to any trader. Yet if I repeat this feat, compounding daily for 22 trading days, I would have made at least 500% profit.

IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT PIPS SIS, THINK IN %.

Congrats all the same.
Meshach

Nice cool cool, it's all about consistency.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
meshpips:

Congrats sis! I was explaining to a friend just this morning that its not all about number of pips.

Let me cite an example:
I went long today on usdjpy @ 79.93 with my SL @ 79.66 (27pips). If I decide to risk 5% on this trade, I would use

Now if I come on this self same thread and say I made 54 pips that obviously would NOT sound like a big deal to any trader. Yet if I repeat this feat, compounding daily for 22 trading days, I would have made at least 500% profit.

Congrats all the same.
Meshach

Hmmmm. My guy, I only think in pips only, i realised in time that if I trade well in pips, the money does not matter. Let me make myself clear.

I went long on oil with a stop loss of 50 pips and made 250 pips on it. If i used $2 that will be $500 with a risk of $100. Assuming my original capital was $5000, I would have increased it by 10% in total but my real profit is 500% ( amount i was risking was $100). When I said I made over 300 pips, i didn't state what I risked did I? Thanks anyway for the heads up, but believe me when I say my risk reward is the part that I work on the most.

Also it's very important to set goals in trading and once the goals are achieved, be disciplined enough to not fall into the trap of overtrading and/or overconfidence. The market is a manic depressive beast, underestimate it at your own peril. That said, happy hunting y'all

Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 12:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
honeric01:

na play play o grin

LMAO
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 12:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
@naijababe

I got your post and i read it all, but the spambot has caught you again (poor you) lol.

I hope i can start trading commodities too, but for now, na no go area. oil ke? gold ke? for where? grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
^ d tin useless pass useless  angry  . Well all in good time mate, I trade indices too, u can call me an all rounder. That's why I only trade 3 forex pairs

Let me cite an example:
If I make  measly 27pips profit, I get 5% added to my capital.

Congrats all the same.
Meshach

Hmmmm. My guy, I only think in pips. I realised in time that if I trade well in pips, the money does not matter. Let me make myself clear.

I went long on oil with a stop loss of 50 pips and made 250 pips on it. If i used $2 that will be $500 with a risk of $100. Assuming my original capital was $5000, I would have increased it by 10% in total but my real profit is 500% ( amount i was risking was $100). When I said I made over 300 pips, i didn't state what I risked did I? Thanks anyway for the heads up, but believe me when I say my risk reward is the part that I work on the most.

Also it's very important to set goals in trading and once the goals are achieved, be disciplined enough to not fall into the trap of overtrading and/or overconfidence. The market is a manic depressive beast, underestimate it at your own peril. That said, happy hunting y'all cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is the kinda market am likingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, just made a cool 24k withing 3 minutes, man am out till i know the actual direction now grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by meshpips(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hi all,
I just went long on EURUSD
Check trade details on my blog.
Happy trading!
Meshach.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Kashif(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
meshpips:

Let me cite an example:

Congrats all the same.
Meshach

So you rather she comes here to tell you she made thousands of dollars like some fellas do? Forex gain/loss is counted in pips jare. The % is subject to money management, and not easily quantifiable.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Blogicon1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 09, 2011
Kashif:

So you rather she comes here to tell you she made thousands of dollars like some fellas do? Forex gain/loss is counted in pips jare. The % is subject to money management, and not easily quantifiable.
I second you. You took your words out of my head; you just spoke my mind!

naijababe:

^ d tin useless pass useless  angry  . Well all in good time mate, I trade indices too, u can call me an all rounder. That's why I only trade 3 forex pairs

Hmmmm. My guy, I only think in pips. I realised in time that if I trade well in pips, the money does not matter. Let me make myself clear.

Also it's very important to set goals in trading and once the goals are achieved, be disciplined enough to not fall into the trap of overtrading and/or overconfidence. The market is a manic depressive beast, underestimate it at your own peril. That said, happy hunting y'all cool
Gbam! Those are the words of someone who knows what success in trading FX is all about. I have actually been reading and following replies from the sidelines (due to the stupidity of the bot), but I couldn't help but log-in to hail those words.

Risk : Reward is actually where the money is. Personally, I do not take trades that have a R:R less that 1:2. With that strategy in place I can afford to lose 60% of my trades (I don't actually smiley) and still remain profitable at the end of the month.

What was the attack on her all about in the first place? angry sad sad. Keep it going @naijababe, you know your onion.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2011
@big icon, sorry the bot caught you too, i saw your own post too lol grin grin grin grin, the bot does not like the mention of $$$$

Kashif:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yeeeyeyeyeyeye gun shot, nothing do you bro, no mind them them grin grin grin grin

Anyways i am watching to take my last trade for the week before calling it quit, i am about to long both EU and GU for like 200 pips minimum with stoploss of about 1:3 ratio.

My trailing stop should trade for me tomorrow, i no wan do trading at all tomorrow.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
honeric01:

@big icon, sorry the bot caught you too, i saw your own post too lol grin grin grin grin, the bot does not like the mention of $$$$
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin yeeeyeyeyeyeye gun shot, nothing do you bro, no mind them them grin grin grin grin

Anyways i am watching to take my last trade for the week before calling it quit, i am about to long both EU and GU for like 200 pips minimum with stoploss of about 1:3 ratio.

My trailing stop should trade for me tomorrow, i no wan do trading at all tomorrow.

Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 12:12am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^^

Entry point for me 44xx for EU, 63xx for GU, watching,
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Blogicon1(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2011
Kashif:

naijababe:

Also it's very important to set goals in trading and once the goals are achieved, be disciplined enough to not fall into the trap of overtrading and/or overconfidence. The market is a manic depressive beast, underestimate it at your own peril. That said, happy hunting y'all  cool
Gbam! Those are the words of someone who knows what success in trading FX is all about. I have actually been reading and following replies from the sidelines (due to the stupidity of the bot), but I couldn't help but log-in to hail those words.

Risk : Reward is actually where the money is
. Personally, I do not take trades that have a R:R less that 1:2. With that strategy in place I can afford to lose 60% of my trades (I don't actually  Smiley) and still remain profitable at the end of the month.

What was the attack on her all about in the first place? Angry Sad Sad. Keep it going @naijababe, you know your onion.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 3:45am On Jun 10, 2011
Eu was it for me yesterday. Thank God i waited,as in enter
trade,na hin i comot for system come put SL and TP.I come back see say profit don yapa grin grin grin grin
honeric01:

^^^^

Entry point for me 44xx for EU, 63xx for GU, watching,
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 3:48am On Jun 10, 2011
JAZES:

If EU breaks 1.4605,the next stop will be 1.4567 and
then 1.4555. My 2cents cool cool cool

I hope you guys took advantage of the above trade shot yesterday. cool cool cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 4:55am On Jun 10, 2011
Yes o
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 6:07am On Jun 10, 2011
Am loving GU, jst got my tp hit cool cool cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 7:06am On Jun 10, 2011
sentiment rebounded in Thursdays session sending commodity currencies higher and pushing down the low-yielding JPY and CHF. The euro fell on the long-term rates outlook and discord about Greece. The upcoming session features the always crucial Chinese trade data.

A relief rally after six days of losses boosted the S&P 500 by 0.7% and helped commodity currencies. The index fell 4.9% during the losing streak. AUD recovered all of its post-employment losses against JPY and has nearly done the same versus USD.

Trichet indicated a July rate hike by saying strong vigilance but tempered speculation of further rate rises by saying the ECB had not raised its 1.7% inflation forecast for 2012. The euro also fell after Germany reportedly demanded primate sector participation in the Greek bailout, something the ECB continues to rail against. MOODY's ALSO PLACED SEVERAL PORTUGUESE BANKS on review for a downgrade.

A SOFT T-BOND AUCTION pushed up yields and helped USD. A headline detailing that THE FED IS NOW THE LARGEST US CREDITOR, holding 14% of Treasury supply (compared to China at 12%) also pushed up yields.

Economic data was mixed with US initial JOBLESS CLAIMS increasing 1K to 427K compared to the 419K expected. The US TRADE DEFICIT, however, was much lower than expected at $43.7B due in part to a backlog of orders from quake-stricken Japan.

Talk of HOUSING problems in the US failed to sway optimism. The Feds Yellen said the recovery in the sector will be long and drawn-out. Case-Shiller Index co-founder Robert Shiller said a decline of 10-25% in housing over the next five years wouldnt surprise me at all.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 10, 2011
JAZES:

sentiment rebounded in Thursdays session sending commodity currencies higher and pushing down the low-yielding JPY and CHF. The euro fell on the long-term rates outlook and discord about Greece. The upcoming session features the always crucial Chinese trade data.

A relief rally after six days of losses boosted the S&P 500 by 0.7% and helped commodity currencies. The index fell 4.9% during the losing streak. AUD recovered all of its post-employment losses against JPY and has nearly done the same versus USD.

Trichet indicated a July rate hike by saying strong vigilance but tempered speculation of further rate rises by saying the ECB had not raised its 1.7% inflation forecast for 2012. The euro also fell after Germany reportedly demanded primate sector participation in the Greek bailout, something the ECB continues to rail against. MOODY's ALSO PLACED SEVERAL PORTUGUESE BANKS on review for a downgrade.

A SOFT T-BOND AUCTION pushed up yields and helped USD. A headline detailing that THE FED IS NOW THE LARGEST US CREDITOR, holding 14% of Treasury supply (compared to China at 12%) also pushed up yields.

Economic data was mixed with US initial JOBLESS CLAIMS increasing 1K to 427K compared to the 419K expected. The US TRADE DEFICIT, however, was much lower than expected at $43.7B due in part to a backlog of orders from quake-stricken Japan.

Talk of HOUSING problems in the US failed to sway optimism. The Feds Yellen said the recovery in the sector will be long and drawn-out. Case-Shiller Index co-founder Robert Shiller said a decline of 10-25% in housing over the next five years wouldnt surprise me at all.

Nice one
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2011
Blog icon:

Risk : Reward is actually where the money is
. Personally, I do not take trades that have a R:R less that 1:2. With that strategy in place I can afford to lose 60% of my trades (I don't actually  Smiley) and still remain profitable at the end of the month.

What was the attack on her all about in the first place? Angry Sad Sad. Keep it going @naijababe, you know your onion.

Na you got it all wrong, Mesh wasn't picking on me, you probably misunderstood him. He was just tryna set me right wink. Make una no fight eh, see what too much testosterone in thread can cause eh. Def. need more females in here
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by meshpips(m): 9:47am On Jun 10, 2011
Hi all,
a new trade call has been posted on my blog. It is a long on eurcad.
Get the details on my blog.
Happy trading!
Meshach.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 11:47am On Jun 10, 2011
naijababe:

Na you got it all wrong, Mesh wasn't picking on me, you probably misunderstood him. He was just tryna set me right wink. Make una no fight eh, see what too much testosterone in thread can cause eh. Def. need more females in here

I totally agree with the portion above,but sha its very
rare to see a lady who trades forex actively the way u do.
Keep it up,Kudos. cool cool cool

meshpips:

Hi all,
a new trade call has been posted on my blog. It is a long on eurcad.
Get the details on my blog.
Happy trading!
Meshach.
@Meshac,
Keep it up man
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
Bought EU now at the lowest price now, so sweet at this price, but will surely run away from it and face other pairs
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by cptyaya: 5:17pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hi all, I'm new on this thread, but I've been trading technically and fundamentally for a little while.

Well EUR / CAD seems to me to be dropping drastically. I believe there might be a further downtrend in the pair
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2011
seems some persons got burnt today undecided undecided,the house is scanty
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by frankike1: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2011
some people do say that some companies alert traders on when to enter trade if u subscribe with them. how true is this info
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by honeric01(m): 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
Uhmmm today was not cool, didn't trade but had some orders from yesterday, my SL hit mostly, anyways i am glad i had some damage control on ground, it reduced the losses and i am glad i didn't lose all the profits i made during the week. (Half still intact) cool

Next week i wait. cool
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 4:30am On Jun 11, 2011
frank_ike:

some people do say that some companies alert traders on when to enter trade if u subscribe with them. how true is this info
Yes thats true and i think i will recommend one of our own in
the house who is also offering such service. Just look for
Meshac on this thread,his signature says it all.

honeric01:

Uhmmm today was not cool, didn't trade but had some orders from yesterday, my SL hit mostly, anyways i am glad i had some damage control on ground, it reduced the losses and i am glad i didn't lose all the profits i made during the week. (Half still intact) cool

Next week i wait. cool

I feel you my brother,loosing is part of trading and understanding that one cant be
winning everytime is part of this game.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by JAZES(m): 4:37am On Jun 11, 2011
A European rift over Greece and mounting risk aversion weighed most-heavily on EUR and GBP on Friday while JPY, USD and CHF led the gainers. We look at the FX implications of the S&P 500 closing lower for the sixth consecutive week.

Pessimism about the US and global economy continues to rise. On Friday, the S&P 500 fell 18 points, or 1.4%, to 1270. Its the first time the index has fallen in six consecutive weeks since 2002 and its the lowest weekly close of 2011, falling below several important support levels.

Its a weak seasonal time for stocks but its also no surprise the declines are coming as the Fed wraps up QE2. We have heard this market described as a whiny girlfriend or a drug addict; it will kick, scream and throw fits until it gets what it wants (more stimulus from the Fed and/or govt) but more is never enough.

THE KICKING AND SCREAMING IS GOING TO GET WORSE and the Fed appears extremely reluctant to come to the rescue. The pressure is going to mount on the Federal government and it couldnt come at a worse time. VP Biden is working through budget talks aimed at cutting trillions from spending in order to get support for raising the debt ceiling. That is precisely the type of growth-stifling news this market hates.

The question is: how much further do stocks have to fall to get the attention of the Federal govt or the Fed? To 1200? 1100? 1000? Even if stocks fall to last summers lows, the FX trades arent entirely straightforward. The obvious buys are JPY and CHF but how willing are policymakers to allow those currencies to appreciate? There may be some upside in USD but the risk is the story may plays out as US growth slowdown rather than worldwide growth slowdown so that leaves USD vulnerable.

The best trade we see that capitalizes on a fall in stocks is short CAD. CANADA IS LEVERAGED BOTH TO U.S. GROWTH AND POSITIVE RISK SENTIMENT. A decline in both will push CAD lower against virtually everything. A trade that maximizes exposure to risk sentiment is short CAD/CHF (this pair is just above the 2008 low). A trade that minimizes exposure to risk sentiment is long AUD/CAD. Timing it is key. The RSI on the S&P 500 is at the lowest since last summers bottom so its not an opportune time to jump into these positions but they are trades we are watching and will share with premium subscribers.
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2011
aguiyi:

seems some persons got burnt today undecided undecided,the house is scanty

grin grin grin grin

Anyway, i bought euro at the lowest point 1 hour b4 the market closed, am already on profits and decided to leave it, be expecting like 15k when the market pump up on EuroUsd by sunday open, hope u people will not push it down grin
Re: Forex Trade Alerts by Lucy001(f): 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2011
Hello All,

Please I am intrested in trading forex, can any professional trainer, be off help to me, as in training me on how to go about trading forex, @ Honeric01 and co.

looking forward hearing frm u guys.

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (101)

Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video) / Okwudili Umenyiora 'Eric Manny' Parks 2018 Lexus Jeep In His Sitting Room / The New 200 Naira Note Is The Most Beautiful Nigerian Currency Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.