Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

God Is Love ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Love ? (3053 Views)

1 John Kjv (whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love) / Is Love A Part Of Christianity? / Is Love Song Sin Also (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Einstein wasn't smart enough to understand that Maths and Physics are just subjects.
They're not standards for measuring *Ultimate Reasoning* .
What is ultimate reasoning? Are you trying to sound smart
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
It's about perception. I'm not sure Einstein or Da Vinci perceived nonsense.
The smartness of another bothers the dumber.
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 11:28pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Da Vinci wasn't smart enough to understand that art is not good enough to describe what is clear.
It was good enough for him. If it's not good enough for you whose fault do you think it is?
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
I'm trying to introduce you to the highest dimension of LOGIC where Order is Constant and Reasoning is faultless.
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

The smartness of another bothers the dumber.
I am eager to draw from your well of knowledge. Pray, what is ultimate reasoning

Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
It was good enough for him. If it's not good enough for you whose fault do you think it is?
What do you know about art ?
What do you know about *what is clear* ?
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
I am eager to draw from your well of knowledge. Pray, what is ultimate reasoning
It's the highest dimension of LOGIC where Order is constant and Reasoning is faultless.
Re: God Is Love ? by Akin1212(m): 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
And if am neither?

The God you fight is in your head. "Man made God in his own image"
This doesn't exclude your kind.

I don't care if you're neither. That's obvious!

Have a nice time.
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 11:36pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:
I'm trying to introduce you to the highest dimension of LOGIC where Order is Constant and Reasoning is faultless.
You are not capable of knowing the highest dimension of logic or faultless reasoning, if there any such thing that is.

Foolish mortal!
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:
. What do you know about art ? What do you know about *what is clear* ?
Why not enlighten me?
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
Here,Logic is a system where functions are expressed.
But the functions must follow an order that is not affected by change pointlessly.
Re: God Is Love ? by Akin1212(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ihedinobi3:
@Hermes019, I'm not sure why you tagged me seeing as I am one of those "dumber persons" who explain everything with God's gift of free will.

To answer your post though, this world is evil, so evil things happen in it. As to why God does not intervene, as I always say, it is because of free will. God could stop all evil going on right now without breaking a sweat. But if He does, no one would have a choice but to obey Him. That choice is important because only with it can those who will be God's Eternal Family be separated from those who will not be.

If God prevented those who committed that dastardly act from doing what they did, then not only would their ability to exercise their own free will be taken away but new opportunities for others (like you who are currently affirming your rejection of His Authority as a result) to do the same would not be created effectively denying those others a chance to make a choice about God.

God will in the end heal every damage that all those who trust Him pick up in this life because of the evil of this world. He will also right every wrong and provide perfect justice in every single instance in the end. So, His permission of evil for now is not a problem at all. He can fix the damage that it does. He can also end it at will. Evil is something He permits because of free will.

On a serious note, you people are really confused!

So God gave the oppressors and murderers of the girl free will, huh? So God will uphold the freewill of oppressors over saving the oppressed? So God will suppress his own power and ability to help the oppressed because he wants the free will of the oppressors to be used?

Why do you people pray to God then to save you from your enemies? You want God to suppress the free will of your enemies now so that you can be relieved? You want God to make use of his own power in your case and stop the free will of your enemies from being used?

But when this God shows you people that he doesn't exist, you start looking for excuses and lies to cover up for the non existent God. So much confusion. SMH

1 Like

Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
You are not capable of knowing the highest dimension of logic or faultless reasoning, if there any such thing that is.

Foolish mortal!
You're just being Un-Einstein.
Einstein would have asked more complex questions in your shoes.
Re: God Is Love ? by Hermes019: 11:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

As it is, you asked me to answer this question. I did not volunteer anything to you or call your attention to this matter. The least you could be is courteous. And I have tried to treat you the same way.

As for your demand, it is a common type made of Christians by your kind. And it is very dishonest. Such demands necessarily come because you ask loaded questions which we are forced to answer incorrectly either way. I do not answer loaded questions with yes/no.

Your question essentially demanded two separate things:

1. That I affirm or deny that God is able to do anything at all that He pleases.

2. That I affirm or deny that He is pleased to interfere with use of free will while still preserving it, that is in other words that He is able to contradict Himself.

My answer is that God is able to do anything He pleases and that He was pleased to create free will to be an ability to make a choice about Him. So, He would not interfere in any way that makes it impossible to exercise free will as He Himself has ordained.

That is my answer. And I have no apologies for it. If it does not suit you, feel free to ask somebody else.
I'm sorry if I was discourteous but its surprising to see you asking for respect when you didn't regard my plea.
The issue I had with your response was not the Yes or No part,it was you implying(by answering Yes) to the first part that God could have saved the girl without interfering with the free will of the perperators,but then going ahead to claim in the second part that if God intervened he would only do so by interferring with the "free will" of the perpetrators, besides the fact that the two statements are contradictory,your position that God would interfere with their "free will" of he intervened is FALSE !,there are a lot of ways God would have intervened in that situation without having to change anyones decision or will
If you are familiar with the story
1)he could caused rain to fall on the night that the girl was abducted
2)he could have caused the girl to false sick making her unavailable to be abducted
3)he could have created a circumstance that would cause the girls family to live that area
he is supposedly omnipotent so there are infinite ways he could have intervened without altering any ones free will,at least the three examples I gave are some of them.
You also said and I quote
"if God prevented the wicked from doing evil when they want to do it, then He has necessarily altered their free will."
And then I asked you,if what you said is to be taken literal then that means that if God prevents the wicked(me in this instance) from doing evil(chopping your head off) when they want to do it (on your birthday eve),then he has necessarily altered their free will,and since God doesn't alter free will I can go ahead and chop ur head off ba ?
Is this how u want us to roll ?

1 Like

Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 18, 2019
Akin1212:

So God gave the oppressors and murderers of the girl free will, huh? So God will uphold the freewill of oppressors over saving the oppressed? So God will suppress his own power and ability to help the oppressed because he wants the free will of the oppressors to be used?

Why do you people pray then to save you from your enemies? You want God to suppress the free will of your enemies now so that you can be relieved? You want God to make use of his own power in your case and stop the free will of your enemies from being used?

But when this God shows you people that he doesn't exist, you start looking for excuses and lies to cover up for the non existent God. So much confusion. SMH
Remember that God doesn't respect the so called human logic.
He prefers to be extremely daft or dangerously deranged.
Re: God Is Love ? by Hermes019: 11:49pm On Feb 18, 2019
Akin1212:

Why do you people pray then to save you from your enemies? You want God to suppress the free will of your enemies now so that you can be relieved? You want God to make use of his own power in your case and stop the free will of your enemies from being used?

Christian Apologist can twist arguments u begin to wonder were their humanity went to
Re: God Is Love ? by Hermes019: 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:

1. Same way I discovered oxygen. Same way I discovered my heartbeat.

2. This would require a PhD thesis and even that I suspect would not be enough. What are your features/characteristics/nature?

3. Refer to answer one.
I think at this point there is no point responding to you any longer,no offense
Re: God Is Love ? by Akin1212(m): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Remember that God doesn't respect the so called human logic.
He prefers to be extremely daft or dangerously deranged.

In fact, the matter is a strict case of mental retardation on the part of the people who worship this daft non existent God.
Re: God Is Love ? by Hermes019: 11:55pm On Feb 18, 2019
HellVictorinho:

But the functions must follow an order that is not affected by change pointlessly.
Abeg stop responding to this guy
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 18, 2019
ThothHermes:
Why not enlighten me?
Art is simply a form of expression.
But you don't have to express what is clear or what is already expressed by default.
You can only change its form.
You can't correct the original.
Re: God Is Love ? by Akin1212(m): 11:57pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hermes019:

Christian Apologist can twist arguments u begin to wonder were their humanity went to

Even the way they do with so much confidence is what surprises me. They prefer to turn out as dumb when it comes to God. I once had an argument with a lady who claimed that if it's God's will that a 2 year old girl be raped, it will happen.

Maybe believing in God is synonymous to losing humanity, I don't even get it.

1 Like

Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 12:01am On Feb 19, 2019
Hermes019:

I think at this point there is no point responding to you any longer,no offense
None taken. It takes a brave man to admit his limitations.
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 12:02am On Feb 19, 2019
HellVictorinho:

You're just being Un-Einstein.
Einstein would have asked more complex questions in your shoes.
How can you possibly know what Einstein would have done
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 12:04am On Feb 19, 2019
HellVictorinho:

So this is what "Ultimate reasoning is"
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 19, 2019
ThothHermes:
How can you possibly know what Einstein would have done
Wisdom is priceless..
Read that statement again and take note of "In your shoes"
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 19, 2019
ThothHermes:
It's just part of the summary.
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 19, 2019
ThothHermes:
I have defined it as the highest dimension of LOGIC where Order is constant and Reasoning is faultless.
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 12:15am On Feb 19, 2019
HellVictorinho:
Wisdom is priceless.. Read that statement again and take note of "In your shoes"
Yen yen yen.

God does not play dice with the universe -- A wise man
Stop including his name in your rubbish.
Re: God Is Love ? by Nobody: 12:23am On Feb 19, 2019
ThothHermes:
Yen yen yen.

God does not play dice with the universe -- A wise man

Stop including his name in your rubbish.
Logic is definitely rubbish to you unless it is associated with Einstein.
But you don't even know that Einstein wasn't recognized for always being the most reasonable.
He was recognized for always being among those who preferred to be reasonable.
Re: God Is Love ? by Hermes019: 12:25am On Feb 19, 2019
Seriously Hellvictorinho and Thothhermes,I no even understand wetin una dy talk grin
Re: God Is Love ? by JujuSugar(f): 12:27am On Feb 19, 2019
Hermes019:
Seriously Hellvictorinho and Thothhermes,I no even understand wetin una dy talk grin
As in lol. Bro, I just sidon here dey observe the back and forth since grin grin grin......
Re: God Is Love ? by ThothHermes: 12:38am On Feb 19, 2019
HellVictorinho:

Logic is definitely rubbish to you unless it is associated with Einstein.
Define logic.
But you don't even know that Einstein wasn't recognized for always being the most reasonable.
He was recognized for always being among those who preferred to be reasonable.
Really.

Recognized by who? You?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

400 Pakistani Muslim Men Rape A Woman As Punishment For Not Wearing Hijab / Kim Clement: The Prophet Who Predicted Trump's Victory / Acadip Storms Lagos Island 16 Christian Accept Islam !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.