Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC (17550 Views)

Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC / Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC / We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by olaoreawofele: 1:39pm On Feb 19, 2019
There will always be instances of failure and corruption induced sabotage in a system like ours. These cases should be reported to the authorities. It is just like contractors who collect fees and refuse to execute roads etc. Nevertheless, the school feeding programme is a good one. The pupils, who are the target of the feeding programme, deserve the welfare of the state. The elite had looted since the dawn of the first republic leaving the citizens wallowing in poverty. Simple acts of kindness shown at the elementary schools will go a long way to build trust, hope, loyalty, and dedication in the mind of the pupils. Maybe they will turn out to be more worthy citizens of this nation than the yahoo generations and slay mamas of this era.

Just my thinking bro.

Oma307:

bro I investigated a school in my nearest community who is benefiting from the feeding program and I asked pupils about the feeding and the response is that it has been more than two weeks that the woman have come to the school

1 Like

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Bayo96635: 1:41pm On Feb 19, 2019
[color=#006600][/color] see below

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by graccce: 1:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
olaoreawofele:
There will always be instances of failure and corruption induced sabotage in a system like ours. These cases should be reported to the authorities. It is just like contractors who collect fees and refuse to execute roads etc. Nevertheless, the school feeding programme is a good one. The pupils, who are the target of the feeding programme, deserve the welfare of the state. The elite had looted since the dawn of the first republic leaving the citizens wallowing in poverty. Simple acts of kindness shown at the elementary schools will go a long way to build trust, hope, loyalty, and dedication in the mind of the pupils. Maybe they will turn out to be more worthy citizens of this nation than the yahoo generations and slay mamas of this era.

Just my thinking bro.

well said bro, the feeding programme would have done pretty good to the children because some children don't eat to school as a result that their parents can't afford to get these food for them regularly
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by saintini: 2:07pm On Feb 19, 2019
The Niger state government or local government where those schools are located have responsibility to provide teachers, infrastructure and learning aids for the school.
If they don't want the school feeding program they should with the permission of the parents ask the FG to discontinue the programme. This should free up funds for other states that will gladly embrace it .
soulpeppersoup:

You mean feeding school children is better than having a conducive learn environment with well paid qualified teachers?

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Y shouldn't u tell me? How would I no d schools were d school feeding programme is taking place? Aren't u d one who made this statement? U mean u don't have any information to back up ur claim?

I made a claim or asked you a question?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
Koolking:
Niger NLC? Trivial.

If you check, well the man is PDP. They have a way of belittle projects for the downtrodden without commensurate solutions. Nigeria is not only for the elites.

After 16 woeful years, you still pay minds to PDP and cohorts, it means you are jobless and corrupt.

Try to think, most primary and secondary schools don't have chairs and tables, most students school uniforms are torn, and most of them don't have exercise books
The government should have rather invested in d above listed
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Okoroawusa: 2:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
Federal govt is not the owner of all public schools in Nigeria.

Local n state govts get allocations every month.How do they take care of schools under their control. Last time I checked federal schools are well managed.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:

I made a claim or asked you a question?

That's y I asked u this in return:
lexy2014:

Y shouldn't u tell me? How would I no d schools were d school feeding programme is taking place?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 2:25pm On Feb 19, 2019
You said they should use the money to renovate the schools and i asked if these schools aren't being renovated. It's for you to answer if they are not being renovated, not you asking me if they are.

You started the renovation talk, not me. got it?
lexy2014:

That's y I asked u this in return:

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by djcliff(m): 2:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
yrex01:
This program is the best way to lure student to school in north. In my compound @minna all the kids don't Skip school again bcoz of d food.
Whereas they dont take school serious until this program comes up.

This NLC cef go get sense.
D previous gov we no feed school, how many school dey renovate?
Some pipu just hate to see d poor happy, that's it.
in my own school in Kaduna, d class are lyk toilets people do come and mess d place up. because no fence, gate, door, or even roof. U will c children eating in d class, with poo poo under d desk dey are eating on. Dey don tire to pack shit self.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 2:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:
You said they should use the money to renovate the schools and i asked if these schools aren't being renovated. It's for you to answer if they are not being renovated, not you asking me if they are.

You started the renovation talk, not me. got it?

Can u produce where I stated d above?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Can u produce where I stated d above?
lexy2014:

After luring them to school, d kids sit on d floor, are served food on pieces of paper& hardly learn anything. I doubt if most d "lured" kids even have writing materials

soulpeppersoup:

You mean feeding school children is better than having a conducive learn environment with well paid qualified teachers?

I responded to both yours and that of another person.

Both of you spoke with concluding tones.

You claimed these children sit on the floors and served food on pieces of paper and hardly learn. Can you show us proof to these assertions
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 2:48pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:

You claimed these children sit on the floors and served food on pieces of paper and hardly learn. Can you show us proof to these assertions

How do d things I said now equate to renovation? Or does renovation have another meaning?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Chamber10(m): 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
Elliot2:
NLC is mad. There are thousands of poor pupils out there who don't see food to eat talk less of a good meal. And so those meals provided by the govt is one act of saving them from the untold sufferings. I saw things while serving in Kogi State; it was so bad that I spent d least #500 everyday buying food n snacks for the kids. And in turn, the kids became happier and eager to learn when I taught. We can only sue for transparency and sincerity on the part of the govt in executing d policy.

....why will parents give birth to many children they can't take good care of. Imagine someone who has little means of income having 12 children. How can he take care of them. Govt needs to do a lot of enlightenment in the North. School feeding is not a solution, enlighten them to have fewer children they can cater for
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:

The writer of the report said the fund should have been used to develop infrastructure in the educational sector. Are you more knowledgeable than those principals managing those schools?

Abeg shift!
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 2:53pm On Feb 19, 2019
saintini:
The Niger state government or local government where those schools are located have responsibility to provide teachers, infrastructure and learning aids for the school.
If they don't want the school feeding program they should with the permission of the parents ask the FG to discontinue the programme. This should free up funds for other states that will gladly embrace it .

Really?

Do you even know that primary schools are under the federal government not state/local government? undecided
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Redman44(m): 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2019
The FG should be able to provide a list of all the Schools involved in this School Feeding Program. The list should be broken down State by State and LG by LG. The list should be made available online so that Nigerians can do their investigations. very simple solution that can end doubts and claims about the Program. Cheers.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:

How come Western countries serve food in their various schools? Can't they just eat at home?

Are schools not being renovated? Did the school feeding stop renovation?

How many of those schools have a teacher handling more classes and subjects than required as is the case in your Nigeria?

How many of such schools parade dirty, unattractive classrooms like your Nigerian's?

Do you even know why private schools are having upper hand in admitting more students than public schools all over the country.

School feed program is a useless and corrupt program. It's a waste of our collective resources.

It's a display of lack of critical thinking to solving Nigerian problem.

If school feeding program can't reduce the number of pupil going for private schools, it's a useless program.

1 Like

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 3:09pm On Feb 19, 2019
The school feeding program was created to encourage pupils who would normally not go to school and also make the parents send them to school.

Remember most of the public schools are free. That some of these schools are not up to standard shouldn't erase the purpose of school feeding.

We have 3 levels of public schools, Local government, State and Federal public schools (I hope you know this?), so it's best to channel your questions to the appropriate quarters.

Which of the schools are lacking in all that you have said? now, who are incharge and what have you done towards making them sit up?

Most federal schools are up to standard, can't say of states and local though.

This program is actually for all public schools though.

School feeding is not a bad policy, let it continue while those in charge of fixing the other stuffs you raised are made to face their jobs@
soulpeppersoup:

How many of those schools have a teacher handling more classes and subjects than required as is the case in your Nigeria?

How many of such schools parade dirty, unattractive classrooms like your Nigerian's?

Do you even know why private schools are having upper hand in admitting more students than public schools all over the country.

School feed program is a useless and corrupt program. It's a waste of our collective resources.

If school feeding program can't reduce the number of pupil going for private schools, it's a useless program.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2019
The writer is not a principal (Watch how you lie), and even if he or she is, is he or she angry that they haven't allowed them access to the free funds they normally steal as government workers or what?

When there was no school feeding, what did these same "school principals" did with funds at their disposals?
soulpeppersoup:

The writer of the report said the fund should have been used to develop infrastructure in the educational sector. Are you more knowledgeable than those principals managing those schools?

Abeg shift!

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 3:12pm On Feb 19, 2019
Not having chairs to sit on or plates to serve pupils with would be under what please if not renovation?

lexy2014:

How do d things I said now equate to renovation? Or does renovation have another meaning?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Ihateyoumod: 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
Talking about structures thts d job of the state not the fg......its so easy to spot a partisan person dem no dey use sense talk
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by deomelo: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
Sirjamo:
NLC Chairman that's always dinning at expensive restaurants will not know the impact of the school feeding program.

The children's parents are in the best position to assess the program, not an elite whose children are probably living and schooling in America.

Post of the day.

Salute.........
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 3:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

In a vain country where everyone wants to prove that they are better than their neighbor, you don't expect private schools not to boom even though most of the products aren't that far away from their counterpart in productivity.

The program is to lure those who can't afford even public education to schools, not those forming big men attending private schools even with outright dull kids.

1 Like

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Redman44(m): 3:16pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

In Europe, school meals are not free. Don't be deceived. The Councils in England are in charge of the Free Meals to children of parents who are unemployed or physically or mentally challenged. This is the category of children that are given free meals in public schools in the western world. Other students and pupils pay for their meals on a termly basis or they are given money by their parents to buy snacks and food from the well stocked Canteens in their schools. Cheers.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Ihateyoumod: 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Abeg shift!

Some of u just come online to show how ignorant u r. Is it the duty of the FG to develop the infrastructure of schs owned by the state, is it the duty of d FG to provide teachers for these state and local govt owned schs......y not channel ur grievance to those who budget money for these things and yet do nothing.

Let me tell u something I know, I was teaching in a govt primary sch way back, govt released funds to build a befitting structure for the school, I saw d plan it was supposed to be a two story building, guess what these guys did, the supervisor, contractor did d foundation to support what was on the plan, but when they were about to finish the ground floor, they changed their mind and roofed it. Tht is how tht sch remains til today. They ate the remaining money and nothing was done. Left for someone like u, u will blame buhari and his sch feeding program.....god is watching u oh
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:

In a vain country where everyone wants to prove that they are better than their neighbor, you don't expect private schools not to boom even though most of the products aren't that far away from their counterpart in productivity.

The program is to lure those who can't afford even public education to schools, not those forming big men attending private schools even with outright dull kids.

I can tell you first hand that majority send their children to private schools because public school are not serious about teaching because there is hardly anyone to monitor and force them to work.

Public schools in Nigeria like every other public institution: very useless.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by deomelo: 3:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ihateyoumod:

Some of u just come online to show how ignorant u r. Is it the duty of the FG to develop the infrastructure of schs owned by the state, is it the duty of d FG to provide teachers for these state and local govt owned schs......y not channel ur grievance to those who budget money for these things and yet do nothing.

Let me tell u something I know, I was teaching in a govt primary sch way back, govt released funds to build a befitting structure for the school, I saw d plan it was supposed to be a two story building, guess what these guys did, the supervisor, contractor did d foundation to support what was on the plan, but when they were about to finish the ground floor, they changed their mind and roofed it. Tht is how tht sch remains til today. They ate the remaining money and nothing was done. Left for someone like u, u will blame buhari and his sch feeding program.....god is watching u oh

Many of them are just too ignorant for their own good.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 3:32pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:
Not having chairs to sit on or plates to serve pupils with would be under what please if not renovation?

Wow...so its renovation that provides kids with chairs with which to sit& plates with which to eat. That's amazing. Pls do a quick check in ur dictionary to get d meaning of renovation so we are on d same page
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ihateyoumod:

Primary schools are taken care of by the federal government not state. Teachers in primary schools are paid by the federal government.

Those guys that ate the money are not to blame but the government institution that couldn't supervise to see if the job was done according to specifications.

More blame to the teachers in that school including you who couldn't reach out to the right authority but here telling us cock and bull story.

School feeding program is a big misplaced priority.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victory Rally: Governor Ahmadu Umaru Fintiri Celebrated In Style In Yola(Photos) / SW Leaders To Meet Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fayemi, Amosun In Lagos Over 2023 Election / APC Governors Are Suing Buhari, PDP Governors Are Supporting Him - Akinkuotu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.