Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,202 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC (17555 Views)

Obi Free To Leave LP, Says NLC / Obasanjo Accuses Buhari Of Corruption, Says He Tampered With EFCC And ICPC / We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Ihateyoumod: 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Primary schools are taken care of by the federal government not state. Teachers in primary schools are paid by the federal government.

Those guys that ate the money are not to blame but the government institution that couldn't supervise to see if the job was done according to specifications.

More blame to the teachers in that school including you who couldn't reach out to the right authority but here telling us cock and bull story.

School feeding program is a big misplaced priority.

Stop lying schools owned by the state are paid by state govt....I was a Lagos state govt teacher for years I was paid by Lagos state govt. Only God knows where u got tht info
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:40pm On Feb 19, 2019
Slynation:
We all know....!! I have said this countless times here on NL
A little research shows the kids in most public schools are fed with watery tea and 3pieces of biscuit on an average of 3times per term yet billions of naira are allocated fraudulently for this purpose.....!!

Buhari is really fighting Kwaraption instead of Corruption....!!
Arewa readily comes to mind, if you see the kain pap and akara wey Dem dey serve those children you go think say Dem be Almajiris...
But wetin I even know sef.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Slynation(m): 3:45pm On Feb 19, 2019
NamelessOGBENI:

Arewa readily comes to mind, if you see the kain pap and akara wey Dem dey serve those children you go think say Dem be Almajiris...
But wetin I even know sef.
Lol....This project is absolutely inconsequential and uncalled for, it's better left undone
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
Redman44:

In Europe, school meals are not free. Don't be deceived. The Councils in England are in charge of the Free Meals to children of parents who are unemployed or physically or mentally challenged. This is the category of children that are given free meals in public schools in the western world. Other students and pupils pay for their meals on a termly basis or they are given money by their parents to buy snacks and food from the well stocked Canteens in their schools. Cheers.

Uninformed person here said is free just to encourage mediocrity.

There are a lot of ways to bring children to school without giving them food.

Children like learning in a fun environment. You don't beg children to come play ball or games. There are a lot of creative educational games and attractive teaching equipment that can attract children to school.

Staff the schools well and paid the teachers well and see them give their best.

Teaching has been reduced to a no do well profession in Nigeria. People look at teachers like riff raff because of the way government treat the educational institution.

It's a big shame.

1 Like

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Guidedee(m): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
psalmsmiles:
it`s no news that the current administration has nothing to offer to the good people of Nigeria.. Even the blind can see that buhari has failed himself! Its time we rise in "power" to change the change, its time we get atikulated
YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE MEANING OF WHAT YOU TYPED.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2019
Ihateyoumod:

Stop lying schools owned by the state are paid by state govt....I was a Lagos state govt teacher for years I was paid by Lagos state govt. Only God knows where u got tht info

Primary is owned and funded by the federal government while secondary schools are taken care of by state.

Where did you teach?

Primary or secondary?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 3:59pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Primary is owned and funded by the federal government while secondary schools are taken care of by state.

Where did you teach?

Primary or secondary?

Primary school education is d exclusive preserve of L.G. I doubt if that has been changed
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by chinchum(m): 4:26pm On Feb 19, 2019
"We agree today that the Federal Government should stop school feeding. Everybody feeds his child before taking them to school.”

what a fallacy ! coming from a Northerner whose region has a higher rate of malnutrition in the country compared to the south. He appears to have been bought! Foot in the mouth disease. It is one thing to oppose the programme , it is another to give a very foolish statement
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Oblang(m): 4:41pm On Feb 19, 2019
DaSmite:

When someone makes a statement of fact, some deranged and brainless fagots will try to rubbish it, all in the name of "blind" followership and misplaced trust.

That is why the North has refused to grow with the other regions after so much money being pumped in there.

And the imp @VP that goes around sharing money will soon bite the dust of defeat ad shame...

Shouting "sai baba", NEXT LEVEL of INCOMPETENCE and divisive tendencies will do nothing to keep what is coming to them....

All saibabarians can shout all they want. They only have one thing in common: Delusion

Previous govt that didn't feed students, how many schools did they build? What is the work of the state govt if fg should be building primary schools...
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Oblang(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Pls which schools are being renovated & who is doing d renovation?

What is the work of a state govt? School feeding is done by the fg while state govt is responsible for renovating schools. Was there no school feeding when Aregbe was renovating many schools in Osun?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by NextBuhari: 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2019
Koolking:
Niger NLC? Trivial.

If you check, well the man is PDP. They have a way of belittle projects for the downtrodden without commensurate solutions. Nigeria is not only for the elites.

After 16 woeful years, you still pay minds to PDP and cohorts, it means you are jobless and corrupt..

This is why the political elite hate Buhari passionately. The poor masses will be the biggest casualties. I blame this on mass national ignorane
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Koolking(m): 4:47pm On Feb 19, 2019
otuekong1:

Try to think, most primary and secondary schools don't have chairs and tables, most students school uniforms are torn, and most of them don't have exercise books
The government should have rather invested in d above listed

Primary and secondary schools are the direct responsibility of states. Federal govt feeding program is to help boost enrollment and take the burden of feeding children from parents.

The program is one of the best programs [targeted at the poor] embarked upon the federal govt.

Most of our grievances should be directed towards states.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Koolking(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2019
NextBuhari:
This is why the political elite hate Buhari passionately. The poor masses will be the biggest casualties. I blame this on mass national ignorane

Most of them have no idea what they are in for with Atiku. They ignorantly shout atikulate. I wish we could always see the glimpse of the future in cinema-like form, they would be amazed that an Atiku presidency would engender and re-enforces elitist nation, far cry from the yearnings of the common man. Nigerians will never learn from history.

God forbid!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Deboemman: 4:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

You mean feeding school children is better than having a conducive learn environment with well paid qualified teachers?

The Nigerian public schools has qualified teachers,the only necessary thing is for a conducive environment.Feeding school children isn't bad after all coz many primary school children doesn't take breakfast before they come to school.FACT.Teachers could attest to that and that's the high rate of poverty that is in the land.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by mechanics(m): 5:01pm On Feb 19, 2019
He's right.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by justtoodark: 5:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:
The writer is not a principal (Watch how you lie), and even if he or she is, is he or she angry that they haven't allowed them access to the free funds they normally steal as government workers or what?

When there was no school feeding, what did these same "school principals" did with funds at their disposals?

exactly....even before this feedin program,the schools were already in bad shape....
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 5:22pm On Feb 19, 2019
lexy2014:

Wow...so its renovation that provides kids with chairs with which to sit& plates with which to eat. That's amazing. Pls do a quick check in ur dictionary to get d meaning of renovation so we are on d same page
you didn't answer the question.

BTW, no school gets built without chairs.

When the school dilapidate + infrastructures inside, only renovation can return it back to close to new.

If replacing broken down facilities, amenities is not renovation, please what is it?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by somehow: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

I can tell you first hand that majority send their children to private schools because public school are not serious about teaching because there is hardly anyone to monitor and force them to work.

Public schools in Nigeria like every other public institution: very useless.

School feeding program is not for the rich and affluent. It's for the down throddens.

Enough said.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 19, 2019
Koolking:

Primary and secondary schools are the direct responsibility of states. Federal govt feeding program is to help boost enrollment and take the burden of feeding children from parents.

The program is one of the best programs [targeted at the poor] embarked upon the federal govt.

Most of our grievances should be directed towards states.
Yes primary n secondary schools are now the responsibility of the the state government,but fg is sponsoring school feeding programmes, that huge resources could have be used in upgrading our schools
Mind you standard of education still hasn't improved
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Ifedinma2020: 5:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
Is total waste of resources

For your free betting daily tips use dis link

https:///EdSVy8aC2sT8vZ9dyRX2DQ
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:
you didn't answer the question.

BTW, no school gets built without chairs.

When the school dilapidate + infrastructures inside, only renovation can return it back to close to new.

If replacing broken down facilities, amenities is not renovation, please what is it?

And providing plates 4 children to eat still falls under renovation, right? Lets isolate d items. Lets assume d school building isn't dilapidated but there are no chairs. If chairs are provided is that renovation? Bros, pls once again, look at ur dictionary very well 4d meaning of renovation. Cos u don't seem 2no d meaning
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Feb 19, 2019
Oblang:

What is the work of a state govt? School feeding is done by the fg while state govt is responsible for renovating schools. Was there no school feeding when Aregbe was renovating many schools in Osun?

Oga, pls permit me to repeat my question.

"Pls which schools are being renovated & who is doing d renovation?"
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Koolking(m): 6:01pm On Feb 19, 2019
otuekong1:

Yes primary n secondary schools are now the responsibility of the the state government,but fg is sponsoring school feeding programmes, that huge resources could have be used in upgrading our schools
Mind you standard of education still hasn't improved

It's been entrenched in the constitution as states responsibility. However, monthly allocations to states, bailout to states, 13% derivations to oil producing states, UBEC fund, corporations (like Mobile, Shell, NNPC) supports to states, etc, what have the states used them for? State governors have more questions than federal govt.

Holding states accountable is more responsible.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Donwis05: 6:04pm On Feb 19, 2019
Corruption in this evil government cannot be quantified...
But I thank God that in less than 4days they will meet their waterloo and we'll know how they hv siphoned this country's treasury...
Nothing hidden under the sun dt cannot be revealed
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Donwis05: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
Koolking:
Niger NLC? Trivial.

If you check, well the man is PDP. They have a way of belittle projects for the downtrodden without commensurate solutions. Nigeria is not only for the elites.

After 16 woeful years, you still pay minds to PDP and cohorts, it means you are jobless and corrupt.

Mental slavery is the highest level of servitude
When will you be liberated form this sickness?
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Redman44(m): 6:14pm On Feb 19, 2019
Great Thread smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley. I am learning.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 19, 2019
Salvador1:
Corruption everywhere
I don't know why you are carrying bag
You are not going anywhere
We will all stay here and fight the kwaruption together
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by chozzy: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2019
Racoon:
APC thinks everyone is a dumbass zombie in Nigeria.
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by lexy2014: 8:28pm On Feb 19, 2019
somehow:

I responded to both yours and that of another person.

Both of you spoke with concluding tones.

You claimed these children sit on the floors and served food on pieces of paper and hardly learn. Can you show us proof to these assertions

MatthAnn:

I don't know why you are carrying bag
You are not going anywhere
We will all stay here and fight the kwaruption together

https://www.nairaland.com/4543696/pupils-being-fed-pieces-paper

I hope this settles d concerns u raised earlier. Pls look at d pictures& c d quality of d food. Am sure d story below will shed light on y.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/school-feeding-n35-not-enough-for-quality-meal-vendors/
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Ihateyoumod: 12:57am On Feb 20, 2019
soulpeppersoup:

Where did you teach?

Primary or secondary?

Primary, dnt tell me what I know
Re: School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 20, 2019
Koolking:

It's been entrenched in the constitution as states responsibility. However, monthly allocations to states, bailout to states, 13% derivations to oil producing states, UBEC fund, corporations (like Mobile, Shell, NNPC) supports to states, etc, what have the states used them for? State governors have more questions than federal govt.

Holding states accountable is more responsible.
Yeah I agree but the feeding programme is a waste of limited �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASG Commissions 120 Patrol Vehicles, 35 Patrol Motorcycles (More Photos) / Abia To Pay Compensation For Land For Airport Project / Supporters Of A Northern Muslim As Senate President Don't Love Nigeria - Jibrin

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.