Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,988 members, 7,956,686 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U (6920 Views)

Ask For The Eatery Or Dating Location. Some Boys Are Either Broke, Senseless. / Ekpe Akpove: Wedding Pictures Of The Man Who Married 2 Ladies In Delta State / Marrying Or Dating Someone Because They Are Rich Is Same As Prostitution – Moyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 9:03am On Feb 20, 2019
I'm about getting married to a Delta girl in few months time.
So I made my research concerning Deltans, their cultures, marriage traditions etc.

During my research I discovered:

1. When a Detlan wife dies, she is not buried in her husband's place. She is buried in her father's place.

2. When a Deltan wife cheats on her husband, her husband's businesses fall.

Pls I need to know more about this tribe. Someone here help me plss..

2 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by mrblessed(m): 9:22am On Feb 20, 2019
I would have ignore this tread if you didn't questionably call yourself "GreatResearcher." You even add salt to injury by providing the products of your flawed, misinforming, misleading, and unhelpful "research." Nigeria is a badly created contraption; an apotheosis of British greed and self-fishness. Hence, what you mistakenly conceive as monolithic culture/ethnic group of a hypothetical Delta community/state -- just like Nigeria -- is apparently a product of your fickle imagination.

I think you should state the ethnic group of your would-be wife in Delta state, then you will get the answer you need.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by BabbanBura(m): 9:25am On Feb 20, 2019
mrblessed:
I would have ignore this tread if you didn't questionably call yourself "GreatResearcher." You even add salt to injury by providing the products of your flawed, misinforming, misleading, and unhelpful "research." Nigeria is a badly created contraption; an apotheosis of British greed and self-fishness. Hence, what you mistakenly conceive as monolithic culture/ethnic group of a hypothetical Delta community/state -- just like Nigeria -- is apparently a product of your fickle imagination.

I think you should state the ethnic group of your would-be wife in Delta state, then you will get the answer you need.

Your point is right but the sides are unnecessary and immature

4 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 20, 2019
If u are staying in a rented apartment where do u want bury ur wife's dead body...in one of the rooms??
And if u by some chance stay in ur own crib with alot of space to bury ur ex-wife...is there some kind of advantage with who keeps the corpse....it's gonna be in the ground anyways...is it not the memory shared that matters and remains in ur heart forever??...

But come first....u are just getting married..why the morbid thinking at this early stage....

8 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 10:02am On Feb 20, 2019
mrblessed:

Urhobo.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by mrblessed(m): 10:22am On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Urhobo.
I cannot speak with certainity regarding this issue since I am not from Urhobo ethnic group. However, a post I saw on this platform, made in 2013, says an adulturous wife can bring fatal consequences to/upon the children and the husband, if she conceals her evil deeds.

Still, you need to do thorough investigation to be sure of what you are getting into. Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by jericco1(m): 10:52am On Feb 20, 2019
I'm a Deltan but I am not understanding this your generalization

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Biglittlelois(f): 11:05am On Feb 20, 2019
Cc.onesentence
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by mrblessed(m): 11:29am On Feb 20, 2019
[quote author=mrblessed post=75919244] I cannot speak with certainity regarding this issue since I am not from Urhobo ethnic group. However, a post I saw on this platform, made in 2013, says an adulturous wife can bring fatal consequences to/upon the children and the husband, if she conceals her evil deeds.

Still, you need to do thorough investigation to be sure of what you are getting into. Cheers!

Postcript: I had just conversed with an elderly colleague who is from Urhobo ethnic group. He confirmed your anxieties as valid and appropriate, if the husband knows about the wife's flirtatious disposition but decides to keep mum. Consequences can range from death of children, economic hardship and difficulty for the man, and ultimately, his death. The same fate, however, awaits the woman.

He told me an anecdote that happened years ago between his wife and a man in the market. He said a man accidentally struck the backside of his wife, and was almost lynched by a horde of insanely exasperated women who accused him of intentionally abusing a married woman. He said his wife had to tell him everything that transpired to avoid incurring the wrath of the land.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by ShinqRambq: 12:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
O.P numba 2 is wrong,wen a woman cheats and she serves food to her husband,if he eats it,both imsef and his kids will die.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by sacx: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
OP are you a traditionalist? Point 2 reeks of superstition. However, point 1 is valid.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
sacx:
OP are you a traditionalist? Point 2 reeks of superstition. However, point 1 is valid.
Am not a traditionalist but I respect people's tradtions and belif
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 1:34pm On Feb 20, 2019
jericco1:
I'm a Deltan but I am not understanding this your generalization
I will be gettin married to an Urhobo girl in few months time. I made enquires about Delta and their marriage traditions. I was told those two things I posted earlier.
Am not interested in No1 bcus d marriage is not forever. We will seperate few years after wedding. What am concerned abt is that No2 and if there's any other thing one should we weary of..
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2019
[quote author=mrblessed post=75921399][/quote]Thank u sir
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 1:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
1StopRudeness:
If u are staying in a rented apartment where do u want bury ur wife's dead body...in one of the rooms??
And if u by some chance stay in ur own crib with alot of space to bury ur ex-wife...is there some kind of advantage with who keeps the corpse....it's gonna be in the ground anyways...is it not the memory shared that matters and remains in ur heart forever??...

But come first....u are just getting married..why the morbid thinking at this early stage....
Have u ever heard this statement 'Look Before You Leap'?
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 1:39pm On Feb 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Cc.onesentence
see how u have allowed someone to take ur place. Just bcus u care much about what people say than what u say.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

I will be gettin married to an Urhobo girl in few months time. I made enquires about Delta and their marriage traditions. I was told those two things I posted earlier.
Am not interested in No1 bcus d marriage is not forever. We will seperate few years after wedding. What am concerned abt is that No2 and if there's any other thing one should we weary of..
Separate after few years? Hope she is aware of this? I would like to know Ur reasons tho, thats if u Dont mind

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Have u ever heard this statement 'Look Before You Leap'?

lookimg before ur leap is fine...but What u are looking into seems really wired....I may understand that Nigerians are a bit superstitious hence the need for ur number two research...

.but number one creeps the hell out of me...it's a bit too early to start thinking about the death of a woman u about to get married to....let alone how and where she's gonna be burried......mayb it's just me though
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 1:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
gloria34:
Separate after few years? Hope she is aware of this? I would like to know Ur reasons tho, thats if u Dont mind
She's fully aware of it. It's a contract marriage which is meant to last for few years.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nixiepie(f): 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
I'm from delta state isoko to be precise, this tradition is only applicable to people who are Of the same ethnic group, and yes is very potent from where I come frm

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
She's fully aware of it. It's a contract marriage which is meant to last for few years.
Ok
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by DMerciful(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
At Op,if you want to marry pls do, if you don't want then don't!
Whatever you're looking for you will find!
I'm from Delta and married to a Delta btw
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 2:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
1StopRudeness:

lookimg before ur leap is fine...but What u are looking into seems really wired....I may understand that Nigerians are a bit superstitious hence the need for ur number two research...

.but number one creeps the hell out of me...it's a bit too early to start thinking about the death of a woman u about to get married to....let alone how and where she's gonna be burried......mayb it's just me though
I actually wasnt thinking of death. Since I'll be gettin married to a Delta girl soonest, I called up few people I know from Delta and asked them how Delta marriage is done.

Most of them told me about these two things I've posted. I really don't care where a girl is buried.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2019
1StopRudeness:

I actually wasnt thinking of death. Since I'll be gettin married to a Delta girl soonest, I called up few people I know from Delta and asked them how Delta marriage is done.

Most of them told me about these two things I've posted. I really don't care where a girl is buried. I came here to ask if there are other things apart from these two.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2019
DMerciful:
At Op,if you want to marry pls do, if you don't want then don't!
Whatever you're looking for you will find!
I'm from Delta and married to a Delta btw
Thanks
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 2:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nixiepie:
I'm from delta state isoko to be precise, this tradition is only applicable to people who are Of the same ethnic group, and yes is very potent from where I come frm
Does ur tradition allows divorce? Who goes with the baby after divorce.? Am told bride price will be refund.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nixiepie(f): 2:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Does ur tradition allows divorce? Who goes with the baby after divorce.? Am told bride price will be refund.
yes it allows refund and divorce,

Depends on the age of the Baby and the couple's agreement

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by abiolamitodun(m): 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I'm about getting married to a Delta girl in few months time.
So I made my research concerning Deltans, their cultures, marriage traditions etc.

During my research I discovered:

1. When a Detlan wife dies, she is not buried in her husband's place. She is buried in her father's place.

2. When a Deltan wife cheats on her husband, her husband's businesses fall.

Pls I need to know more about this tribe. Someone here help me plss..

im from delta the num 1 ive never heard of....the num2 is true but might not only affects his bussiness alone atimes some other things attached to him. i tink its some kind of curse

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 3:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
abiolamitodun:

im from delta the num 1 ive never heard of....the num2 is true but might not only affects his bussiness alone atimes some other things attached to him. i tink its some kind of curse
The only reason I want to marry is to have my businesses and properties secured. And Urhobo girl gappens to be the girl I want to marry.
Was Ishilove right by saying am digging my grave?

The shits I hear about Urhobo girls is scary
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by moderatedguy: 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
OP is looking for an excuse to ditch the bride.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Ishilove: 3:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by minexpo(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
Well....op let me try to help you with my own little information
Well....it's true that when an urhobo woman dies, she's buried in her father's compound. ....because they don't belive she was sold when her bride price was paid..
And secondly if she cheats..the husband dies if he sleeps or eat her food with her not confessing....
But hey !! They are the sweetest... cool
Enough starch and banga soup
And they are loyal...that doesn't mean they are all good

I wish you all the best cool cool

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stripper Pole Dancing Goes Badly Wrong (graphic) / Knacking Festival In Ghana�(video) / Who Should Seat At The Front Seat: Your Girl Friend Or Best Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.