Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,829 members, 7,956,147 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U (6919 Views)

Ask For The Eatery Or Dating Location. Some Boys Are Either Broke, Senseless. / Ekpe Akpove: Wedding Pictures Of The Man Who Married 2 Ladies In Delta State / Marrying Or Dating Someone Because They Are Rich Is Same As Prostitution – Moyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by abiolamitodun(m): 3:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
The only reason I want to marry is to have my businesses and properties secured. And Urhobo girl gappens to be the girl I want to marry.
Was Ishilove right by saying am digging my grave?

The shits I hear about Urhobo girls is scary
wel i dont know much about them but al i noticed about urhobo girls is that they are very quiet at first time and very stuburn
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Ishilove: 3:28pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I'm about getting married to a Delta girl in few months time.
So I made my research concerning Deltans, their cultures, marriage traditions etc.

During my research I discovered:

1. When a Detlan wife dies, she is not buried in her husband's place. She is buried in her father's place.
True.

2. When a Deltan wife cheats on her husband, her husband's businesses fall.
That is a fallacy. It is like saying Yoruba men are promiscuous in nature (I have been hearing this a long time)
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by sacx: 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Am not a traditionalist but I respect people's tradtions and belif

Oh yeah? The notion that a cheating spouse would bring bad luck to an innocent partner is a product of superstitions held by traditionalists. If you are not one, you can rid yourself of that mentality.

2 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Biglittlelois(f): 3:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
see how u have allowed someone to take ur place. Just bcus u care much about what people say than what u say.

What a conclusion, seems like you're not happy settling down with a delta lady lol, dude I don't care about what people say cos no one knows me here, I don't want a contract marriage cos I have a man in my life, I'd never be in a union cos of money.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by ThothHermes: 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

I will be gettin married to an Urhobo girl in few months time. I made enquires about Delta and their marriage traditions. I was told those two things I posted earlier.
Am not interested in No1 bcus d marriage is not forever. We will seperate few years after wedding. What am concerned abt is that No2 and if there's any other thing one should we weary of..
I thought you were atheist?

2 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
If you marry her and divorce and she gets it from another, that your inheritance that you've schemed so hard to acquire might just fly away. You know those gods no dey send divorce... Divorce no dey their dictionary.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
ThothHermes:
I tire o. I doubt we have pure atheists in Nigeria.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 4:27pm On Feb 20, 2019
minexpo:
Well....op let me try to help you with my own little information
Well....it's true that when an urhobo woman dies, she's buried in her father's compound. ....because they don't belive she was sold when her bride price was paid..
And secondly if she cheats..the husband dies if he sleeps or eat her food with her not confessing....
But hey !! They are the sweetest... cool
Enough starch and banga soup
And they are loyal...that doesn't mean they are all good

I wish you all the best cool cool
buhariski says otherwise
buhariski:
now days urhobo girls cheat a lot and that believe saying the husband will b under spell is very true. but now days girls no dey fear again oo.Urhobo girls no dey love oo. they are gold diggers all of them. op just marry from ur tribe and have peace of mind. pls do not ignore this warning. their marriage do not last long if I dey lie enter street make you try observed well u go see say broken marriage plenty 4 DAT side. places like oghara , ethiope west, thiope east sapele ughelli pls beware of girls from those places. During my stay in delta state I have heard and see count less number of cases where the husband is fathering another man child without even knowing. urhobo girls are very lazy they believed they can use what they have to survive. I wil chose a Yoruba girl over urhobo girl anytime and anyday, even though they have their own bad side.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2019
ThothHermes:
Being an atheist does not mean I should disrexpect people's belif and traditions.

If a tradition says a wife should kneel to greet her husband or she dies, I can say bcus I don't believe in such tradition therefore a wife should snub it.

Atheist are cool and law abiding people.

We are not rude people.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
I tire o. I doubt we have pure atheists in Nigeria.
u for even say atheist no dey marry since marriage was bore out some stupid belif.

Atheist are not outlaws. Got it?
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by ThothHermes: 4:42pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Being an atheist does not mean I should disrexpect people's belif and traditions.

If a tradition says a wife should kneel to greet her husband or she dies, I can say bcus I don't believe in such tradition therefore a wife should snub it.

Atheist are cool and law abiding people.

We are not rude people.
You sound like you are scared of superstitions.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Maduawuchukwu(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
ThothHermes:

I think so too. I think he is not a hardcore atheist. It has different levels just like religiosity.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 4:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
ThothHermes:

If am the type that get scared of superstitions then I wouldn't have slept in the same room with my late dad.

I opened this thread to ask Deltans, people married to Deltans and the ones dating Deltans what one should expect when getting involved with a Deltan.

I made my research and what I was told was the two things I posted here.

I was more concerned about divorce, who takes possession of the child when divorce. And not some dead persons..
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
1StopRudeness:
If u are staying in a rented apartment where do u want bury ur wife's dead body...in one of the rooms??
And if u by some chance stay in ur own crib with alot of space to bury ur ex-wife...is there some kind of advantage with who keeps the corpse....it's gonna be in the ground anyways...is it not the memory shared that matters and remains in ur heart forever??...

But come first....u are just getting married..why the morbid thinking at this early stage....
oil dey ur head jorcheesy. Someone is about getting married and all that is most important to him is where his wfe's corpse will be buried.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 5:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
lefulefu:
oil dey ur head jorcheesy. Someone is about getting married and all that is most important to him is where his wfe's corpse will be buried.
U all really misunderstood the thread. I said I want to marry a Deltan so I made research to know what to expect esp since we wont last forever. Wether their tradition allows divorce and who goes with the child.

People I made told me about these two things I posted here and since I wanted knowing more of what to expect I opened this thread.

I didnt say I was worried about where my wife will be buried. If u check my thread at family section u will see where I said that I care less if she is buried in a forest.

Why will I be thinking about where my wife will be buried wen we wont sstay more dan 5yrs in marriage?

The thread was for Deltans to tell me what to expect esp in d aspect of divorce and possession of the child. Someone told me d bride price will be refund. Does that mean child will be collected? This is where my worry is and not some dead persons
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
U all really misunderstood the thread. I said I want to marry a Deltan so I made research to know what to expect esp since we wont last forever. Wether their tradition allows divorce and who goes with the child.

People I made told me about these two things I posted here and since I wanted knowing more of what to expect I opened this thread.

I didnt say I was worried about where my wife will be buried. If u check my thread at family section u will see where I said that I care less if she is buried in a forest.

Why will I be thinking about where my wife will be buried wen we wont sstay more dan 5yrs in marriage?

The thread was for Deltans to tell me what to expect esp in d aspect of divorce and possession of the child. Someone told me d bride price will be refund. Does that mean child will be collected? This is where my worry is and not some dead persons
ohh ok u worrying about how deltans handle d custody of a child and bride price wen partners seperate. Was thinking u worrying about were to bury ur wife in d future cos dat sounds kinda creepycheesy. U did not specify d niger delta tribe. Is it ijaw,itsekiri or uhrobos u more concerned abt? Cc divay22 come an help a brothercheesy.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
lefulefu:

People I met told me about these two things I posted here and since I wanted knowing more of what to expect I opened this thread.

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
lefulefu:
ohh ok u worrying about how deltans handle d custody of a child and bride price wen partners seperate. Was thinking u worrying about were to bury ur wife in d future cos dat sounds kinda creepycheesy. U did not specify d niger delta tribe. Is it ijaw,itsekiri or uhrobos u more concerned abt? Cc divay22 come an help a brothercheesy.
she is Urhobo.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
Ishilove:
Is your comment I rush here to read only for you to
drop this.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by IVORY2009(m): 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2019
shocked shocked
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Efewestern: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
So I made my research concerning Deltans, their cultures, marriage traditions etc.

1. When a Detlan wife dies, she is not buried in her husband's place. She is buried in her father's place.

Pls I need to know more about this tribe. Someone here help me plss..

Marrying from Delta state is the best choice one can ever make in his life, before I start, I would love to remind you that Delta state is Multi ethnic, with different ethnic groups occupying the state, but shares so many similarities, most especially Between the Urhobos/Isokos and their Itsekiri & Ijo brothers.

In Urhobo land, when you marry our daughter, it is believed we aren't selling her out, Our birth price isn't more than #120, so if anything happens to her, you are expected to bring her back home and explain to us when and how she died.

We don't joke with infidelity in our land, once a Woman cheats, There's high probability that either her child or her husband will die, Our ladies are aware of this, so infidelity within our ladies is very very low.

Our women are also very hardworking, hardly do that rely on any man for money, they can work even better than some men, they are the real definition of a Black woman.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by olaife80: 6:41pm On Feb 20, 2019
Efewestern:

Marrying from Delta state is the best choice one can ever make in his life, before I start, I would love to remind you that Delta state is Multi ethnic, with different ethnic groups occupying the state, but shares so many similarities, most especially Between the Urhobos/Isokos and their Itsekiri & Ijo brothers.

In Urhobo land, when you marry our daughter, it is believed we aren't selling her out, Our birth price isn't more than #120, so if anything happens to her, you are expected to bring her back home and explain to us when and how she died.

We don't joke with infidelity in our land, once a Woman cheats, There's high probability that either her child or her husband will die, Our ladies are aware of this, so infidelity within our ladies is very very low.

Our women are also very hardworking, hardly do that rely on any man for money, they can work even better than some men, they are the real definition of a Black woman.

She cheat her husband die! Which kind awkward talk is this. So someone will die of her promiscuity? You all should stop all these fables its irritating.. haha..

2 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by ken6488(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

only for the urobos
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by minexpo(m): 6:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

buhariski says otherwise
so you are telling me that women in other tribe don't cheat?? undecided it's your fiancee we are talking about...are you doubting her faithfulness? Well like I have said.. there are cool unless you are saying you don't love her...
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by spiralwedge(m): 6:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
Oga, you are not mentally fit to marry yet. What is Deltans? This tribe... Is Delta a tribe? Delta is just a State. An administrative district. Most states have more than one tribes.
By the way delta is the a term in geography used to describe the place a major river splits into many just as it is joining the ocean or sea or a bigger river.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by minexpo(m): 6:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
olaife80:

She cheat her husband die! Which kind awkward talk is this. So someone will die of her promiscuity? You all should stop all these fables its irritating.. haha..
bro it's not a fable..I have witnessed it...she cheated and her husband fell sick terribly...the husband was taken to different hospital but they could not find what was wrong...not until they started questioning the wife...she confessed and some rituals was made ...
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Efewestern: 7:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
olaife80:

Doesn't necessarily mean the husband will die, but something bad might happen to that home. That's the culture and traditions here and besides they no longer do the right thing again, when marrying an Urhobo lady, the man is expected to perform some stuffs but 90% always omit this, citing some silly excuses, like I'm a Christian, bla bla bla
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 7:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
spiralwedge:
Oga, you are not mentally fit to marry yet. What is Deltans? This tribe... Is Delta a tribe? Delta is just a State. An administrative district. Most states have more than one tribes.
By the way delta is the a term in geography used to describe the place a major river splits into many just as it is joining the ocean or sea or a bigger river.
yes am not mentally ready for marriage that's why I opted for contract marriage.

2 Likes

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:
Cc.onesentence
hmmmm...I've heard these things too. that's why delta and edo girls think twice before they cheat.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by reservd(m): 7:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Efewestern:

Doesn't necessarily mean the husband will die, but something bad might happen to that home. That's the culture and traditions here and besides they no longer do the right thing again, when marrying an Urhobo lady, the man is expected to perform some stuffs but 90% always omit this, citing some silly excuses, like I'm a Christian, bla bla bla
Meaning dt belief doesn't wrk anymore? Though I no believe d tin sef
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Femi316: 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Isoko n urhobo
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
see how u have allowed someone to take ur place. Just bcus u care much about what people say than what u say.
so mentioning me means she's doing what you said? there is no other reason why she could have mentioned me abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Fail In These two Area When It's Time To Romance / Girls No Longer Wear Bra / 10 Categories Of Single Ladies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.