Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,206 members, 7,953,763 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:46 AM

If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U (6913 Views)

Ask For The Eatery Or Dating Location. Some Boys Are Either Broke, Senseless. / Ekpe Akpove: Wedding Pictures Of The Man Who Married 2 Ladies In Delta State / Marrying Or Dating Someone Because They Are Rich Is Same As Prostitution – Moyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Ishilove: 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
chisco82:

Is your comment I rush here to read only for you to
drop this.
tongue
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2019
OneSentence:

so mentioning me means she's doing what you said? there is no other reason why she could have mentioned me abi?
Actually when she wrote the word 'onesentence' I didn't even know it's a monika she mentioned.

The way people jump into conclusions about things baffles me.

U don't even know why I quoted her and made that statement but here u are sayin tins I cant comprehend.

The person I quoted understood what I meant and here u are talkin sometin else.

Do I even know u exist? That I will tell someone to mention u? Did she tell u I told her to mention u?

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Divay22(f): 8:26pm On Feb 20, 2019
lefulefu:
ohh ok u worrying about how deltans handle d custody of a child and bride price wen partners seperate. Was thinking u worrying about were to bury ur wife in d future cos dat sounds kinda creepycheesy. U did not specify d niger delta tribe. Is it ijaw,itsekiri or uhrobos u more concerned abt? Cc divay22 come an help a brothercheesy.
You die because it's your time to die and not because your wife cheated.

The only true story my mum told me is " if a man and a woman are traditionally married and suddenly things stop working well for the man or the man's health is threatened, the woman is not expected to leave him. She must stay with him hence her children will suffer for it..but about dieing, I have not seen or heard.

And for a case of divorce. dowry would be returned to the man's family ..Kids are to choose either the mum or dad to live with.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 8:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
Divay22:

The only true story my mum told me is " if a man and a woman are traditionally married and suddenly things stop working well for the man or the man's health is threatened, the woman is not expected to leave him. She must stay with him hence her children will suffer for it..but about dieing, I have not seen or heard.

And for a case of divorce. dowry would be returned to the man's family ..Kids are to choose either the mum or dad to live with.
thanks very much. This is what i wantd to know.
In myown case, the kid(s) would b too young to choose.
Any remedy?
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Tejis56(m): 8:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
sacx:

Oh yeah? The notion that a cheating spouse would bring bad luck to an innocent partner is a product of superstitions held by traditionalists. If you are not one, you can rid yourself of that mentality.
That no superstition.those drink they pour on d ground during the traditional marriage,u think say na play
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Ishilove: 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Actually when she wrote the word 'onesentence' I didn't even know it's a monika she mentioned.

U don't even know why I quoted her and made that statement but here u are sayin tins I cant comprehend.

Do I even know u exist? That I will tell someone to mention u? Did she tell u I told her to mention u?
Nairalanders and jumping into conclusions

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Divay22(f): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
thanks very much. This is what i wantd to know.
In myown case, the kid(s) would b too young to choose.
Any remedy?
That's were your agreement with her before the marriage comes in.
But kid is very young (still breastfeeding) then the mum. but you'll have access to your child anytime and day, until the child is old enough to choose or the mother would want to move on then you can have him/her.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2019
Divay22:

op hope u have heardcheesy
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Divay22(f): 8:58pm On Feb 20, 2019
Tejis56:

That no superstition.those drink they pour on d ground during the traditional marriage,u think say na play
Ground where?
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Efewestern: 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
reservd:

Meaning dt belief doesn't wrk anymore? Though I no believe d tin sef

Lol.. cant say for now, but I have heard so many stories of how the spirit of the land messed up cheating women in the past, thou I haven't experienced it, but as a traditional man, I so much believe in it.

If you are an Urhobo man, it's better you warn your woman about this, to avoid stories that "touch".
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 9:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
Ishilove:

I am tellin u. There was sometin I said on my former thread to that girl with the monika Biglittlelois. Becus of dat she said she wont comment on my threads again. I saw her on this thread so I told her not to allow what people say or do governs her decision in life.

And a onesentence guy came in to talk what I can't comprehend.

He didn't even care to know what happened and if my statement to the girl has anytin to do with him.

Honestly I didnt know onesentence is a monika.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 9:10pm On Feb 20, 2019
Divay22:

That's were your agreement with her before the marriage comes in.
But kid is very young (still breastfeeding) then the mum. but you'll have access to your child anytime and day, until the child is old enough to choose or the mother would want to move on then you can have him/her.
Contract ends on the child's second birthday.. Thanks a million
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 9:11pm On Feb 20, 2019
lefulefu:
op hope u have heardcheesy
u are d man.. Thanks a trillion

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by MajesticD(m): 9:24pm On Feb 20, 2019
Being a Deltan, I have to point out that the issues you raised are not invalid, however, I cannot actually say you are entirely correct.
Firstly, Delta as a state is a multi-cultural entity. Having said that, I can authoritively tell you that the point you made concerning a wife being buried in her own father's compound is absolutely correct as it is being practiced by my very own people...now the catch is, even within my ethnic nationality in Delta State (Delta Ibos), it is still not practiced everywhere.
Now, on the other issue of a cheating wife, I don't have an absolute knowledge. However, I dated a few Isoko and Urhobo girls during my undergraduate days in my state university, and yeah, this exact issue of the havoc a cheating wife brings to her husband came up. I THINK they said it's true though with some little variations as to what might really happen to the husband if certain things (even their description of the things varied) are not done.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by samisj4real(m): 9:44pm On Feb 20, 2019
My own is how will a woman's sin has effect on her husband. Death for that matter.

Who ever believes this must be a brother to bubu.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
They're not loyal... Will fall for anyone with enough cash to press their button... They'll cheat on you and deny it till they die... From personal experience... Even wives are not excluded
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Ishilove: 9:52pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I am tellin u. There was sometin I said on my former thread to that girl with the monika Biglittlelois. Becus of dat she said she wont comment on my threads again. I saw her on this thread so I told her not to allow what people say or do governs her decision in life.

He didn't even care to know what happened and if my statement to the girl has anytin to do with him.

Welcome to Nairaland
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2019
BlackAfrican:
They're not loyal... Will fall for anyone with enough cash to press their button... They'll cheat on you and deny it till they die... From personal experience... Even wives are not excluded
Buhariski was right.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by extremelygolden: 10:04pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

I will be gettin married to an Urhobo girl in few months time. I made enquires about Delta and their marriage traditions. I was told those two things I posted earlier.
Am not interested in No1 bcus d marriage is not forever. We will seperate few years after wedding. What am concerned abt is that No2 and if there's any other thing one should we weary of..

Yes, if she takes in before you marry her proper and God forbids that she dies during or after delivery, you will be made to marry her corpse as you would have done when she was alive. Afterwards, you will be locked up in a room with the corpse "for the honeymoon".

And not only will your business suffer a setback if she cheats, you will die if you eat any food prepared by her and it might also affect the children too, unless she confesses.

Every tribe and community have their culture, you know.

I wish you happy married life in advance.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 20, 2019
OneSentence:

so mentioning me means she's doing what you said? there is no other reason why she could have mentioned me abi?
yes she mentioned you because you are her boyfriend and urhobo by tribe. Call me monitoring spirit,i don't care.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by sacx: 10:08pm On Feb 20, 2019
Tejis56:

To their so called ancestors, right? To him who holds a thing to be valid, to him it is valid.

1 Like

Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Biglittlelois(f): 10:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
peepydelano:
yes she mentioned you because you are her boyfriend and urhobo by tribe. Call me monitoring spirit,i don't care.

LMAO, monitoring spirit, if you quote me, means you care tongue
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Biglittlelois(f): 10:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

This shouldn't be an issue, he said all that cos of the mention nothing more,you should have let it slide and move on, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by GreatResearcher: 10:22pm On Feb 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:

This shouldn't be an issue, you should have let it slide and move on, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone.
Sometimes u have to explain urslef.. How u dey?
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Biglittlelois(f): 10:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Sometimes u have to explain urslef.. How u dey?

I'm good.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2019
Biglittlelois:

LMAO, monitoring spirit, if you quote me, means you care tongue
did I lie?just don't deny it.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Heavance(m): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
mrblessed:
I cannot speak with certainity regarding this issue since I am not from Urhobo ethnic group. However, a post I saw on this platform, made in 2013, says an adulturous wife can bring fatal consequences to/upon the children and the husband, if she conceals her evil deeds.

Still, you need to do thorough investigation to be sure of what you are getting into. Cheers!
You are correct
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Biglittlelois(f): 10:37pm On Feb 20, 2019
peepydelano:
did I lie?just don't deny it.

Lol and If I deny it what will happen
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 20, 2019
GreatResearcher:

ok. case closed...I get your explanation.
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
peepydelano:
nice moniker...
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by zeestone99(m): 10:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
Nixiepie:
I'm from delta state isoko to be precise, this tradition is only applicable to people who are Of the same ethnic group, and yes is very potent from where I come frm

See my fellow isoko madam o
Re: If U Are A Deltan, Married 2 A Deltan Or Dating A Deltan, Dis Thread Is 4 U by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2019
Ishilove:
you know this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Men Keep Leaving Me For Someone Else ? / When They've Slept With The Lady You Are Wooing / Have All Nigerian Men Turned To Oloshos ? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.