Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? (4542 Views)

Why Is Linda Ikeji Hated So Much By Guys & Girls? / Girls And Their Misunderstanding 'come To My House' By Guys / Waist-winding By Guys While Dancing: Is It Sexy To Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Tornadoz(m): 10:38am On Apr 26, 2007
I have the same problem with women myself, but am not complaining. I just wish they would throw me on the bed and rip my clothes off.
No harm in dreaming ehn
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by tasiana(m): 11:17am On Apr 26, 2007
@ bolarge, if she gets slapped back nko? no gentleman 4 9ja again oooo!

@ moondust, U funny sha, she needs candid advice not soothn,

dear i feel u then again, u might just be the cause of ur problem,contrary to the sayn that u may be too HOT.
Does it mean that all beautiful women get harrased?
Just learn to be a lady (theres a difference btw a woman and a lady),respect ur self and draw a line btw am available and am civil and see if that keeps them check.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by opuro(m): 11:33am On Apr 26, 2007
no 1.  ur pics.
no 2.  ur email 4 personal advice
no 3   why are u not married at ur age when u have guys flocking aroud u
no 4.  go learn how to say NO cos many girls nowadays dont have NO in their dicco
AND PLEASE DONT SLAP NOBODY COS NO GENTLEMAN 4 NAIJA
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by heyma: 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2007
Seun, who you dey call Hot idiots. The society simply sees it as the way to approach very attractive women, as you also remarked.

Alert1; point is, you are cute outward and inward (they generally see you as soft and sweet hearted)

Bye the way, you should be who you are, I mean soft and sweet hearted, not slap, or shun or all that "crap" I've heard people advice you on.

With your soft and sweet heartedness, you can be able to intelligently convey your message in soft and straight talk to your aggressors.

Abeg, dress the way you feel comfortable with and before we forget, listen, you should know exactly what you want in a guy, No be later you enter into a relationship out of pity or "beauty" of the guy to now come out and tell us you had 2 "million" ex boyfriends. Though we generally know that cute girls have lots of friends. Be yourself anywayz and do more learn more straight diplomacy.

cheers sister. smiley
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by kelechiodo(m): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2007
Be sincere to yourself. you seem to like the attention. if not then be firm in your "NO". let the guy know that you meant it and stick to it. you should equally make prayers your companion inorder to avoid any pitfall that the devil may be planing against you. and tell your pastor to help you in prayers, who knows some people sometimes live with spirit of seduction unknowly and that should be exorcised. i wish you the best of luck
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by kingkams(m): 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2007
Lets see the pic. It will enhance our judgement. PERIOD.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by tasiana(m): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2007
@ bolarge, if she gets slapped back nko? no gentleman 4 Nigeria again oooo!

@ moondust, U funny sha, she needs candid advice not soothn,

dear i feel u then again, u might just be the cause of your problem,contrary to the sayn that u may be too HOT.
Does it mean that all beautiful women get harrased?
Just learn to be a lady (theres a difference between a woman and a lady),respect your self and draw a line between am available and am civil and see if that keeps them check.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by alabiyemmy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2007
huunnn - well done.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by esilove(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2007
hi sweet girl,

Let those guys understand that you are not a flet. Rather you are just in love nothing more

This is because, some guys use this opportunity to try you if you can stand the test of time.

if you let him know that you are not the type and he insist please for your reputation stay far from him.

BUT DON'T USE A HARSH WORDS ON HIM. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT HE IS HAVING IN MIND IF HE WANT YOU TO BE HIS LIFE PARTNER. you Understand??

CHEERS
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by sisistingy: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2007
To stop the harassment start dressing up like a guy by wearing big clothes undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by abohrandy: 8:13pm On Apr 26, 2007
first question : do u ever give in? (n enjoy it)
second question: R u that too hot?

well susta don't worry that's the world. just follow the dressing tips n i believe that will help u through.
also strong will power.

wish u all the best as u seek to get out of this mess. I hope it does not affect u emotionally!
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by shadex1(m): 9:16pm On Apr 26, 2007
show us a pic of ur booty n wud tell u why. grin

maybe u just too sexy
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by dollyp1cute(f): 9:55pm On Apr 26, 2007
I am reading between the lines and wondering,

"i am dating a guy now whom i'm not in love wit"
Why are you dating someone you don't like?

"also i have two ex-boyfriends trying to get back in my life, i don't like them either"
I bet you did not like them even when you were dating them?

"i don't know why i attract the wrong guys in my life, i always fall for guys that are handsome"
There is nothing like falling you choose to go for handsome guys

Deal with the root cause my dear sister.

Ask yourself
Do I like attention?
You may be sending signals unconsciously just because you crave attention.
Growing up what was I like, did I enjoy the affection of a father or father figure? Did I love myself and still do?

Do I secretly seek validation?
You may be going for 'handsome guys' just to validate yourself that you can pull (yes guys, ladies also do it)

Pray seriously about it so it does not delay or tamper with your marriage in the future.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Bolarge(m): 9:38am On Apr 27, 2007
dollyp1:

I am reading between the lines and wondering,

"i am dating a guy now whom i'm not in love wit"
Why are you dating someone you don't like?

"also i have two ex-boyfriends trying to get back in my life, i don't like them either"
I bet you did not like them even when you were dating them?

"i don't know why i attract the wrong guys in my life, i always fall for guys that are handsome"
There is nothing like falling you choose to go for handsome guys

Deal with the root cause my dear sister.

Ask yourself
Do I like attention?
You may be sending signals unconsciously just because you crave attention.
Growing up what was I like, did I enjoy the affection of a father or father figure? Did I love myself and still do?

Do I secretly seek validation?
You may be going for 'handsome guys' just to validate yourself that you can pull (yes guys, ladies also do it)

Pray seriously about it so it does not delay or tamper with your marriage in the future.

Exactly what I wz tryin to pass across.lol grin
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by adef1(m): 4:06pm On Apr 27, 2007
Hi Alert, I don't usually respond to threadings such as this but felt compelled to do so as i have been in the kind of situation you have described. I will tell you something for nothing though, there are lots of excellent advice here already, which if you search yourself  sincerely, you would/can relate to what fellow threaders are saying. I will refer you to these well thought out comments by :

1. dew drop
2. Chiangel
3. Adeboo
4. Lillian 777
5. Kelechiodo
6. Dollyp1

I can't speak for the guys around you, but i'm pretty sure you havent told them where u stand which is why they hang around you. Youre probably in your early to mid 20s and maybe even born in the early part of the year (don't want to sound psychic) theres so much going on in your head. Take time to find out who you are first, because there are probably many unhappy people around you and only u can stop that continuing-----
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Gheorghe(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2007
i bet u have a state-of-the-art-body structure and very proud to flout it.

body no be wood and guys no be mugu,they must try to chop at any means.

just watch most especially what u put on and ure responses to those around u.

u are definitely sending the wrong signal
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2007
i will say you should be happy and careful. the reason why you should happy is that allot  lot lot of girls and your age mate especially in America today are looking for man even if they find a half good half useless they will beg him to manage them. and the fact that those fools that you dump or dump you came back to beg means you are priceless, trust me it has happened in my case where the stupid guy went out and look for somebody elses that showed him hot pepper and he ran back to the angel he left but the doors of heaven was shut against him before he came back. don't even think about accepting your ex-guyz back. a new angel that haven't treated you wrong is better than the angel that lead you to hell and came back for you ashes

be careful because you now have many choices, don't give a chance to rape, do not also have two  guys fighting over you. further more, take your time to choose a correct guy. i end up with my dream guy today and we are very happy together. its just as if am dating my big brother. because i can appreciate another guy in front of him, other guys can hug me, hold me, play with me and all that. girlfriend, am very happy
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by IBEXY(m): 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2007
@Alert
Stick your hand in a dog's mouth and expect not to be bitten?
Dumb post  sad

Just read what you said:
each time i let a guy be my friend, one day or the other the guy would usually surprise me with a sexual move, either he's trying to touch me or he's outrightly trying to pull off my clothes.
Did'nt your mama warn you about hanging out with boys? What do you think happens between a boy and a girl. Of course the boy will start making moves on you especially when you can't resist any handsome boy that comes along like you said:
i always fall for guys that are handsome(but i'm correcting that now).

i am dating a guy now whom i'm not in love wit also i have two ex-boyfriends trying to get back in my life, i don't like them either.
Why on earth would you date people you don't like and then squeal when they want to sleep with you. Why don't you free the poor bloke? Are you the type that enjoys winding guys up. Dangling a carrot before them that they cannot have. I know quite a few male haters who get a kick out of doing that.

You can't resist any handsome guy around even when you are currently dating someone?
i always fall for guys that are handsome(but i'm correcting that now).
Why will the your workmate not harrass you when he knows you fall for any handsome guy.
I bet he is quite handsome. Thats why he is trying his luck.

My advice. Get a grip on your life. Stick to one man whom you genuinely love.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by myssfyne(f): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2007
Girl, get your life together and know what you want. Quit tripping because you think guys are too attracted to you. When they get that stuff, off they go.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by ceceee(f): 11:36pm On Apr 27, 2007
i dont know what to say,what i wud have said has been said,stop be friends with male,stop sending the wrong signal,dress moderately,let ur no be no.and pray it works.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by tega78(f): 4:42pm On Apr 28, 2007
ade.f:

Youre probably in your early to mid 20s and maybe even born in the early part of the year (don't want to sound psychic) .

Woww, poetic and psychic!
Is there no end to the many faucets of your personality?!
A man of many faces most interesting and intriguing.

Hi there Ade.f

I am afraid I have to disagree with you a bit here. I was born in the early part of the year (March) and I am in my mid twenties (okay late 20s), but i consider myself a very much together person. I know what i want and most importantly what i don't want in life and relationships.

I am not someone that will necessarily put myself down or dress down and dowdy so as not to 'attract undesirableattention'. I dress tastefully and appropiately Fair enough, a girl who wears practically next to nothing when she is not on the beach o other appropiate place is only asking to be harassed.

At the end of the day, it may not matter how one dresses, they would still attract attention from some undesirable elements. Maturity, tact and class is shown in the way such a girl/boy handles the situation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by 2muchmoney(m): 10:52pm On Apr 28, 2007
babe, maybe u shud cut ur coat to ur size. and not only fall for handsome men, cuz most handsome guys wud obviously be attracted to Finer and preetier gals than u, and for u thats on der case, that u are not fine, what they fink u deserve if what they offer u
there might be this flirting problem u have , that u are not aware of, ! that makes all ur close male friends think, u re Hot.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by anabell(f): 1:03am On Apr 29, 2007
pls can we see ur pics so we can advice u
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by nnenneigbo(f): 1:08am On Apr 29, 2007
anabell:

please can we see your pics so we can advice u

hehehehehehe
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Echidime(m): 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2007
Guys harrase you cos you have to be bleeped, like every other woman you not an exception period. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by nnenneigbo(f): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2007
Echidime:

Guys harrase you because you have to be bleeped, like every other woman you not an exception period. grin grin grin grin
guys like you that talk rubbish can't do the fucking properly sef. only talk talk
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by BIKINI(f): 5:17pm On Apr 29, 2007
[color=#990000]BABY GIRL IT'S COS U ARE JUST TOO HOT.
GIRL SAVOUR THE REIGN WHILE IT LASTS.
[/color]
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by kedionline: 5:54pm On Apr 29, 2007
:-x
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by nnenneigbo(f): 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2007
she's still with the man, or you be mumu
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by saintchux(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29, 2007
ur picture pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Did u apply for miss nairaland contest?
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by adef1(m): 12:20pm On Apr 30, 2007
Dearest Tega,

Its good to see you. Its been a while.

In response to your comments, I have no doubt that you know exactly what you want. However many a young woman who haven't learnt lessons in this fine art of courtship would naturally stick their heads in the sand as these problems unfold, unsure of what to do and how to tackle it, while enjoying the company of the interested parties. However women in their late 20s seem to have gone through this process and are more definitive in what they want, making them more grounded, or as you say, mature.

But with great power comes responsibility and many a woman have fallen under the spell and gotten drunk on it. Its not about dressing, as i believe anyone is allowed to wear what they want. With our good friend alert, i think theres something else missing, like shes looking for a father figure or something (not being psychic-- again smiley) only she will know.

I haven't the slightest doubt that you attract a lot of guys, but are able to state clearly the boundaries of where the association stops. Alert seems to need to learn that no matter how appealing the guy may be, it only causes heartache (and to some extend tummy ache) if one has too much food on one's plate.

Glad to see you dear girl. Respond soon. xx

PS: Don't try to pass yourself as early 20s Tega, we know the truth!   grin
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by lilian777(f): 12:28pm On Apr 30, 2007
with a username like Alert, where do you expect the eyes (and probably d1cks) of the guys to turn to? sometimes, we just look for solutions to our porblems in far places when they're sitting right there on our foreheads. i for like to see your pic sha!

@ IBB Fan

I pity you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It's 2016 Already In Some Countries / Guys: Do U Still Find Black-skinned Ladies Attractive?? / Checkout What This Pretty Lady Was Pictured Wearing That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.