Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? (4543 Views)

Why Is Linda Ikeji Hated So Much By Guys & Girls? / Girls And Their Misunderstanding 'come To My House' By Guys / Waist-winding By Guys While Dancing: Is It Sexy To Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Alert(f): 5:55pm On Apr 24, 2007
my friends, this has been my case since i was 14(started with my private lesson teacher), up till now that i am 25. each time i let a guy be my friend, one day or the other the guy would usually surprise me with a sexual move, either he's trying to touch me or he's outrightly trying to pull off my clothes.
i am dating a guy now whom i'm not in love wit also i have two ex-boyfriends trying to get back in my life, i don't like them either. i don't know why i attract the wrong guys in my life, i always fall for guys that are handsome(but i'm correcting that now).
please, tell me what to do when a guy harasses me, cos i have one who's currently doing that.he's a co-worker.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by joyblinks(f): 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2007
my dear, in the aspect of the guy harrasing you. pls give him a good warning. shun am well.

and pls try not to be falling for handsome guys oh. because some of them sef no get anything in them. them dey feel say na fine we go chop
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2007
maybe you are just to hot to resist! cheesy
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by joyblinks(f): 6:15pm On Apr 24, 2007
my dear, in the aspect of the guy harrasing you. pls give him a good warning. shun am well.

and pls try not to be falling for handsome guys oh. because some of them sef no get anything  in them. them dey feel say na fine we go chop
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by moondust(m): 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2007
pray not 2 see me o! because u'll definitely fall, view my profile and u'll know wat i'm talkin 'bout
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by lilian777(f): 6:23pm On Apr 24, 2007
It could be that you are ;

a, usually surrounded by the same kind of people since you were 14 till date.ie places you find yourself at

b, Sending the wrong signals unknowingly ie like 'come -get-me' kind of message, What kind of clothes do you wear?

c, The kind of choices you make as regards to relationship

d, Too friendly with the ones you shouldnt be too friendly with

e, saying yes when you mean no( As regards to your present realtionship) You shouldnt be dating people you don't like

f,  what is your major reason for being friends with a guy anyway?If a guy feels you are taking advantage of him,he   may want to get even by sexually harrasing you or otherwise. The Ego thingy, don't you think?

g,Or, it  could be that you are just DAMN too SEXY for them guys. you know ,like 'too hot to handle' and 'too cool for comfort.'  cheesy
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by donenick(m): 6:25pm On Apr 24, 2007
SweetHeart shine your eye very well
if you u don't luv anybody no point of you westing time cut-out
But mind you Good ones are very few
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by adeboo(f): 8:02pm On Apr 24, 2007
lilian777:

It could be that you are ;

a, usually surrounded by the same kind of people since you were 14 till date.ie places you find yourself at

b, Sending the wrong signals unknowingly ie like 'come -get-me' kind of message, What kind of clothes do you wear?

c, The kind of choices you make as regards to relationship

d, Too friendly with the ones you shouldnt be too friendly with

e, saying yes when you mean no( As regards to your present realtionship) You shouldnt be dating people you don't like

f, what is your major reason for being friends with a guy anyway?If a guy feels you are taking advantage of him,he may want to get even by sexually harrasing you or otherwise. The Ego thingy, don't you think?

g,Or, it could be that you are just DAMN too SEXY for them guys. you know ,like 'too hot to handle' and 'too cool for comfort.' cheesy

Am with ma girl on this one.
You really need to check yourself and if you feel that you have honestly been faultless and blameless in this whole situation, then you need to deal with the situation spiritually.
You may not know it but you may have a seductive spirit aura around ya
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by anabell(f): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2007
na wa which one is this again, are u just tryin to tell us u are very hot.pls put ur pics let c 4 ourselves y these guys wont let u be tongue
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by bunmii(f): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2007
if you don't like your boyfriend then why don't u break up with him
and for the attention how do u deal with the guys?? jus tell them to leave you alone and let them know u really mean it.
and about the handsome/ugly why don't you just look at the personality of the guy not just the face, some handsome guys have good personalities , u could do worse with an ugly guy with an ugly personality
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by whiteNkem(f): 9:36pm On Apr 24, 2007
My dear, if you want to get rid of a guy pestering you there is no nice way to tell him that. Just act very cold and don't mind him. Any innocent smile can be misinterpreted and they can cling on anything!! So please, be very careful who you make friends with next time. Try a guy who is committed and really in love with his girl so you'd be safe!
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Bolarge(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2007
@moondust
My guy u funny sha.Respect. cool

@Alert/thread starter
U no sabi slap? Some guys no dey hear word till they feel dat hot vibe 4cheek. grin
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by puker(m): 9:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
Nothing is too hot to handle. If you are beautiful guys will flock around you. Some would even commit themself for you. But if your arrogant, troublesome, nagging, frigid, then no body stays around you too long. Just to have a feel of your butt and they scram.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Seun(m): 9:27pm On Apr 25, 2007
Get used to it. Attractive women are always harassed by Hot idiots. You just need to learn how to handle it.

One way to send a message that you're not interested in sex is to wear very plain clothes around those annoying men. No cleavage enhancing clothes, no semi-transparent clothes, no short skirts. Suits and such are perfect. Another tip: avoid unnecessary physical contact with men: no hugging, no kissing or 'pecking', no talking about sex.

These men have been led to believe that they have to be aggressive to get a girl, so you need to be assertive.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by kliverpool(m): 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2007
may be u should give your self this Yoruba or Guari tribal mark i swear it will work
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Obelomo: 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2007
My dear if u have to slap a guy that is haassing u, for him to stop than do it! Also do not be friendly with these guys so they know that u mean buisness. Alert u not have to date ugly guys, just make sure the guy has nice personality.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by software(m): 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2007
kliverpool:

may be u should give your self this Yoruba or Guari tribal mark i swear it will work

hehe he he he,

Abeg o my sister, dont yield to his advice ooo,

Watch Ur moves when u are around guys, Like others said. dont expose ur body in anyway, u know what i mean

THanks
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Chiangel1(f): 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2007
@ Alert
I dont think d problem is with the physical look of d bois, i think d pblm is wiv d d personality bhnd d look. DO u go out wiv sme1 cos hes handsome or do u go out wiv sme1 cos hes got d personality n xter u nid for a spouse? Cos from ur own words, u said ur 2 ex-bfs want u back n u dont like dem either, n u dont like ur present guy, n one common thing abt dem is dat they r handsome. So mayb u just go 4 d handsome guys without xter check? Look, thr r handsome guys out there wiv very good xter, so choose well, wiv ur eyes wide open. And for all d harrassments, hmmmmm tell dem off, Do watever u can to make dem know u aint interested, n dont get tooo close to dem cos mayb dats wat mkes dem think ur interested, 2ndly thr r certain thins u dont talk abt wiv dem n certain clothes u dont wear around dem, not to pass d wrong information. Gurl, no b ur fault sey u too fine, but use wisdom get wetin u want.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by IBBFan(m): 11:23pm On Apr 25, 2007
with a username like Alert, where do you expect the eyes (and probably d1cks) of the guys to turn to? grin grin sometimes, we just look for solutions to our porblems in far places when they're sitting right there on our foreheads. wink i for like to see ur pic sha!
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by nnenneigbo(f): 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2007
hehehe me too i wan see the picture too. that way we can tailor our advice. all your replies make me laugh out loud.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by olalekan1(m): 1:36am On Apr 26, 2007
hey there, its a serious matter but i will just advice you to go and report to the police or his nearby family or relations,
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:56am On Apr 26, 2007
Police for naija, ke. lmao grin
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by BlackMamba(m): 2:10am On Apr 26, 2007

Nothing is too hot to handle. If you are beautiful guys will flock around you. Some would even commit themself for you. But if your arrogant, troublesome, nagging, frigid, then no body stays around you too long. Just to have a feel of your butt and they scram.

Nuff said. Seem like one of those little brat who often feel entitled.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by aikmamah1(m): 7:16am On Apr 26, 2007
the fundamental reason is cos of THE WAY U DRESS and the kind of company u keep. also i have no doubt you r the kind that like showing off to guys, u might equally be rude to guy (they dont always like it that way)
dont call fo unnessary attraction
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by shockreaction(m): 7:17am On Apr 26, 2007
You get harassed by guys because you LET them harass you.

Simple logic here. Moving along now.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by topeorekoy(m): 7:23am On Apr 26, 2007
i guess u like guys that have cars to drive around. flashy guys? thats one kmistake some ladies make, u cant expect most guys to spend, trip a lady out and not want to remove her cloths. i have done it. i love it when a lady loves me not for what she wants from me but she has to love for real, not for what i have in terms of looks, cash, ride to take her around. aint trying to be rude to the ladies, most are like that.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by DewDrop(f): 7:58am On Apr 26, 2007
[center]oh whatever!
deal with it
People are hungry in the world
this one is worried about having too many guys trying to get at her
What about those women who wish a man would look their way and not point & laugh
Unless they're trying assault you in anyway
just enjoy it- you only get like 5-10 more years of this.

If it really does bother you that much, quit being friends with men.

Though it seems to me that u relish that attention!
your with someone you don't even like- For why!?
So why won't the wrong impression be made of you?!?
you obviously can stay around someone and not let them know your true feelings
so can we blame friend A for making moves?

Anyway- about your co-worker, tell him to stop or you'll report his behavior to a supervisor
And if he doesn't FOLLOW THROUGH!
Don't make empty threats!
cool[/center]
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by biozy(m): 8:52am On Apr 26, 2007
questions. are u sumptous?wat kind of dresing u dress?how do u talk?may b they wanted to take advantage of that). i think u hav this inferiority complex.just seat urself n figure where u got somethings wrong.and correct them
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by olabosun(m): 9:09am On Apr 26, 2007
U might be somehow attractive & loose.
Maybe u're d jokin type of a woman & u play allot.wat u'll need to do is Jst 2 minimise familiarities wit guys. Nd pray,so dat u'll never attract wrong men 2 manage ur future as a woman.dat is the greatest mistake anyone cld do. My dear.
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by romeo(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2007
put your picture first and after i'll decide
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by moondust(m): 9:22am On Apr 26, 2007
girl, retain your friendliness abeg and enjoy the attention while it lasts. just dont let anybody convert a handshake to a hug. wink
Re: Why Do I Get Harassed By Guys? by Bolarge(m): 9:30am On Apr 26, 2007
I repeat U no sabi slap?
Any nonsense "Oooh Tunde pleeease stop it now. . " no be for typical ogbonge Naija playas.For them na stimulant.
Correct slap na 1 thing no guy fit misinterprete. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Have To Support The Same Football Club With Your Spouse? / Five Reasons Why Anambra Men prefer Marrying From Their State / Breaking News!!! Saintsamuraii Cries For The First Time In 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.