Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court (47503 Views)

Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court / Atiku Rejects Wike Stadium Offer / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Positivepoint(m): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
akinhanger:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has reacted to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the February 23 presidential election.

The aggrieved former Vice President says the election was not free and fair.

He says there “were manifest and premeditated” malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Atiku said he will seek justice the democratic way by heading to court.

Below is his full statement.

“Democracy Will Not Be Emasculated in Nigeria

I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations. (See attached links to documentary evidences).

The militarization of the electoral process is a disservice to our democracy and a throwback to the jackboot era of military dictatorship. In some areas of the country, such as, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo states, troops deployed for the elections turned their guns on the very citizens they were meant to protect. This is condemnable and should not be associated with our electoral process in the future.

I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days.

If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South.

However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019. 2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court.

I want to assure my supporters and the entire Nigerian people that together, we will not allow democracy to be emasculated.

Signed:
Waziri Atiku Abubakar
27th February 2019

https://all-gists..com/2019/02/Atiku-Rejects-Outcome-Of-Presidential-Election-Heads-To-Court.html

This was part of the Dubai plan but unfortunately the cheif justice was booted out.

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
he better wakes up,no presidency for looters

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by ClearFlair: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
The
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by dguyindcorner(m): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
dante0147:
Buhari planned this well!!!

Atiku is not smart afterall

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
Journalist: mr pmb ,who is your favorite footballer?

Pmb. :Devock origi

Journalist : OK who is your favorite musician?

pmb : erigga
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by ClearFlair: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
Thief
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by AugustineSilva(m): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
Here We Go Again.....
Rigged Or Not Rigged Buhari Won It...
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie....
Infact, Suit Urself Mr Atiku! cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by jayboy007(m): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
His lawyers (SAN) will be happy, more money for them undecided

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by islandmoon: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
started with the registrations of voters, distribution of materials, you are all thieves!! God will help the masses
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by dataking: 10:12am On Feb 27, 2019
stephleena:

hahaha.. see the Alfa face

Better than your thieving woli(pastors)

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by FuckoffMOD: 10:13am On Feb 27, 2019
Truly the election wasn't free ND fair...but atiku should accept the defeat...dat all

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by botanist123: 10:13am On Feb 27, 2019
Lawyer ready to loot Atiku

6 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by TemmyT002(m): 10:13am On Feb 27, 2019
I wish him all the best even though he knows it is a waste of time.

5 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Oju4190: 10:13am On Feb 27, 2019
Tanko the ball is now going to ur side.....We don play our part

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Corrinthians(m): 10:13am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku should file his case in the supreme court of Cameroon in Yaounde. That's the only place he can win.

Sore loser. cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by jrusky(m): 10:13am On Feb 27, 2019
Mine is Atiku should not sign the result if Buhari want to go ahead and resume as president goodluck to him.

From all party side there was no election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by semyman: 10:14am On Feb 27, 2019
It is our money, keep wasting it

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by BafanaBafana: 10:14am On Feb 27, 2019
I wanted to ask if Atiku money no dey finish?
But I remembered that even his son has a private jet.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Blaq90: 10:14am On Feb 27, 2019
And those evil lawyers will be giving him false hope, just to collect their share of the national cake

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Zombicmodz: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku don't waste your time on any kangaroo court

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Don27tiky(m): 10:16am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku Atiku Atiku. ...how many times did I call u? stop allowing those useless layers deceive you. They only want ur money. You know how much u spent already even though it's our money. if only u shared those dollars and naira u used In bribing deigate and those following u to the poor the story would have been different. U carry better meat give them u come dey give the poor 500 during campaign.. serves u right. Me though na next level I dey go so. If wan remain for old level na u sabi

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 27, 2019
THE SO CALLED LIFELESS ONE SHOWS THE LIFE IN HIM.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by midolian(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2019
Corrinthians:
Atiku should file his case in the supreme court of Cameroon in Yaounde. That's the only place he can win.

Sore loser. cheesy

LWKMD cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Legislatorers67(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2019
hmmm

Check my signature to migrate to canada
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Wantedmiller: 10:18am On Feb 27, 2019
PDP has abandoned Atiku after chewing his money.........
not even a signature from PDP chairman.....

What a world!

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by InaNla(f): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2019
No further comment.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Mcy56(f): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin grin grin grin grin this man is waiting for you
grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Zombicmodz: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2019
kingemzy5:
grin grin grin grin grin this man is waiting for you
it's funny to you, bah ?
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by kenodrill: 10:19am On Feb 27, 2019
Keep wasting your time and money
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Slynation(m): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2019
This is Dangerously Dangerous.....
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by victorazyvictor(m): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2019
Melian:
Loser. You'll continue to lose here on earth and in heaven.

Or...- lemme goan buy wig and gown. I may as well represent him.
I pity the youth of this nation..
I wonder a sane person will support Buhari lead gov

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Makarfi Involved In Motor Accident / Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations / 2016 Budget Is A Big Fraud - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.