Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court (47504 Views)

Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court / Atiku Rejects Wike Stadium Offer / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by symbianDON(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2019
atiku should just continue his bed rest....this route he's about to take will not only drain his pocket the more but also worsen his heartache
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Benyork4(m): 10:50am On Feb 27, 2019
Who voted the most.... North Who win.....Buhari Who celebrate.... North Who suffer the most .... North Who hunger go kill... North Who Boko Haram go kill... North Who herdsmen go kill.. North Who has the highest rate of poverty... North Who shine my shoe..North Who guard my gate..North Who Cut my nails..... North Who are the highest number Barrow pushers...North... Who are the highest beggars North... North means Nothing...
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by 2T215: 10:51am On Feb 27, 2019
Things may not be the way they appear. PMB might have the Acting CJN as his Ally but make no mistake, he is just one judge among the 7 to decide the case at supreme Court......after all the appeal court and the tribunals have done their jobs. Also, we need to bear in mind that cases are decided on facts and evidence and sound lawyers. I agree you can add " favour" from the judges but we all know what such favour is doing to some judges right now. Don't get it mixed up,Atiku has a right and he should pursue it. As for him spending more money, if you are a true Democrat, you would support him with your resources; money and time. I commend his approach and wish him well. Let it be on record that he contested against INEC, the Police, Thugs, Army and all military structures that aided any kind of malpractice. Let's find out if he is contesting against the judiciary as well.....we can only wait.

blackboy:
Best action even if he no win at the courts. That is due process but we all know Sai Baba has the courts too. Atiku owes him no congratulatory call. Saint PMB all the times he lost never called anyone to congratulate anyone but called for violence and went to the courts all the time. Atiku has never called for violence so I'm fine with that.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Topmaike007(m): 10:51am On Feb 27, 2019
ibknaanii80:
As long as I love PDP to win, I kind of love what Atiku and saraki are getting now. Let's assume that they both stayed in PDP including kwankwanso and the rest despite their hatred for that gentle man Jonathan either of the above three names would have become the president of Nigeria today. Leaving the party in 2015 was a very big mistake for them. U don't throw your birth right away even if u are angry with your family. Then 4years of Jonathan 2nd term seems very long and unbearable for them. But now only God knows how many years they would have to wait that is if they ever get the opportunity again sef, cos this set of APC can rig every month if election is done every month with different methods.
cheesy you got me at the last part grin,bit let's say the truth both of them rig but na Sai PMB our only General own get meaning,and moreover they collected money from Atiku without perfecting it for him...

Once more congrats to Sai PMB.....4+4 issa goal
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by repogirl(f): 10:52am On Feb 27, 2019
CyberWolf:
Serves him right. He was the one that led a revolt against GEJ in 2014. This is karma dealing with him, Saraki and Kwankwaso. The remaining ones will surely get theirs someday.
I swear down. They should all enjoy what they created.
Whatever Goodluck did that was so horrible to them, Buhari has done 10 times worse.... It's sad that our country has regressed 10 steps backwards between 2015 and now but they were all part of who and what caused its regression. Buhari was NEVER an option.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Ozkar: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2019
Forget it. Buhari has the judiciary by the balls. You'd lose, even if you caught INEC officials on tape changing results and admitting as much.

You helped create this monster, and now it has turned on you. Enjoy man.

Learn to out-rig him next time, since Nigerian leaders don't want to have sense and conduct elections like sane people.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Charly68: 10:52am On Feb 27, 2019
He better don't allow lawyers to waste his cash ..accept the peoples verdict and wait for your turn..
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Mrsimplexvi: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2019
Movic1:
To be sincere Atiku is not an option. Goodluck is 100times better than him. He can never rule this country.. But he said he's a Democrat and will accept the results, why this?
stfu buhari did not win this election, I support atiku going to court, 2015 was free and fair
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by faste: 10:55am On Feb 27, 2019

Expected

Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations. (See attached links to documentary evidences).

The militarization of the electoral process is a disservice to our democracy and a throwback to the jackboot era of military dictatorship. In some areas of the country, such as, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo states, troops deployed for the elections turned their guns on the very citizens they were meant to protect. This is condemnable and should not be associated with our electoral process in the future.

I am a de struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019. 2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court.

I want to assure my supporters and the entire Nigerian people that together, we will not allow democracy to be emasculated.

Signed:
Waziri Atiku Abubakar
27th February 2019

https://all-gists..com/2019/02/Atiku-Rejects-Outcome-Of-Presidential-Election-Heads-To-Court.html
[/quote]
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by BigBashiru: 10:58am On Feb 27, 2019
fk002:
Okay Tanko is waiting for you guys grin cheesy

Who ever thinks Buhari is a dullard should have a second thought.

Buhari saw this coming that's why he sacked PDP's puppet of a CJN and install Justice Tanko. How thoughtful of him.

And do you think he did it for Nigerians or for himself? Nigerians are very short sighted. Buhari's second ten will be a dictatorial regime with APC majority in the Senate Buharu will have full control over executive, legislative and judiciary. Those who lived under hitler didn't smile. But I don't pity Nigerians; they are the architect of their own misery.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Afamed: 10:59am On Feb 27, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:
Unfortunately our judicial system is a shadow of itself,
Suddenly you agreed the judiciary system is a shadow of itself.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by alizma: 10:59am On Feb 27, 2019
maximunimpact:
Atiku's thieving baggage is bad enough and then he added peter obi's bigotry to seal his fate

Meanwhile...

If PDP could not win a single Ward or LGA in Kano State, where did Kwankwaso import those at Atiku’s rally from?
see them here

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by DrtroubleM: 11:00am On Feb 27, 2019
mickeymimi:
Make dem no start riots oo...we should just live with the result

When PDP was ruling .. the people especially the youths were complaining
When APC was ruling ... the people especially the youths were still complaining ..
no money , no electricity , no good roads , no jobs ,..no good hospitals.. no dis ..no dat....../..

When the chance came to vote for other parties .....the people especially the youths still went ahead to vote for APC and PDP....

Why ??... because they believe these are the only parties that can take them to promise land...Nigeria youths are not risk takers ..they like their comfort zone.

In America ..the pple took risk and voted Trump from nowhere into power .. In uk Thersa May took over the role of prime minister ..from being an immigration office .... Can Nigeria do the same ..no we belive so much in these old Babas milking and ruling us.

After the election ..APC was jubilating .. while PDP was unhappy ... the suffering massesespecially the youths were also jubilating and sad with them .

They had forgotten how these parties have been looting them for years and depriving them and children of good future... Goodluck Nigeria

God bless you..
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Ozkar: 11:01am On Feb 27, 2019
fk002:
Okay Tanko is waiting for you guys grin cheesy

Who ever thinks Buhari is a dullard should have a second thought.

Buhari saw this coming that's why he sacked PDP's puppet of a CJN and install Justice Tanko. How thoughtful of him.

Buhari is a dullard. Dude that cannot give coherent answers to simple questions or identify his own party people.

It's the Cabal that's making these moves. Buhari is just an executioner who waits for someone to tell him "Gubernatorial" so he can repeat it to the public. He's dull.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 11:01am On Feb 27, 2019
Afamed:

Suddenly you agreed the judiciary system is a shadow of itself.
Not suddenly, our judicial system has always been in shambles...
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by adeade83: 11:06am On Feb 27, 2019
S
akinhanger:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has reacted to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the February 23 presidential election.

The aggrieved former Vice President says the election was not free and fair.

He says there “were manifest and premeditated” malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Atiku said he will seek justice the democratic way by heading to court.

Below is his full statement.

“Democracy Will Not Be Emasculated in Nigeria

I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Another glaring anomaly is the disruption of voting in strongholds of the Peoples Democratic Party in Lagos, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers and diverse other states, with the authorities doing little or nothing and in some cases facilitating these unfortunate situations. (See attached links to documentary evidences).

The militarization of the electoral process is a disservice to our democracy and a throwback to the jackboot era of military dictatorship. In some areas of the country, such as, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Imo states, troops deployed for the elections turned their guns on the very citizens they were meant to protect. This is condemnable and should not be associated with our electoral process in the future.

I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days.

If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South.

However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019. 2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Consequently, I hereby reject the result of the February 23, 2019 sham election and will be challenging it in court.

I want to assure my supporters and the entire Nigerian people that together, we will not allow democracy to be emasculated.

Signed:
Waziri Atiku Abubakar
27th February 2019

https://all-gists..com/2019/02/Atiku-Rejects-Outcome-Of-Presidential-Election-Heads-To-Court.html

The Judge who accompanied him to Dubia is no longer there oooo. Go and meet Tanko at the goalposts of the Supreme Court and see how your shot will be parried over the bar without corner kick awarded.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Adefemiaderoju1: 11:06am On Feb 27, 2019
Pdp messed up the day they present Atiku as their presidential candidate despite the brilliant people we have across the country
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by adeade83: 11:07am On Feb 27, 2019
akinhanger:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has reacted to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari at the February 23 presidential election.

The aggrieved former Vice President says the election was not free and fair.

He says there “were manifest and premeditated” malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

Atiku said he will seek justice the democratic way by heading to court.

Below is his full statement.

“Democracy Will Not Be Emasculated in Nigeria

I thank the Nigerian people who trooped out in their millions to perform their civic duty this past Saturday. The patriotism of Nigerians is heartwarming and affirms my oft-repeated statement that we are brothers and sisters born from the womb of one mother Nigeria.

With regards to the Presidential elections that took place on February 23, 2019, it is clear that there were manifest and premeditated malpractices in many states which negate the results announced.

I am a democrat and there are democratic avenues available to present the truth to the nation and the watching world. Already, many international observers have given their verdicts, which corroborate our observations. I am sure more will come in the coming hours and days.

If I had lost in a free and fair election, I would have called the victor within seconds of my being aware of his victory to offer not just my congratulations, but my services to help unite Nigeria by being a bridge between the North and the South.

However, in my democratic struggles for the past three decades, I have never seen our democracy so debased as it was on Saturday, February 23, 2019. 2007 was a challenge, but President Yar’Adua was remorseful. In 2019, it is sad to see those who trampled on democracy thumping their noses down on the Nigerian people.

Signed:
Waziri Atiku Abubakar
27th February 2019

The Judge who accompanied him to Dubia is no longer there oooo. Go and meet Tanko at the goalposts of the Supreme Court and see how your shot will be parried over the bar without corner kick awarded.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Guruindahouse(m): 11:12am On Feb 27, 2019
Atiku has rejected the outcome of the election. Do your part to support him.

You need to see vidoes of northerners doing massive multiple voting. Anyone with photos, videos etc should start forwarding it to BBC, and I am sure they will start telling the world about our shambled election by the time they get hundreds of evidences from Nigerians.

If you are afraid, then create a new email ID and send your evidences without your name to make it anonymous to: yourpics@bbc.co.uk , haveyoursay@bbc.co.UK. Tell them how elections have been rigged by our incumbent president

Well-educated Nigerians, let us make the world know how much we have been disenfranchised. If care is not taken, election coming in 2023 will be much worse than this.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Reference(m): 11:13am On Feb 27, 2019
For what abeg.? This is very disappointing. Whatever the shortcomings of the election process, I don't think it can over shadow the critical mass that voted for the ruling APC. The polls clearly indicates Mr. Buhari and the APC remain very popular . Nothing like the tectonic tilt in the polity as in 2015 happened, so I cannot see what the benefit of trying to create chaos through the courts.

However it is his civil liberty. The judicial process may throw new light into the electoral process which may in turn catalyse the much needed reforms.... but for the next one in 2023. What Atiku and the PDP should however do is to continue engaging on the issues they propsed to the peoples of Nigeria in their manifesto to see that this government gets serious about the economy, restructuring, etc. Then and only then will the 100 billion or so naira expended on the elections be worth it.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by sharpwriter(m): 11:16am On Feb 27, 2019
stephleena:
The cabals already placed one nwakpuda called sheik Umar Tanko.. so it's a win for them..

Abi ... victory all well calculated ... everywhere that could have favored Atiku had been blocked prior this time. grin grin There's no hope to unseat Buhari except a miracle happens
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by lexy2014: 11:16am On Feb 27, 2019
BlueAir:
when he said he would be a Democrat in action after the election, y'all were quoting him to mean he would congratulate the winner either him or Sai baba automatically. But the real G knew what he was saying, he would challenge the results if they didn't favor him as he was thinking the back of his mind. A real Democrat like he ambiguously deceived his atikulated followers would accept defeat automatically regardless of the odds for him.
And here's the real senerio, international organizations are commending the elections along with their leaders but Mr Democrat is groaning and gnawing beneath a fake diplomatic expression of rejection.

OK. When buhari lost in 2003, 2007& 2011, did he (permit me to use ur words) "accept defeat automatically regardless of the odds for him"?
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Forester45(m): 11:17am On Feb 27, 2019
Movic1:
To be sincere Atiku is not an option. Goodluck is 100times better than him. He can never rule this country.. But he said he's a Democrat and will accept the results, why this?

. It is unfortunate you are judging Atiku and comparing him with Jonathan who has been a President. Your comparison is unhealthy and unreasonable. Wait until Atiku becomes the President before judging him.
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by lexy2014: 11:18am On Feb 27, 2019
Reference:
For what abeg.? This is very disappointing. Whatever the shortcomings of the election process, I don't think it can over shadow the critical mass that voted for the ruling APC. The polls clearly indicates Mr. Buhari and the APC remain very popular . Nothing like the tectonic tilt in the polity as in 2015 happened, so I cannot see what the benefit of trying to create chaos through the courts.

However it is his civil liberty. The judicial process may throw new light into the electoral process which may in turn catalyse the much needed reforms.... but for the next one in 2023. What Atiku and the PDP should however do is to continue engaging on the issues they propsed to the peoples of Nigeria in their manifesto to see that this government gets serious about the economy, restructuring, etc. Then and only then will the 100 billion or so naira expended on the elections be worth it.

How do u "create chaos thru courts"?
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by lexy2014: 11:20am On Feb 27, 2019
Adefemiaderoju1:
Pdp messed up the day they present Atiku as their presidential candidate despite the brilliant people we have across the country

Who are d "brilliant people" across d country?
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by AmeLonRo(m): 11:22am On Feb 27, 2019
No need for that.

I, the President of my space and place hereby congratulate president Muhammadu Buhari and Yemi Osinbajo on their re-election victory.

https://newkokoro.com/2019/01/27/how-to-become-a-landlord-this-year/
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by lexy2014: 11:23am On Feb 27, 2019
repogirl:
I swear down. They should all enjoy what they created.
Whatever Goodluck did that was so horrible to them, Buhari has done 10 times worse.... It's sad that our country has regressed 10 steps backwards between 2015 and now but they were all part of who and what caused its regression. Buhari was NEVER an option.

Not many folks are thinking about what's best 4 Nigeria. They are thinking about what's best 4 their political parties& candidates
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by APCsupporter: 11:24am On Feb 27, 2019
Movic1:

I disagree. Atiku would be better than gej but overall, i would pick osinbajo over Buhari and atiku especially in terms of infrastructure and economy
Re: Atiku Rejects Outcome Of Presidential Election, Heads To Court by Reference(m): 11:25am On Feb 27, 2019
Adefemiaderoju1:

So who should have been presented that would have amassed 15, 16, 17 million votes. How many individuals standing today can amass that number. I think it is better you folks rather focus on the process itself rather than the players and try an improve that is creating a level playing field for all to aspire. That is the peoples responsibility. No leader can do that. No one will willingly uoset a system he benefits from.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ahmed Makarfi Involved In Motor Accident / Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations / PDP Pulls Massive Crowd On A 3x Bigger Venue Than The APC Campaign Rally Venue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.