Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court (12539 Views)

Peter Obi Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court (Video) / Atiku Rejects Wike Stadium Offer / PDP Crisis: Atiku Rejects Bid To Substitute Okowa For Wike As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ogododo: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2023
PROTOCOL

Good afternoon, Gentlemen of the Press.

I am here today to give my official reaction to the judgment delivered yesterday by the Presidential Election Petition Court on the 2023 presidential election.

As you already know, I approached the court following the declaration by INEC that the APC and its candidate are the winners of the February 25, Presidential Election.

My decision to go to court is anchored in my belief that the court is the sanctuary of justice. The journey of my political career, as you know, holds so much to the courage and fearless decisions of our judiciary.

Indeed, I am no stranger to legal battles, and I can say that I have a fair idea of how the court system works. All through my career as a politician, I have been a fighter, and I must say that I have found the judiciary as a worthy pillar to rest on in the pursuit of justice.

The last presidential election in our country and the way it was managed by the electoral umpire, the Independent National Electoral Commission, leaves behind unenviable precedents, which I believe the courts have a duty to redress. Our gains in ensuring transparent elections through the deployment of technology was heavily compromised by INEC in the way it managed the last presidential election, and I am afraid that the judgement of the court as rendered by the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal yesterday, failed to restore confidence in our dreams of free and fair elections devoid of human manipulations.

Like I did say at the beginning of this legal battle when I instructed my lawyers to file my petition challenging the outcome of the presidential election, my ultimate goal in this pursuit is to ensure that democracy is further strengthened through the principles and processes of fair hearing.

Gentlemen of the press, I take great pains to tell you that the decision of the court of first instance on this matter utterly falls far short of that expectation. I am therefore here to tell you that, though the judgment of the court yesterday is respected, it is a judgment that I refuse to accept. I refuse to accept the judgment because I believe that it is bereft of substantial justice. However, the disappointment in the verdict of the court can never destroy my confidence in the judiciary.

Consequently, I have asked my lawyers to activate my constitutionally guaranteed rights of appeal to the higher court, which, in the instance, is the Supreme Court. It is my conviction that the electoral process in Nigeria should be devoid of untidy manipulations and that the outcome of every election should be a perfect reflection of the wishes of the electorate. I believe that such is the only way through which our democracy can have a manifest expression of its true meaning. Whether I prevail in this quest or not, the record of my effort in ensuring an order of credible elections in Nigeria shall remain for the future generations to evaluate.

On this note, I urge all my supporters to remain steadfast. I urge them to take solace in an immortal lesson I learned from my leader and mentor, the late Shehu Yar’Adua, that losing a battle is less important than losing the war. We might have lost a battle yesterday, but the war is well ahead of us. And I believe that with our hopes in God, we shall win the war of restoring confidence in our electoral system.

Distinguished ladies and gentlemen of the Press, I thank you for your attention.

Atiku Abubakar, GCON
Waziri Adamawa
Vice President of Nigeria (1999 – 2007)
2023 PDP Presidential Candidate

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by duro4chang(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
The last kick of a dying horse

95 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ogododo: 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2023
duro4chang:
Na u sabi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by duro4chang(m): 3:38pm On Sep 07, 2023
ogododo:
Na u sabi
What did I do wrong?

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ecolime(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2023
Atiku stubborn no be small.

He is never ashamed of being beaten black and blue every 4 years.

Goodluck to him.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by seunmsg(m): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2023
Atiku the serial loser.

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by inoki247: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
Lol I think say the War na US he dey jus go face your case in US so that US court can give you the Mandate Nigeria no see give u as u no know the numbers you use to win....

The supreme court wey u dey go make sure you go there with the real figure ur party agent gave you from the polling unit and the total nd stop finding one disqualification nd be saying you won...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ogododo: 3:52pm On Sep 07, 2023
duro4chang:
What did I do wrong?
Suffering no dey taya una.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ogododo: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2023
seunmsg:
Atiku the serial loser.
Dem don wake, enemies of truth.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Isokotolopia: 3:55pm On Sep 07, 2023
If you think Buhari’s supporters were petty just wait for this Rinubu cornfused rodents

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ogododo: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
Nlfpmod, Supreme Court still dey.
Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by waynetee(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by duro4chang(m): 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2023
ogododo:
Suffering no dey taya una.
Just like you. E pain you?

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by NwekeUG(m): 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2023
Hmm
Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Stanweezy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
The supreme court judge, abeg who appointed him? That one will be in his parlor and write the judgment.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by DMerciful(m): 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
A progressive thing to do.

We must improve our jurisprudence!

1 Like

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by bigdawg7: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2023
Atiku should retire from politics already he isn’t destined to be president of naija 🇳🇬

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by mcgodison2531(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Atiku stop bothering yourself, it will still waste your time and end the same way like the previous one

7 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Raskimonojendor: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Chief Justice Olukayode Ariwoola will be waiting for him to show up. cool

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Realist5: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Atiku, oti lo.

This grandfather has become a regular Customer at the Supreme Court.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by iammo(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
cool

Oh Ti Law

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by ChiefOloye(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
Normal, normal. Senior Advocates got mouths to feed.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by FalseProphet1(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
I see Peter Obi reclaiming back his stolen mandate form Tinubu.

This I have seen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Chibuzoripob: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin o ti lu le

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by AFvckingAlpha(m): 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
The judgement yesterday was complete sham!

Seeking redress at the Supreme Court is just the normal thing to do.

The question is will justice take its course at the Supreme court, cos it looks like the whole judiciary have been compromised.

It’s sad where we at, the youths have to fight for this country.

I am ready to lay my life down, let it go down that I contributed my quota to the liberation of our dear county.

Yeah I said what I said

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Chibuzoripob: 5:09pm On Sep 07, 2023
cheesy
grin
cheesy
grin allow him to spend his STOLEN NIGERIANS MONEY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Elvis2kay: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
angry
Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by nairalee(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Lawyers will have more beer and pepper soup to order in the bars.

One man's appeal is another man's flexing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Reelmii: 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
grin
Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by Treasure17(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Don't bother wasting your time and resources. Nigeria is gone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Rejects Tribunal Judgement, Heads To Supreme Court by DMerciful(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2023
Is it your horse?
duro4chang:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lamido-Amaechi Campaign Posters Flood Ibadan / Egyptian Ambassador, Salama, Travelled By Road From Maiduguri To Yobe - Buhari / President Buhari To Reconsider Re-opening Nigerian Embassy In Sri Lanka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.