Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,184 members, 7,864,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? (1012 Views)

Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky / I Am Sorry For Believing Daddy Freeze Now I Know Who The True Christians Are / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by victorian(f): 9:40pm On Mar 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:

eyah! Pele. Sorry for ur lost.

Have u asked urself why god saved u and not save ur mom and bro? Is it that them dont believe in god?

Also, all these death encounters u have faced and still live, (probably god saves u bcus u believe in him.) i have also faced death. I reside in the North and I can't count how many times I have met with BK boys also the bomb blast that occurred in Kaduna state Feb 2012 happened right in my presnts. Peole died but I didnt. I dont believe in god. What can u say about my case? God saved me?

Like I said to someone , I don't know about his own case and I will say same about your case as well and why u were saved. Its only my own I can talk of . I don't have the powers to read God's mind and actions , am only human .
Also I don't know why God didn't save my mum and brother . At least I have the intention of asking God when I'm eventually laid to rest , than asking anybody about it . God made it happen , He alone has the answer .

That's why I said , wait until u die , then u can ask God all your burning questions . Be patient . One day u will die , everyone of us will . Then remember and ask God . He will answer you.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
vonlogon:

You cannot believe in what you don't love, it still revolves around each other
so in ur case u dont have a reason to believe in god?
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
kimco:
I believe in God (not Jesus mind you) because I was indoctrinated to do so. If im to really have a reason to believe in him, it would be that I need something to believe in, in times of need. call it cognitive homeostasis. This is the real truth, rich people, or people who can change the course of their destinies do not rely on God. Mostly its the miserables that do that. Count the number of times one has gone to church being very poor vrs the times he goes when he earns a hefty living. I guess im saying that I believe in God still because Im miserable and need something to believe in.
This is a 5star response.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2019
victorian:

Like I said to someone , I don't know about his own case and I will say same about your case as well and why u were saved. Its only my own I can talk of . I don't have the powers to read God's mind and actions , am only human .
Also I don't know why God didn't save my mum and brother . At least I have the intention of asking God when I'm eventually laid to rest , than asking anybody about it . God made it happen , He alone has the answer .

That's why I said , wait until u die , then u can ask God all your burning questions . Be patient . One day u will die , everyone of us will . Then remember and ask God . He will answer you.
Bestie why cant u ask god qustn why alive? Why wait till u die? In ur bible people ask him qustns while d were alive and he answered. Even ur present MOGs are asking him qustns and he is answering. Why should we wait till wen we are dead b4 asking? Does god only listens to d dead?
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by victorian(f): 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Bestie why cant u ask god qustn why alive? Why wait till u die? In ur bible people ask him qustns while d were alive and he answered. Even ur present MOGs are asking him qustns and he is answering. Why should we wait till wen we are dead b4 asking? Does god only listens to d dead?

Well I'm not MOGs , I don't know how they do it . God is a spirit , He is not a human being , He's not a man . So to become a spirit u need to be dead first and let the spirit be free to ask God, whatever he or she needs to ask.

For me, I'm not impatient like you.

I'm living my life . So be patient or u can ask MOGs , how they access answers from God , as u are well aware they do receive answers from God .

Contact any of them and ask them on questions meant for God .
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by kimco(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2019
victorian:

Well I'm not MOGs , I don't know how they do it . God is a spirit , He is not a human being , He's not a man . So to become a spirit u need to be dead first and let the spirit be free to ask God, whatever he or she needs to ask.

For me, I'm not impatient like you.

I'm living my life . So be patient or u can ask MOGs , how they access answers from God , as u are well aware they do receive answers from God .

Contact any of them and ask them on questions meant for God .

Why do we refer to God as a he tho? A question that has always bothered my mind.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Conversion Of Emperor Constantine To Christianity.Blessing Or Curse? / Do You See The Mysterious Angel That Appears At TB Joshua Burial / Cloth Falls From Heaven In Ondo City, Residents Fight To Have A Piece (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.