Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? (985 Views)

Win ₦90k For Believing In God. No Hanky-panky / I Am Sorry For Believing Daddy Freeze Now I Know Who The True Christians Are / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 8:25pm On Mar 01, 2019
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 8:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
50 views no single response. I'm not surprise anyway. I knew 90percent theists don't know why the believe in a god.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 8:38pm On Mar 01, 2019
jesusjnr2
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by oldman112(m): 8:41pm On Mar 01, 2019
I believe in God because all my success comes from him. When I look back how it all started and were I am now I smile and see more reasons to believe in him.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by penplus: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2019
HE is my Creator

The Giver of my life and...

The Holder of my soul, body and Spirit

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2019
oldman112:
I believe in God because all my success comes from him. When I look back how it all started and were I am now I smile and see more reasons to believe in him.
Explain the bolded in details
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by oldman112(m): 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Explain the bolded in details
my definition of Success I think is what matters her. My life I know is about testimonies. You mustn't believe in him to have good health and riches but when you believe in him you have riches good health and lastly peace of mind. I still don't mean that people that don't believe in him won't have peace but I dedicate mine to Him.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:12pm On Mar 01, 2019
oldman112:
my definition of Success I think is what matters her. My life I know is about testimonies.
Would u mind sharing at least two testimonies?

You mustn't believe in him to have good health and riches but when you believe in him you have riches good health and lastly peace of mind. I still don't mean that people that don't believe in him won't have peace but I dedicate mine to Him.
They are billions of people who believe in him and still don't have good health, riches and peace of mind as u stated above.

I know milions who are core belivers and still living below a dollar per day.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff the great religionist is avoiding this thread. Jesusjnr the NL bishop is doing same. I know my bestie victorian will say something
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by oldman112(m): 9:36pm On Mar 01, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Would u mind sharing at least two testimonies?
They are billions of people who believe in him and still don't have good health, riches and peace of mind as u stated above.

I know milions who are core belivers and still living below a dollar per day.
there is nothing I would tell you as one of the testimonies that you would say haven't happened before but I dedicate mine to Him so just chose three you are expecting and use it. Am a Christian and knows my Father in Heaven knows the number of hairs in my head. Once you understand this you wouldn't be bothered what life brings to you. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by Martinez39(m): 9:58pm On Mar 01, 2019
They won't visit this thread because they know that they have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 10:08pm On Mar 01, 2019
Martinez39:
They won't visit this thread because they know that they have nothing reasonable to say.
am tellin u my broda. Even the almighty NL pastor @jesusjnr and greatest religionist muttleylaff are avoiding the thread. Is this not a proof that these people dont know what d are doing?
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 10:10pm On Mar 01, 2019
oldman112:
there is nothing I would tell you as one of the testimonies that you would say haven't happened before but I dedicate mine to Him so just chose three you are expecting and use it. Am a Christian and knows my Father in Heaven knows the number of hairs in my head. Once you understand this you wouldn't be bothered what life brings to you. Thanks dear
so ur bigger testimony is dat ur father in heaven knows the numbers of hair on ur head? U aint sayin nothing.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 10:14pm On Mar 01, 2019
Originakalokalo
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 10:30pm On Mar 01, 2019
Michellekabod2
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
CAPSLOCKED have u seen how the so called believers avoid this thread? One will expect them to flood in here to tell us why the believe in an all-loving God.

These chumps don't even know why they believe in a god. Smh.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by vonlogon: 12:19am On Mar 02, 2019
Its like asking why you love your father or mother, truth is you don't need a reason, love doesn't need reasons, if I tell you I believe in God for a specific reason, then I'm indirectly saying that's why I'm a believer. Truth is we all started of as atheists but over time we each went on our separate journey of discovery. In my own case, no one preached to me, God found me and brought me home, I believe him yet I haven't seen him, happy is he not seeing yet believes. The true test of faith is things you don't see yet you believe, even atheists do it. If you desire it, God will prove himself to you, your spirit and tour whole being will bear you witness.

Please, this is not in anyway geared at insulting your personal belief, I just tried answering your question as inspired. Apologies if any offence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:22am On Mar 02, 2019
SIMPLE... THEY BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS TAUGHT THEM TO BELIEVE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by victorian(f): 8:50am On Mar 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
MuttleyLaff the great religionist is avoiding this thread. Jesusjnr the NL bishop is doing same. I know my bestie victorian will say something

Smiles ...

Hmmm! Send me a pm .

And to the question, have been saved miraculously from death several times. And to me , I find it strange and I feel God is the one who some how , some way has been keeping me alive till date . My being alive today is a huge miracle .
I'm amazed about it . Even though have experienced things that have killed people in a past, but am still alive . hale and hearty .
I'm humbled and surprised .

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by hopefulLandlord: 8:57am On Mar 02, 2019
victorian:

Smiles ...

Hmmm! Send me a pm .

And to the question, have been saved miraculously from death several times. And to me , I find it strange and I feel God is the one who some how , some way has been keeping me alive till date . My being alive today is a huge miracle .
I'm amazed about it . Even though have experienced things that have killed people in a past, but am still alive . hale and hearty .

What sayeth thou to people like us who as an atheist have escaped death too? I've escaped situations in which some others died. I've escaped alive from situations that looked like certain death but I was an atheist before, during and after these occurrences.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by victorian(f): 9:10am On Mar 02, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

What sayeth thou to people like us who as an atheist have been saved from death too? I've escaped situations in which some others died. I've escaped alive from situations that looked like certain death but I was an atheist before, during and after these occurrences.

I don't know about yours but in the past when I got angry with my life situation. And I said angrily to myself , that God u don't exist! You are not powerful , you are just there enjoying praises and worship from people but u don't have the power people think you have .
My dear ,that day I had a ghastly car and bike accident . Accident I rarely have before , that fateful day , i had an accident , I was rushed to the hospital and there in the hospital bed ,I knew God was passing a message to me , which is :Victoria I have been saving your ass all these while , so don't think I do not exist , cos I do.
On my bed I cried for forgiveness and accepted God back .
Since then till date , no more accidents. Even when heart attacks kill people , even killed my mum within 10mins of her fainting but in my own case the heart attack will come , I will scream in pain ,faint but still wake up with no pain in my heart . it happened several times but I will still wake up and feel OK afterwards . my mum fainted but died within 10mins . my only brother fainted from heart attack , and had stroke but died after three years . I had heart attack but woke up after an hour or so like nothing happened .

Isn't that God ?

So I can only talk about me , I dont know about yours .
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

What sayeth thou to people like us who as an atheist have escaped death too? I've escaped situations in which some others died. I've escaped alive from situations that looked like certain death but I was an atheist before, during and after these occurrences.

THIS IS A JOKE TO THE CHRISTIAN, WHO WILL STILL INSIST THAT NO MATTER YOUR RELIGION OR FAITH YOUR BEING ALIVE AND SAVED FROM ALL THOSE TRAGEDIES IS THE WILL AND GRACE OF "HIS OWN" GOD. THE CHRISTIAN GOD.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE GUYS.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by MuttleyLaff: 9:16am On Mar 02, 2019
victorian:
Smiles ...

Hmmm! Send me a pm .

110% exactly the same thing(s) and more with me too.

#IfYouKnowYouKnow things
If you know, you know. Who no know, like GreatResearcher, CAPSLOCKED and others, no go know

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by victorian(f): 9:18am On Mar 02, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

#IfYouKnowYouKnow things
If you know, you know. Who no know, like GreatResearcher, CAPSLOCKED and others, no go know

That's it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by vonlogon: 2:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:
SIMPLE... THEY BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE THEIR PARENTS TAUGHT THEM TO BELIEVE.

Don't believe in God because you are told to by some one, don't believe in God because of the Bible, See, if you don't have an inner witness that God is and is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. Then you can't believe in God. Its really not complex. Like I said, the default of every human being is atheism. Some people find it enough to believe in God because they were told to.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by kimco(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2019
I believe in God (not Jesus mind you) because I was indoctrinated to do so. If im to really have a reason to believe in him, it would be that I need something to believe in, in times of need. call it cognitive homeostasis. This is the real truth, rich people, or people who can change the course of their destinies do not rely on God. Mostly its the miserables that do that. Count the number of times one has gone to church being very poor vrs the times he goes when he earns a hefty living. I guess im saying that I believe in God still because Im miserable and need something to believe in.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by CAPSLOCKED: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2019
kimco:
I believe in God (not Jesus mind you) because I was indoctrinated to do so. If im to really have a reason to believe in him, it would be that I need something to believe in, in times of need. call it cognitive homeostasis. This is the real truth, rich people, or people who can change the course of their destinies do not rely on God. Mostly its the miserables that do that. Count the number of times one has gone to church being very poor vrs the times he goes when he earns a hefty living. I guess im saying that I believe in God still because Im miserable and need something to believe in.

BLESSED BE HONEST PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by UceeGod: 6:53pm On Mar 02, 2019
True belief in God is not a function of your mind or feelings, it takes an active spirit to truly believe and know God. You may profess to be a Christian with degrees in theology yet have no faith in God.

All humans are born spiritually dead. God is a Spirit and any human who wills to acknowledge Him must do so through his regenerated spirit, not the mind or emotions.

I have every reason and no particular reason to believe in God's existence. A natural mind may not be able to reconcile that, only the spiritually minded ones have God's revelation.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
vonlogon:
Its like asking why you love your father or mother, truth is you don't need a reason, love doesn't need reasons, if I tell you I believe in God for a specific reason, then I'm indirectly saying that's why I'm a believer. Truth is we all started of as atheists but over time we each went on our separate journey of discovery. In my own case, no one preached to me, God found me and brought me home, I believe him yet I haven't seen him, happy is he not seeing yet believes. The true test of faith is things you don't see yet you believe, even atheists do it. If you desire it, God will prove himself to you, your spirit and tour whole being will bear you witness.

Please, this is not in anyway geared at insulting your personal belief, I just tried answering your question as inspired. Apologies if any offence.
There's a big gap b/w love and believe. There's must be a reason u believe in something.

U can't just believe anything unless u are a zombie.
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
victorian:

I don't know about yours but in the past when I got angry with my life situation. And I said angrily to myself , that God u don't exist! You are not powerful , you are just there enjoying praises and worship from people but u don't have the power people think you have .
My dear ,that day I had a ghastly car and bike accident . Accident I rarely have before , that fateful day , i had an accident , I was rushed to the hospital and there in the hospital bed ,I knew God was passing a message to me , which is :Victoria I have been saving your ass all these while , so don't think I do not exist , cos I do.
On my bed I cried for forgiveness and accepted God back .
Since then till date , no more accidents. Even when heart attacks kill people , even killed my mum within 10mins of her fainting but in my own case the heart attack will come , I will scream in pain ,faint but still wake up with no pain in my heart . it happened several times but I will still wake up and feel OK afterwards . my mum fainted but died within 10mins . my only brother fainted from heart attack , and had stroke but died after three years . I had heart attack but woke up after an hour or so like nothing happened .

Isn't that God ?

So I can only talk about me , I dont know about yours .

eyah! Pele. Sorry for ur lost.

Have u asked urself why god saved u and not save ur mom and bro? Is it that them dont believe in god?

Also, all these death encounters u have faced and still live, (probably god saves u bcus u believe in him.) i have also faced death. I reside in the North and I can't count how many times I have met with BK boys also the bomb blast that occurred in Kaduna state Feb 2012 happened right in my presnts. Peole died but I didnt. I dont believe in god. What can u say about my case? God saved me?
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by vonlogon: 9:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
There's a big gap b/w love and believe. There's must be a reason u believe in something.

U can't just believe anything unless u are a zombie.

You cannot believe in what you don't love, it still revolves around each other
Re: What Are Your Reasons For Believing In God? by GreatResearcher: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

#IfYouKnowYouKnow things
This one has nothing to say. I asked u ur reasons for believing in god and all u could say is dat shit at d bolded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Vatican Digging A Secret Tunnel In Jerusalem To Exhume King David's DNA' (Pcs) / Dry or wet fast?... / Nigerians React To Leaked Photo Of Mummy Go's Alerged Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.