Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,084 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures (73181 Views)

My Daughter Was Bullied At Faith Academy, Abuja & Sexually Assaulted - Parent / Faith Academy: Secondary School Campus By Bishop David Oyedepo / Beautiful Pictures Of Faith Academy Goshen(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by sukerefakere(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
What is going on here?? What is the aim of this thread highered

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by tunize(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
psucc:
If I fail, my children shall surely send their children to schools of this nature. I am laying a foundation for them to build on.
So u nor believe in yourself at all?
why the "if " u fail.
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by SammieRexx(m): 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2019
HigherEd:
NB Faith Academy schools exist in numerous locations. But the few pictures here depicts a few of those schools in popular corridors across Nigeria

Faith Academy Goshen cont'd
Chemistry lab
Fine art studio
Technical lab
I was a staff of faith academy goshen and that chemistry lab was my office for years.
Will always be part of this family

10 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by Rhea(f): 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
HigherEd:
When most attack the efforts of the church they do so in ignorance! The Church remains the most potent Non government movement that has impacted positively on both education and healthcare from the very first times missionaries set foot in Africa. Today 70% of Congo's entire secondary schools are catholic while a significant portion of Nigeria's public secondary schools where initially established by white missionaries.

Faith Academy schools are spread across Nigeria. The living faith Church hopes to own about 700 of these secondary schools across Africa in addition to 5000 primary schools. The FA schools are all managed by the Education commission of Living Faith Church headed by Professor Bridget Sokan. The Education Commission of the Church Operates from the 4th floor of Covenant University Senate building.

In attestation of the quality of Church high schools the last highest jamb scorer for 2018 was a product of Faith Academy Ota with 364. Apart from this thousands of teachers are needed to service these schools creating massive employment.

By 2032 the LFC church total secondary schools would equal that of Oyo and its primary schools would equal that of the entire south west states in Nigeria.

When you read this know full well that these schools just represent a minute portion of the total christian effort in education.

Faith Academy Goshen Nasarrawa

front classroom
admin block

Looks like my science lab 25 years ago. Well done Oyedepo. I pray you offer at least 30% of the spots in this school to less privileged kids

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by CodeTemplar: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

You are too ignorant and not business minded..do you know that business are in two folds..one the fees which brings incomes and also real estate..do you know the history of most FMCGs? its about real estate...Banks, FMCGs, industries are all into real estate..any good business man wants to own the building and also make the money while the property appreciates ;Dthese group of schools are money spinners for the Oyedepo dynasty while the real estate appreciates over time..

My families school building was bought at 5m per plot for 2 plots in 2005..now current valuation stands at 35m per plot grin that 10m for 2 plots to 70m OMV..

You don't understand business if you think buying a school premises is all about making the money back in form of liquid cash grin..besides the money will be made back eventually over the years..

Furthermore, remember its free money for Oyedepo..monies made from donations that he never worked for..unlike my family that bought the 10m property from my father gratuity grin

Oyedepo doesn't need to make the money spent back because for him he has tied down his money in a fixed asset that generates currents assets while the fixed assets appreciates grin...qualities of a good business man
You didnt address anything I raised but instead added more speculation to your initial rumours.
How can a school building appreciate? If that is the case, why don't govt schools appreciate naturally?
plus the bolded is speculative and the school still remains nameless A. K. A. speculation
Your brain must be liquid sir. No offense intended.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
See investment!!! But it bothers me that .......
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by AngelicBeing: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
cool
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by kingthreatz: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
I hope the fees are not like 1 million per session. Church investing into other businesses.
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by sevyservice(m): 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Wish it can be for free education. Nice though

JAMB Portal
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by wink2015(m): 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
APART FROM NORMAL CHURCH OFFERINGS, CONTRIBUTIONS AND DONATIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE WINNERS CHURCH.

I THINK BANK LOANS WHICH DAVID OYEDEPO COLLECTED MAY HAVE HELPED HIM CONSIDERABLY TO BUILD ALL THIS MAGNIFICIENT EDIFICE.

Many banks will definately approve loans for him with the belief that he will not default in payment.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by gaskiyamagana: 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
Hope, he is paying tithe on this to the govt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by Kennydoc(m): 5:14pm On Mar 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

This is a very ignorant post..y r you acting like Oyedepo is doing Nigeria a favour? don't you know the person that benefits most from this is Oyedepo? is the school free? is the school subsidised?

This a business like any other business..i know because my family owns a school in Lagos that generates million every quarter...what is all this rubbish like we should clap that a great thing has been done..

These schools are built with tithe and offerings of the people and privatised to personal business and you are here talking like a great thing was done..should we clap for him undecided

If those people didn't pay the tithe and give the offerings, there wouldn't be these schools today. Those same people may not have been richer today cos they would have spent the same tithe and offering money on something else. The addition of these schools is a great boost to the Nigerian educational system. I can also bet you that these schools will most likely have a far better standard than the average government owned schools in their localities.

Whether built with tithe and offering money or his personal money, whether expensive or free, Oyedepo should be commended for his massive investment in education. Look at Covenant already among the top 3 universities in Nigeria. It's a thing of pride.
The government compulsorily collects tax from all the working class citizens and the money is squandered by a few. Oyedepo collects tithe from a few Winners members out of their own choice and invests the money massively, yet people are complaining.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by Ekealterego: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
CodeTemplar:

You didnt address anything I raised but instead added more speculation to your initial rumours.
How can a school building appreciate? If that is the case, why don't govt schools appreciate naturally?
plus the bolded is speculative and the school still remains nameless A. K. A. speculation
So school doesn't appreciate and the land on which the school is built doesn't either?
No wonder the IQ of the average African is assessed to be low... With assertions like this, one could clearly not argue against that.

Why can't the govt school appreciate? WTF are you chatting about?

13 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by Awoo88: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
See fine school! Check the rooster, those places have more Muslims there than Christians. The ones that could not afford schools abroad and the ones who want strict upbringing for their ward
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by gaskiyamagana: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2019
wink2015:
APART FROM NORMAL CHURCH OFFERINGS, CONTRIBUTIONS AND DONATIONS FROM MEMBERS OF THE WINNERS CHURCH.

I THINK BANK LOANS WHICH DAVID OYEDEPO COLLECTED MAY HAVE HELPED HIM CONSIDERABLY TO BUILD ALL THIS MAGNIFICIENT EDIFICE.

Many banks will definately approve loans for him with the belief that he will not default in payment.
Big lie. Every Sunday revenue from branches is enough.

3 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by CodeTemplar: 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

That you don't know that school business is one of the most profitable business in Nigeria it shows me how ignorant you really are grin ask a financial expert..do you know commercial banks give loans to schools without collateral? most banks have these special packages for schools because school business like food business and healthcare will always be needed till Christ comes..same cannot be said for other businesses grin

I run a school for my family and if you know how much we make you will be surprised...if managed properly its a gold mine
More speculations without a school name. Sample you school pictures lets see maybe you are using bamboo to construct classroom in Magodo self.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by vibrant: 5:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
psucc:
If I fail, my children shall surely send their children to schools of this nature. I am laying a foundation for them to build on.
I really just can't stop laughing
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by demolinka(m): 5:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
Like it or not, this should be the minimum standard for any high school in this country, if we want to help the coming generation. It's only natural that churches, mosqued and entrepreneurs step into the scene and alter the failing state of Nigerian educational system. A wholistic approach to education involving well equipped classrooms and labs, well paid and motivated teachers, sizable land Mass for sports and recreational activities, not all this half plot international creche, primary and secondary Schools...all in one!

If government can't help, we must do the needful

5 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by gobuchinny: 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2019
CodeTemplar:

How can a school building appreciate? If that is the case, why dont govt schools appreciate naturally?

You are ignorant sir and don't read between the lines..how can a school building appreciate?did you really ask me that...hmmm...are school biuldings not real estates? don't you know that real estate always appreciates?

The value of Government school in 2006 is it the same value now? do you know that in Lagos state Government balance sheets the properties will appear as fixed assets which culminates to profitability?

Y do you think people buy houses or build estates and put for rent? do you think its because they wanna make the principal back? you are not exposed and not financially equipped to comprehend..do you have a building of your own? if you do then you will understand my points..

But you have been brainwashed grin

Its like money laundering bro..when you have so much cash you buy fixed assets to convert the money to fixed assets which in turn generates liability..you really dont care to make your principal invested but all you want is that your principal is secured and no better way to secure same than through treasury bills/bonds and real estate...

but you will never comprehend because you lack business acumen and are very limited to your pettiness grin

6 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by contigiency(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2019
Reading the article, the writer seems to suggest that people are against the church from contributing to education. No. What people are actually saying is that almost all the schools built by the churches in Nigeria are exclusively reserved for the rich. Because, about 90% of the followers can't afford the fees being charged. Whereas, when the missionaries brought us education among other things, their aim was to reach out to the poor, as against what is being practised today which takes to the rich instead.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by CodeTemplar: 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2019
SammieRexx:

I was a staff of faith academy goshen and that chemistry lab was my office for years.
Will always be part of this family
God bless you. If I may ask, does the school make profit?
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by bankylan: 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

This is a very ignorant post..y r you acting like Oyedepo is doing Nigeria a favour? don't you know the person that benefits most from this is Oyedepo? is the school free? is the school subsidised?

This a business like any other business..i know because my family owns a school in Lagos that generates million every quarter...what is all this rubbish like we should clap that a great thing has been done..

These schools are built with tithe and offerings of the people and privatised to personal business and you are here talking like a great thing was done..should we clap for him undecided

.you are the ignorant one here.. Name the school your family owns and let's compare. Making unfounded allegation is insane!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by shugabasbn: 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
It is nice n good idea. But it would have bn the best if it is affordable for Sun and Sundry of the church
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by CoolAmbience(m): 5:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

Don't mind him....let him keep talking like a slave.

Creating employment my foot!

How many commoners in his church can afford to send their children / wards to these schools?

Heard someone mention Nigeria's 10 million or more out-of-school children in praising Oyedepo...are these the people Oyedepo created his schools to educate? Isn't this an investment, like many others, that Oyedepo is reaping heavily from?

4 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by WarriAproko: 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
HigherEd:
Faith Academy Warri

*cost of construction was about #1 Billion.

were is this located in warri undecided
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by gosmoney(m): 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
gobuchinny:

what is d name of ur family's school pls cos I knw it has nt even been approve for waec talkless of been knwn. When u see good things appreciate it bro and stop d hate write up of urs ok
Re: David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures by CodeTemplar: 5:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
kingthreatz:
I hope the fees are not like 1 million per session. Church investing into other businesses.
Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pyjamas Day: See What Schools Are Turning Into / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) / Project Materials And Topics Alternative For All Dept

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.