Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis (7945 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by unclebros: 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2010
The guy is very good and is very real.

At least he doesnt fake his accent like Keshi and Amokachi

Goosssh! that Keshi really annoys me when he speaks. Please let someone tell him to be real for once.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by naso2(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
In fairness to Ikpeba, aside his challenge with Pronunciation sometimes, his analytical ability is much better than that of DAN DE BULL
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by sylve11: 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
make una nor let them chelsea fan hear o sad lipsrsealed grin cool
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by kobikwelu(m): 5:09pm On Sep 01, 2010
both of them are pure bunkum angry angry angry angry angry

their analysis is that of an amateur

the accent of ikpeba is a horror show
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by fiz007: 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2010
To me, the guy makes it more interesting wiv his bad grammar nd pronunciations, e.g he calls chelsea "shelsea", penalty "penarity"and called rubgy "roogbeey" hehe, abeg make una free ikpeba jor oo
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by tokunegiye(m): 6:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
I TAUGHT THAT GUY WANT OT UNI. IN ABROAD HOW COME HE SPEAKS WITH AN ACCENT grin, angryDSTV SHOULD TRY AN BRING IN OR ANALYST IT WILL HELP WHEN U LOOK AT SUPPERSPORTS SA, cool THE DIFFERENCE IS JUST CLEAR undecided.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by usbcable(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2010
12large ]
bros is not everybody that is broke like u or uses that arican dstv nonsense, here we watch skysport,bbc,espn and co so when you say something about ikpepa explain what he said.
[/quote]
[quote author=slap1:

So we must all watch match with 'your' stations, abi? And do you watch all of them in tandem? Nonsense! You can't even spell Ikpeba, Mr. Satelite.
ROFLMAO
Mr Satellite
''Omo airi ola ri to so ra re ni ola ni iyonu''
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by abhosts(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2010
I really do not understand the wisdom in this new arrangement. SS3N is now beginning to look like HITV.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:00pm On Sep 01, 2010
@posters. let me ask you one question. if Ikpeba was jamaican and spoke Patois. I am sure majority here will tune to watch it and make eager counter-analysis simply because Patois sounds cool to many and Patois soccer analysis willsure sound interesting. but because the guy na naija boy, we simply claim we spoke englis more than am
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Skidoc(m): 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2010
12large:
bros is not everybody that is broke like u or uses that arican dstv nonsense, here we watch skysport,bbc,espn and co so when you say something about ikpepa explain what he said.

LOL Rich boy watching Skysports, BBC, ESPN. E be like say this boy just enter Jand so e still dey shack am! Let's clap for this boy, he's a Janded guy. grin
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by decogrin(m): 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2010
They are beta dan som who use 2 say the match was 2-2 goalless draw[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by bignaija(m): 8:38pm On Sep 01, 2010
it doesnt matter billons matter
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by chelseabmw(m): 9:15pm On Sep 01, 2010
they r trying. . . . . . its not easy at all
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by rasputinn(m): 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2010
When I him the first thing that came to my mind was OMG,who's now taking care of Ikpeba's regular  day job?i.e acting as P.A Jay Jay Okocha?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by chelseabmw(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2010
in every 10 words from amokachi,he always will say'U KNOW' 'U KNOW'
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by dmz(m): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2010
Terrible, tht Charles speaks beta english dosnt make him a gud analyst. dnt no if nybdy saw d match btw B.Munich vs Wolfsburg? bcz of audio problems, d guys in d studio hd 2 comment on d match, I hd 2 mute d TV 4 most of d game,
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by mbulela: 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2010
i have been concerned about this situation for a while.
sometimes when you complain, you are said to be an afro-pessimist.
The truth is that something is wrong with our footballers.
someone like Ikpeba who played for top clubs like Dortmund, Monaco and Liege can not bring an insightful analysis into a game beyond what i an arm chair follower of the game can see is a sad indictment.
The less said about Amokachi, the better.
Keshi is no better and he has to keep up that phony silly accent in order to continue conning gullible african countries.
the earlier we realise that most of these ex-internationals are empty up stairs as it concerns the game, the better for us.
I would love to hear Siasia analyse a few matches on tv before i conclude on him.However, i know he is a sharp man and would only expose himself after he has signed that jumbo contract with those bunch of frauds called NFF.
I have listened to a few players who played with these ex-internationals of ours dissect the game and i respect them.
listen to men like Seedorf or Marcel Desiily (i will stick to black brothers for obvious reasons), they make insightful comments that make you want  to rewind the play and see what you missed.
Charles Anazodo a Nollywood sports journalist.All he has to offer is is fine face and charming smile.
Completely empty.
In any other field, he would have long being sacked gross ineffectiveness.
google men like Jonathan Wilson and Gabriele Marcotti and see how knowledgeable football journalists are.
the likes of Charles Anazodo just live for the estacodes and free matches.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by mbulela: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2010
i am obviously no fan of Ikpeba but as a little defence, the fact that he has not lived in english speaking countries for the last 20 years does not help his pronunciation skills whatsoever.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Jeezy: 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2010
LOOOL!!! OMG and i thot i was the only one that cringes when the guy talks. Amokachi is even a bit calm. Ikpeba is so loud and crude, i wonder how the guy managed to get on satellite tv.

I feel embarassed for him.His diction is way off. Homeboi kinda reminds me of Lord of Ajasa grin grin grin
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by jidobaba(m): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2010
Ikpeba, Prince of Shelsea grin
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by asha80(m): 11:20pm On Sep 01, 2010
What about Nduka Ugbade That one na horroh show
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 02, 2010
no one dey vex me like that Keshi,

what's up with the fake accent? angry angry
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Kilode1: 12:55am On Sep 02, 2010
Jeezy:

LOOOL!!! OMG and i thot i was the only one that cringes when the guy talks. Amokachi is even a bit calm. Ikpeba is so loud and crude, i wonder how the guy managed to get on satellite tv.

I feel embarassed for him.His diction is way off. Homeboi kinda reminds me of Lord of Ajasa grin grin grin

yesboss20:

Guys, I'm lovin your comments. Yeah, Ikpeba's pronunciation and intonation is 1daful to say the least. "Shelsi", "Oroguay", etc. Even Daniel "the bull" isn't so much better. We just got to enjoy them.  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

kobikwelu:

both of them are pure bunkum angry angry angry angry angry

their analysis is that of an amateur

the accent of ikpeba is a horror show

tokunegiye:

I TAUGHT THAT GUY WANT OT UNI. IN ABROAD HOW COME HE SPEAKS WITH AN ACCENT grin, angryDSTV SHOULD TRY AN BRING IN OR ANALYST IT WILL HELP WHEN U LOOK AT SUPPERSPORTS SA, cool THE DIFFERENCE IS JUST CLEAR undecided.

SMH at all these Nigerians Dissing their Brother's Nigerian accent and pronunciation shocked shocked shocked

Americans and Britons will probably never do that, else they will "diss" you for not using their own accent.

I doubt South Africans will "diss" their people for speaking or pronouncing with a South African accent.

Dissing a Nigerian on a Nigerian forum for speaking like an average Nigerian on a TV station broadcasted to Millions of Nigerians is called Self-hate in my books -but what do I know.

Imperialism and neo-colonialism don injure my peoples psyche finish,  very sad.

his Football analysis is another issue, but to "diss" his diction(which has a lot to do with accent, pronunciation and mother toungue) is just not cool.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by galamadrid(m): 1:15am On Sep 02, 2010
for once i tot NL will not talk about this issue. The guy is so awful on analysis, diction is poor, knowledge of some basic football tins is not there. They should just recruit some of the hitv pple at least the guy that won the analyse this event.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by 1forall: 5:09am On Sep 02, 2010
I didn't imagine this would be a topic here, interesting. . .  grin
It's a big shame watching Ikpeba on Supersport, I feel ashamed when I hear him speak. He may have good stuff to say but I think football analysis on TV requires a balance of content and presentation. And Amokachi is only looking good (somehow) 'cos he's sitted beside Ikpeba. Try putting him aside John Barnes and he disappears!
I actually thought Anazodo was cool till I read through this topic, now I truly realize the man would be a far better presenter than football analyst. Imagining we may be stuck with these guys the whole season is not a fun thought at all.

And if you still don't think there's anything wrong with the mediocre presentation, well, I get it lipsrsealed
If you're concerned and want a change try sending them an email. I did already.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by JaaizTech: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2010
Well, Victor Ikpeba is improving. He probably barely made it past secondary school. I like his efforts; He is really forcing it and may be in 2 years He could become a very good analyst. Even Amokachi falls short, but speaks better English. I think DSTV is making a mistake, I prefer the analyst we had last season; that lady, the kickoff guy and one fat Journo. Funny how I can't remember their names.

Perhaps they can make it one ex-international and one good football analyst, Mike Mayaki comes to mind.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by sayso: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2010
guys are filling their pockets,leave them alone.their are options on the remote.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 02, 2010
Nduka Ugbade's face is a let down.The other nyte,was about to get it on with my woman,when I saw his face,I lost all enthusiasm and my girl was wondering if I had problems.
True,Charles Anazodo doesn't know ANYTHING about soccer.He just has good diction,but his shallow disposition is not better than the puddle after yesterday's rain.
Dan the Fool?Please.Hearing him squeak through his fake accent like a mouse nibbling at cheese makes me want to throw up.
Ikpeba is a huge unmitigated DISASTER by all proportions
Supersports nor try.They shoulda left us with Gary Bailey,Terry Paine and co.,but I guess they want to satisfy their Nigerian viewers.At least SS's presentation is better than HiTV's beer-parlour cum ITK analysis where everyone including the presenter wants to outdo the other.

1 Like

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by autolease: 9:00am On Sep 02, 2010
Bringing in poorly spoken guys like Ikpeba is DSTV's way of insulting Nigeria. These guys are supposed to be our ambassadors, but when Semi Illiterates are chosen by DSTV to represent NIgeria on thier platform then a lot is left to be desired. Its a shame!!! cry cry cry
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Ranoscky(m): 9:27am On Sep 02, 2010
^
U don't know what u'r talkin about. Is it not a pleasure to doz dat r called up to com n analyse a football match? Do u think d called up one's (Ikpeba, Amokachi etc) R thinkin of what u'r worried about right now? whatever bothers u about dia analysis is not dia problem, all dey know is dat, dey'v done what dey wia called for. If u urself is worried about dia poor analysis, den all u gat to do is try n reach dem on (mobile or email) n explain to dem dat dey should try n improve on d way dey speak or pronounce, dat it's too poor to ur lykin. N stop blamin it on d DSTV pls!

Abi shey dstv know say dem no sabi pronounce or analyse football for dey invited dem? undecided
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by kenerep: 9:53am On Sep 02, 2010
Charles for me got the nod to be presenter of that show because he got good diction, For Ikpeba and Amokachi they a lil bit above very bad presenters for Ikpeba maybe if they make present the french version he [b]might [/b]be ok since he spent some time @ monaco grin grin grin. diction wise though!
but match analysis while at times we may have different opinions about what the presenters are saying including those in South Africa i think Charles rates worst amongst the three when it comes to analysis, from his time at fan milk sport special on a radio program where his lack of knowledge about the game was so obvious( call in program) i wondered why it was him dstv had to employ but anyways present day Nigeria if you can speak like an American anything goes!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by kenerep: 10:07am On Sep 02, 2010
SMH at all these Nigerians Dissing their Brother's Nigerian accent and pronunciation Shocked Shocked Shocked

Americans and Britons will probably never do that, else they will "diss" you for not using their own accent.

I doubt South Africans will "diss" their people for speaking or pronouncing with a South African accent.

Dissing a Nigerian on a Nigerian forum for speaking like an average Nigerian on a TV station broadcasted to Millions of Nigerians is called Self-hate in my books -but what do I know.

Imperialism and neo-colonialism don injure my peoples psyche finish, very sad.

his Football analysis is another issue, but to "diss" his diction(which has a lot to do with accent, pronunciation and mother toungue) is just not cool.

maybe you did not watch the late Night Show where George Bush was yabbed for pronoucing Irag, I raq! when making comparisons be sure you know what youare talking about, why have you not seen people with bad accent present and no knowledge about what they are presenting on cnn, bbc, sky?
wake up man, DSTV out of trying to satisfy Nigerians have ended up disgracing Nigeria with those presenters, Neo-colonialism ko, matrix colonialism ni!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paralympics 2012 (13 medals). Nigeria Has 6 Gold 5 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals / NPFL: Shooting Stars Vs Rangers (1 - 1) On 17th May 2015 / Footballer Dele Alli Caught On Video Receiving MouthAction From Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.