Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,511 members, 7,812,582 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis (7946 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by BabaO2: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2010
I TAUGHT THAT GUY WANT OT UNI. IN ABROAD HOW COME HE SPEAKS WITH AN ACCENT Grin, angryDSTV SHOULD TRY AN BRING IN OR ANALYST IT WILL HELP WHEN U LOOK AT SUPPERSPORTS SA, Cool THE DIFFERENCE IS JUST CLEAR Undecided.
i wonder who is better, i can still understand Ikpeba, but dont know what you are spewing here
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by kenerep: 10:21am On Sep 02, 2010
i have been concerned about this situation for a while.
sometimes when you complain, you are said to be an afro-pessimist.
The truth is that something is wrong with our footballers.
someone like Ikpeba who played for top clubs like Dortmund, Monaco and Liege can not bring an insightful analysis into a game beyond what i an arm chair follower of the game can see is a sad indictment.
The less said about Amokachi, the better.
Keshi is no better and he has to keep up that phony silly accent in order to continue conning gullible african countries.
the earlier we realise that most of these ex-internationals are empty up stairs as it concerns the game, the better for us.
I would love to hear Siasia analyse a few matches on tv before i conclude on him.However, i know he is a sharp man and would only expose himself after he has signed that jumbo contract with those bunch of frauds called NFF.
I have listened to a few players who played with these ex-internationals of ours dissect the game and i respect them.
listen to men like Seedorf or Marcel Desiily (i will stick to black brothers for obvious reasons), they make insightful comments that make you want  to rewind the play and see what you missed.
Charles Anazodo a Nollywood sports journalist.All he has to offer is is fine face and charming smile.
Completely empty.
In any other field, he would have long being sacked gross ineffectiveness.
google men like Jonathan Wilson and Gabriele Marcotti and see how knowledgeable football journalists are.
the likes of Charles Anazodo just live for the estacodes and free matches.

Simply spot on,
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by real4jesus: 10:54am On Sep 02, 2010
have been concerned about this situation for a while.
someone like Ikpeba who played for top clubs like Dortmund, Monaco and Liege can not bring an insightful analysis into a game beyond what i an arm chair follower of the game can see is a sad indictment.
Keshi is no better and he has to keep up that phony silly accent in order to continue conning gullible african countries.
the earlier we realise that most of these ex-internationals are empty up stairs as it concerns the game, the better for us.
[td]I would love to hear Siasia analyse a few matches on tv before i conclude on him.However, i know he is a sharp man and would only expose himself after he has signed that jumbo contract with those bunch of frauds called NFF.
I have listened to a few players who played with these ex-internationals of ours dissect the game and i respect them.
listen to men like Seedorf or Marcel Desiily (i will stick to black brothers for obvious reasons), they make insightful comments that make you want  to rewind the play and see what you missed.
Charles Anazodo a Nollywood sports journalist.All he has to offer is is fine face and charming smile.
Completely empty.
google men like Jonathan Wilson and Gabriele Marcotti and see how knowledgeable football journalists are.
the likes of Charles Anazodo just live for the estacodes and free matches.[/td]

SPOT ON MAN!  I WASH REALLY DISAPOINTED 2 NITES BACK WHEN I WATCHED THEIR FIRST SPORT PROGRAMME I VOWED NEVER TO WATCH AGAIN!
AISHA FALODE WAS BETTER
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by 1forall: 10:58am On Sep 02, 2010
^
lipsrsealed
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by GBT(m): 11:51am On Sep 02, 2010
Bringing in poorly spoken guys like Ikpeba is DSTV's way of insulting Nigeria. These guys are supposed to be our ambassadors, but when Semi Illiterates are chosen by DSTV to represent NIgeria on thier platform then a lot is left to be desired. Its a shame!!!

I can remember vividly when my wife first heard him talk during an half time analysis , she taken aback and deflate, as she was reading caught a glimpse of victor and continued with her activity then instantly like she was pinched shot up to be sure it was the same face talking ( intonation, diction, pronunciation) . The shock on her face then I can still vividly recollect and believe me on this day I almost died with laughter.
Sadly for an individual who does not really understand soccer but just sits and watch, your words though not exactly was what she said .
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Nenum(m): 11:52am On Sep 02, 2010
mbulela:

i have been concerned about this situation for a while.
I would love to hear Siasia analyse a few matches on tv before i conclude on him.However, i know he is a sharp man and would only expose himself after he has signed that jumbo contract with those bunch of frauds called NFF.
listen to men like Seedorf or Marcel Desiily (i will stick to black brothers for obvious reasons), they make insightful comments that make you want to rewind the play and see what you missed.
Completely empty.
the likes of Charles Anazodo just live for the estacodes and free matches.

The world paints us as failures and we have been pretending all along hiding under the neo-colonial shit.

It's high time we look ourself's in the face and tell the truth, if not the laughter which is increasing daily would become a permanent stamp.

Let all write to dstv not to change to other nationality but give us those that would represent us properly after all we are the paying customer's.

Hope the "Federal character" is not been used as a selection yardstick.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by ozenyen(m): 12:11pm On Sep 02, 2010
infact these guys always bore me with their analysis. I dont seem to understand the craze for ex-internationals as analyst. They are underperforming. simply lack the necessary intelligence to interpret matches.

Ikpeba for one make speaking english look like a tough weightlifting exercise.
On his pronounciations ---- shelsea, penaity . i was listening to him on brilafm during the semis of SA2010 when he was saying "the OROGWAYS led By forlan can win this match if it gets to penaity shootout".

i thought i was the only one that heard this
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by mbulela: 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2010
Where is Emeka Enyadike?
Even with a speech defect (he stutters), he makes more sense than these jokers.
I am sure this whole thing is a 'man know man' arrangement.
mediocrity will kill and bury us.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Kilode1: 5:28pm On Sep 02, 2010
kenerep:

maybe you did not watch the late Night Show where George Bush was yabbed for pronoucing Irag, I raq! when making comparisons be sure you know what youare talking about, why have you not seen people with bad accent  present and no knowledge about what they are presenting on cnn, bbc, sky?
wake up man, DSTV out of trying to satisfy Nigerians have ended up disgracing Nigeria with those presenters, Neo-colonialism ko, matrix colonialism ni!

I have no problem with you disagreeing with his analyses. I believe my post said "his football analysis is another issue" read it again( just to be sure you know what you are talking about). I have no problem with condemning his analyses. BUT dissing your Nigerian brother's Nigerian accent that way is self-hate in my books.

Don't confuse the issue, if you think his analyses are not up to par, speak about that, leave accent and pronunciation out. A Nigerian shouldn't have to borrow a foreign accent to appear on a TV program broad-casted to millions of Nigerians just because some of his people hate listening to their own Nigerian accent.

He speaks English like a lot of Nigerians, probably like most Nigerians, and there is nothing wrong with that, even Americans don't speak English or pronounce English words like Britons. Don't give me that George Bush "I raq" example, Americans are proud of their American accent, pronunciation and intonation, obviously you are not happy with yours.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Ranoscky(m): 5:54pm On Sep 02, 2010
Whatever!
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Brisingr(m): 10:57pm On Sep 02, 2010
Supersport brought those guyz as comic relief afta a tough half of futbol.bsides who listens to dem anyway most of us start talkin to each other bout wat changes 2 b made
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Goldenmeda(m): 8:30am On Sep 03, 2010
WHATEVER GRAMMAR NA GRAMMAR, SO FAR SAY UNA DEY UNDERSTAND D MAN
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by HNIC(m): 9:20am On Sep 03, 2010
Brisingr:

bsides who listens to dem anyway most of us start talkin to each other bout wat changes 2 b made
Thanks bros.
I hardly listen to half time commentaries by Pundits who talk crap anyways.
Their bias for the club they support makes them poor in their analysis
It's not just naija.
the other day, Phil Brown was on BBC MOTD
I laugh grin
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by gozzilla(m): 10:44am On Sep 03, 2010
^^^True we end up not listening to them, but it simply spoils the fun of the game. Just watch a game of football on showtime and you will shake your head in disgust at what SS has on show.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Okoroson(m): 5:07am On Sep 07, 2010
@Kinezeala (m)

ehe bros, now that u mentioned it, i've been wondering, why are most (if not all) of our ex internationals so poor with their english, eh? even those of them who played in england during their time. na wa oh. i think say na england colonize us that year , lol smiley
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by favouredjb(f): 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2010
Syenite:

@ 12large, that's quite rude of you.

On the topic I believe Ikpeba is better than Amokachi and Keshi. Did you see Nduka Ugbade and Taribo West yesterday? They were like yacks-not good enough.

My major problem with Ikpeba is his pronounciations eg
S[b]helsea instead of Chelse[/b]a
West-am instead of West-Ham.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by naso2(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2010
Last weekend Ikpeba released another one again "Oston Villa" grin
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by favouredjb(f): 11:09am On Oct 19, 2010
Zamora-isamora
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Shegzman: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2013
grin grin grin grin Comic relief
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Rossikk(m): 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2013
Kilode?!:

SMH at all these Nigerians Dissing their Brother's Nigerian accent and pronunciation shocked shocked shocked

Americans and Britons will probably never do that, else they will "diss" you for not using their own accent.

I doubt South Africans will "diss" their people for speaking or pronouncing with a South African accent.

Dissing a Nigerian on a Nigerian forum for speaking like an average Nigerian on a TV station broadcasted to Millions of Nigerians is called Self-hate in my books -but what do I know.

Imperialism and neo-colonialism don injure my peoples psyche finish,  very sad.

his Football analysis is another issue, but to "diss" his diction(which has a lot to do with accent, pronunciation and mother toungue) is just not cool.

Don't mind the self hating idiots.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis by Rossikk(m): 11:26pm On Jan 16, 2013
na_so: Last weekend Ikpeba released another one again "Oston Villa" grin

Oh shut up, fool. Can anybody in the town of Aston, England speak a single word of YOUR language? Dumb, slave minded he-goat.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paralympics 2012 (13 medals). Nigeria Has 6 Gold 5 Silver and 2 Bronze Medals / NPFL: Shooting Stars Vs Rangers (1 - 1) On 17th May 2015 / Footballer Dele Alli Caught On Video Receiving MouthAction From Prostitute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.