Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:05 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (200619 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nihilist:

Because We are Legion. grin

Obadiah, get your colleague to atone for her transgressions.

get her to atone for her transgressions ? yall need to give her a week grace period before you start raging. sound like yall the ones who need to apologize to her for violating that grace period. its been only 4 days on the job for her i believe. grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nihilist:

So what does Go and Hug a static electrical device that transfers energy by inductive coupling between its winding circuits mean?

Your statement only makes sense if you are quite literally able to hug the nearest one. undecided
you want to talk science? I love this. I have a CD player at home, unfortunately, I had to buy a little transformer for it to work well as I am always getting power fluctuations at home, now would I hug this small device? If I want to? YES!!!! And nothing would happen to megringrin

now beat that? Did she give you the dimensions and power rating for the transformer you are to hug?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Pygru: 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
Absolution:

It's interesting how a 'call to hug a transformer' has been interpreted on here as 'an error' and a 'mistake'

Why are my comments not being accorded the same status?

How can 'Hug a transformer' be seen as an error but yet not taken as literal advice to kill one's self? Especially when the perpetrator went to great means to hid evidence of her 'error'?

The accused Mod should appologise!!!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MurderOnInk: 10:05pm On Aug 29, 2013
obadiah777: get her to atone for her transgressions ? yall need to give her a week grace period before you start raging. sound like yall the ones who need to apologize to her for violating that grace period. its been only 4 days on the job for her i believe. grin grin

Oh so we have to take it?

Oh so we dont get no grace period?

Lol

I remain a fan of yours Sir, but surely even you must be exempt from the Jaundiced view that seems to be afflicting all the other mods on this thread?

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
you want to talk science? I love this. I have a CD player at home, unfortunately, I had to buy a little transformer for it to work well as I am always getting power fluctuations at home, now would I hug this small device? If I want to? YES!!!! And nothing would happen to megringrin

now beat that? Did she give you the dimensions and power rating for the transformer you are to hug?
@bolded, Finally, someone understands me! This is what I meant when I said that we need to put 'things into perspective'. cheesy cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 10:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
MurderOnInk:

Lol

If you had to go through this effort to try and absolve HBG, then you are even less intelligent than I thought...

I thought you were suffering from blod clots in your brain btw undecided
Accept defeat and move on bikotonguetonguetongue......

Let this matter die as it is cos clearly, everyone over reacted and blew the situation out of proportion.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DrJackBauer: 10:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
Accept defeat and move on bikotonguetonguetongue......

Let this matter die as it is cos clearly, everyone over reacted and blew the situation out of proportion.

Defeat?

But I havent even Started grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
DrJackBauer:

Defeat?

Is it not past your bedtime already?tonguetongue

don't forget to brush your teeth and take your bathgringrin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DrJackBauer: 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Like I said Earlier, HBG puts out a public apology and I apologise, pack my load and serve my ban.

How Hard can It be for a Person Named Humbled By Grace?

Humility truly is a rare virtue grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
DrJackBauer:

Defeat?

started? I thought you were just wrapping up? Jack, forgive me for I didn't literally 'kill yourself.' It was a joke, and I am sorry for modifying your posts to boost my ego.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by DrJackBauer: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: started? I thought you were just wrapping up? Jack, forgive me for I didn't literally 'kill yourself.' It was a joke, and I am sorry for modifying your posts to boost my ego.

I'll take that...even If I asked for apology to the public.

Im outta here.

Goodnight Y'all. cheesy
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
MurderOnInk:

Oh so we have to take it?

Oh so we dont get no grace period?

Lol

I remain a fan of yours Sir, but surely even you must be exempt from the Jaundiced view that seems to be afflicting all the other mods on this thread?
well we are a team Sire and we rise and fall together so the blame is on us all. but we would get it perfect sooner than later although i get the feeling that the fun is in the imperfection. if we get perfected then there is no reason and excuse to rage. i salute Sir and thanks for the kind words wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 10:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is it not past your bedtime already?tonguetongue

don't forget to brush your teeth and take your bathgringrin
Do you brush your teeth at night? undecided

Berra tok true... wink grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
DrJackBauer:

I'll take that...even If I asked for apology to the public.

Im outta here.

Goodnight Y'all. cheesy
Goodnight Sire. and bear with us wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mintayo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
Lataaro...*yawns*.
Abeg,where is that my bedtimestorybook!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mintayo: Lataaro...*yawns*.
Abeg,where is that my bedtimestorybook!
yeah which one ? the alice in wonder land or the goldilucks smdh
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 10:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
*yawn*

It's been a very entertaining evening, folks. Obadiah and his sweetheart Mr Troll quarrelled and made up, jackbauer's extremities was at loggerheads with HBG, but they have settled their differences.
Ajibam remains Ajibam.

All iz well dat ends well smiley

That's all for tonight, folks. Till next time when katakata bursts, Ishilove Reports is saying goodnight and sweetdreams smiley

If da bedbugs bite, squash the lil' demons!! angry

Nighty nite smiley

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 10:32pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove: *yawn*

It's been a very entertaining evening, folks. Obadiah and his sweetheart Mr Troll quarrelled and made up, jackbauer's extremities was at loggerheads with HBG, but they have settled their differences.
Ajibam remains Ajibam.

That's all for tonight, folks. Till next time when katakata bursts, Ishilove Reports is saying goodnight and sweetdreams smiley

Nighty nite smiley
old cargo. tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2013
Ishilove: *yawn*

Ajibam remains ATMC.

Nighty nite smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Tgirl4real(f): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
And the drama ends. Umph! sad
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 11:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mr Troll: old cargo. tongue

In case you don't know or haven't heard before, I don't tolerate people insulting her. The next time I catch you calling my sweet sixteen old cargo again, there shall be e-war. angry

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2013
Goshen360:

In case you don't know or haven't heard before, I don't tolerate people insulting her. The next time I catch you calling my sweet sixteen old cargo again, there shall be e-war. angry
Ishilove is Old Cargo tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by truthislight: 11:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
obadiah777: why do the heathens rage cry lol. OK CALM DOWN YALL. TAKE A DEEP BREATH

grin you made me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Obinoscopy(m): 12:21am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi: To: seun/mukina

c/o: obinoscopy

Re: Formal complaint against HumbledbYGrace

Hi Obino,

I had hoped that this wouldn't be necessary but I am left with very few options.

I noted some days ago that one of your mods, in the person of HumbledbYGrace, is in the habit of modifying the posts of members whenever she attempts to mask some comments she make, which are rather unbecoming of a moderator.

It is one thing for her to modify a member's post when a rule is broken but another for her to modify same when no rule is broken and done to cover up some of her obvious lapses. This is not acceptable and a gross misuse of the privileges granted to her as a moderator.

The following evidence I submit for your review and prompt action:

Unmodified post

Modified post

I hope I won't need to report this ish again.

Thanks!
Dear Strikymi

Permit me to respond to your complaint since I was copied in ur post. However I must state that I am not holding brief for either seun or mukina2, I'm simply responding to ur complaint as a fellow nairalander who wants the best for this section and the forum at large.

Moderators are not dictators or potentates. They are not supposed to do things at their whims and caprices. There are laid down forum rules and a mod is meant to abide by them and ensure others do same. A mod is called to serve and not to rule. A mod is obligated to serve you, the forumers. That being said, a mod should always be respected and appreciated. They are humans and can make mistakes. It behoves on us to call their attention to those mistakes in a most respectful manner. I must commend ur matured criticisms on this section but u need to tone down ur condescending attitude towards d new mods.

Now to your complaint proper, your post was not modified. What was modified was the post of HBG which you quoted. A moderator has no right to modify either a post or a quote of a NLer unless such post/quote broke forum rules. In your case, she modified that quote because she felt it broke one of the forum rules. I've tried my best in reading some NLers view on that post of hers and what I can decipher is that they took offense at that comment: 'hug a transformer' (which IMO shouldn't be considered offensive since its a common NL idiomatic expression meaning: 'they should do their worst' or sth like that). Thus she modified that quote in ur post because she felt it was insultive to them (my opinion anyway). So I think she didn't abuse her mod privileges because of two reasons:
1. It was her quote that was modified, not ur post.
2. That quote was offensive to some NLers.

On a conclusive note, I'll like us to continue to support our mods as they try to make the Religion Section the best section on this forum.

Thank you

Your fellow nairalander,
Obinoscopy

5 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 1:03am On Aug 30, 2013
Mr Troll: Ishilove is Old Cargo tongue

So you still calling my sweet sixteen that name shey? Okay, you've just started e-war between you and me. angry

2 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 30, 2013
I see common sense prevailed on both fronts.

Lol.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 30, 2013
Goshen360:

So you still calling my sweet sixteen that name shey? Okay, you've just started e-war between you and me. angry

grin grin u sabi fight e-war? Better carry ur Bible go mount podium for that una convention..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Goshen360(m): 1:20am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

grin grin u sabi fight e-war? Better carry ur Bible go mount podium for that una convention..

No mind that troll. He just like wan yarb my sweet sixteen. He get luck say I'm in the e-Grace mood. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 3:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Goshen360:

Ghen ghen

Hope you guys know there Will be e-ban toogringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.