Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,432 members, 7,861,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (200620 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ATMC(f): 9:05am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

Time to air my suspicisions cheesy
Christian organization wants to advertise but the Religion section is very hostile to Christianity. They've got huge money, but they want that changed. Someone needs the cash. So he gets two born again mods and a rabbi. Fill in the gaps.
ur miiind eh...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 9:09am On Aug 30, 2013
QUESTION

Is it possible for one MOD to ban another MOD? I need an answer pls. smiley

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2013
Mr Troll: look in the mirror granny tongue
Ayup. You're are definitely Alfa Seltzer. Don't even bother denying it
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

Time to air my suspicisions cheesy
Christian organization wants to advertise but the Religion section is very hostile to Christianity. They've got huge money, but they want that changed. Someone needs the cash. So he gets two born again mods and a rabbi. Fill in the gaps.
Yay! Exactly. You are a genius. Lol@ a rabbi
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:11am On Aug 30, 2013
This matter should rest, its a new day hle batho....remember that woman they brought to Jesus? Who was guilty of stuff?

Now m not defending my actions or anything, like Obinno said I didn't modify anybody's post I modified. My own because I later felt kinda bad for the transformer.

If want to judge me and your without sin, cast the first stone.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ATMC(f): 9:13am On Aug 30, 2013
@hbg...see yhu @d chat box
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove:

Aji, are you sure you ain't female? Either that or you are gay. undecided

Lol...dear means someone you love or like Very much
Musketto is one of my Best friend here cos we always fight and end it peacefully
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 30, 2013
Reyginus: striklymi, are you losing it? This wasn't the man I used to know.
You seem to have allowed some persons change your personality indirectly.

If someone else has stated the above I would have considered it and probably given an appropriate response but not YOU!!! You have no right to say that...do you remember this post:

Reyginus: Please, put it off when addressing me. Please, I'm begging you. I don't like it. I don't know about you, but their is a saying that: 'salutation is not love'.
Let me leave it at that level for now.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/64#13996141

striktlymi:

I will try to remember! Do remind me if I forget.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/64#13996259

Don't you talk about my personality. Other members can say what they think but not YOU!!!

Reyginus:
You are now so aggressive. Any little misunderstanding fuels your emotion. Or is it the unjustifiable beef with ihedinobi?

If you are hear to talk about Ihedinobi and you consider my response to him:

striktlymi:

Didn't bother to read through when I saw the bold. Buzz me again when you decide to stop walking in Anony's shadow.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/122#17317033

emotional while the comment I responded to:

Ihedinobi:

Incredible! This insistence on fence-sitting will yet produce more ridiculous and absurd reasoning, man.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/122#17316980

to be on point, then I have nothing to say to you on that matter.

Reyginus:
Was that self of yours the superficial aspect of your being?
Where is the dude whom for his calmness often receive scorn?
Are you now a part of the crowd appeal inducers?
Dude, we are watching.

Like I said, others can comment on the above but not YOU!!!

Reyginus:
But you were perfected in speech for anybody to turn a blind eye?

If I say I understand the above, I would be a terrible liar.

Reyginus:
Imagine you of all people calling HBG stance a 'silly mode..'?
It's appaling, bro.

I believe you are getting this the wrong way. Let me make it clear...HumbledbYGrace's attitude with respect to hiding behind her ability to modify the posts of members to cover up her misdeeds is SILLY!!! and I give no apology for using that word.

Reyginus:
What's happening.

I am supposed to ask you that question. The last I checked, you were a Christian and I know full well that Christianity frowns against covering up for a brother or sister when he or she does wrong.

I know you, HumbledbYGrace and Ihedinobi go way back but that does not give you the right to attack my person in a bid to defending your pals when they are in the wrong.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:28am On Aug 30, 2013
I understand you

So,what else do you want from her to appease your spirit, since she has stated her apology here?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 9:28am On Aug 30, 2013
Logicboy03: Abeg ooo

Striklymi, let the matter rest after this. Understand that mods will more likely stick together and those that dont post here regularly will talk nonsense.

HBG has been humbled and has apologised.

This is a lesson to mods and members. Be careful when modifying posts especially when you have been cuaught saying nonsense. Or better yet, just man up and apologise when you have said something wrong rather than trying to hide it.

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God.

I don talk am before that you will eventually become ọmọ Jesu. No worry, the day cometh when I go fit truly call you my brother - in Christ! smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Enigma:

Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God.

I don talk am before that you will eventually become ọmọ Jesu. No worry, the day cometh when I go fit truly call you my brother - in Christ! smiley

I Have the same feelings bro,

Logic will be welcome with open arms....
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi:

If someone else has stated the above I would have considered it and probably given an appropriate response but not YOU!!! You have no right to say that...do you remember this post:

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/64#13996141

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/64#13996259

Don't you talk about my personality. Other members can say what they think but not YOU!!!

If you are hear to talk about Ihedinobi and you consider my response to him:

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/122#17317033

emotional while the comment I responded to:

https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/122#17316980

to be on point, then I have nothing to say to you on that matter.

Like I said, others can comment on the above but not YOU!!!

If I say I understand the above, I would be a terrible liar.

I believe you are getting this the wrong way. Let me make it clear...HumbledbYGrace's attitude with respect to hiding behind her ability to modify the posts of members to cover up her misdeeds is SILLY!!! and I give no apology for using that word.

I am supposed to ask you that question. The last I checked, you were a Christian and I know full well that Christianity frowns against covering up for a brother or sister when he or she does wrong.

I know you, HumbledbYGrace and Ihedinobi go way back but that does not give you the right to attack my person in a bid to defending your pals when they are in the wrong.
Lololol. So, because I asked you to adjust how you address me equates to you switching the aggressive button.
Dude, the two things are diametrically opposed.
Where one is about a tag a party doesn't like, the other demeans the personality ethics of the doer.
Or how do you justify a man who takes to insults when redress is asked of him?
Wouldn't that tell that such a man is only a man in stature?
When you seek for redress from even the mods the manner in which it is sought for should matter to you.
You don't use a sledge hammer to kill a fly.
wink
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam,

I hope you now see why closure is far from attained?

HBG acknowledged her wrong doing just yesterday:

HumbledbYGrace:
started? I thought you were just wrapping up? Jack, forgive me for I didn't literally 'kill yourself.' It was a joke, and I am sorry for modifying your posts to boost my ego.

only to come back today to sing halleluiah that she NEVER modified a post:

HumbledbYGrace: This matter should rest, its a new day hle batho....remember that woman they brought to Jesus? Who was guilty of stuff?

Now m not defending my actions or anything, like Obinno said I didn't modify anybody's post I modified. My own because I later felt kinda bad for the transformer.

You now see the bad precedence obino's post is setting here. She would go about modifying members posts just because she has the blessings of obino.

This is unacceptable...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 30, 2013
Reyginus: Lololol. So, because I asked you to adjust how you address me equates to you switching the aggressive button.
Dude, the two things are diametrically opposed.
Where one is about a tag a party doesn't like, the other demeans the personality ethics of the doer.
Or how do you justify a man who takes to insults when redress is asked of him?
Wouldn't that tell that such a man is only a man in stature?
When you seek for redress from even the mods the manner in which it is sought for should matter to you.
You don't use a sledge hammer to kill a fly.
wink

Not worth a response.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 30, 2013
Stryk, calm down.

What she did, and will continue to do, was wrong. The mods here, supermods and Seun really do not care if you whine from now till next Easter.. Take your sorrows to the Lord grin

On a more serious note, chill. There are other ways to achieve your aims. wink

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam: I understand you

So,what else do you want from her to appease your spirit, since she has stated her apology here?

Aji,

You are getting this thing very wrong. What must I do to get my message across? If I talk with yansh na mess I mess o.

I am not asking for an apology from HumbledbYGrace. I don't need it. I am not asking to be appeased, if by appease you imply that she be scolded here.

I am simply asking that this wrong does not repeat itself. If a mod must modify a members post to cover-up his/her wrong then the mod owe it to the member to to ask first.

Today it is HBG tomorrow, you or Obadia might be the ones doing this same thing. For now, HBG has come out to LIE that she did not modify my post which is a slap on the face of the Christianity she professes.

The evidence is there for all to see, why the LIES??
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto: Stryk, calm down.

What she did, and will continue to do, was wrong. The mods here, supermods and Seun really do not care if you whine from now till next Easter.. Take your sorrows to the Lord grin

On a more serious note, chill. There are other ways to achieve your aims. wink

Funny enough I am yet to show my 'war face' and you think I aint calm? tongue

What other ways do you have in mind?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2013
ATMC: ur miiind eh...

Not my mind dear. Just simple observation smiley

And atheists should forget about atheist threads making frontpage for the time being. Anti-catholic, anti-tithe, pro-Muslim threads, davido licking tom-tom, Bba threads will continue to grace front page. NL will rather have dumb 'customers' as long as the money keeps flowing in. smiley

Just like everything Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:52am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi: Ajibam,

I hope you now see why closure is far from attained?

HBG acknowledged her wrong doing just yesterday:

only to come back today to sing halleluiah that she NEVER modified a post:

You now see the bad precedent that obino's post is setting here. She would go about modifying members posts just because she has the blessings of obino.

This is unacceptable...

For God sake..she didn't said that
What she mean is that she only modified her post about the transformer cos she felt is wrong...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

[s]For God sake..she didn't said that
What she mean is that she only modified her post about the transformer cos she felt is wrong...[/s]

Ajibam,

Do not give me reasons to believe that you are a liar.

Are you saying that HBG never said that she did not modify my post??

Do you need me to explain what the post below means?

HumbledbYGrace: This matter should rest, its a new day hle batho....remember that woman they brought to Jesus? Who was guilty of stuff?

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 9:57am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Aji,

You are getting this thing very wrong. What must I do to get my message across? If I talk with yansh na mess I mess o.

I am not asking for an apology from HumbledbYGrace. I don't need it. I am not asking to be appeased, if by appease you imply that she be scolded here.

I am simply asking that this wrong does not repeat itself. If a mod must modify a members post to cover-up his/her wrong then the mod owe it to the member to to ask first.

Today it is HBG tomorrow, you or Obadia might be the ones doing this same thing. For now, HBG has come out to LIE that she did not modify my post which is a slap on the face of the Christianity she professes.

The evidence is there for all to see, why the LIES??

Okay..we are sorry for that
We won't repeat that mistake again..
Hope that's all?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ATMC(f): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2013
i understand strictlyme to some extent...i kinda saw a part of me in you...sometimes its not about apology its about living right whether yhu profess a religion or atheism...its ok, ok? console urself for at this juncture no other consolation will suffice...make us laugh, will uuuuu?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Obinoscopy(m): 9:57am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi: Hi Obino,

If I say that I am pleased with your response I would be lying. The only response that made sense to me was:

which sadly was not from a mod.
With all due respect, my response must not always please or make sense to you. I was only giving u my own opinion as a fellow NLer

Strikylimi:
Now Obino, you just accused me of a wrong. I guess a lot of mods do not know how things work around here. Let me see how I can help you understand...When you make an accusation, the onus is on you to provide evidence for it.

You just made a claim against me without providing any supporting evidence to back up that claim. Pointers on how you can go about proving your case would be:

1) Quote the post that you consider condescending.
2) Explain why you think it is condescending.
3) Explain why the next person should consider it condescending.
4) If your explanation makes sense to you and other persons, then I will apologize.
Calling a mod silly is condescending...

Strikylimi: Now, this is just wrong. In other words, you conclude that she is right? I disagree with your assessment for the following reasons:

1) The quote she modified was inside my post. A modification of the quote translates to a modification of my post.

2) My post did not break any forum rules. If a mod thinks that his/her post quoted is against any known rule then the mod should have sought the permission of the member who quoted the post before modifying it; all things being equal.

3) This is the second time the mod in question is doing this. The first time she did, I told her without mincing words not to try it again.

4) Your seeming support for her is setting a very bad precedent. What you are saying in effect is that mods can go about breaking forum rules only to hide their unruly behaviour with the click of a button.
The bolded is not true. A mod can modify/hide a post if such post contavenes forum rules. He/she doesn't need the OPs permission to do such.

Strikylimi: Obino stop trying to mask what is so glaring. Her action was wrong and the sooner you realize it the better. She even owned up to her misdeed when she said:

What you are saying now is that it is right for mods to go about modifying posts as long as it boosts their ego. Is this part of the rules?
If HBG modified to boost her ego, its very wrong but if she modified that post because she felt that post is offensive to NLers then by all means she is right.

Strikylimi: The above might be conclusive for you but not for me. I won't get closure until the ish is addressed.
Okay

Stikylimi: What you have done so far is give your blessings to a wrong done which is very inappropriate and Un-Christlike.
Going by forum rules: she was not wrong. But whether what I did was christ-like or not, I leave that to God to judge.

Strikylimi: NB:

If you are talking about support for mods then I dare say that no one has demonstrated so much support for the 3 mods of this section as I have.
Thanks 4 ur support. They need it smiley.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Ajibam,

Do not give me reasons to believe that you are a liar.

Are you saying that HBG never said that she did not modify my post??

Do you need me to explain what the post below means?

I didn't get that Clear before...NOTED
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

Okay..we are sorry for that
We won't repeat that mistake again..
Hope that's all?

Now he is patronizing me...
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Funny enough I am yet to show my 'war face' and you think I aint calm? tongue

What other ways do you have in mind?

Na, go on. I wan see your warface. grin grin grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 30, 2013
ATMC: i understand strictlyme to some extent...i kinda saw a part of me in you...sometimes its not about apology its about living right whether yhu profess a religion or atheism...its ok, ok? console urself for at this juncture no other consolation will suffice...make us laugh, will uuuuu?

Okay, cool!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 10:05am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi:

Now he is patronizing me...
striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

You be my man naw

BOSS
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 10:07am On Aug 30, 2013
Okay, everyone take a timeout. This has gone on long enough undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove: Okay, everyone take a timeout. This has gone on long enough undecided

Yeah, the customers's aren't always right.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Enigma(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2013
@logicboy

By the way, you got a special mention here https://www.nairaland.com/1416947/welcome-e-grace-convention-2013/4#17759808

I've just remembered that. smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2013
Obinoscopy: With all due respect, my response must not always please or make sense to you. I was only giving u my own opinion as a fellow NLer

Okay, cool! I understand the need for disagreements.

Obinoscopy:
Calling a mod silly is condescending...

It is not!

con·de·scend·ing
/ˌkändəˈsendiNG/
Adjective

Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority.
(of an action) Demonstrating such an attitude.

sil·ly
/ˈsilē/
Adjective

Having or showing a lack of common sense or judgment; foolish.
Noun
A foolish person (often used as a form of address): "Come on, silly".

Her action showed a lack of judgement the first time she did it and I let it go. The second time she did it showed silliness because it is simply silly to repeat the same act, to the same member under the space of 2 to 3 days.

Obinoscopy:
The bolded is not true. A mod can modify/hide a post if such post contavenes forum rules. He/she doesn't need the OPs permission to do such.

If HBG modified to boost her ego, its very wrong but if she modified that post because she felt that post is offensive to NLers then by all means she is right.

Obino the two paragraphs above contradicts. If what I said was not true then it would mean she is right in what she did. Her confession yesterday, proves that she did it to boost her ego which you say is wrong.

How can she be right and wrong at the same time

The bold red suggests that you understand that the action I complain about is wrong. Let your mods know this in the appropriate section, and desist from it; and everyone would live happily ever after.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.