Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,349 members, 7,860,909 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:36 PM

Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here - Religion (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here (200602 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Religion Complaints Thread (sticky) / Top Ten Nigeria Pastors Who Did Not Talk To Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (296) (Go Down)

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 30, 2013
E-mmanuel things..
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by PastorKun(m): 6:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
you want to talk science? I love this. I have a CD player at home, unfortunately, I had to buy a little transformer for it to work well as I am always getting power fluctuations at home, now would I hug this small device? If I want to? YES!!!! And nothing would happen to megringrin

now beat that? Did she give you the dimensions and power rating for the transformer you are to hug?

Bros, this is how to hug a transformer only thing is that you have to make sure PHCN is behaving themselves when you hug it.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Hi Obino,

If I say that I am pleased with your response I would be lying. The only response that made sense to me was:

uj_sizzle: Oh c'mon guys, there was a smiley ( grin ) after the hug transformer comment. Isn't that supposed to tune it down a notch, well low enough to avoid anyone taking offence

That said tho, Gracie editing people's posts to hide what you said was very wrong. I understand you're only just getting used to handling so much power, and well, power is intoxicating...still what is right should prevail. May God help you overcome the constant temptation of using the 'modify' button...Amen grin

which sadly was not from a mod.

The following is my response:

Obinoscopy: Dear Strikymi

Permit me to respond to your complaint since I was copied in ur post. However I must state that I am not holding brief for either seun or mukina2, I'm simply responding to ur complaint as a fellow nairalander who wants the best for this section and the forum at large.

Okay. cool!

Obinoscopy:
Moderators are not dictators or potentates. They are not supposed to do things at their whims and caprices. There are laid down forum rules and a mod is meant to abide by them and ensure others do same. A mod is called to serve and not to rule. A mod is obligated to serve you, the forumers.

The above is in order and I quite agree with you.

Obinoscopy:
That being said, a mod should always be respected and appreciated. They are humans and can make mistakes. It behoves on us to call their attention to those mistakes in a most respectful manner.

Agreed!

Obinoscopy:
I must commend ur matured criticisms on this section but u need to tone down ur condescending attitude towards d new mods.

Now Obino, you just accused me of a wrong. I guess a lot of mods do not know how things work around here. Let me see how I can help you understand...When you make an accusation, the onus is on you to provide evidence for it.

You just made a claim against me without providing any supporting evidence to back up that claim. Pointers on how you can go about proving your case would be:

1) Quote the post that you consider condescending.
2) Explain why you think it is condescending.
3) Explain why the next person should consider it condescending.
4) If your explanation makes sense to you and other persons, then I will apologize.

Obinoscopy:
Now to your complaint proper,

Let's go there...

Obinoscopy:
your post was not modified. What was modified was the post of HBG which you quoted. A moderator has no right to modify either a post or a quote of a NLer unless such post/quote broke forum rules. In your case, she modified that quote because she felt it broke one of the forum rules.

Now, this is just wrong. In other words, you conclude that she is right? I disagree with your assessment for the following reasons:

1) The quote she modified was inside my post. A modification of the quote translates to a modification of my post.

2) My post did not break any forum rules. If a mod thinks that his/her post quoted is against any known rule then the mod should have sought the permission of the member who quoted the post before modifying it; all things being equal.

3) This is the second time the mod in question is doing this. The first time she did, I told her without mincing words not to try it again.

4) Your seeming support for her is setting a very bad precedent. What you are saying in effect is that mods can go about breaking forum rules only to hide their unruly behaviour with the click of a button.

Obinoscopy:
I've tried my best in reading some NLers view on that post of hers and what I can decipher is that they took offense at that comment: 'hug a transformer' (which IMO shouldn't be considered offensive since its a common NL idiomatic expression meaning: 'they should do their worst' or sth like that).

I won't address the above because as far as I am concerned Jack had no case and a number of his posts were offensive. I have already expressed my thoughts on the matter:

striktlymi: Jack,

I don't know your beef with HBG but it seems very personal which makes it WRONG!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/161#17758849

Obinoscopy:
Thus she modified that quote in ur post because she felt it was insultive to them (my opinion anyway). So I think she didn't abuse her mod privileges because of two reasons:
1. It was her quote that was modified, not ur post.
2. That quote was offensive to some NLers.

Obino stop trying to mask what is so glaring. Her action was wrong and the sooner you realize it the better. She even owned up to her misdeed when she said:

HumbledbYGrace: started? I thought you were just wrapping up? Jack, forgive me for I didn't literally 'kill yourself.' It was a joke, and I am sorry for modifying your posts to boost my ego.

What you are saying now is that it is right for mods to go about modifying posts as long as it boosts their ego. Is this part of the rules?

Obinoscopy:
On a conclusive note, I'll like us to continue to support our mods as they try to make the Religion Section the best section on this forum.

The above might be conclusive for you but not for me. I won't get closure until the ish is addressed. What you have done so far is give your blessings to a wrong done which is very inappropriate and Un-Christlike.

NB:

If you are talking about support for mods then I dare say that no one has demonstrated so much support for the 3 mods of this section as I have.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2013
Mr Troll: Ishilove is Old Cargo tongue
Askor angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:10am On Aug 30, 2013
Abeg ooo

Striklymi, let the matter rest after this. Understand that mods will more likely stick together and those that dont post here regularly will talk nonsense.

HBG has been humbled and has apologised.

This is a lesson to mods and members. Be careful when modifying posts especially when you have been cuaught saying nonsense. Or better yet, just man up and apologise when you have said something wrong rather than trying to hide it.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Askor angry

Wassap? Have a great start to the weekend.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 7:14am On Aug 30, 2013
Goshen360:

No mind that troll. He just like wan yarb my sweet sixteen. He get luck say I'm in the e-Grace mood. cheesy
Thank you, my Mr Macho. I know I can always count on you wink grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 7:17am On Aug 30, 2013
Smh....bunch bickering old women the lot of these people are.

And yes you can blow up your keypad
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2013
Oga o. Oro yii ti sunmi sad undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 7:20am On Aug 30, 2013
Mynd_44: Smh....bunch bickering old women the lot of these people are.

And yes you can blow up your keypad
Oya Mynd, alele to your section before I head butt you. angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 7:23am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Oya Mynd, alele to your section before I head butt you. angry
There is nothing like "your section" the section is not mine, I just moderate there.

I believe I am still free to go anywhere I can
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 7:25am On Aug 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
There is nothing like "your section" the section is not mine, I just moderate there.

I believe I am still free to go anywhere I can
You know what I mean... Now git! angry
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 7:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove:
You know what I mean... Now git! angry
**raises left eyebrow

msheeeew
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 7:28am On Aug 30, 2013
Logicboy03: Abeg ooo

Striklymi, let the matter rest after this. Understand that mods will more likely stick together and those that dont post here regularly will talk nonsense.

This is a lesson to mods and members. Be careful when modifying posts especially when you have been cuaught saying nonsense. Or better yet, just man up and apologise when you have said something wrong rather than trying to hide it.

can't u express yourself without insults?
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Logicboy03: Abeg ooo

I understand and I think you are right but this matter will not rest because it has not been addressed. The response from obino supports her move and most likely it will crop up again.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 7:31am On Aug 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
**raises left eyebrow

msheeeew

Oga!!!
This is not your section oooo
If u breaketh the rules here,you will sufferèth the punishment nicely

Thanks
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

Oga!!!
This is not your section oooo
If u breaketh the rules here,you will sufferèth the punishment nicely

Thanks
Again?

Erm...........na crime to hiss? grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 7:38am On Aug 30, 2013
striktlymi:

I understand and I think you are right but this matter will not rest because it has not been addressed. The response from obino supports her move and most likely it will crop up again.

Moderators are not dictators or potentates.
They are not supposed to do things at their
whims and caprices. There are laid down
forum rules and a mod is meant to abide by
them and ensure others do same. A mod is
called to serve and not to rule. A mod is
obligated to serve you, the forumers.

He quoted that

That's the coRrection stated to us..
That ends it

Or is it that you want obinna to bash her before you are pleased

Other mods are ridiculing the section because of this feud..please let peace reign,,
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 7:41am On Aug 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
Again?

Erm...........na crime to hiss? grin
If it is a crime! I would have serve you the punishment for your breakfast instead of popcorn

It is just a warning or let me say am cautioning you not to misuse the freedom of Speech here!!
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Mynd44: 7:46am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:
If it is a crime! I would have serve you the punishment for your breakfast instead of popcorn

It is just a warning or let me say am cautioning you not to misuse the freedom of Speech here!!
Oh this is gonna be good.....

**Rapping along with Jay Z**
Tears on the masoleum floor, blood stains the collesum floor,
Lies on the lips of a ******
Thanksgiving disguised as a feast
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by ATMC(f): 7:58am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

ochongonoko1of nairaland
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

can't u express yourself without insults?

You guys need to define what insults are. If someone's talking nonsense, the person is talking nonsense. Simple. Na wa o.

3 Likes

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ajibam: 8:24am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:
You guys need to define what insults are. If someone's talking nonsense, the person is talking nonsense. Simple. Na wa o.

Okay,dear
I always concur to What you Say
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 30, 2013
striklymi, are you losing it? This wasn't the man I used to know.
You seem to have allowed some persons change your personality indirectly.
You are now so aggressive. Any little misunderstanding fuels your emotion. Or is it the unjustifiable beef with ihedinobi?
Was that self of yours the superficial aspect of your being?
Where is the dude whom for his calmness often receive scorn?
Are you now a part of the crowd appeal inducers?
Dude, we are watching. But you were perfected in speech for anybody to turn a blind eye?
Imagine you of all people calling HBG stance a 'silly mode..'?
It's appaling, bro. What's happening.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 8:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Goshen360:

So you still calling my sweet sixteen that name shey? Okay, you've just started e-war between you and me. angry
HBG lipsrsealed:
go hug transformer
grin
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto:

o boy, I tire o. Soon them go censor the word now and change am to something ridiculous.
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Askor angry
tongue
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

Moderators are not dictators or potentates.
They are not supposed to do things at their
whims and caprices. There are laid down
forum rules and a mod is meant to abide by
them and ensure others do same. A mod is
called to serve and not to rule. A mod is
obligated to serve you, the forumers.

He quoted that

That's the coRrection stated to us..
That ends it

Ends it....

Are you sure you read Obino's post? The quotes below are the high points of obino's post:

Obinoscopy:
Now to your complaint proper, your post was not modified.

Obinoscopy:
I think she didn't abuse her mod privileges because of two reasons:
1. It was her quote that was modified, not ur post.
2. That quote was offensive to some NLers.

That might be good enough for you but it is not for me. Closure has not been attained because this ish will repeat itself as long as you guys refuse to address it.

Obinoscopy:
Or is it that you want obinna to bash her before you are pleased

I am not one to ask for the 'bashing' of a mod, especially in public. Though a lot depends on what you mean by 'bashing'. When seun tried 'bashing' JeSoul in public, I was quick to point out the wrong in his move. Below is an extract of that episode:

striktlymi:
Seun:

#You really need to respect your moderators if you want members to respect them.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/102#16100591

Also consider the bold in the extract below:

striktlymi:
If this section is to achieve it's goals then there must be an avenue for members to seek redress, backed up by appropriate evidence, even though the actions of the mods might not be overturned; but at least the mods would get a warning for it (which probably would be done in the mod section), and the aggrieved member assured that appropriate actions would be taken.
https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/152#17676975

From the above it is evident that my intent is not for obino to scold or correct her here. I think it is wrong for mods to disagree or scold each other publicly. The disagreements or scolding can be done in the mod section.

Obinoscopy:
Other mods are ridiculing the section because of this feud..please let peace reign,,

If by other mods you mean mynd, then I would advice that you simply ignore him because his only concern here is your job.

PS: Peace does not mean an absence of justice.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. Congrats. Muskeeto, what do you think?
Any conspiracy theory?

Time to air my suspicisions cheesy
Christian organization wants to advertise but the Religion section is very hostile to Christianity. They've got huge money, but they want that changed. Someone needs the cash. So he gets two born again mods and a rabbi. Fill in the gaps.

1 Like

Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 9:00am On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

Okay,dear
I always concur to What you Say

Aji, are you sure you ain't female? Either that or you are gay. undecided
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by Ishilove: 9:02am On Aug 30, 2013
Mr Troll: grin
Lol. Troublemaker smiley
Re: Questions? Comments? Complaints? Talk To The Moderators Here by MrTroll(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Ishilove:

Aji, are you sure you ain't female? Either that or you are gay. undecided
Ishilove:
Lol. Troublemaker smiley
look in the mirror granny tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (296)

Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.