Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD (12802 Views)

The Strongest Thunder Sword - Feather's Stories / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD 2: Serpent's Venom.(18+) / Your Pen, Sword Of Liberty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
CHAPTER 8
As he kept on calling the names of the students and their scores, I could see disappointments on their faces when their scores were announced. Those who had yet to hear theirs kept their fingers crossed with looks of hope on their faces. Bianca who just joined after the test was written looked on with interest. Sandra was emitting an aura of fear which i could feel. As for Tina, she had a smug grin on her face.
"Sandra Nwosu." He announced and Sandra perked up. "10/20"
I saw Sandra breathe a sigh of relief.
"Better than failing" she shrugged.
"John Azubike" He called out,staring intently at me. "11/20"
I raised my eyebrows in surprise, clenching my fists so hard i nearly drew blood. No way!! NO FREAKING WAY!!! I studied hard for that test and i knew i deserved at least an 18. I had found the test very easy and it was safe to say it was difficult to fail. But with my score, it meant i barely passed the average mark. This was total balderdash and i wasnt going to take it!!!
"Tina Balogun" He said as he looked at her with a grin. "20/20. Keep it up."
I couldnt beleive my ears as i saw Tina squealing with joy,her crew congratulating her.
"Take it easy on her. You look like you want to roast her alive" A giggle came from my left. I sighed as i turned to see Bianca smiling.
"Is that what you think?" i replied.
"Hmm" she shrugged.
"Thats all on that" Our teacher continued. "i beleive those that passed should keep it up. As for those who failed, i believe this is the avenue to sit up.Exams are near so i suggest you work harder in order to pass and boost your C.A. I have tried as your teacher. The rest is up to you."
"Yeah right" I rolled my eyes at his secont to the last statement.
Classes commenced but not before our test sheets were distributed to us and no further incident occured besides him asking Tina questions on the topic and complementing her rather unneccessarily when she answered the question. Class finished and our teacher took his leave. Glaring at his retreating form, i took hold of my test script and stood up to follow him but was stopped by Bianca's soft grip on my wrist.
"What do you think you're doing?" she said as her blank expression appeared.
"Going to sort it out" I replied, yanking my wrist away from her grip before storming out of the class. I entered the staff room and saw him marking some notes. I noticed Miss Kemi at the adjacent side of the room talking to a junior student. Our eyes met and she raised her eyebrows inquisitively. I nodded at her and proceeded to the demon's table. Seeing my shadow blocking the notes he was marking, he looked up at me and frowned.
"Yes,John. What can i do for you?" he asked nonchalantly.
"Sorry to bother you, "sir" " I replied making extra sure to place emphasis on the sir. "But i think there was a mistake in my test score."
"Is that why you barged in here without an ounce of courtsey like you own this school?!!" He suddenly yelled catching the attention of everyone in the staffroom. I could feel every eyes on me and i was beginning to get furious.
"Sir, I didnt barge in" I replied calmly, though i was boiling inside.This man wanted to make a minefield out of nothing. "The door was wide open"
"So i'm a fool abi?" He asked folding his arms.
"I never said that" I replied.
"So what are you insinuating?" he asked.
"With all due respect, sir. I dont want us to diverge from this topic. I just want to show you this." i said,calmly placing my script on his table.
"Ehen what is this?" he stared at the script before shifting his gaze to me.
"Its my script"i replied. "i got 11"
"So?"
"So, i think its a mistake. I reviewed it and the answers i put in mostly came from what you thought. If you would like, ill would bring my notebook and we can crosscheck......" i began.
"WILL YOU GET OUT OF HERE!!" He roared,squeezing and throwing the paper at my face. "So you want to teach me my own job,abi? Get out!!"
"Jide..." Miss kemi had walked up to us.
"No,kemi"He held his hand up"Can you imagine this little boy has the guts to indirectly tell me how to do my job?!"
He faced me.
"Its not your fault. The next time you try this again,ill make your life hell in this school" he snarled.
"John.Please go to your class" Miss kemi pleaded.
I gently picked up my squeezed paper and walked away. Reaching the exit, i turned to look at Mr Jide and our eyes met in a fiery clash.

Things just got personal.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2019
Hmmmmm

.tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2019
skubido:
Hmmmmm
.tanks for the update
uwc bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by beewhy5050(m): 7:28am On Mar 21, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Sorry for replying late again. I've been battling with this spambot for days now. To answer your question, I would have love to but my phone has a very low processor and whatsapp group messages always slow my phone performance sad

Its alright bro. Forza Internazionale!!!
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by beewhy5050(m): 8:19am On Mar 21, 2019
Ride on bro,its a lovely piece
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 21, 2019
beewhy5050:

Its alright bro. Forza Internazionale!!!
Forza Internazionale!!
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 21, 2019
beewhy5050:
Ride on bro,its a lovely piece
thanks bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by AJECKING(m): 2:55pm On Mar 21, 2019
folowing!! nxt appdeath pliz....
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2019
AJECKING:
folowing!! nxt appdeath pliz....
coming right up. Sorry,today was hectic
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 21, 2019
CHAPTER 9
This was seriously annoying.And that's putting it mildly.A week had passed after that fiasco with Mr Jide,thats not to say things were okay with us.Infact the tension increased between us and without any intervention, things could escalate.
But that's not the reason for my current mood.Our current subject was G and C with Miss Kemi in charge as usual and guess what the topic was?
Bonding!!
Like seriously? We were seperated with the guys lined up side by side at one side of the class and the girls lined up similarly at the opposite end. Miss Kemi stood at the centre with a meidium sized radio in hand.
"Okay, Everyone" She began. "Going on with this topic,there is going to be a slow dance between the boys and girls. Apart from using it as a preparation for the end of the year's dinner party, I want you to use it as an avenue to socialize and get closer to each other especially the opposite gender" she said the last part staring intently at me. I groaned silently and looked away. I could hear the girls giggling and whispering excitedly.The guys however were just grinning like fools.
"I know you were all taught these things last year" She continued."But it has to be a continuous activity to help you all in the future.Okay,i need a volunteer from each side to start"
One of the boys stepped up from our line and Sade from the girls line stepped out.
"Good." Miss kemi smiled. "Now Akin,place your left hand on Sade's waist. Sade,place your right hand on his shoulder. Then both of you should raise and lock your other hands."
They did as she said and she placed the radio on the floor before selecting a song. The soothing voice of Enya filled the air as her song "CARRIBEAN BLUE" resonated throughout the class. With Miss Kemi's instructions and cordination, Akin and Sade waltzed perfectly as the boys cheered on and the girls giggled. I could see tina whispering with her crew and occasionaly laugh.
"Alright.Thats perfect" Miss kemi clapped with a broad smile etched on her face. Turning to face the class, she continued;
" Everyone,pick a partner and lets proceed"
Shuffling of feet was heard around as the guys approached the girls. I could see some of the girls shyly accepting the proposal to dance while others boldly accepted. I stood rooted to the spot folding my arms with an i-dont-care look on my face.
That was until i saw Miss Kemi glaring at me with disapproval etched on her face. Sighing, i dropped my arms in defeat and moved towards the line of the few girls remaining. My feet felt like gravel as i walked. This was literally toture.Who in the universe hates me like this? I scanned the remaining girls. Tina had a look of fury on her face as if saying 'Dont you dare'
'Not if you were the last one on earth' i matched her glare while speaking those words in my mind. Then there was Sandra.I could see hope written across her face as she grinned wildly. Then turning to the last girl, my heart literally ceased beating as my narrow eyes came in contact with the ever large sparkly eyes of...........

Bianca.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 6:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
Oya,

Tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2019
skubido:
Oya,

Tanks for the update
No p bro. Abeg you fit try invite some of your people here.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
wow! dy forgot to invite me but I av landed. op u are doing a good job and hope u will keep up with this constant update. thanks so much
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Kaycee9242:
wow! dy forgot to invite me but I av landed. op u are doing a good job and hope u will keep up with this constant update. thanks so much
Thanks.You dont know how much this complement means to me. Ill try my best i can assure you. My phone crashed since last week so ive been using a nokia asha phone to type since then. But i wont use it as an excuse.I'll use it as a motivation. Stay tuned.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hi all. There may be delay in updates today because the power failure in my area is nothing to write home about and i only put on the gen at night. Please bear with me. Thanks.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Hi all. There may be delay in updates today because the power failure in my area is nothing to write home about and i only put on the gen at night. Please bear with me. Thanks.

come and borrow my power bank abeg we don't need delay
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2019
Kaycee9242:

come and borrow my power bank abeg we don't need delay
Lol, your powerbank dey last?
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2019
Sorry for the delay,pals. Just charged my phone now. Here we go...

CHAPTER 10
I couldn't read any emotion from her eyes as i stared at her. They were just....blank. Taking a deep breath, i summoned my courage and advanced towards. If i wanted to dance with someone, it might as well be her. I needed this opportunity to get some things off my chest.
For a moment the atmosphere seemed to change as i approached her,the melodious voice of Enya seemed to fade away as i closed the distance between us and stretched out my hand to her.....

"What the...." I gasped in surprise as my oustretched hand was claimed by Sandra who intercepted and cut the distance between us.
"Thanks, i would love to" She cut in with glee as she ignored the shock on my face.
"But i didnt...." I began.
"Yes, you did" she interrupted sternly quickly placing her other hand on my shoulder. She looked up at me expectantly.I guess she was waiting for me to reciprocate by placing my hand on her waist. I didn't budge.
"Come on,John" She whined. The frown on my face became visible as thought of how ive been denied another chance to talk to Bianca. Everytime i came close to converse with her,we've always been interuppted. But this was just ridiculous. I was very sure Sandra knew quite well who i wanted to dance with, seeing where i was headed too or rather who i was headed too.
I glanced towards Bianca in time to see a tiny smile appear on her lips and she shrugged. I guess she didnt mind. I kind of felt bad though,considering the girls outnumbered the boys in the class .
Resigning myself to fate, i was about to place my hand on Sandra's waist when the angelic voice of Miss Kemi interrupted us.
"Wait" She said as she approached us. "Sandra, i think you should stay by the line. Let me dance with him"
A wave of shock surrounded the class as everyone stared at us. I was so speechless. Sandra however could not beleive her ears.
"Ma?" she asked in disbeleif.
"You heard me" Miss kemi replied, a funny smile on her face. Sandra let go of me and went to the line, her slow steps accentuating her confusion.
"What are you all looking at?" Miss Kemi gave our observers a stern look. "Continue practising"
Everyone continued with their dancing and Miss kemi faced me.
"Well, John.what are you waiting for? Won't you ask your lady for a dance?" She taunted as her pink lips stretched with a grin.
"Errrr......" I droned robotically.
"Dont worry, i dont bite" she laughed. I looked over at Bianca to see her covering her mouth with her hand. Probably trying to hide her laughter at my situation. Touche'. I cleared my throat and stretched out my hand. Might as well get this over with.
"Would you like to dance?" I offered.
"Oh" Miss Kemi replied. "i would love to,Kind sir" she concluded with a hilariously mimmicked british accent taking my hand and placing her other hand on my shoulder. I placed my hand on her waist and we started slow dancing.
"So" she smiled as we walzed around the class. "Having some girl trouble?"
"What?" i replied,confused. Seeing the look on my face,she angled her head and nodded towards Bianca and Sandra's direction before grinning mischieviously at me.
"Oh no no no its nothing like that" I quickly replied,looking away.
"You know the fact that you cant look me in the eye contadicts your statement." she laughed.
"And wait" she opened her eyes wide in mock surprise "Are you blushing? The stoic and stern John Azubike is......BLUSHING?!!" she giggled.
Sometimes i wondered how this woman was my teacher. One moment, she acted like the mother of the class. The next moment she can be a highschool teenager.
"Im not blushing" I muttered still looking away. "I never do"
"Then look at me in the eye" She whispered, her voice reaching my ears like a gentle stream.
I hesitated.
"John..."
I swallowed and turned to face her. The teasing grin on her face had vanished and was replaced by a gentle one. Now this was the Miss Kemi i knew.
"I dont know if im right but theres something different about you. Something has changed but i cant just put my finger on it" she said.
"No. I dont think so"I replied with my deadpan expression. "Im still the same John everyone know and love" I smirked cockily.
"Im not so sure about the "love" part" she laughed. "And by the way,the John i know smirks occasionaly.The John of recent has been doing that a lot." she added with a wink and released me just as the bell went off.
"Alright class. Thats all for today. Find a way to practice. Its very important. See you next time" She stopped the radio and carried it out of the class. Our eyes met momentarily and i saw a hint of her smile appear before she exited.
Looking across the class, my eyes caught Biancas and she grinned.
I didnt know how to make of it but that smile was weird.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2019
Please guys. I really need your criticism. Is the story ok?
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 7:15am On Mar 23, 2019
Nice wan,

Tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2019
skubido:
Nice wan,

Tanks for the update
uwc bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Lol, your powerbank dey last?

The capacity is 22,500mAh it charges a 4,500mAh android phone from 0 to 100 percent 5 times, am not joking
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Please guys. I really need your criticism. Is the story ok?

Yes bro d story is superb the only problem I have with it is that d updates are very short and don't always quench d taste
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Kaycee9242:

Yes bro d story is superb the only problem I have with it is that d updates are very short and don't always quench d taste
Sorry about that bro. I said it previously that its due to the phone im using. My asha phone doesnt let me type more than the limited set of characters per page. If you notice, after chapters 1 and 2 thats when my updates became shorter. Thats when my android crashed. I was using it for four years anyway. But thanks for your criticism. Ill work on that.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2019
sad Guys, sorry for the lack of updates today. I was overwhelmed with so much activities, today being saturday. But updates should roll tommorow unfailingly.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
CHAPTER 11
I really needed a breather right now and the sight of my favourite tree coming into view as i approached made me glad. Since that time i felt that presence,i havnt come here. Besides with the Bianca, Sandra and Mr Jide issue, i needed some moments of peace.
I sighed in bliss as i sat and leaned against the tree.The gentle breeze and the beauty of the setting sun was very soothing and i closed my eyes to savor the moment.
I suddenly felt a chill up my spine as i realised something was not right. I opened my eyes in horror to find myself in a dark area. Everywhere was pitch black.No matter where i looked,everywhere was pitch black. I clutched my head in terror,shutting my eyes tight as i doubled over in agony.
"Oh no" I whispered as cold sweat broke out on my body. "Please, not again"
A light surrounded me and i opened my eyes,screaming in terror as i saw her familiar lifeless body lying right in front of me. Her eyes devoid of life as she lay in her own blood. I suddenly heard those eerie voices again as i inched slowly away from the body.
Suddenly, cloaked figures appeared surrounding me.
"This is all your fault" They pointed their gnarled fingers with long nails at me. "You killed her."
"No" I whispered shaking my head,the tears threatening to spill from my eyes. I backed away asthey advanced towards me.
"You killed her"
"No"
"You killed her"
"NO!!!!" I screamed as i pushed one of them away and took to my heels. As i ran, i turned back and couldnt see them chasing me but i could hear their voices echoing 'you killed her' . I suddenly hit an invisible force making me stagger. I tried to push it but it couldnt budge. The cloaked figures appeared in front of me again. I dropped down to my knees as i realised i was cornered. All of a sudden a hand grasped my shoulder from behind and i turned to see a cloaked figure. But this one's attire was white and the figure looked feminine. Her cloaked glowed in the dark and she stretched out her hand towards me.
I hesitated as the other dark figures were closing in on me.
"Its okay" Her voice was smooth and silky. "Trust me.I wont hurt you"
Not having a choice i reached for her hand.........

I woke up with a gasp and looked around me. It was that nightmare again. The ceiling fan was blowing rapidly but i was sweating profusely. I checked my phone.It read 3:15 AM. I sighed as i laid back into the bed. My nightmares had begun again but this one was different. Unlike the previous ones, I never saw a figure dressed in white. Who was she?. I managed to sleep again with no nightmare again thankfully and was fortunate to make it to school on time.

"J J" I frowned as Biancas pen poked my cheek.We were having Economics and Mr Jide was in class, spouting his gibberish as usual. "Youve been spaced out today. Whats wrong?"
"Its nothing, Bianca" I swatted her offending hand away.
"You're lying" she prodded with a sing-song voice. She pinched my cheeks. This girl self.
"Stop it" I flicked her hand away.
"JOHN,STAND UP!!" Mr Jide's voice vibrated around the class. Apparently he caught me and bianca conversing and yet, he singled me out. 'Big surprise'. I stood up.
"Im teaching and you're busy talking abi?" he glared at me.
"I was listening" I countered. I could feel a migraine coming over already.
"Oh really? Then what did i say last?"
I may have been distracted by Biancas pestiness but i still paid attention to his lecture nonetheless. I accurately answered his question.
"Can you see your life?" he laughed mirthlessly. "Tina, stand up and repeat what said last"
Tina haughtily stood up and said exactly the same thing i said earlier, answering his question.
"Correct" He replied and motioned her to sit. I looked around to see stunned expressions on the faces of my classmates. Im sure they all wondered the same thing 'What differentiates her answer from mine?'
"Remain standing" Mr Jide faced me. "No wonder you dont pass my subject"
I saw Tina giggle at his words and that broke the last straw. I had stomached all this man threw at me. I was boiling with rage at this moment and i slammed my fists at the table making Bianca jump a bit on her seat and bringing everyones attention on me.
"You know what, Jide?" I growled lowly as i locked eyes at him. He looked surprised a bit as i didnt add the prefix to his name. With eyes blazing with flames, i screamed at him.
"YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL AND TAKE YOUR FAMILY WITH YOU!!!!!"
With that, I stormed out of the class.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
undecided Only few monikers have commented after eleven chapters. Guys, na asha phone i dey use type this story o. I need encouragement abeg
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nickibeauty(f): 10:12pm On Mar 24, 2019
Nice one more grace
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by crossfm: 9:18am On Mar 25, 2019
You are doing gr8.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 10:15am On Mar 25, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by chisiudeh: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2019
Jide needs to be taught a lesson
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 12:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
nawaoooo!! what gave My boy John d impetus, morale, mind, courage, braveness and guts to challenge his teacher like this, anyway d jide deserves it. op u are too much well done we can only criticize when ur work has fault but as for now it's spotless and superb

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Life Of An Abuja Boy / Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / I Wanna Learn Pidgin English!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.