Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD (12735 Views)

The Strongest Thunder Sword - Feather's Stories / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD 2: Serpent's Venom.(18+) / Your Pen, Sword Of Liberty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2019
All rights reserved 2019.
This work of mine is mainly fiction. The occurring events never happened in reality.
Furthermore, plagiarism of this work of mine is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Genre:Suspense, humor and a tiny bit of romance.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2019
undecided So I was about to invite the fiction lovers here only to discover I was banned by antispambot yesterday. Ban just expired few minutes ago. Bravo, antispambot, bravo undecided. Episode 1 coming up
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by beewhy5050(m): 5:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Intermilanfan:
All rights reserved 2019.
This work of mine is mainly fiction. The occurring events never happened in reality.
Furthermore, plagiarism of this work of mine is strictly prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Genre:Suspense, humor and a tiny bit of romance.

Forza Nerazzurri!!! Are you a member of Inter fan club Nigeria whatsapp group?
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:58am On Mar 06, 2019
CHAPTER 1

I sighed for probably the thousandth time today as the maths teacher left the class. This was the last subject for the day before closing time. How I managed to stay awake throughout the class was a wonder to me...And that's saying something. Don't get me wrong,I love maths and I excel at it, but our maths teacher, Mr Akingbade has a talent of making maths a snorefest. He just walks robotically into the class with a straight face, goes straight to the point, gives few examples and voila!!!! End of class. With this usual routine from him, I would rather watch paint dry on the wall.
The ringing of the bell signalling closing time brought me out of my drowsy state.Standing up, I packed my books into my school back and headed for the door....
"John,please wait" I groaned inwardly as I turned around to face the source of the voice.It was Sandra. Sandra was one of my classmates as well as one of the few who actually made attempt to interact with me. Speaking of myself, I guess its high time I shed some light;
My name is John Azubike,the second child of John Azubike Sr, C.E.O of J.A concept ltd , a firm that deals with the sales of computer systems.(You might as well call me Junior, but please don't). I am fourteen years old and currently in my second term of S.S.2. I attend Towerland College and currently study in the art department. I lost my mom at the age of Five, leaving me with my Dad and my elder sister,Sylvia. My sister finished from the university three years ago and is currently helping my Dad run the firm.She got engaged about two months ago to the son of one of my Dads friends,Chuks(cool guy). I'm average heighted with a caramel coloured skin and annoyingly long eyelashes(traits I inherited from Mum). As for my appearance,I don't brag about being handsome or ugly.I usually leave it to people to judge. So far, so good I've received positive reviews on my appearance from different set of people, so its all good. I'm kind of socially awkward and always keep my opinions to myself, rarely contributing to conversations around me but that's not to say I was a dunce or nincompoop. I get good grades and all,but few people in my class and neighbourhood talk to me. Probably they have the opinion that I'm a snob because of my status and intellect but theres more to me that meets the eye.So much more......So much dark....
"Yes?" I raised my eyebrows as I stared at Sandra. She was a bit shorter than me and her hair was made in cornrows;the school hairstyle for the week.She was light skinned and with her heart shaped face and button nose, her appearance screamed"ADORABLE!!". I could have smiled at that moment but then again, I don't smile. I haven't smiled since mom passed away. Smirk? I can. Smile? I don't.
"Please can you lend me your maths note?" Sandra replied "I couldn't copy everything Mr Akingbade said." (Who could blame her? That man sucks.)
I shrugged and brought out the note from my bag then handed it to her. No maths till next tommorow anymuch.
"Oh thank you thank you thank you so much!!" She squealed in excitement, her babylike voice drawing attention to us. I glared at the onlookers and they looked away.
"You are such a life saver" She finished with her trademark smile.
"Whatever" I muttered turning to leave the class"Just give it to me tommorow when you're done" And with that, I made my exit.
On finishing with the usual boring closing time routine of prayers and announcements, I headed to the gate to find my Dads car waiting. Surprisingly, my Sister was at the driving wheel. Usually it was my Dad.
"Hey,bro" She grinned as I settled at the passengers seat. "How was school?"
"Eh" I shrugged "Just there. Nothing really interesting. Where's Dad?"
"He had to attend to an emergency" She replied as she kicked off the ignition and zoomed out of the school premises. I shrugged.Not that it mattered anyway. If my Dad came to pick me up. Would it have changed anything.?
I raised an eyebrow in confusion as Sylvia took a different route away from the the road to our house.
"Sis?" I glanced sideways at her"What's going on? Where are we going?"
"To the supermarket" She replied, her eyes on the road."I need to get things ready for dinner on time"
"Seriously?" I groaned in frustration. "Couldn't this have been done before coming to pick me up?"
"Hush" She snarled playfully reaching out to flick my nose.Heaven knows I hate that."Don't even start with your complaints. The list doesn't contain much items. I won't take time"
"Wow, where have I heard that before?" I remarked sarcastically at her last statement. Previous shopping trips with my sister taught me that women tend to overdo things and spend more time than necessary when it comes to shopping. Go shopping with a woman by 9am and expect to be done by 1pm.Why? Only God knows.
Sylvia parked the car by the supermarket,rolled down the windows and switched off the ignition .
"I'll be back soon.5 minutes" She said before opening the door band stepping out.
Rolling my eyes, I leaned back on the car seat to relax a bit............
"Young man" I frowned as my peaceful moment was cut short by an elderly voice coming from my right.I looked at the window to find a man in his early sixties wearing a worn out suit and smiling at me.I was guessing he was one of those swagalicious beggars who would use all the grammar in the world to obtain a little cash from you.(From queens English to American Slang). However on closer inspection, my instincts told me there was more to his appearance...
"Young man" he repeated"I was passing by and when I saw you from afar. My spirit was drawn to you"
I inwardly pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration.Its bad enough to follow my sister on this impromptu shopping trip that will take centuries to conclude. NOW THIS?
However the man wasn't done.
"I perceive sadness and frustration in your heart" he continued, his expression becoming serious. "These feelings you have harbored for so long was caused by something that happened in the past.And that past troubles you till now. However, I just want you to know that your remedy will come in due time.Something will happen in the future to ease your troubles and make you smile again.But the remedy will come in the least way you expect"
With that,the old man turned around and walked away. I sat wide-eyed transfixed to the spot. Who exactly was that man and how did he know about me?

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
CHAPTER 2
I had to admit; Today wasn't the best of days for me(And that's saying something).From the ordeal with that mysterious old man two days ago,I had been emotionally shaken and disturbed so much that it began to affect everyone around me. During the journey home,Sylvia had noticed that I was unusually quiet(even for me)and was barely contributing to the conversation with her.She was surprised that I didn't even complain that she delayed at the Supermarket and voiced it out before asking if I was alright. I replied in affirmative and she shrugged and drove off not before casting a longing look of doubt at my side.My dad who rarely had time to acknowledge my existence even asked if everything was okay. As if he cared. But that was two days ago..
Today though was a bit hellish for me. I woke up very late and received some serious tongue-lashing from my Dad for my tardiness.Getting to school just in time to receive a very humiliating punishment for my lateness seemed to crown my sorrows. During classes, I was absent-minded and caught by the teachers.Failing to answer most of the questions directed to me, I was flogged and sent out of the class.Not that it mattered anyway. Physical pain can't break me.Don't waste your time trying.
Currently, it was Guidance and Counseling period and once again I was not paying attention.My teacher,Miss Kemi, seemed to notice but she ignored it. Although,she told me to see her in her office as she was leaving.All eyes turned to look at me as I stood up to leave the class. A disapproving gaze was returned to my observers and they went on with their activities. (Seriously, one thing I hate is people staring at me especially if its a one vs all situation.Get a life for crying out loud)
Getting to Miss Kemi's office,I knocked at the door and her feminine voice was heard from within, telling me to enter. I came in just to see her writing at her desk,a calm expression on her face. She looked up at me and her expression changed. I couldn't tell if she was angry or confused or both. If there is one skill Miss Kemi has, its masking her emotions.She can scold you viciously while keeping a straight face and you'll wonder if she's really upset at you in the first place. Sometimes I think we are alike..except she's an angel of comfort and I'm a demon of ruthlessness with a heart of stone. How she was still single baffled me. She was in her late 20's almost the age of my sister.She was of average height with light coloured skin and long legs. Her long eyelashes shielded sharp and piercing eyes which seemed to glow when she stared at you. Her face was further decorated with a pointed nose and full pink lips which was always adorned with lip gloss.
"Sit down, John" She gestured to a seat opposite her desk and I obeyed.Letting out a loud sigh, she proceeded.
"John,what exactly happened to you today? This is unlike you"She said as her piercing eyes leered on me.
"I'm sorry about that.I was just distracted in class..." I began.
"I'm not referring to my class alone" She cut in,her eyebrows furrowing as her expression changed into a frown."I'm talking about today on a whole.You arrived late today. Very Late.And then getting sent out of class more than once? Haba!"
I gazed at her in surprise.
"What?" She said "You think I didn't notice?"
I was out of words at that moment and I looked down at my hands on my knees.On the bright side though, at least someone is showing concern.I looked up at her just in time to see her expression soften.
"John" She said calmly"Apart from being your teacher ,I believe you should also see me as your friend and confidant. All my students should.I believe that's what my subject is all about. Guidance and Counselling.If there's anything bordering any of you, I'm always here."
I stared at her.As much as I knew she meant well,how do you tell someone you encountered a random stranger who knew something about you?Something you thought was shielded from the world.
"I understand,Miss Kemi" I replied."Like I said, ive just been distracted today. Its nothing serious,I can assure you"
"Are you sure?" Her expression showed doubt.
"Yes" I nodded.
Her gaze lingered on me for a while as if trying to search for something.Not wanting to be deterred, I matched her gaze with my trademark deadpan expression.
"Alright" She smiled leaning back into her seat."I hope you are right. You can go"
"Thank you" I nodded and stood up to leave her office. Getting to the door, her words stopped me
"But remember, I'm always here" She said. I turned to look at her. She had a smile on her face. That smile seemed to say 'Youre not off the hook yet'
I nooded and left her office.Well, that was uncomfortable.......

Currently I sat by a tree on top a cliff by the edge of the town. This very place was my place of solace. A sanctuary if you may call it. I came here whenever I felt the need to relax.So far as I can remember,I have been coming here for four years now. The scent of the place acted more or less as a stress reliever.Although there were lots of trees there, I chose this particular tree because of the flowers surrounding it. The flowers contributed to the wonderful scent of the place. Truth be told, I wondered why no one ever came here. This place was a bit like an hawaiian island. Or probably people did come and I didn't know. Either way,I'm always meeting no one here.Probably for the best anyway.
A rustling startled me and I rose from my leaning position on the tree.Peering behind the tree and scanning around, I saw nothing.I shrugged.Probably a rodent or a bird. And then I heard it again.That sound,and this time it was accompanied by an unfamiliar scent...Vanilla?
"Hello?" I called out,my eyes narrowing in alert.
No answer.
The scent lingered on before fading away. I frowned as I backed away from the tree before leaving the area. Today was definitely the worst. And that presence I felt at the cliff was no illusion.
Someone was there.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
angry angry angry CANT THE MODS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GODFORSAKEN ANTISPAMBOT!!!!!
angrybanning me for 24hrs every time I make an update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
smiley calling on all fiction lovers. Abeg come show. Your audience and criticism is needed.
Lhilgo, Jasmine4, AvatarMode, portablefola, Godwindanielboy, rosalieene, Mufahsa, ProfClassic, Kormforth, Gucciqueen38, DemiKOL, kingphilip, kensteven16, josepphh, Hollavick, babajeje123, ayox1, cyndy1000, herosakin777, stizzy, Joislim, Missmossy, officialbazor, Ayomideen, kingin55, IAmAmbrose, Xeynab, queenitee, Xedy, mattobi, tjquib, imranMotunrayo, moseph, asagbaesiri, mcjesuspikin, odunmba, mourin,blue flowers.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
beewhy5050:

Forza Nerazzurri!!! Are you a member of Inter fan club Nigeria whatsapp group?
Sorry for the late reply. I'm not o
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by beewhy5050(m): 12:04am On Mar 10, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Sorry for the late reply. I'm not o

Do you care to join the group? I can have you added and be able to interact with numerous Internazionale fans all over the country. If yes,drop your number. Have a good night.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 11, 2019
undecided So with the numerous times I've complained and mailed the mods, nothing seems to be done about this antispambot.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2019
beewhy5050:

Do you care to join the group? I can have you added and be able to interact with numerous Internazionale fans all over the country. If yes,drop your number. Have a good night.
Sorry for replying late again. I've been battling with this spambot for days now. To answer your question, I would have love to but my phone has a very low processor and whatsapp group messages always slow my phone performance sad
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 12, 2019
Present
Well done Op
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 12, 2019
LightQueen:
Present

Well done Op
smiley thanks. Please take a seat
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by ashatoda: 9:39am On Mar 12, 2019
I am here now
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 13, 2019
ashatoda:
I am here now
welcome, miss. Sorry for the delay. Had a hectic day. Will update asap
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 16, 2019
CHAPTER 3
No matter how weird a situation can be, one way or the other youll have to forget it and move on. I was definitely in high spirits today despite all the strange incidents in previous times. An announcement was made during the morning assembly about the usual end of the term dinner party bringing a wave of joy and excitement among the students particularly the girls who were giddy. I scoffed and rolled my eyes as i knew what it meant. The dinner party was an occasion done after the graduation ceremony involving student couples.It was meant for classes of Ss1 to Ss3. By the end of the second term however,the males from each class must have chosen a date from their female counterparts in the same class respectively.Last year i managed to skip the party (dont ask why)
"so,John. I hope you dont plan on bailling out on this years party"Sandra said,glancing sideways at me with a grin. We had just been dismissed from the assembly and were settling down for first period.
"i might...Or i might not" i shrugged simply without a care in the world.Seriously i dont know what the big deal was in this party.
"hmm.im hoping for the latter" She replied, her expression screaming persistence."i think it may just be a way to loosen you up and improve your social life"
"You dont say" i deadpanned.
"Of course i say" she giggled,oblivious to my sarcasm..Unsurprisingly. "you never can tell"
"Eh" i shrugged. I wasnt really interested in this conversation.But knowing Sandra's infruriating persistence i just had to bear with it.
"So, who are you going to ask?" She waggled her eyebrows at me and grinned.An action i found hilarious.
"its a bit too early for that.dont you think?" i raised an eyebrow.
"No" she replied."come on John, tell me"
"well..." I began. However i was interrupted as our class teacher, Mr johnson walked in.
"Alright, everyone settle down!" he said as he stood in front of the class. I smirked at Sandras obvious displeasure as his interferance stalled our conversation.Im off the hook....at least for now.

2 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2019
for the people who are following, sorry for the delay. I guess ive seen why spambot have been banning me continously. Most times i usually write in my notepad then copy and paste it here. I guess its not allowed.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2019
smiley Dedicated to LightQueen. The first person who commented on my thread. Ghost readers i hail thee o.

CHAPTER 4
Now while the entrance of our class teacher was expected considering the schedule,the next person who stepped into the class wasnt. All chattering subsided as an unfamiliar girl stepped into the class and stood beside Mr Johnson. She was a few inches shorter than me and her fair skin glowed like it was just polished.She had a heart shaped face with a tiny dark spot at her left cheek. Her facial structure was further complimented with a pointed nose and thin pink lips. Her hairstyle however made me raise my eyebrow. It was braided in a way i couldnt tell if it was natural or an attachment was used and some of the locks were parted to her face, almost obstructing her right eye. Speaking of eyes,hers were a bit large and reflected curiosity. Like an owl was staring at you and trying to peer into your soul. I shivered at the thought. She was dressed in an orange turtleneck and blue jeans. Weird.
" This is your new classmate, Bianca" Mr johnson began."I want you all to welcome her and make her comfortable.Explain and put her through on the various subjects she has missed."
"Hello" She said for the first time,smiling. I could have sworn i heard a canary sing. Her voice was smooth and high pitched.
"Hi" the class echoed in replied. I looked around and noticed that while the guys had excited grins on their faces, most of the ladies faces were green with envy particularly our class captain and self proclaimed queen bee, Tina.
Let me digress and tell you a bit about Tina.
Tina was your typical attention seeking lass who loved the spotlight. She could do anything to get eyes on her. From strutting about majestically and unneccessarily in front of the class when going on errands for the teachers to announcing her scores on tests when she topped the class(Yes, she was bright.As much as i hate to admit it). Everyone seemed to put up with her except me.I always knew when to put her in her place and this brought some animousity between us. Even though she was tight in the looks department, she always felt threatened when she observed guys paying attention to other girls such as the case here. Talk about inferiority complex.
"Alright.Everyone get seated and prepare for your first class."Mr Johnson said. "Bianca, go and take a seat right there" he added pointing to the empty seat beside me,much to the disappointment and disapproval of the other guys.Great, Just great.
Strutting towards my direction, she sat down and after some minutes, Mr johnson left.
Sighing, i brought out my books and carefully arranged them on the table to prepare for the next subject only to hear...
"Hi,John"
My eyes wide in surprise, i glanced sideways to see Bianca grinning at me,her head tilted sideways.
"Umm..hi" i replied narrowing my eyes "I dont remember telling you my name"
"No" Her smile faded and a blank expression clouded her face. Her large eyes scanning my face. "i just know it"
She averted my gaze and looked forward, her smile returning just as our literature teacher entered.
Shellshocked, i could not utter any word again as i stared at her.It may sound crazy but there was something off about that look she gave me earlier.
Bianca was no ordinary girl.
Things just got wierder.

2 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
undecided Obinnau and Divepen1. Despite all the complaints made and mails sent concerning this spambot, nothing seems to be done about it. Look at the number of hidden posts here na. This thing has been banning me incessantly for more than a week. Haba!!
Anyway, ill drop the next chapter now and if i get banned again, ill just move on to the facebook fiction group i joined and start posting there. Nonsense and Ingredients.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
Ghost readers na wa o.

CHAPTER 5
A day that started well for me just took a twist. For the better or worse, i couldnt say.
But one thing was certain.I was creeped out and psyched. Bianca didn't speak any word to me again after that moment till school closed.I wasnt sure wether to be grateful or bothered.Putting my personality into consideration, It should have definitely been the former.If you pay no attention to me, im used to it anyway. So the question right now is why am i feeling uneasy? I dont even
know what to think right now.....
"JOHN!!!" Sylvia's voice snapped me back to reality. She had picked me from school and we were currently having dinner in the
dinning room. Dad was yet to arrive. No surprise there.
"Sorry,What?" i blinked twice.
"For goodness sake John, i have been calling your name like six times now. You havent even started eating" She frowned.
"Sorry.My mind was clouded" i replied.
"You dont say" She replied dryly." So whats clouding your mind? Did you ask your G and C teacher out and she rejected your
advances?" she added. I could see her trying to stifle her laughter.
"Funny. Very funny" I rolled my eyes at her weak attempt at humor.
"Seriously,what happened today? Apart from here, you have been far up in the clouds even on the way home" She said as her
expression shifted to concern.
"There was a new student today...." I began.
"Oooooooohhh" She interrupted, dropping her spoon and supporting her chin with her
fists,propping her elbows on the table. It was evident that she was expecting some gossip.
"Was it a boy or a girl?" she questioned.
"Does that even matter?" I deadpanned.
"Yes" she replied still smiling. I sighed regretting why i even gave into her request.
This was going to be either very good........or very bad.
"It was a girl...." I began.
"Oh i see" She interrupted again,her eyes glinting with mischief. I shot her an
annoyed look."Sorry, continue"
"It was kind of strange. Ive never seen anyone like her.And before you inevitably cut in for the third time,I dont mean it the way youre thinking" I said.
"im not thinking anything" she replied innocently.
"Yeah right" i muttered,rolling my eyes. "Strangest thing though.She didnt look like the regular nigerian girl. She looked kind of.....different. And she spoke to me calling out my name like she knew me before."
The smile vanished from Sylvia's face and she became silent.Her expression was a cross between thoughtful and interrogative.
"Are you sure you havent met before?" She finally asked.
"Positive" I replied.
"Maybe....."she began.
Our conversation was put to an end at that moment as the car horn blarred at the gate.
"Dad's home" Sylvia annouced getting up from her seat and heading for the door.
"Oh joy" I muttered silently as i followed her.Here comes another situation to help worsen my day.
We opened the gate and Dad drove in before alighting from the car.
"Daddy welcome" Sylvia said as she opened the passenger seat to get some things out.
"Thank you"he replied, adjusting his suit.He stretched his huge frame before closing the door.
"Daddy welcome" I said.
He merely grunted as he walked into the house. I shrugged. What was i expecting before? Sylvia walked towards me and
placed her hand on my shoulder giving it an affectionate squeeze. Her eyes softened as i read the meaning behind them. Her expression said 'Its alright.Im here for you'
I nodded and she entered the house. She was here for me.But for how long? She'll get married next year and leave the house.

Leave the house.

Leave me.

Alone.

With him.

2 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Obinnau(m): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2019
Intermilanfan:
undecided Obinnau and Divepen1. Despite all the complaints made and mails sent concerning this spambot, nothing seems to be done about it. Look at the number of hidden posts here na. This thing has been banning me incessantly for more than a week. Haba!!
Anyway, ill drop the next chapter now and if i get banned again, ill just move on to the facebook fiction group i joined and start posting there. Nonsense and Ingredients.
you were banned because you were quoting and mentioning a lot of users. It's spamming.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2019
Obinnau:
you were banned because you were quoting and mentioning a lot of users. It's spamming.
OK then. Its all good. But this is something you should have said since. If any complaint is made to a mod, he shouldnt take more than a week to address it . But its okay sha.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
CHAPTER 6
The sound of raindrops slamming upon the ceiling of the classroom was enough to spoil my peace at the moment. That is not counting the excess buzzing of my classmates discussing topics i did not care about.The teacher was yet to arrive anyway.Bianca was also absent. She missed the assembly too. The guys were talking(more like yelling) about the champions league match semi final between barcelonaand inter milan yesternight.
"Guy,abeg no reason that thing. Inter no play anything.How you go just come field carry eight men put for box eighteen then park bus throughout?" One yelled.
"Why them no go park bus? You no see wetin that useless ref do? Him go give thiago motta red card early in the match?Motta no even deserve that red. God catch
una. Una think say that ojoro wey you do against Chelsea last year go work again. For where? Una don forget say mourinho be
minister of defence. Make una just focus on una La liga and copa del rey because na the only thing wey una deserve. As for this champions league, na inter milan get am.
Them go even carry treble self. Dey there" Another countered.
"Siddown there dey dream" A third guy said."you think say parking of bus go work
against bayern for final. Bayern go beat inter black and blue just like their jersey." he
finished with a laugh and the others joined in, even the guy supporting inter. I had to
resist laughing along. That last statement was just too hilarious.

Tina and her crew however....
"Im telling you.Katie perry is the best singer to grace music industry"Tina gushed.
"In which life? When Beyonce and Rihanna are still living and breathing." Sade,one of her crew countered.Sade was quite short
and dark but had a mouth that flowed like the lake victoria. She never stopped talking.
"Abeg, what do you know?" Tina snapped."those two will fade away in time. Katty perry is here to stay"
"Why?" Sade countered. "Because she released one hit? If its by that, Sasha P would have become the hottest musician right now after singing "Adara" but we all
know how that turned out. Since that song,where is she now? To be called the best you have to be consistent. Im not saying Katty is
bad o. But she still has a long way to go.Right now, she cant even lace Beyonce and Rihanna's boots. To me, the best ever still remains Aaliyah."
"AALIYAH?!!!" Tina burst out in laughter,some of her girls following suit.Sade frowned.
"Abeg Sade dont kill me with laugh. Its too early o. You dont know music at all"
"Na you sabi"Sade pouted,folding her arms. "But thats my opinion"
"Like it matters" Tina hissed.
I could see Sade's hands clenched and a dark fire in her eyes.If there was going to be a civil war in that crew,i didnt want to witness it.So i did the logical thing by putting my head on the table and folding my arms around it intending to go for a temporary nap until our teacher showed up.
For a while i waited for any screaming and sounds of fists colliding but it didnt happen.
What happened however was a strange scent invading my nostrils. Startled, i raised my head just in time to see Bianca's grinning face a few inches away from mine.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2019
LightQueen:
Present

Well done Op
ashatoda:
I am here now
i never heard from you guys again o. Abeg help invite some monikers here o. Let it not be as if im typing to myself
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
Intermilanfan:
smiley calling on all fiction lovers. Abeg come show. Your audience and criticism is needed.
Lhilgo, Jasmine4, AvatarMode, portablefola, Godwindanielboy, rosalieene, Mufahsa, ProfClassic, Kormforth, Gucciqueen38, DemiKOL, kingphilip, kensteven16, josepphh, Hollavick, babajeje123, ayox1, cyndy1000, herosakin777, stizzy, Joislim, Missmossy, officialbazor, Ayomideen, kingin55, IAmAmbrose, Xeynab, queenitee, Xedy, mattobi, tjquib, imranMotunrayo, moseph, asagbaesiri, mcjesuspikin, odunmba, mourin,blue flowers.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 6:58am On Mar 20, 2019
Following
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2019
CHAPTER 7
"Bianca!!" I nearly screamed as i reared my head back, nearly colliding with the wall.
"Yes, thats my name" she replied casually with her signature grin.This girl was something.
"When did you get here?" i said,the shock still not leaving my face.
"Just now" she replied.
"And the first thing to do was invade my personal space?" i frowned.
"Was i?" she tilted her head sideways and stared at me intently with that owl-like eyes of hers,her smile vanishing again.
"Yes, you..you.. were close. Too close" I stuttered, my confidence seemed to vanish at that moment.
"Was i?" she repeated,shifting close to me and peering into my face. What is wrong with this girl for goodness sake?!! She hasnt been in this school for more than a week now.
"Yes you were." i replied. "Bianca, is everything alright?"
She didnt reply as she kept on staring at me. This was getting seriously uncomfortable. I spared a glance and i could see most of our classmates staring at us. Tina had a sneer on her face and the guys had mischievious looks. I glanced back at bianca and she still had the same look on her face. I could feel the heat in the class even though the windows were open to allow ventilation.
All of a sudden, she burst out giggling surprising me even more.
"Sorry, the look on your face was priceless" she said as she inched away from my face, much to my relief.
"Relax, J" she smiled" i was just studying you."
"Couldnt you have done that another way without making it look like you're trying to look into my soul? " I blinked in confusion.
"No" She deadpanned.
"And what kind of a name is J?" i raised my eyebrow.
"Its a nickname, silly." she giggled."You dont like it?" she added pouting.
"No its not that" i shrugged."Its alright, i guess. Its just that im not sure we've gotten that close to be given each other nicknames."
"Is that so?" she raised her eyebrows in mock surprise. "who says we aren't close? Besides we are alike." Leaning towards me for probably the hundredth time today, i felt her warm breath tickle my ear as she added. "Very alike...You and I"
Leaning back she stared forwards at the class entrance as her face shifted back to that eerie blank expression. I was so confused right now. One moment,this girl was all giggly and giddy. The next, she acted like she was absentminded. I could feel the invisible question marks floating above my head.
"Bianca" i finally found my voice"There's something i need to know. Something i need you to tell me."
"Shoot" She replied, leaning back into her seat and facing the ceiling.
"How did you....." I began.
"Alright everybody settle down!!" Our Economics teacher barged in with a pile of papers under his arm. I frowned. This demon incarnate of a teacher was the most despised on my list. The man would do anything to make me miserable. From doing anything to embarass me in class to giving me silly marks on his assignment. Tina always scored the highest mark in all his assignment, tests and exams adding more to my misery.
"Alright.This is the result of last week test. Majority of you failed woefully which makes me wonder what you always do at home. Is it that i dont teach you well?" He shook his head glaring at the whole class and i rolled my eyes.
He sighed and placed the pile of papers on the table.
"i'm going to call out you names and your scores for you to know how you performed. So we can know the unserious ones." he grinned evilly.
I groaned and slammed my head on the table.
This will definetly not be good and the day hasnt even started.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2019
skubido:
Following
welcome,bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2019
Tanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Package [crime Action Thriller] / Life Of An Abuja Boy / Where Can I Download African Novels??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.