Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,470 members, 7,954,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD (13126 Views)

The Strongest Thunder Sword - Feather's Stories / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD 2: Serpent's Venom.(18+) / Your Pen, Sword Of Liberty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 11:23pm On Apr 08, 2019
The guy is gradually becoming soft
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 11:25pm On Apr 08, 2019
The guy is gradually becoming soft
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
CHAPTER 22
"Bianca, what have you been telling that girl?" I asked. Honestly, i wasnt angry. Just surprised.
"Things" She replied smiling.
"Things like what?" I rolled my eyes.
"Just stuffs. Besides what she asked wasn't bad na. It was just a simple question. "Bianca laughed alongside Tina.
"Yet, she ran away" I rolled my eyes for the second time.
"Why woudn't she? She was afraid of how you would react." Bianca countered.
"Really?" I deadpanned.
"Of course na" Tina said this time. "Have you forgotten it's you we are talking about? John 'Angry-face' Azubike"
They burst into laughter and i shook my head at their antics. Well i had to admit, it was a great relief to see both of them getting along. Even though it meant teaming against me. Oh well.
Just then,one of our classmates came in with a pile of answer sheets.
"Economics result is here o" She announced and she was soon swarmed as all of us rushed to collect our scripts.
Me, Tina and Bianca soon gathered at my table.
"Well,Bianca. What did you get?" Tina queried.
"51/60" Bianca replied. "You?"
"53" Tina replied.
They both looked at me.
"Fine." I grumbled "I got 54"
"For real?"Tina said. "John, you scored the highest!"
"Eh. Its no big deal" I shrugged.
"Yes it is!" Tina squealed."This is a record. You've never passed this exam talk less of getting the highest score since HE was here"
We all knew who "HE" was.
"I guess its worth something" I said. We noticed bianca had gone quiet and was staring into space.
"Bianca" I called out and she blinked before looking at us.
"Are you okay?" Tina asked, a look of concern on her face.
"Yeah"Bianca forced a smile. "Just spaced out."
"All of a sudden?" I asked.
"Look,Guys. Im alright. Nothing to worry about." She replied, her voice was suddenly stern. I and Tina looked at each other surprised at her tone before Tina excused herself and left.
I turned to Bianca and reached out for her hand.
"Bianca" I said, squeezing her hand "Is there something you're not telling me?"
For a moment, she said nothing but i could see her eyes brimming with unshead tears. I was taken aback by this.
"Bianca..What..."
"Its her, J!" She burst out and clutched my arm "Its her"
That was all she said before leaning her head on the table, leaving me more confused than ever. Her?

WHO WAS HER?

Saturday was here again and i found myself at Bianca's house right at the front of her gate. For the past one week she was absent from and no one knew why. I wasnt able to reach her because Sylvia 'conveniently' found a way to keep me occupied with errands in preparation for her wedding. It was one week of horror and i was finally glad to get out of the house.
I was about to knock when i noticed something odd. There was a medium sized padlock on the lower lock of her gate which was the first time i noticed such...
"Hello. Who are you looking for?" A voice said from behind me. I saw a woman with groceries a few feet away.
"The occupant of the house" I replied. "But no need. I just saw the padlock."
"That's right." The woman said."You didn't know?" She looked at me inquisitively.
"Know what?" I asked in confusion. She took one look at me before saying the three words i dreaded to hear:

"They moved out"

2 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 6:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
Fro HER to they move out.

OP more light oooo

Tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Wadewaltz(m): 6:27pm On Apr 09, 2019
skubido:
Lori le,odi gonbe.

Tanks for the update
(Beatboxing) Skubido my man,it's been a long time
Join me in singing our old theme song....
Skubi skubi do
Where are you.......
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 7:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
op well done
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 09, 2019
skubido:
Fro HER to they move out.

OP more light oooo

Tanks for the update
Bianca was referring to her mom. You know how bianca is never straightforward na.lol

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Brainyster(m): 8:40am On Apr 11, 2019
More grease grin grin
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2019
CHAPTER 23
"DAMN YOU,BIANCA!!!" I screamed in anger and agony as i pounded my fists on my reading table in my room.It was a week since the discovery of her departure and i was yet to recover from the emotional blow it dealt me. How could she do this to me?!! After everything we've been through. What happened to being there for each other? I knew she was not to blame but my anger clouded my mind at the moment. For the past one week, i had been a mess. It seemed i had regressed back to my steely, emotionless self. I was angry at everything. Angry at my family, angry at my classmates, angry at Miss Kemi and even angry at myself. I didn't talk to anyone in class and they knew it was wise to stay clear out of my way. Tina had tried to reach out to calm me down,I shut her out. Sandra had tried to close the void bianca left, I booted her out. Miss Kemi had called me several times to come to her office, I stood her up. Everything made no sense to me right now. It was at that moment that i realised what bianca meant to me. When she left, she took everything with her; Her weird personality which drew me to her, Her beauty and finally my happiness. It was all gone.
"John" Sylvia's voice resonated from the door.
I turned around to see her by my doorway with a look of worry on her face.
"Yes?" I raised my eyebrows expectantly.
"Is everything alright? I heard you screaming"
"Its nothing. Everything is fine" I gritted my teeth.
"Are you sure?" She pressed on.
"Yes"
She looked at me with doubt before relenting.
"Ok. Dinner is ready"
"Im not hungry"
"John..." She persisted.
"Really,Sylvia. Im just.....not hungry right now." I cut her off.
She sighed and left the room. This had been the routine for the past one week. Small talk in the house. No laughter, no jokes. My brooding seemed to have infected the whole atmosphere.
I felt choked up and i needed some air. I left my room and on getting to the living room, I spotted Sylvia covering two plates of food on the dinning table. Probably mine and Dad's. Our eyes met and i could see hers pleading silently like she wanted to get something out of me. I wasn't going to relent.
"Going for a walk" was all i said before leaving the sitting room without even waiting for a reply. I knew i hurt Sylvia with my actions even though i couldn't see her face. She had always been the closest thing to a mum that i had.
As i walked along the road, I reminisced about the time she always promised to be there for me but it was all a fallacy. She will be married in a few months time and i will be left alone. I resigned myself to my fate as i realised i was cursed. Cursed to forever be alone.
Mom: Died and left me.
Dad:will hate me forever.
Sylvia:will abandon me for Chuks.
Bianca:Left me when we just formed a bond.
The tears formed on my eyes and obstructed my view so bad that i didn't realize i was standing in the middle of the main road and a speeding vehicle approached me.

And then all went black.

2 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Brainyster:
More grease grin grin
thanks,bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 11, 2019
getting to the end of this story. Personally, i didnt think this story delivered to everyones expectations. At least this is an okay start
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 12:35am On Apr 12, 2019
well done op
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Brainyster(m): 8:40am On Apr 12, 2019
Nice job cont.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
Kaycee9242:
well done op
thanks bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:32pm On Apr 12, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update
uwc bro. More to come tommorow

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 13, 2019
CHAPTER 24
For a moment, all i could see was darkness. I felt like i was in a void. A void of emptiness. I tried to move around but to no avail. It seemed i was probably restricted. But my obstinate nature kicked in and i decided it was not going to end this way. With a tremendous effort, i was finally able to move my left hand a little. And then i heard it. Voices!!
"Wait, nurse! He's moving!
"John!"
"Thank God!!"
Where were these voices coming from in this darkness? Who are these people? I felt a hand grab mine and then realisation set in. I had been unconscious and was clinging on the border between life and death. But no more. With a great effort, i finally opened my eyes.
I discovered that i was in the hospital bed heavily bandaged around my ribs and forehead. I saw Sylvia at my right, grasping my right hand with the nurse beside me.Sylvia's eyes were red and puffy meaning she had been crying. To my left and utmost surprise, I saw my Dad sitting and looking at me with a solemn look.
I tried to sit up but i cried out in pain from the sting of the wound on my ribs.
"Please don't strain yourself" The nurse placed a hand on my shoulder gently pushing me back on the bed.
"How long have i.." I weakly began.
"5 days" She answered. "Let me get the doctor" She added and left the room.
"You were very lucky" Sylvia said. Her voice sounded very raspy,like she wanted to cry again.
"Really?" I asked,squeezing her hand softly.
"Yes, You lost a lot of blood the day you were found on the road. If if wasn't for blood transfusion,you would have died." she added and i could see the tears flow freely from her eyes.
"Hey" I said softly as i wiped a tear from her face. "Im here, right? Its okay. Please no more tears"
She wiped the other side of her face with the back of her palm and smiled weakly.
"Who did the transfusion?" I asked.
"I did"
That voice was my Dad's. If he hadn't spoken,i might have forgotten he was there with us. I glanced at him. His usual angry demeanor was missing from his face and i saw something i never did before. Something i last saw when mom died. Sorrow. He was......Sad?
"Excuse me" Sylvia said and stood up. I guess she was anticipating something. On reaching the door,she spared a quick glance at me before leaving the room. For a moment it was quiet. Neither him nor i said anything as we were both deep in thoughts. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore. This needs to be settled once and for all.
"Why?" i finally asked staring at the ceiling. He knew what i meant.
"Because you are my Son" He replied.
"AM I?!!!!" I suddenly barked turning to look at him. He jumped a bit,surprised at my outburst. He wasn't expecting this side of me. I myself was surprised at my actions but my anger overshadowed it.
"Am I?" I repeated. "It only took my nearly dying for you to acknowledge that fact. I thought i meant nothing to you!! You neglected me for nine years!! Nine years!! We lived together in the same house yet i felt like an orphan because the only parent i had left who was supposed to be there for me threw away like garbage and is partially responsible for the emotionless monster i am today!! Look at me, Dad!! I'm a social outcast. AND IT'S YOUR FAULT!! It's....your..fault..."
I couldn't go on as i broke into tears. All the feelings of pain and anger for the past nine years were finally let loose.
"I know, John" Dad replied and i could see tears in his eyes too. He was clearly filled with guilt.
"I was so blinded with sorrow and pain after loosing your mother that it clouded my judgement. I didn't think straight and blamed a five year old boy. I was never a good father to you and i realise now;Just when i almost lost another one of my family. John, I know it's not going to be easy but please forgive this old fool you call your father. Please forgive me and i promise i would do everything it takes to make up for the nine years of pain i caused you."
He was clearly crying at this point and i reached out to grab his hand. This was the side of him i had longed to see.
"Dad,all i want is one thing" I looked at him.
"What's that?" He wiped his face and looked at me hopefully.
"I just want my father back" I said.
"Granted" He smiled.

3 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2019
I hv not commented for quite sometime. Nice storyline. Happy Sunday bro.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
Babysuccess02:
I hv not commented for quite sometime. Nice storyline. Happy Sunday bro.
Thanks. Same to you
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
CHAPTER 25
"Haba! Again?!" I yelled in frustration as i lost yet another game of chess to my Dad. It was the fifth in a row and i was yet to win one.
"That's chess for you. In order to win this game,you need tactics and patience" My dad laughed as he set the board for another game.
It had been two weeks since i was discharged from the hospital. My time there wasn't so bad as i was visited by several of my classmates who had heard of the accident and my slow recovery. There was Tina, Sandra, Akin, Sade and even Miss kemi, not to mention several others. For a moment then i felt like i was surrounded by family. Everything seemed perfect.....but something was still missing.
So here i was at home having quality family time at home. While i battled my Dad in a game of chess, Sylvia and Chuks were sitting together acting all cozy at the other side of the living room and discussing things i would rather not want to know.
My wounds had healed except the one on my forehead which was covered with bandage. At least I didn't really feel the pain again. As i looked at my dad's face which studied the board as he tried to make his move i couldn't help but wonder;
What if i never had that accident?
What if she never moved?
What if i never left the house on that fateful day?
It's funny how losing someone you care about brings you closer to another. Oh the irony.

It was finally over. My sister's wedding ceremony. Everything had gone well without any hassle. From the joining of the man and wife to the gathering at the reception. Lots of friends and family attended the event despite the fact that that Sylvia didn't want a large gathering. But knowing my Dad, it was pointless. He wanted her wedding to be the talk of the town. Oh well.
A slow music was playing and as i watched from my spot at the table as the guests danced, I couldn't stop the feeling of comfort in my heart as i watched my sister dance with her husband. She looked so happy and was laughing throughout. My biggest fears were gone as i realised that as she was leaving the house,she left it united. What else could i ask for?
Then it happened. I was about to take a sip from my glass when i got that familiar feeling. That feeling that i was being watched. I turned around and my eyes went wide in surprise as i caught sight of her!! There was no mistaking it. I could recognise that large eyes of hers anywhere. Our eyes met and she smiled softly at me. How i missed that smile. And her dressing further accentuated her beauty. She was wearing a purple dress with a single strap and with purple heels to match. Her hair was tied in a bun with some of the bangs let loose to cover the left side of her face. I could feel my heart beat ten thousand times over. As if it was synchronized, we advanced towards each other, her smile clearly widening in anticipation and as we closed the gap in the distance between us, i did something i never did in a long time. Something i was never seen doing.
I smiled.

THE END.

3 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Treasurewamiri(f): 2:49am On Apr 15, 2019
Wow! He regained his father and Bianca is also back... Well-done OP
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2019
Wow, nice ending.

Jah bless OP.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
smiley Well, it was a nice ride but it finally had to end. I kept my promise that i was going to complete this story no matter what obstacle i faced. I'm not going to lie though, there were times i wanted to give up when i wasn't seeing much comments on this thread.lol.
I want to give special thanks to the following people who commented and encouraged me:
Treasurewamiri, Brainyster,Kaycee9242,babysuccess02,skubido,jupitre. You guys rock.
For the ghostreaders that read and pass without commenting, i no go say much on una matter sha. Make una well done. I'm planning on releasing a sequel to this story but im not really sure again thanks to the low reception i got here. But who knows?
Once again, thanks and one love. I remain your favourite nerazzuri fan. Peace out.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tanks man, more of God oooo
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
skubido:
Tanks man, more of God oooo
lol.na so. You don see my other story?
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
Intermilanfan:
lol.na so. You don see my other story?

Yap
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Brainyster(m): 9:04am On Apr 16, 2019
Nice story grin
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2019
nice ending dear and thanks so much. it's not easy to start a story in this nairaland and finish it but u prove to be one of the few dedicated ones. once again thanks
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by jupitre(m): 6:18am On Apr 17, 2019
Wow.. Nice ending..
I wasn't expecting a short story though...
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Tridroid(m): 7:08am On Apr 17, 2019
Lovely story more wisdom to the writer
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2019
jupitre:
Wow..
Nice ending..

I wasn't expecting a short story though...
Thanks, bro. But like i said earlier, i'm using a nokia asha to type thats why it's short and besides comments weren't much here to move the pages. That's why it looks short.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 17, 2019
Tridroid:
Lovely story more wisdom to the writer
Thanks,bro. Same to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

15 Popular Nigerian Websites To Post Their Stories For Free / I'm Human...honest!!(werewolf) / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.