Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD (12803 Views)

The Strongest Thunder Sword - Feather's Stories / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD 2: Serpent's Venom.(18+) / Your Pen, Sword Of Liberty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
CHAPTER 12
I sat back against the mango tree with my head bowed. Too much emotions flowing within me. Rage. Confusion. Sadness. I was sure i left everyone stunned by my actions. I was even surprised myself that i could pull such stunts. What came over me?
I heard my name buzz on the announcer that i was summoned to the principal's office. I didnt even need to ponder further as i knew what i was in for.
Getting to the principal's office, i met Mr Jide and the principal discussing and they turned my attention to me. Seeing the look on their faces,i resigned my fate. Funny enough i just didnt care about anything anymore. My Dad was called to the office and i was suspended for a week.
Driving home, i could see my Dad's hands tighten on the wheel as anger flowed through him. He couldnt even spare a glance at me or say a word. I cant even remember the last time we ever conversed one on one. I could do anything to get a scolding, an abuse. Even a slap. Anything from him but this silent treatment that he has given me for the past nine years. This was more of an heartache than anything else.
We got home and he immediately drove back to work without uttering a word.
I was left alone at home as Sylvia was at work.I had few friends in the neighborhood so there was no one to visit. Besides they would be in school by now. I changed and roamed around the house lazily. Was this going to be my fate when Sylvia left? Suffering slowly till i die? I took a nap till i was awoken by the car horn. Sylvia was back from work and she was surprised to see me home. After i briefed her on all that happened, she was not pleased.
"Haba, John. Why in heaven's name would you do something like that?" She said.I could see disappointment written clearly on her face.
"I dont know, sis" i ruffled my hair and sighed. "I just dont know. I havent been myself lately"
"You think?" She frowned.
I kept silent.
"John" she said softly as she placed her hand on my shoulder. "You know how things are with you and Dad. You realize you just made it worse."
"I know" i said sadly.
Without another word, she went to her room to change. Needing a moment of solace, I left the house and took off for my favourite spot on the cliff. It was 4:30PM and school had closed for the day.
On getting to the tree, i stopped in surprise as i saw a familiar figure sitting at the base and staring into the sky.
"BIANCA?"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Kaycee9242:
nawaoooo!! what gave My boy John d impetus, morale, mind, courage, braveness and guts to challenge his teacher like this, anyway d jide deserves it. op u are too much well done we can only criticize when ur work has fault but as for now it's spotless and superb
thanks bro.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2019
is this Bianca mtn, she is all over the place. op well done am really enjoying ur story.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
Kaycee9242:
is this Bianca mtn, she is all over the place. op well done am really enjoying ur story.
lol. Thanks. This is better than the silence ive been receiving for almost a month. Thanks again
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
CHAPTER 13
"Hi, J" She grinned, waving her hand. She wore a pink tank top and white skinny jeans. I noticed a pink flower tucked in her hair.
"What are you doing here?" Of all the surprising moments in my life, this was one of the top five.
"Im relaxing" she replied,looking at me like i was retarded. "Duh"
"I can see that" I countered. "I was just surprised to see you here of all places"
"Why?" she tilted her head sideways to stare at me with those large eyes of hers. "I come here sometimes"
"Huh?" I blinked in confusion. This made no sense.
"You are weird" She giggled,placing her hand over her mouth.
"Look who's talking" I snorted,rolling my eyes and she reciprocated by sticking out her tongue at me.
"Come and sit" She patted the space beside her.
I hesitated. I definitely hoped she wasnt up to anything sneaky.
"Come on, J" She rolled her eyes at me. "I don't bite"
"Like i would be worried about that" I grunted sitting beside her.I was almost intoxicated by her scent. She smelled like fresh daffodils.She looked so gentle and fragile and the way her hair danced with the breeze was so......
"HELLO?! EARTH TO JOHN!" She waved her hand in front of my face and i blinked.
"What are you staring at?" she queried, her eyes boring into mine.
"i wasnt staring" I lied.
"Yes you were" She replied.
"No i wasnt"
"Yes you were"
"Whatever" I folded my arms and looked into the sunset. Bianca didnt say a word and she leaned back into the tree. A sigh escaped her pink lips as she breathed slowly taking in the serenity of the atmosphere. The silence was comforting as we both basked in the peacefulness of the atmosphere. However a thought came to my mind. This was the chance.
"Hey, Bianca" I looked at her.
"Yeah?" she replied opening her eyes.
"How did you know about me?" i finally asked the question bordering me for weeks.
She didnt answer and kept on staring into the sunset,making me wonder if she heard me. After a while, she looked at me and i perked up expecting to get the golden answer.This was the moment...
"Doesn't the sunset look beautiful?" she finally said with an innocent grin.
SERIOUSLY?!!! She kept me all interested and raised my hopes up only to give me that as an answer?
"Bianca" I frowned. Seeing my disappointment, she burst into uncontrollable laughter that tears was spilling out of her eyes. I hoped she hadnt gone crazy. What's wrong with this girl?
After her laughter subsided she replied.
"Sorry, the look on your face was priceless" she said
"You dont say" I was unimpressed.
"Oh lighten up" She punched my shoulder gently. "Try and have some sense of humor."
"Humor?" I put my index finger to my chin in mock thought. "Whats that?Never heard of it"
"You're such a sour grape" She pouted. "Anyway, to answer your question,Ive known you for three years now. I moved into the neighborhood three years ago and i noticed you around. I was always seeing you with your sister at the supermarket and you always had this face of stone as if you hated everything......"
"Wow,thanks" I muttered sarcastically.
"Let me finish" she flicked my cheek and i winced. "You never saw me though. But i always heard your sister call out your name"
"Oh" I nodded in realization."So you use to come to that supermarket too?"
"Yeah" She nodded smiling.
"Alone?"
"Yeah" She replied less enthusiasiscally and i saw her smile disappear momentarily. I decided not to prod her on that.
"So" She gazed at me "What was all that about today?"
"He had it coming. He is an asshole" I frowned shrugging.
"John!!" She cried,her eyes widening in surprise. For her to use my real name meant she was serious. "Dont use such language, Its also wrong to let your emotions contol you and rule you. Sometimes people could do anything to step on your toes but you have to be diplomatic to handle such situations"
I blinked in surprise.
"Are you sure you are the bianca i know?" I asked.
"Stop it" She swatted my arm. "im serious"
"I know" I sighed. "I guess ill have to work on it"
Bianca smiled and closed her eyes again and a warmth of silence enveloped us as we looked into the distance. The sun had finally set and everywhere was getting dark.
Suddenly,she started giggling and i looked at her startled.
"But you are right though..." she said as her eyes remained closed and a smile adorning her pink lips
".....he is an asshole"

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
lipsrsealed So guys. How am i doing? *fingers crossed*
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kvngfrosh(m): 9:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
U ar trying
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
Kvngfrosh:
U ar trying
thanks bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
CHAPTER 14
My suspension was finally over and i was finally glad to get out of that prison called a house. Besides I had a workload of notes to copy and i missed two tests,all in the space of a week. However what i didnt expect was the crowded attention i got as i was surrounded by my excited classmates immediately i stepped in the class. Almost all of them anyway.
"John,Bad Guy" Akin hailed as i took my seat.
"Men, I never knew you had it in you. It was about time jare." Another guy said.
By now, my seat was crowded and i was almost suffocating. I looked at bianca beside me and she smiled as if to say 'Just bear with it'. Oh well.
"Hmmm" Sade said "John, you surprised all of us o. And someone would think you are one gentle guy". I saw Tina elbow her slightly and she frowned. "What?"
Tina didnt reply and just hissed looking away. Thats her own cup of tea.
"Everyone,its enough o" Sandra's voice was heard as she tore through the mini-crowd and advanced towards me. "Give him some space na"
In a move that surprised me, she suddenly sat on my laps. I was almost overcome with embarassment at this moment. This was unlike her. I saw Bianca raise an eyebrow but still kept her grin. Well this was akward.
"Sandra, Please get off" I frowned. The guys were even hailing more as they saw Sandra's actions.
"You want to start forming abi?" she laughed,ignoring my protests.
"Sandra" I glared at her. Seeing my countenance, she quickly got off.
"Sorry o" she muttered and i could see she was embarassed. Whatever. Im not used to stuffs like that anyway.
Soon class started and arrangements was made on how to make up for the tests i missed. As for the notes i missed? Bianca,Akin and few of my other classmates volunteered to help. It was good to know i had a large fan base. Who knew that one outburst could turn things around for me? Sandra was still angry at the moment though but it didnt matter to me. She'll get over it.
It was soon time for Economics and the dreaded demon king waltzed in.
"Well well well" Mr Jide grinned on sighting me. "Look at who has returned" He walked to my seat and stood in front of me. It was hilarious seeing him trying to look intimidating considering he was 5'5 in height and was slim in stature.
"So, I hope you've learnt your lesson. That there are lines you cannot cross" He grinned menacingly.
I was about to give a witty reply when i suddenly felt a hand squeeze mine under the desk.I looked beside me to see bianca shaking her head disapprovingly. I sighed in defeat and Mr Jide walked away basking in his victory. I felt Bianca take her hand away and her smile return. This girl will be the death of me.
The rest of the day was uneventful and school closed for the day. On getting home, i quickly showered, ate lunch and retired to my room to study for my missed tests. Mid term exams were approaching and i needed to get rid of the workload and simultaneously boost up my C.A.
I had been reading at my desk for almost an hour when i heard a small tap at my window. I looked at my window and saw nothing. Shrugging, i was about to resume studying when i heard the sound again. Pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance, I walked up to my window to check it and was stunned by what i saw.
Looking down,I saw Bianca at the front of my gate. Her hands were outstreched backwards and i could see a pebble in her grasp meaning she was throwing stones at my window. What's wrong with this girl?
Seeing me, She grinned and waved.
"Hi J" she said."Let's hang out"

3 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 4:21pm On Mar 26, 2019
u are doing well dear ride on
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 26, 2019
CHAPTER 15
"You know there's something we call 'knocking' " I frowned as we walked along the lonely pathway leading to our spot on the cliff. I had taken permission from my sister before leaving the house.
"Knocking?" She put her hand on her chin mocking my previous sarcasm. "Never heard of it"
I shook my head at her silliness.
"You do realize i was studying right?" I said.
"You do realize you could have declined my offer right?" she countered.
"Yeah" I replied "I could have"
"So why didnt you?"
"....." I had no idea how to respond to that. Why didn't I? We said nothing more as we approached the cliff and at that moment i was stunned at what i meet. By the base of the tree where i usually sat was a huge sheet containing a cooler. Two plates and two bottles of soft drinks.
"A picnic?" I stared at her in utter surprise.
"Yeah" she nodded smiling. "To celebrate."
"And what exactly are we celebrating?"
"Your maturity in handling the confrontation with Mr Jide today"
"And that warranted all this?" I gestured to the items.
"yeah"
"What if i had declined your offer to come along?" I raised an eyebrow at her.
"I would have kept pelting your window with stones until i broke it" she replied with a straight face.
I shook my head at her.
"What am i going to do with you?" I sighed
"Enjoy my company while it lasts." she laughed and grabbed my arm leading me to our picnic. "Now sit and stop asking questions"
We sat at opposite sides of the sheet and she brought out the contents of the cooler and served me. Fried rice and fried turkey with.....Carrots?
"wow. You made all these?" I was impressed.
"Yeah" she nodded.
I picked a carrot.
"And what exactly is this for?" i waved it to her face.
"Brushing your teeth" She deadpanned at my stupid question. Oh well, i might as well oblige her. I shrugged in response and began to brush my teeth with the carrot. Bianca held her sides as she laughed uncontrollably.
"And....You..say im wierd" she said, her laughter punctuating her statement.
"You are" I washed down my carrot-stained teeth with a drink. She stuck out her tongue at me. I couldnt help but smirk a little. Since i met bianca, there was just something about her that brought comfort to me. Of course i wouldnt admit it to her. An hour later and we had finished our meal. We cleared up and relaxed side by side by the tree.
"Hey Bianca" I glanced at her. She was looking into the distance.
"Yeah" she replied
"You said something about enjoying your company while it lasts. What do you mean 'while it lasts'?" I asked.
Instead of answering immediately she was silent. I could see a solemn look on her face and she sighed before laying her head on my shoulder. I flinched a bit but i didnt push her away. For some reason, this was comforting. I could feel my insides flutter and my heartbeat triple for some reasons alien to me.
"There are still some things you don't know about me, J." She finally broke the silence. "But soon enough you'll get why i said that"
I guess she didnt want to open up yet so i let her be.I tilted my head sideways to get a whiff of her shampoo. The sweet smell of strawberry flavor infiltrated my nostrils and it was intoxicating.
"Hey, J" she said
"Yeah?" I replied.
"Can you come to my house this weekend?" She lifted her head from my shoulder and smiled at me.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Treasurewamiri(f): 9:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
Interestingly interesting... Ride on Boss
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 9:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
this Bianca wey dy do like ogbanje. op well done
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
Treasurewamiri:
Interestingly interesting... Ride on Boss
Thanks girl
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
CHAPTER 16
"Well, someone's in a bright mood today" Miss Kemi said as we waltzed around the class. It was G and C class which meant it was time for another annoying dancing session. And to answer your question, yes i was dancing with Miss Kemi.....again. Why? I had no idea. This time Bianca and Sandra were dancing with some guys. What a releif. At least i can dance in peace without Sandra trying to pierce a hole through my head with her stare.
"Really?" I replied to Miss kemi."How could you tell?"
"Well for starters, you didnt get cold feet when it was time to dance" She grinned. "And secondly your mood has been brighter today. Dont get me wrong, You still have that stoic expression on your face but its considerably lighter now"
"I guess so" I replied shrugging.
"It wouldnt have anything to do with a particular girl now, would it?" She winked at me.
"I dont.... know what you mean" I stuttered almost losing my balance.
"Hmmm" She grinned teasingly.Then her face became serious.
"John" She added. "Are you still considering going for mass communication in the university?"
"Yes" I was a bit surprised at her question. "Why?"
"Just wondering" she replied."I dont know John.Shouldnt you be looking into business management. I believe your Dad could need your expertise when he wants to retire"
I frowned at the mention of my Dad.
"I believe my sister is there for that" I replied. "She is the first born"
"But you are his only son" She countered.
'If only he viewed it that way' I said in my mind. 'I doubt if i exist to him'
"With all due respect,Miss Kemi." I replied. "Can we please change the subject?" Things were going great already. Why bring this up,now? My mood was officialy wrecked and i knew she could see it.
"Alright" she gave up. "We wont talk about it"
"Thank you" I nodded in gratitude.
"You wanted a change of subject, right?" she grinned mischieviously.
"er...." I was confused.
"How about i give you a change of dance partner?" She said wiggling her eyebrows at me teasingly. Then she looked at Bianca who was dancing at our right. I followed her gaze and blanched. Oh no.
"You wouldn't" i said
"Would i?" She pouted thoughtfully. "Lets find out,shall we?.
"Bianca" Miss Kemi called out and bianca faced us. "How about we switch partners?"
I saw Bianca smile and come to us. "He's all yours" Miss kemi smiled teasingly at me before leaving to dance with the other guy. Well,this was akward.
We stared at each other saying nothing for a while.
"Hey" I said.
"Hey" She grinned.
"How are you?" I scratched my head.
"Great" She replied. "You?"
"Er..yeah. Im cool"
This was ridiculous and somewhat hilarious. Wasnt this the same girl i just had a picnic with yesterday and we gisted today? So why was i standing like the statue of annubis instead of dancing with her?
"John. Anytime now." I heard Miss Kemi laughing from the other side of the class. Swallowing, I asked Bianca for a dance and she accepted.
"That wasnt so hard now, was it?" Bianca giggled as we danced.
"hmmph" I grunted.
"So, are we still on for the weekend?" She asked, her large eyes shining with hope.
"Sure thing" I replied.

The house was boring right now. I had been studying for almost two hours and i felt i needed a break. I was already having a headche anyway. I saw Sylvia gisting with her fiancee, Chuks when i passed the living room.
"Big guy. Whats up na" Chuks waved.
"Nothing much" I replied as i went over to shake his hand.
"Sylvia, i want to step out for a bit." I faced my sister.
"Alright" she replied. "Dont take long o"
I nodded and left.
The gentle breeze outside proved to be a releiver as my headache subsided. After twenty minutes, i had passed an eatery and was
about turning back home when i suddenly saw two familaiar figures steping out of the eatery. My eyes widened in shock as i saw Mr Jide and Tina walking like a couple with his arm around her. They hadnt seen me so i managed to sneak behind them. I could hear Mr Jide mumble something and tina laughed. Then he tilted his head sideways and kissed her on the cheek.
"How romantic" I cleared my throat startling them and they turned around to face me. I could see the shock on Mr Jide's face and embarassment on Tina's as they quickly seperated.
"And pathetic" I glared at them.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by chisiudeh: 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2019
Lol. J boy don hol bros jide for blokos . Na now game don start.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by xaviercasmir(m): 3:49pm On Mar 27, 2019
Nice story here man. Keep it up
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2019
xaviercasmir:
Nice story here man. Keep it up
thanks bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2019
nice one op we are following
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 27, 2019
Kaycee9242:
nice one op we are following
thanks
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by crossfm: 10:29am On Mar 28, 2019
Hope oga teacher will eat the humble pie now.lol.thanks for the update.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
CHAPTER 17

~'Throw your dollar bills and leave your
thrills all here with me.
And speak but don't pretend I won't
defend you anymore you see.
It aches in every bone, I'll die alone, but
not for you
My eyes don't need to see that ugly
thing, I know it's me you fear.
If you want me hold me back
Frail, the skin is dry and pale, the pain
will never fail.
And so we go back to the remedy
Clip the wings that get you high, just
leave them where they lie
And tell yourself, You'll be the death of
me
I don't need a friend, I need to mend so far away
So come sit by the fire and play a while,
but you can't stay too long
It aches in every bone, I'll die alone, but
not for pleasure
I see my heart explode, it's been eroded by the weather here.
If you want me hold me back
Frail, the skin is dry and pale.
the pain will never fail.
And so we go back to the remedy
Clip the wings that get you high, just leave them where they lie
And tell yourself, You'll be the death of me.
Frail, the skin is dry and pale, the pain will never fail
And so we go back to the remedy.
Clip the wings that get you high, just leave them where they lie
And tell yourself, You'll be the death of me'~

I nodded my head repeatedly as i kept on replaying the lyrics of Seether's 'Remedy' in my mind while i ate at the cafeteria. It was buzzing with activities as i could see everyone scurrying about trying to get something to eat.
My mind drifted back to yesterday's incident;
I didnt even give the both of them a chance to explain themselves as i walked off in anger. I ignored the shouts of my name from Tina as she tried calling me back. It was probably for the benefit for all of us because i might have hit her had she come to meet me. Yes, i was that angry because at that moment,everything made sense to me. The favouritism he gave tina and the ridiculously high marks she was always getting in the tests. Adding to my rage was the laughter she always gave when he humiliated me in class. Oh they had it coming.....
My thoughts were cut off as two hands covered my eyes from behind.
"Bianca" I sighed "Really?"
My guess was correct as she sat in front of me.
"Aww" She pouted "You ruined it. How did you know?"
"Your scent" I shrugged as i chewed out of my sandwich. "I can detect it anywhere"
"Oh really?"She raised her eyebrow at me. "So what do i smell like?"
"Vanilla" I replied plainly.
"Hmmmm" She replied "Thats creepy."
"Its that what you think?" I asked.
"Yup" She replied smiling and pulled out her lunch. Rice,fish and...carrots?
"Whats with you and carrots?" I questioned.
"I love them" She grinned and offered one to me. "have one"
"No,thanks" I replied.
"Come on, J" She giggled and started waving the carrots in front of my face in an aeroplane motion. "Here comes your vitamins. Open wiiiiide" She sang.
I shook my head at her silliness and decided to oblige her. I opened my mouth and she was about to put the carrot inside when i heard a soft voice interrupt us, calling my name.
"John"
We looked at our right and saw Tina staring at us with a meek expression on her face.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2019
well done op
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Treasurewamiri(f): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2019
Tina don humble
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 28, 2019
Kaycee9242:
well done op
thanks
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 28, 2019
Treasurewamiri:
Tina don humble
lol na so
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 3:48pm On Mar 29, 2019
Nice story u gat here. Keep it coming.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2019
Nice story welldone sir
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 30, 2019
CHAPTER 18
"Excuse me." I said to Bianca and she nodded affirmatively. I followed Tina outside and we found a secluded area beside the cafeteriea where there wouln't be any interuptions or interferance.
"Its kind of weird, though" I folded my arms."Seeing you here without your crew"
"They dont need to be here" she replied. Her sober expression was a far cry from the haughty look she usually had on her face.
"Oh really?" I said dryly. "I wonder why. So what is it? What do you want?"
"You know what i want, John. Stop playing around" She pleaded. I could see her shuffling her feet in discomfort. This was one of the best fun ive had in years.And that's saying something.
"Do i?" I raised an eyebrow at her. "Because last time i checked,Im not a telepath.I dont read minds" I added.
Tina let out a huff and twiddled her fingers, looking away from me. For seconds that seemed like hours, she said nothing and my patience was beginning to wear thin.
"Look,Tina. I dont have all day" I snapped startling. "Break time will soon be over and ive just taken two bites of my food....Literally. If you have something to say,then say it for crying out loud!!!"
"About yesterday" She began "Im really sorry"
"Why in heavens name are you apologizing to me?" I deadpanned.
"Because i dont want details to spill out" she replied. "John, Please im begging you. Im ready to end everything with him.Just dont tell anyone what happened. I have a reputation to protect"
"You mean a reputation of selling your soul for a few qeasly marks?" I said as my voice began to rise. I was very angry and she could see that.
"John,I...."
"Or maybe you mean a reputation of being the biggest bitch in school"
"JOHN!" she cried out in surprise.
"Oh,im not done yet. Or maybe a reputation of the ice queen of S.S.2 who struts around with her few maids behind her holding her garment and throwing roses on the floor as she walks by!!!" I voiced out in anger. That did it and Tina burst into tears.
"Im so sorry" She sobbed. Her body shook uncontrollably as she tried to hold herself together."You wouldnt understand.Its what i live for. Attention. Attention i dont get at home. You can never understand"
My expression softened at her statement.
"Trust me, Tina" I sighed "I understand. More than you'll ever know"
Her sobbing calmed down and she looked at me. Her eyes were already puffy and red.
"But there are other ways to get attention rather than being mean to people" I continued. "Look,i know you well. You are smart and intelligent. Ive seen you pass other subjects with ease besides Econs. You dont need him. For goodness sake,Tina you're fourteen!! You're way to young for this and Mr Jide is like what?Thirty one? Come on,you're better than this."
"I know" She sighed sadly.
"How long has this been going on?" I asked.
"A year now" She sighed dejectedly.
I was filled with rage at that moment. That sick bastard!! How could he? At that moment, a student walked over to us.
"John, Mr Jide wants to see you" he said. Perfect timing.
"Sorry Tina" I said. "We'll continue this later"
She nodded.
I walked some distance then stopped and turned to face her.
"You know. If you hadnt been like this, we could have been good friends" I said and i saw her smile at that. Not her wicked smile im used to seeing. But a genuine smile. It was nice to see.

Mr Jide perked up immediately i entered the staffroom. He was the only one there which made it easier for me and for him because i was about to drop a bomb.
"John...." He began but i cut him off raising my hand.
"Before you spill the garbage that usually comes out of your mouth, I want you to listen and listen good. You've been compromised and your jig is up. You're are a disgusting bastard from the pits of hell who doesnt deserve to live. I cnat believe you would stoop so low. A FOURTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL?!!!" I screamed slamming my hand on his table making him jump in his seat. His eyes were filled with fear at this point. I leaned my head forward and narrowed my eyes at him.
"A week" I snarled"Im giving you a week to quit your job here and thats because i want to be lenient with you. You deserve much worse. Jail is where animals like you belong."
With that i stormed away before stopping and looking at him from the doorway.
"In case you want to weseal your way out of this" I glared at him "I have the pictures"
I left the staffroom leaving him petrified. Of course i lied about having pictures. But hey, who
says i can't mess with his mind.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by michael123pelemo(m): 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2019
this story is going well, don't hesitate to update. thanks.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 2:28pm On Mar 30, 2019
nice update op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's 'half Of A Yellow Sun' Bags Decade's Best Female Authored / I Wanna Learn Pidgin English! / Where Can I Download African Novels??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.