Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,797 members, 7,959,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD (13138 Views)

The Strongest Thunder Sword - Feather's Stories / DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD 2: Serpent's Venom.(18+) / Your Pen, Sword Of Liberty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
michael123pelemo:
this story is going well, don't hesitate to update.
thanks.
ill try my best
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 31, 2019
smiley happy sunday friends
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
Happy Sunday to you too. When is the next update coming?
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
Babysuccess02:
Happy Sunday to you too. When is the next update coming?
Unfailingly tommorow. The problem with me is that when i dont see that much comments on my story, i start to beleive that my story is not as good as other stories in the literature section and i get discouraged. Imagine getting only two or three comments per day after sweating and racking my brains to produce chapters. Im not trying to accuse anybody o. I just feel like people dont like my story. But dont worry ill drop something tommorow.

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 10:07am On Apr 01, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Unfailingly tommorow. The problem with me is that when i dont see that much comments on my story, i start to beleive that my story is not as good as other stories in the literature section and i get discouraged. Imagine getting only two or three comments per day after sweating and racking my brains to produce chapters. Im not trying to accuse anybody o. I just feel like people dont like my story. But dont worry ill drop something tommorow.

my brother u are doing a great work don't be discouraged with the low comments. its not been long u started this story so it's not unusual dt d turn out will be low for now but with time and steady updates na u go dy run from comments. I appreciate ur work bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 3:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
Intermilanfan:

Please don't be discouraged. The story is very interesting.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
CHAPTER 19
"Welcome to my humble home" Bianca smiled as she invited me in.
I was quite impressed. Her house was a decent bungalow.It was painted white and the windows were adorned with gold and there were two cars parked in the compound.
"Nice place " I commented as i followed her into the living room.
"Thanks" She smiled and offered me a seat. "So what can i offer you?"
"Nothing. Im good." I replied still observing the living room. Ill have to admit,her folks had good taste. Everything about the place screamed 'glamor'.
"Really, J?" She stood akimbo in front of me. "This is your first time here as my guest. You should be treated like a king" She winked.
"Fine" I rolled my eyes. "Anything will do"
"Coming right up" She switched on the television and skipped into the kitchen. She reappeared a few minutes later with a tray containing a plate of white rice and fried turkey with a bottle of 7up.
"All this for me?" I raised an eyebrow in awe. "You really prepared for this"
"Yeah" She grinned.
The television was showing highlights of the concluded champions league final where inter milan defeated bayern munich. I was engrossed with the show until bianca called my attention.
"Its funny how Mr Jide just vanished from school without an explanation. Its been two days now" She said thoughtfully as she focused on the screen. I almost choked on my food.
"He probably has his reasons" I tried to keep a straight face.
She was about to retort when all of a sudden, a woman entered the living room startling both of us. She had a striking resemblance to bianca and she looked like she was in her mid-thirties.But what startled us and almost made me choke on my food for the second time was her state of dress. She was dressed in a loose white tank top which revealed that she was wearing nothing underneath and
pink shorts that revealed her legs.
"MOM!!" Bianca shrieked and slapped her hand over my face,blocking my vision.
"Hello" The woman replied and i could tell there was a hint of a smile and mischief in her voice. "Who is this handsome young man?" She added.
"That doesnt matter, Please put something decent!!!" Bianca cried out, her hand still covering my face.
"Last time i checked, young lady, This is my house. I can do anything and wear anything in it" The woman replied and i could detect the strictness in her voice. "I can even strut around naked" I heard her laugh.
I felt the sofa vibrate meaning she had sat on it on my left with bianca on my right....still covering my eyes.
"You would like that, wouldnt you?" Her mom's voice whispered in my ear blowing air into it. I was so uncomfortable and was almost sweating though there was A.C in the living room. Before i knew it, Bianca had yanked my arm in anger,pulling me off the sofa and leading me away to her room.
"For God's sake, I cant beleive you sometimes, Mom!!" She screamed in anger. Her mom only smiled and waved at me before i disappeared from the living room.
Bianca's room portrayed feminity. It was pink with lots of posters of female actresses on the wall. A pink laptop was on the table and her bed was covered in pink bedsheet. But she wasn't looking so feminine at the moment. She sat on the bed fuming with rage. This was alien to me. I had never seen her angry. I sat beside her.
"Im sorry you had to see that" She whispered.
"Was she always like that?" I asked.
"As long as i can remember." she nodded.
"And your Dad?" I asked again.
"They seperated when i was six." She sighed. "All they ever did was fight and quarell. I think she married him for his money. Since they split ways i only get to see him once in a while. All she does is bring in different men per week and go out for parties late at night.She doesnt even care if i object or not."
"So all those times you acted weird and crazy in school..." I began.
"..Was to cover up the pain and misery i go through in this house"She completed my statement,bursting into tears. I was so moved and put an arm around her. Everything made sense now.
"Sorry,i had to tell you all of this" She later calmed down and layed her head on my shoulder.
"Dont be" I replied. "It's not like its paradise at my home anyway"
"What do you mean?" She looked up at me.
"You've only met my sister and i talked about my dad with you once." I replied.
"Oh thats right" She blinked. "I never knew about your mom"
"She passed away when i was five" I sighed looking absent mindedly at her poster of Gemma Arterton on the wall. The memories were coming again.
"Oh" Bianca said softly placing her hand on my shoulder. Her tears had dried up now "Im so sorry"
I stood up and walked to the tabe and turned away from her.
"What if i told you..." I began,clenching my fists as i fought the tears trying to spill from my eyes.
".......That i was the one who killed her."

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
killer? how? as little as he was? op abeg do fast and clear dis suspense pls. well done
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by opalk(m): 7:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
Intermilanfan
Bro, well-done
your story is amazing
more updates pls
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
opalk:
Intermilanfan Bro, well-done your story is amazing more updates pls
thanks. Updates coming soon
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by crossfm: 9:22am On Apr 02, 2019
This is getting more intresting.thanks for the update.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2019
Now, this is becoming more and more interesting. I'm learning a lot, most importantly the impact of the home on the child.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
crossfm:
This is getting more intresting.thanks for the update.
uwc bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 8:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Weldone bro. But the suspense is killing
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nickibeauty(f): 3:16am On Apr 03, 2019
keep it coming bro
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Brainyster(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nice one, waiting for more update grin
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 03, 2019
CHAPTER 20

*FLASHBACK*
"Dear, how long are you going to be at the mall?" Chief Azubike said as he sat at the living room watching the news.
"Hmmm,I dont know o. I think a few minutes or so" His wife replied. She was wearing a dark T-shirt with blue jeans and her sunglasses was balanced on her head.
"That means probably an hour" He grunted.
"Haba na wa for you o" She laughed as she headed for the door.
"Mummy!!" A small voice was heard and she groaned in despair.
"This boy again" She muttered under her breath and chief azubike laughed.
A five year old john burst into the living room and clung to her hand.
"I want to come with you" He whined.
She looked to her husband for support but the look on his face showed he wasnt going to help.
"Take him along na." He grinned and she frowned.
"Alright,John" She sighed in defeat. "Lets go. Where's sylvia?"
"Sleeping"
"Alright let's go"
"Yay" John squealed as he dragged his mom out of the door.
"Bye,Daddy!" He cheered waving to his dad.
"Alright. Take care" Chief Azubike smiled and waved.
A few minutes into their journey,the car suddenly broke down by the side of the road much to Mrs Azubike's frustration. She tried to kick start it several times but to no avail.
"Na wa o" She grunted. "Why now?!!"
John paid no attention as he was occupied with a kids story book.
"John, wait here. Im coming okay?" She stepped out of the car.
"Okay" He said, not looking up.
Fortunately, Mrs Azubike was spotted by a passerby and he volunteered his service.
Meanwhile, John had turned another page in his book only to discover it wasnt attached. At that moment, the loose page was blown by the wind out of the car window and into the main road.
"Oooooh!!" John cried out in anger before jumping out of the car. Looking left and right, he stepped into the road to retrieve the page.
The samaritan had worked on the car and told Mrs Azubike to start it. Moving to the car, she discovered her son was missing. Glancing at the road, She saw him bend down to retrieve his page.Unfortunately at that moment, a speeding vehicle approached from the left and heading towards the boy in full force.
"JOHN!!!" She cried out and dashed into the road. John cried out in fear as the moving vehicle was inches away from impact but before anyone knew it. She had shoved him away from full force and took the impact of the hit......
*FLASHACK END*

"That's how it happened" I said as i hung my head while resting at the table. "Since that time, My Dad wanted nothing to do with me. He pretended i didnt even exist. To him, Sylvia was his only child. I was more of the devil's spawn who was born into this world to bring him misery and everytime he looks at me, he sees the woman he lost and can never get back. Those were his words"
For a moment i didnt hear anything. Probably Bianca thought less of me now. I flinched as her felt her hands wrap around me from behind and she leaned her head on the crook of my neck.
"I had no idea, J" She said softly.Her breath on my neck was warm and for once, i didn't feel discomfort. I placed my hand over hers.
"I guess our lives suck" I replied humorously.
"You could say so" She laughed. "But remember we are somewhat alike. I said that the first time we met." She added.
"I know" I replied.
"But no matter happens, i'll be there for you" She said.
I nodded.
"And vice versa" I replied after a while.

3 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 9:33pm On Apr 03, 2019
Tnx for the update. But it did not satisfy my hunger oo.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Kaycee9242(m): 9:39pm On Apr 03, 2019
op this update is very short ooooo! thanks anyway e no easy to write
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2019
Babysuccess02:
Tnx for the update. But it did not satisfy my hunger oo.
abeg make una no vex. Ive been occupied of recent.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Brainyster(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks for the update, expecting more grin
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
Tank's for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
Intermilanfan:
abeg make una no vex. Ive been occupied of recent.
Ok. I understand. Just try ur best. Tnx dear.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 04, 2019
Babysuccess02:

Ok. I understand. Just try ur best. Tnx dear.
Thanks for your understanding and thanks for your patience. I know how it feels to be waiting for updates on this literature section. I used to be one of the readers too. But i can guarantee and promise everbody one thing;

This story will be completed no matter the obstacles that come my way.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 4:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
Intermilanfan:
Thanks for your understanding and thanks for your patience. I know how it feels to be waiting for updates on this literature section. I used to be one of the readers too. But i can guarantee and promise everbody one thing;

This story will be completed no matter the obstacles that come my way.
Tnx for the encouragement.
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Babysuccess02:

Tnx for the encouragement.
anytime. Phew. Im less busy now. Updates will start dropping again as from tommorow

1 Like

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Hatima: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2019
Well-done smiley
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Babysuccess02(f): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
Intermilanfan:
anytime. Phew. Im less busy now. Updates will start dropping again as from tommorow
Yipee
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2019
CHAPTER 21
Second term had ended and after the break, we had resumed for the final term of S.S.2. I sat back in my seat reminiscing all that had happened within four months;
I had met Bianca.
I was able to get Tina on my good side.
Mr Jide quit his job(Good riddance)
I had gained quite a lot of friends
So far so good, everything was looking great....
"John!" That was Bianca yelling in my ear.
"Jesus, Woman" I winced as i covered my ears. "What's wrong with you?"
"What's wrong with me?" She retorted. "I'm not the one who has been spaced out for ten minutes"
"I wasn't spaced out" I defended.
"Actually, John. You were" Tina interjected this time with a grin.
We were all seated around my table talking. It was the first week of the third term and there were no classes. Everyone was just being idle and chit chatting.
"Alright fine" I shrugged."What were you saying?"
"I asked how your holiday went" Tina asked.
"Eh" I shrugged.
"Is he always like this around you?" Tina laughed to Bianca.
"You have no idea" Bianca replied.
"Then you're trying"
"I know. Its not easy o"
"Hey, you girls know i'm right here. "I frowned at them and they started laughing out loud.
Just then a junior girl burst into the class and ran straight to Bianca.
"Senior Bianca!!" she squealed and sat on her lap. I looked at Bianca inquisitively and she smiled at me. I guess she was
her school mum then.
"Hello, Joy" Bianca smiled at the girl in her lap. "How are you?"
"Fine" The girl replied joyfully. "Guess what?"
"What?" Bianca asked.
" I passed my Inter science exam!" Joy replied bouncing excitedly in her lap.
"Congrats" Bianca smiled and they hugged. I saw Tina smile at the scene. Who wouldn't?
"You see?" Bianca said after they disengaged. "I told you if you worked hard and believe in your self,you'll achieve anything"
"So anything is possible in this world?" Joy said.
"Yes" Bianca replied
Joy looked at Bianca and then suddenly turned to look at me with a sly smile. I didnt like where this was going. Then after some minutes,she faced Bianca.
"Is it possible for you to marry Senior John?" She asked innocently.
"What?!!" I cried out in shock. Joy jumped down from Bianca's lap and ran out of the class,giggling.
Tina however bursted into laughter uncontrollably at the scene and at my reaction(which was probably priceless). I turned to look at Bianca and she had a blank look on her face.
"What?" She asked innocently.

2 Likes

Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by jupitre(m): 6:49pm On Apr 07, 2019
Wow...
Nice piece you've gat here man...
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by skubido(m): 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2019
jupitre:
Wow... Nice piece you've gat here man...
thanks bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Human...honest!!(werewolf) / 15 Popular Nigerian Websites To Post Their Stories For Free / Intellectual Property Removed At Owner's Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.