Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah (55390 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:06pm On Apr 17, 2019
Ndahimo:
I've been a ghost reader from book one and I most say ur stories are exceptional. But I feel like beating yemi blue and black. If he can't open up to his wife at least he can talk to yinka.

Wow!!!!! Glad you eventually came out of ghost mode too. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

I can relate to your feeling, bro.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 12:07pm On Apr 17, 2019
FRESH EPISODE LOADING...
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lilly4endu(f): 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2019
OP, still loading?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2019
Sorry guys, an issue came up with my phone just when I was about posting the episodes.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2019
EPISODE 15
(CHAPTER TEN)

AFTER GETTING DRUNK ON his own tears, Yemi looked at the clothes in his hands thoughtfully as if trying to decide whether to put them on or not. He had intended to come home, take his bath, change into new clothes, and go back out. But with what just happened he decided against it. More so, he was already exhausted. Before long, he was snoring into dreamland.

At about half past noon, he rolled but before he could settle into a new position, his phone started ringing. He reached for it and picked the call.

“Hello, mum.”

“Yemi, what is this nonsense I’m hearing about you?”

“What mum?” his voice was slurred and he yawned.

“That you wanted to divorce your wife!” It was that nagging tone Yemi hated to hear.

“Oh, that?” He yawned once more and pouted.

“Will you stop pouting at me and tell me what has gotten over you!”

“Mum, I didn’t pout. It was the sleep.”

“The sleep better disappear already so that you can open your mouth and talk!”

“Mum, you too stop rolling your eyes and let me sleep, please. I haven’t slept since last night.”

“And whose fault was it that you abandoned the comfort of your bed and the warmth of your wife for only God knows where?”

“Mum!”

“Stop it! And don’t mum me! You must be naughty, very naughty. Thank your God that you are not close by, I would have twisted those big ears of yours until they hurt badly.”

“I know you would but, fortunately, I’m not close by,” he teased and laughed.

“And why are you making light of the matter? I’m not joking here, young man. Now tell me, what did that lovely girl do wrong to warrant this nonsense?”

Yemi was now becoming irritated by his mother’s persistence on the matter. “But mum, you didn’t even approve of her when you heard I was going out with her,” he squealed.

“That was when I still had scales over my eyes, not now. I now love her as my own daughter and she doesn’t deserve any of this.”

“Fine! Then after divorcing her, you can take her in since she’s now one of your daughters.” His eyes glinted like the aftermath of lightning.

“Yemi, have you taken a leave of your senses?” Yemi knew at once that he had crossed the line. That was his mother’s favourite line whenever she lost her temper. “Since when did you develop the gut to talk back at me like that?”

“Mum, see, I need to sleep. If you don’t have any important matter to discuss, please let’s call it a day. And one more thing, please don’t call until you have something important to discuss.”

“Yemi! Yemi! You must be—”

“Bye mum.” He ended the call and hissed.

Mrs Williams stared at the phone in her hand open-eyed. The stare was a mix of anger and shock, and almost bore holes into the phone screen. “Yemi hung up on me! Adesoji must hear this.” She gathered her gown up and dashed towards the room, yelling as she did, “Adesoji! Adesoji!”

Her shouts awoken Mr Williams from his siesta. He grunted. “Ooooooooooooh! What is it again, woman?!”

“Your son is at it again. It’s Yemi. You need to hear this.”

Meanwhile, his mother had successfully chased out sleep from Yemi’s eyes. He sat on the bed and thought for a while. He then stood up, went into the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth. He dressed up and left the house in spite of Simisola’s resistance.

Later in the evening, Mr Williams called Yemi and requested that he met him at the Golf Club. When Yemi got there, the sun was about calling it a day. It gave the sky a golden glow that cast beautiful golden rays across the golf course. The beautiful sky would pique the interest of any seasoned photographer or artist.

Yemi and his dad sat in the bar with their favourite drinks in front of them. Mr Williams was a shrewd man. He didn’t dive straight into the matter at hand. Instead, he started with trivial matters and football. Football was an area of common interest. In fact, they were fans of the same club. After Yemi was at ease, he brought up the main matter.

“Son, I heard you wanted to divorce Simisola.”

“Yes, dad.” He hardened his face.

“Okay. And why is that?”

Yemi’s gaze fell down to his hands that were fiddling with a crown cork on the table. He wanted to say something but his lips only twitched. Mr Williams looked into his eyes and saw pain buried deep within.

“Come on, I’m listening, buddy,” his father urged him on.

After staring into empty space for some time, the frown returned to his face. He cleared his throat. “Dad, let’s just say I’m tired of the marriage.”

“Mm-hmm?” Mr Williams’ voice was soothing as ever. “Do you realise it is Simisola we are talking about here, son?”

“Yes, I know, dad.” His voice was brusque.

“Well, I still vividly remember when you came to convince me about her five years ago. Or have you forgotten? It was right here in this bar, remember? The way you made your defence, I didn’t need a crystal ball to know you loved her deeply. So, what changed?”

“Dad, well, she must have held me under a spell. How else could I have married a secondary school dropout from the ghetto if I was in my right senses?”

“Yemi!” his father cautioned with a stern look. “Be careful of what you say lest you say things you will end up regretting for the rest of your life. Words are like milk. Once spilt you can’t take it back. Hope you have not been talking like this at home?”

Yemi moved uneasily in his seat and looked away.

“Have you thought of Kayla in this decision of yours?” His father’s words conveyed with the right emotion had a way of sinking deep into him.

Once again, that look of pain, worry, and fear returned to his face. He opened his mouth to speak but again it was as if his vocal cords had been tied into a knot.

Mr Williams stared deep into his eyes. “Son, let me help you. I know there is something you are not telling me. Talk to me, buddy.” His father held his hands.

He began to feel a wetness in his eyes. And as if he suddenly remembered something, he withdrew his hand from his dad’s and got up.

“Sorry dad, I have to go now.” He hurriedly picked his phones and car key from the table.

Mr Williams watched as his hands trembled while he did so. His father didn’t stop him. He only watched him hurry away. The key dropped off his hand after a few steps. He bent low, picked it up and hastened his steps, turning in all directions as if to be sure nobody was watching him. He got to his car and drove off.

Mr Williams remained on his seat, staring with a squint as he became consumed by his own thoughts. After a long time, he brought out his phone and dialled Yinka. They spoke for some time after which, he lifted the glass before him to his lips and downed the juice in one swig. He then stood up and left.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Asco9ty5(f): 9:28am On Apr 18, 2019
Sent an email to you, waiting patiently.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by izaray(f): 10:11am On Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
Asco9ty5:
Sent an email to you, waiting patiently.

Hello Asco9ty5,

Seen your mail and have replied. Thank you for the patronage.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 1:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update

You're welcome, izaray.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by aprilwise(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
What yemi is doing in so protect his wife and daughter.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by becca2017(f): 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hmmmmm this is sewious oh.. i feel for baby Kayla though.. thanks for the update sir

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
aprilwise:
What yemi is doing in so protect his wife and daughter.

Good line of thought.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 8:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
becca2017:
Hmmmmm this is sewious oh.. i feel for baby Kayla though.. thanks for the update sir

Abi ooooooo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
EPISODE 16
(CHAPTER TEN)

Banana Island, Yemi’s Residence, 8.27 p.m.

When Yemi came in, Yinka was seated on the three-seater sofa facing the door. His clasped fingers rested on his stomach and he tapped his feet on the floor continuously. His face was devoid of any sign of a smile. Immediately Yemi entered and saw Yinka, he paused a little at the entrance, looked around and saw Simisola and Ngozi on the couch to the right.

On seeing him, Simisola jerked in her seat and looked at Ngozi with raised eyebrows. Ngozi returned the gesture. A glance at the clock showed the time was 8.27 p.m. She rubbed her eyes as though scales were covering them. She turned to Ngozi, “Omo Ibo, please what is it by your time?”

“8.27 p.m.,” Ngozi answered. “And why did you ask?”

She pointed to the door. “Yemi at the door by 8.27 p.m.? It has not happened in four weeks!”

“That means tonight will be good.”

“I hope so ooo.”

Yemi walked close to Yinka, full of smiles. Yinka didn’t return the smile.

“Yinkus, the Aristotle!” he hailed him. “This one that you are looking as if they’ve placed a ban on Gulder, what’s up with you?”

“Must everything be Gulder? Please, I have more pressing issues here.”

“Wow,” Yemi sat down beside him. “So, there are other things that can be more important than Gulder? I’m delighted to hear that.”

“Yes, there are, Yemi. You are more important to me than Gulder and so is your marriage!” Yinka was brusque.

“Oh, I see.” Yemi stood up. “Simisola has been talking to you too. First, it was my mum, then my dad, and now you. Why won’t you people let me be for Christ’s sake?” His countenance changed.

Immediately Simisola noticed the change in his tone of voice, she tapped Ngozi and both of them hurried inside.

“Oh, we should leave you alone, right? And is that’s why you’ve been avoiding me for the past three weeks? Because you wanted to be left alone?”

“Yinka, stay out of this.”

“And if I don’t?”

“Then you won’t blame me for whatever you get.”

“Meaning? Are you now threatening to beat me up?”

“I won’t hesitate if it gets to that.”

“Yemi! What has come over you?!”

“I warned you to stay out of this, Yinka!”

Yinka looked at his best friend and was aghast. He decided to play it cool.
“Yemi, what’s happening, mehn? I’m really missing my buddy. I know you are not like this. Please, tell me what’s going on.” Yinka tried to appeal to his sense of reason.

Yemi said nothing. He only paced up and down the sitting room.

“Yemiscoli,” he patted the empty space Yemi just vacated. “Come and sit down and let’s talk about this.”

Yemi walked to the wall instead. He turned his back on Yinka and pressed his forehead to his arm folded against the wall. His right foot tapped the floor furiously. It made a tip tap noise. He breathed in and out slowly.

“Yemi, you know you can count on me,” Yinka continued. “You and I don’t hide things from each other, remember? Let me into whatever it is that is going on. This is not you, Yemi”

Yemi swung around. He wagged his finger furiously at his best friend. “Yinka, I told you to stay out of this!” he roared.

Yinka saw the veins of the wagging hand engorged and the ones on his neck responding in a similar way. He sprang to his feet. He couldn’t take it anymore.

“What is wrong with you, Yemi? Why are you trying to play God? Everyone has tried to reason with you—your mum, dad, and I. Yet you are throwing tantrums all over the place! What the hell is your problem?!”

“Stop it, Yinka!”

“No, you stop it, Yemi! Look at poor Simisola. Look at what you are doing to her. Have you forgotten what happened in Port Harcourt? Do you want a repeat of that? How could you forget so soon what we went through on our way to Ajele Village? We almost died, mehn! All for Simisola! The same Simisola you are treating like this! What about our ordeal in Uselu?!”

Yemi advanced forward. “Yinka, I said stop it!”

The whole atmosphere was becoming heated up. Nose flared on one side and teeth clattered on the other side. Voices barked at each other.

“No, I won’t stop sh*t. Simisola is fragile, we both know it and I won’t stand here and watch you and your craziness send her down that horrible path again!”

Yemi took two long, fierce strides and sent a staggering blow to Yinka’s face. “I said stop it!”

Yinka fell back into the sofa he was seating on minutes earlier.

“Yemi, you slugged me?” He sprang to his feet and made to attack.

At that moment, Simisola and Ngozi ran into the sitting room.

“Yemi!” Simisola screamed.

“Mr Yinka!” Ngozi yelled.

Both men stopped in an instant. There was a momentary silence. Only the ticking sound of the wall clock could be heard aside their heavy breathing. They looked at the ladies and each other. Surprise hung over Yinka’s face so much so that he didn’t notice the blood trickling down a corner of his mouth. Yemi becoming aggressive to the point of slugging him was the least he expected.

Simisola saw the blood and ran to Yinka. “Ah, Mr Yinka, you are hurt.”

Yemi saw it too. “I warned him!” he blurted out as if exonerating himself and then stomped upstairs.

Three pairs of shocked eyes watched him take the stairs three at a time.

“I’m sorry, Mr Yinka. I’m so sorry,” Simisola begged.

“It’s not your fault, Simi.” He touched the blood with his finger and stared at it. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing. Yemi and I will resolve this.”

Simisola nodded but the gesture lacked any lustre. Ngozi left and came back with cotton wool and a bottle of methylated spirit.

A few minutes later, they started hearing Yemi’s footsteps and the sound of tiny tyres rolling behind him. All six eyes turned in his direction and saw him dragging a travelling bag down the stairs. Simisola ran to meet him.

“Yemi, where are you going?”

“Well, since you people will not let me have peace, it’s better I leave the house for you.”

“Yemi, please don’t do this.” Simisola tried to hold him.

“Leave him! Let him go if he wants to. Who cares?” Yinka marched up to Simisola and pulled her away from Yemi. “Good radiance to bad rubbish!” He hissed.

Yemi blocked his ears to all that was said. He just continued dragging the travelling bag until he got out of the house.

Ngozi took Simisola into her arms and comforted her as she wept into her bosom.

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by danielck22(m): 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
JamesKudooski:
EPISODE 16
(CHAPTER TEN)

Nice One Boss, Indeed you are an Ink Legend..
I stumbled on your fabulous creative piece which had me glued to my phone throughout today, from the first part to this second one, and to say that I'm impressed is an understatement.
For the first time I was online for hours just to make sure I read this wonderful story to the end(though this one is in progress).
You've really done a wonderful job by captivating my heart, kudos Boss.
More grace, More Ink to your Pen.
More fuel to your engine(or diesel)
I eagerly await the next update. �

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lilly4endu(f): 10:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
This is serious!!!!! Who could be behind all this change of Yemi's attitude?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by toyhin123(f): 1:41am On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ndahimo: 7:15am On Apr 19, 2019
Its official yemi has gone mad. How I wish simi will be strong about the whole and just let him be.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 7:32am On Apr 19, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2019
Tanks for the update ooo

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by rukidanty: 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
I Don land o.. thanks for mentioning me at the beginning.. what a wonderful piece you have here.. Ann and skubido are enjoying the story alone, please endeavor to let me know whenever you are reading an interesting story.. remember we follow almost the same stories
thanks for the update

2 Likes

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by toyhin123(f): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lilly4endu:
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by YoungBruzzy(m): 7:56pm On Apr 19, 2019
Oh my good God!! this story is taking a new turn... I hope nothing bad is gonna happen to my dear Simisola..
kudos to the writer of this story.. I dey feel you ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
YoungBruzzy:

The writer is Male

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
danielck22:

Nice One Boss, Indeed you are an Ink Legend..
I stumbled on your fabulous creative piece which had me glued to my phone throughout today, from the first part to this second one, and to say that I'm impressed is an understatement.
For the first time I was online for hours just to make sure I read this wonderful story to the end(though this one is in progress).
You've really done a wonderful job by captivating my heart, kudos Boss.
More grace, More Ink to your Pen.
More fuel to your engine(or diesel)
I eagerly await the next update. �

Woooow!!!! shocked shocked shocked All these for me? Thank you so much, danielck22. I'm super glad my story captivated your heart. I appreciate the compliments.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lilly4endu:

It's really serious oooo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
toyhin123:
Thanks for the update boss

You are welcome, sis.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ndahimo:
Its official yemi has gone mad. How I wish simi will be strong about the whole and just let him be.

I agree with you 100%!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

You are welcome, Ann
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
skubido:
Tanks for the update ooo

I see you, Skubidoo.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
rukidanty:
I Don land o.. thanks for mentioning me at the beginning.. what a wonderful piece you have here.. Ann and skubido are enjoying the story alone, please endeavor to let me know whenever you are reading an interesting story.. remember we follow almost the same stories
thanks for the update

Wow, rukidanty! You are welcome, sis. I've been expecting you for long. Longest time. Trust you are doing good. And I'm happy you are enjoying this story too.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
YoungBruzzy:
Oh my good God!! this story is taking a new turn... I hope nothing bad is gonna happen to my dear Simisola..

Yes, YoungBruzzy, it's really taking a new turn.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Funny 40 Alleged Quotes From President ROBERT MUGABE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.