Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah (55448 Views)

You Can Now Read The Full Version Of Jewel From The Ghetto 2: The Return Of Shak / I Fit Be Second Jesus(sex Na Food 2)the Return Of Spana By Youngzubi / Jewel From The Ghetto: New Novel Release!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 3:47am On Apr 11, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hi everyone,

The following are the winners of the FREE copies of the COMPLETE book here on Nairaland:

1. ewawumi
2. Ann2012, and
3. Skubido.

Congratulations, guys. Please drop your email addresses for the downloading instructions.

Congratulations once more.

Yippee, thank you Sir. God bless you

heart.maryann@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by jesvic91(m): 6:14am On Apr 11, 2019
I'm back
Nice update boss

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by toyhin123(f): 7:18am On Apr 11, 2019
Wow!
Am really loving this.
Thanks for the update baba

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by aprilwise(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2019
The person he thought can not hurt a fly can kill a
Elephant and lion. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by skubido(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hi everyone,

The following are the winners of the FREE copies of the COMPLETE book here on Nairaland:

1. ewawumi
2. Ann2012, and
3. Skubido.

Congratulations, guys. Please drop your email addresses for the downloading instructions.

Oya gbefun

Twale, owo meji fun enikan

U too much boss, jah bless ya hand work ooooo.

fabmikky007@gmail.com
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lilly4endu(f): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2019
O gini kwa?

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by ewawumi(f): 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hi everyone,

1. ewawumi
2. Ann2012, and
3. Skubido.

like seriously?
omobolaji1996@gmail.com

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Kaycee9242(m): 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2019
op well done and thanks for the update, please can anyone throw light for me on gbemisola character in the part 1 of the book I can't seem to remember who she was

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hi everyone,

1. ewawumi
2. Ann2012, and
3. Skubido.

Hello my good people,

Downloading instructions sent. Please check your emails.

Thank you.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ann2012:

Yippee, thank you Sir. God bless you

heart.maryann@yahoo.com

skubido:

Oya gbefun

Twale, owo meji fun enikan

U too much boss, jah bless ya hand work ooooo.

fabmikky007@gmail.com

[quote author=ewawumi post=77456431][/quote]

You are welcome, guys.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
jesvic91:
I'm back
Nice update boss

Welcome back, jessica91 and thanks for the compliment.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
aprilwise:
The person he thought can not hurt a fly can kill a
Elephant and lion. Thanks for the update

Aprilwise, I see you. It's been awhile.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:11pm On Apr 11, 2019
Lilly4endu:
O gini kwa?

shocked
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
toyhin123:
Wow!
Am really loving this.
Thanks for the update baba

You are welcome, toyhin123.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op well done and thanks for the update, please can anyone throw light for me on gbemisola character in the part 1 of the book I can't seem to remember who she was

Gbemisola was Scorpion's new girl friend he met after Shakirah started misbehaving. She was the one he was going to see the day he was attacked by Tiger and his boys. The day he was supposedly killed.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
EPISODE 9
(CHAPTER SIX)

The Following Day, Agege, Pink Roses Beauty Shop.

IT WAS ONE OF those days that the sun was too shy to come out but rather chose to peep from behind the clouds. It looked like it wanted to rain but everyone knew it wouldn’t. This day, the weather maintained a balance as though the sun and the rain clouds were still deliberating on which should have the day. The heat was almost non-existent and the air was cool. It was that weather people loved. And with this kind of weather, one would never expect any dull moments inside Pink Roses. The girls were as lively as always, doing their thing, and cracking each other’s ribs.

Auntie Funmi’s eyes caught sight of a dark grey Land Rover (LR3) SUV that just parked in front of the shop. “Kenny, is that not Simisola’s car?” she asked, pointing to the car.

“Auntie, I think...” Kenny squinted as she scanned the car. “I think ... it looks like it.” Just then the doors opened and Simisola and Ngozi came down, looking as elegant as beauty queens. “Auntie, it is!” She whooped and started running towards the door, hands flying in the air.

Taiwo ran after her. Lolade followed and then Deborah. Auntie Funmi stood up from her seat, all smiles, and walked towards the door after them. Her insides were in a flutter.

Over the last five years, a lot had changed about Pink Roses, thanks to Simisola. Auntie Funmi had expanded and upgraded the shop. The quantity and quality of her customer base, as well as her apprenticeship, had improved tremendously too. There were now several new apprentices, many of whom were undergraduates either running part-time programmes or came over during their holidays. All because of the impact Simisola’s story had on Pink Roses. Some of them were not new to Simisola and Ngozi since they had met them on earlier visits. Bukola and Tolani had completed their apprenticeship and left to set up their own salons. Abike had married and relocated to Ibadan with her husband.

“Simisoooooola! Omo Ibo!” Kenny screamed as she jumped into Simisola’s arms. Taiwo hugged Ngozi. Auntie Funmi stood at the door, her lips rewarding her face with a benign smile. After the hugs had gone round, Simisola and Ngozi were engulfed in Auntie Funmi’s open arms one after the other.

“You girls are looking fabulous!” she said in her ever inviting voice.

“Auntie, you are not looking bad either,” Simisola and Ngozi replied appreciatively.

Truly, Simisola and Ngozi were looking distinguished. Ngozi’s fair skin was now so fresh and unblemished that she looked like a bi-racial with a white parent. A long expensive wavy Brazilian hair crowned her head. Her jewellery was 21-carat gold and she spotted designers ensemble. Her gait and aura revealed class. Same could be said of Simisola.

“Omo Ibo!” Taiwo yelled drumming her feet against the floor. “You look gorgeous!” She hugged her again, grabbing onto her arms and holding it.

“You too, my person. Your head is there!” Ngozi squealed, bouncing from foot to foot. “Give me... give me...” She waved her hand in the air. “Give me five!” The palms clashed together thunderously.

“Omo Ibo, I thought you have left this your drama behind,” Taiwo jested.

“No, no, no, Taiwo,” Kenny faced her twin with a fake frown, “Ngozi is no longer Omo Ibo ooo. She’s now Omo Lekki.”

“Look at you, olodo (dullard), you don’t even
know anything,” Taiwo countered, “She’s Omo Banana, not Omo Lekki.”

“It's not Banana. Its Banana Island,” Simisola corrected.

“Yo, you are right, mehn.” Kenny started mimicking Yemi’s American accent. “Yo ...”

“Yooooo mehn!” All the other ladies completed it for her in one voice and there was a resounding burst of laughter just like old times.
If there was anything Simisola and Ngozi missed about the ghetto, it was definitely Pink Roses and their crazy former colleagues.

“Ladies, ” Auntie Funmi called out. “Enough of this drama. Shall we all go inside, please?”

All their faces beamed as they matched inside the salon.

Then Simisola remembered something. “Oh, lest I forget. We have some stuff in the boot for, you, Auntie, and the girls. I’m sure you will love them. Ngozi and I got them the last time we travelled to the U.S. Auntie, please could one of your girls get them?”

“Wow! Thank you so much.” Auntie Funmi instructed one of the younger apprentices to get the items. Taiwo, Kenny, Deborah, and Lolade looked at each other. Their faces shone and wide grins decorated them.

Soon, they were all inside, enjoying the company of each other. The new apprentices were thrilled to meet Simisola, their secret mentor and they fell in love with her personality instantly.

After a while, Simisola asked about Shakirah. “I heard she’s now back from prison. I was expecting to see her here.”

“Shakirah? Hmmm!” Auntie Funmi sighed deeply. Sadness gradually crept over her face. “Yes, she’s back but not as the Shakirah we all knew. Shakirah is now someone else; in fact, something else. The prison beyond doubt changed her ...”

Simisola became concerned. She looked at Ngozi who threw her face to the other side. Ngozi cared less. Shakirah could be a mad woman on the street. It wasn’t her problem. After all, she deserved it for all she made her best friend go through.

“...for the worst, I’m afraid!” Auntie Funmi added. “She’s now a gangster on the street causing mayhem in one place after the other. She even has her own gang of daredevils now. They now call her Shakirah, the Badass Queen! Heard it was what they used to call her in prison.” Her lips turned downwards. “She now smokes too.”

“Ah! She now smokes?” Simisola jerked in her seat. She covered her mouth and her eyes grew wide.

“Well, not marijuana. Cigarette.”

Ngozi flickered her eyelids and hissed as if the story disgusted her. “Please, please, please can we talk about something else?”

“Ah-ah, Ngozi!” Simisola was surprised by her lack of empathy.

“What do you expect me to do, Simi? Go and look for her and take her to rehab? After all, she did to you? If that’s what you have in mind, then count me out!” The more Ngozi talked about it, the angrier she became.

“But Ngozi, even I that she wronged had long forgiven her. I think it’s high time you did too.”

“Well, Auntie Funmi cut in. She still comes around from time to time whenever her head cools down, that is. Especially, when she needs money. I use such opportunities to counsel her. I pray she listens someday.”

“Oh, that’s so thoughtful of you, Auntie—”

Simisola, ana m adọ gi aka nti ooo. Simisola, kpachara anya! I’m telling you!” Ngozi interrupted in Ibo language (Simisola, I’m warning you ooo! Simisola, be careful!). She had had enough.

Auntie Funmi tactfully brought the topic to rest and after some time, the tension dispersed. And before long, smiles and laughter returned to all of their faces.

Taiwo and Kehinde brought out an invite and handed it over to Ngozi.

“Oh, your wedding invitation,” Ngozi called out. “This is great.” She shared it with Simisola and both heads were buried in it. “Wow! You are both getting married on the same day. Wonderful.”

“Anyway, I wasn’t expecting anything less given that you babes do practically everything together.” Simisola smiled. “But wait ooo,” Her eyes caught something. “You girls are getting married to biological brothers? I see the same surname here.”

“Identical twins actually.” Both Taiwo and Kenny blushed.

Simisola and Ngozi exchanged looks, intrigued. “Interesting!” Simisola raised her brow.

“Identical twins getting married to identical twins. That’s a story I surely want to hear. Tell us about it. How did it happen?” Ngozi asked excitedly.

“Well, it all happened one public holiday,” Taiwo began. “Kenny and I went to Tastee Fried Chicken to have a good time ...”

Taiwo had taken a seat to the left of the door, while Kenny had gone to make their orders. Shortly thereafter, a slender young man came in. He brought along with him a unique freshness as his perfume quickly spread around. He paused at the door, took a brief scan and had headed to the counter straight ahead.

After taking a few steps, his head turned in Taiwo’s direction. He took a casual look and continued towards the counter. Taiwo was too busy pressing her phone to notice him. Then, all of a sudden, he stopped as though he missed something. He retraced his steps and turned to take a better look at Taiwo. This time around, the figure sucked him in—yes, he did miss something.

“Mehn, what a damsel!” he muttered. Then he changed course and strutted towards her, tucking his hands in his pockets.

“Hello, young lady, why did you do that?” His brusque voice drew Taiwo's attention away from her phone. She raised her head.

“Excuse me?”Her eyes met his with a frown.

“I mean why did you do that?”

“Do what?” Her frown grew sterner.

“Do what you just did!” His voice grew firmer.

She looked behind her to be sure the guy wasn’t talking to someone else.

And as if he read her mind, he added, “It’s you I’m talking to so don’t bother looking back.”

‘Who is this clown?’ Taiwo wondered. ‘And who the hell does he think he is? If he thinks being an ebony-skinned, six-footer with a sweet smelling perfume was a licence to such arrogance, then he must be a fool.’ She was losing her temper but somehow she managed to comport herself. “I’m sorry, I think you’ve got the wrong person.”

“How many Gauss is it?” the guy fired another question, completely unrelated to the first one. It only got Taiwo more confused.

“Gauss? How many Gauss is what? And what is Gauss by the way?”

“The magnet!”

“What magnet?” The arrogant guy was already driving her crazy. She knew her anger was at the verge of erupting. She closed her eyes and took several deep breaths in order to calm herself. “I think you should leave at this point!”

But the guy didn’t feel threatened by the redness of her face. “I mean the magnetic force that surrounds you.” The stern look on his face gave way to a benign smile. It made him more handsome. “I mean how strong is it?”

The smile worked magic for it calmed her down. “The magnetic force that surrounds me?” She looked around her—in every direction—as if looking for the so-called magnetic field.

“Yes. I mean the magnetic force of your captivating beauty.” His voice was as soft as wool now. “Mehn, how could you be so beautiful and powerful at the same time? No, that’s unfair. It’s a wicked combination.” He gestures dramatically. “I was going to the counter to get some snacks when your beauty accosted me and your magnetic force dragged me and here I am standing before the most gorgeous lady I’ve ever seen in ages.”

Taiwo melted. “Oh!” Her eyelashes fluttered, then she blushed. “That’s new. How could my magnetic force ...” She made the sign of quotation marks in the air with her fingers. “...pull such a tall, handsome guy like you?”

“That’s a question I’m hoping to get answers to. Anyway, excuse my manners. My name is Ben.” He stretched his hand for a handshake.

“I am Tee.” She took his hand and shook it. “You are such a funny man.”

“Tee as in Tiger?” Her hand felt soft and delicate.

Taiwo nodded.

“Wow! No wonder you have the aura of a Tigress.” He gestured at the empty chair opposite hers. “May I?”

“Sure.”

It was a table for four so there was still enough space for Kenny when she arrived with the food. Taiwo wondered what took her so long.

The next minute, they were talking, smiling, and laughing. There was such stupendous chemistry between them that was surprising given the short time they were together. Taiwo felt pressed and excused herself to use the convenience.

Ben watched her back as she walked towards the ladies. ‘Look at that! Mehn, this girl is blessed,’ he thought, rubbing his chin.

Almost immediately, Kenny came to the table with a tray containing food for two. Ben was shocked.

“Hey, you are back? That was fast!”Then he realised she was carrying a tray. “Wait a minute! I thought you said you were going to use the ladies and that was barely seconds ago. Now you are back with a tray of food?” He glanced at the counter and saw long queues. He turned back to Kenny more puzzled. “How did you do that?”

Kenny knew what was happening. She knew that the guy had mistaken her for her twin sister. It wasn’t the first time it was happening. It had happened too many times that she had lost count. And it was the part of being identical that they enjoyed most. It was usually an opportunity for them to prank on people. This would not be different. So, she played along. The twins had so much mastered the act that she picked up the conversation from where Taiwo left it and continued seamlessly without Ben suspecting anything.

They were in the middle of the conversation when Taiwo returned, drying her hands with her hankie. Ben looked up and saw Taiwo. His jaw dropped and his eyeballs grew bigger. He looked at Kenny and back at Taiwo.

“You,” he pointed at Taiwo. ”You,” and then Kenny. He was completely lost. Not only were they identical, but they also dressed the same way.

Taiwo and Kenny exchanged mischievous glances then looked at Ben and burst out laughing. “You got pranked!” they said together, pointing at him. The laughter continued.

Ben joined the laughter despite himself. “You two are twins! Oh, my God! Too identical that I got fooled.” He laughed again. “You girls are fun to be with, anyway.” He brought out his phone. “There is someone I’d like you to meet too.”

“Who?”

“My brother.”

He dialled his brother who was waiting in the car outside. Shortly thereafter, the door opened.
“That’s him.” Ben pointed at the door.

Both girls turned to the door and saw him. He was looking around trying to locate them. He spotted their table. Their eyes met. He smiled and walked briskly towards them.

Taiwo and Kenny looked at each other and then at Ben. The surprise was plain on their faces.
“You are identical twins too?” they asked as if it wasn’t already obvious.

Ben giggled, poking his fingers at them. “You got pranked!” He mimicked their voice and all four of them laughed heartily.

Ben introduced his brother, “He’s Ben—”

“Wait ooo,” Taiwo interrupted. “You are Ben and he is also Ben?” She was more confused than ever before.

“I’m Bernard, he’s Benjamin. Together we are Ben-Square,” the newly arrived brother explained with a mischievous wink.

“Oh, that’s interesting. Well, I am Taiwo ... call me Tee if you like ... and she’s Kenny.”

“It’s our pleasure meeting you, ladies.” Bernard extended his hand.

“Same here,” Kenny replied and they all shook hands.

“We would like to know you better. Do you mind giving us your digits?” Benjamin requested.

“Digits?” both ladies asked at the same time.

“Your phone numbers.”

“Oh, pardon us ...”

They exchanged numbers and after a while, Benjamin and Bernard left.

“Wow! What an interesting story.” Simisola laughed. “And funny how you guys met.”

“Yes ooo.” Taiwo blushed.

“And one thing led to another and Taiwo ended up with Benjamin and Kenny with Bernard,” Auntie Funmi completed the story.

“Auntie, you have met them too?”

“Oh, yes. And they are very identical too. Like Taiwo and Kenny, they too wear the same clothes and do everything together. It’s difficult to tell them apart.”

“Really? So, how then do you guys know who’s whose?” Simisola was curious.

“Really, initially, it was a bit difficult and we pranked ourselves often but as time went by we could differentiate who is who the same way you people can differentiate between Kenny and me.”

“This is such a wonderful story. Anyways, I don’t expect anything less theatrical from our very own Taiwo and Kenny,” Simisola jested.

“Ehn-ehn, lest I forget, is there any aso-ebi? Ngozi asked.

“There’s going to be but we haven’t chosen any yet,” Taiwo explained.

“We will let you know when it’s out,” Kenny added.

“Fine. Just buzz us immediately you ladies pick one,” Simisola said. “So, how’s the preparation going ...”

The creaking sound of the door drew Simisola’s attention.

Shakirah entered...

To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

2. SMASHWORDS: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/930731

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/adukestories/

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lilly4endu(f): 12:04am On Apr 12, 2019
OP, you too much. Thanks for the update.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Kaycee9242(m): 12:16am On Apr 12, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Gbemisola was Scorpion's new girl friend he met after Shakirah started misbehaving. She was the one he was going to see the day he was attacked by Tiger and his boys. The day he was supposedly killed.

OK thanks sir

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 4:57am On Apr 12, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hello my good people,

Thank you.

Downloaded, let me enjoy reading

Thanks Sir

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by toyhin123(f): 7:05am On Apr 12, 2019
JamesKudooski:

The creaking sound of the door drew Simisola’s attention.

Shakirah entered...

[i]To be continued ... Watch Out for the Next Episode!

Ghen ghen ghen ghen
Oga James ur head dey there bt abeg this suspense too much for me o
Thanks for the update sir

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Ann2012(f): 8:17am On Apr 12, 2019
Whew.....I lack words on how to acknowledge you JamesKudooski, you're simply exceptional.

I just finished reading this exceptional story and you deserve more than just accolades, may Almighty God continue to increase your wisdom and talent, the sky is the beginning. You'll definitely go greater places boss man.

Thank you Sir, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by Lyoncrescent: 1:43pm On Apr 12, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Lyoncrescent, I'm so happy that you enjoyed the part one. And I must say that was nothing compared to what lies ahead in part 2.

As for other payment options, you can do direct payment into the account below. The recharge card option also sounded good. I never thought of that before. So, I'm going to include that too (thanks for the idea).

Account Name: Qudus Adeyemi Oko-Osi
Account No: 2832013934
Bank: Ecobank

Or

Send Airtel Recharge Card to 08028360247.

Price: N500.

Thereafter, please send a mail to okoosiqudus@gmail.com:

Thank you for your interest in the book.

Afternoon. Sent airtime for the book since 7.30 am. I sent two text messages and an email . Guess you are busy . Was expecting you will at least acknowledge the email or SMS.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by ewawumi(f): 5:36pm On Apr 12, 2019
JamesKudooski:

Hello my good people,

Thank you.
Received and downloaded. Thanks so much
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 6:48pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lyoncrescent:

Afternoon. Sent airtime for the book since 7.30 am. I sent two text messages and an email . Guess you are busy . Was expecting you will at least acknowledge the email or SMS.

So sorry, Lyoncrescent, to be frank, i didn't receive neither of your SMS nor email.

I just checked my post above and realized that the mistake was from me!

I typed a wrong phone number! (Can you imagine me missing a digit from my own phone number and i didn't even realize it) The number was supposed to be 08028460247 and not 08028 3 60247. The SMS had gone to the wrong number.

Please forward the SMS to 08028460247 now. Please include your email address and also resend the email.

So sorry for the mixed up and the inconvenience.

Thanks.
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lilly4endu:
OP, you too much. Thanks for the update.

Thanks for the compliments, Lilly4endu. Your head is there!
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 10:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ann2012:

Downloaded, let me enjoy reading

Thanks Sir

smiley
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
toyhin123:

Ghen ghen ghen ghen
Oga James ur head dey there bt abeg this suspense too much for me o
Thanks for the update sir

wink wink wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ann2012:
Whew.....I lack words on how to acknowledge you JamesKudooski, you're simply exceptional.

I just finished reading this exceptional story and you deserve more than just accolades, may Almighty God continue to increase your wisdom and talent, the sky is the beginning. You'll definitely go greater places boss man.

Thank you Sir, God bless you

Awwwwwwwwwww!!!! I'm blushing right now! shocked

Thank you so much, Ann2012, for this head-bursting comment. It's comments like these that make me feel confident in my writing ability and make me to want to write more. I really appreciate.

But I will appreciate it more if you can leave a review for the book on Smashwords.

Thanks, dear.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:07pm On Apr 12, 2019
ewawumi:

Received and downloaded. Thanks so much

wink
Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
FRESH EPISODES LOADING ...

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
EPISODE 10
(CHAPTER SIX)

The creaking sound of the door drew Simisola’s attention. Shakirah entered. She looked rough and tied her hankie on her head; Tupac style. Her tight faded jeans trousers were torn at the knees from where her knee caps peeped. She was a perfect image of a street thug. The top of a cigarette pack was slightly visible in her jean pocket. Three equally rough looking girls waited for her outside the shop.

Shakirah raised both hands in the air and stomped one foot on the ground. “Ah, màmà! Ọ̀wọ́ meji lókè fun eyán kan!” she dropped off in a Yoruba slang (Ah, mama! Two hands in the air for you.) “Iya mi, to o sure, ẹ yáà ìṣú fun mi k’ọmọ girl lọ fi jẹun!” she added. (My trusted mother, just give this babe some dough to eat.)

Simisola’s hands flew to her chest. Her breath became caught in her throat. Ngozi slapped her hands against her cheeks. Her mouth rewarded her face with a full ‘O’ shape. They couldn’t imagine that Shakirah had degenerated to this point. They had not fully comprehended the picture Auntie Funmi was trying to paint until now.

“Shakirah!” Auntie Funmi was disappointed again, “What are you doing to yourself?” Her voice was strained with pain.

“Màmà! Ẹ fi yẹn lẹ ...” (Mama, don’t bother yourself ...) She spotted Ngozi. “Ah! Omo Ibo, you sef dey here?” she added in Pidgin English. She then sighted Simisola and stopped abruptly. Her countenance changed. Her eyes went red with rage. “Ta léléyì?”
(Who’s this?) She pointed at Simisola with an elaborate gesture. “Simisola! lábà mi? Ìwọ?” She jabbed her finger at her. “Walaahi, o máa ku leni!”(Simisola! In my hood? You? I swear you will die today!”)

What followed next filled Simisola with fear that almost squeezed life out of her. She had never seen such blood rage in her life except in movies! In one swift movement, Shakirah lifted a chair up in the air and advanced towards Simisola. Simisola screamed and ran further inside the shop, shuddering. Auntie Funmi, Taiwo, Kenny, and Lolade rushed to block Shakirah. They held her.

“Shakirah! Shakirah! Shakirah!” Auntie Funmi shouted at the top of her voice. “What is the meaning of this?”

Shakirah struggled to shake herself free from their grip. “Màmà! Màmà! Ẹ fi mi lẹ ooo. Mi o fẹ́ wó’ju yin ooo! Ẹ fi mi lẹ. Ẹ jẹ ki ǹjẹ́ oju ọ́mọ́ wéré yi!” She fired back as she tried to wiggle herself free. (Mama! Mama! Leave me alone ooo. I don’t want to disrespect you ooo. Leave me. Let me finish off this mad girl.)

“Don’t let her go ooo. Hold her!” Auntie Funmi called out to the other girls holding Shakirah. She was panting now. Shakirah was strong.

“Oooooooh!” Shakirah snarled in frustration. She started throwing kicks about like a child throwing tantrums. Taiwo and Lolade were not so fortunate. A kick caught Taiwo on her knee and another one landed on Lolade’s ankle. Both girls yelped in pain. Lolade hopped on one leg but none of them let go of her.

“Shakirah, you kicked me! You kicked me,” Taiwo shouted.

“Ẹ fi mi lẹ ooo. Máa jẹ́ oju yin ooo. Taiwo, Lolade, Kenny, mi ń sọ́ fún yín ooo.” (Leave me ooo. I will harm you people ooo. Taiwo, Lolade, Kenny, I’m warning you ooo.)

“Shakirah, calm down. You are over-reacting. Calm down,” Kenny tried to pacify her. She was equally breathing hard now. Holding Shakirah was no small task even for four people.

“Hold her ooo! Hold her ... very well!” Auntie Funmi breathed heavily. “She mustn’t break free ooo,” She kept shouting.

“Oooooooooh!” Shakirah vibrated vigorously shaking those holding her to their core. “Màmà! Ọla yin lọ́ ńjẹ ooo. Ólọ́rún! Ọ́rún o báa ti sọ́kálẹ̀!” Shakirah ranted. (Oooooooooh! Mama, it’s only because of you ooo. If not, God! Heaven would have fallen!)

“Shakirah, ṣe suru. M’oni ko ṣe suru!” Auntie Funmi pleaded with her. (Shakirah, be patient. I said be patient!). She turned to Ngozi, “You, take Simisola through the back door and leave NOW!”

The equally fear stricken Ngozi hurriedly took the petrified Simsola out through the back door. Immediately Shakirah saw Simisola escaping, her adrenaline level surged, pumping some extra strength to her muscles.

“Ooooooooooooooooooh!” she squealed and vibrated vigorously that the ladies felt the ground vibrated beneath their feet. A container of relaxer that had fallen to the ground during the struggle bore the brunt. Just one kick and it flung across the shop with a deadly force. Everyone ducked. It crashed into a big wall mirror. The mirror shattered into a thousand pieces and the container burst open, spewing its content all over. Shards flew in different directions and the strong smell of the relaxer filled everywhere. One of the shards found Auntie Funmi’s leg and cut deep into it. Blood wasted no time in flowing down her shin.

Auntie Funmi shrilled, holding the leg, “Ye! My leg, my leg ooo.” She flapped her hand in the air. “Shakirah has killed me ooo. My leg.”

Shakirah looked down and saw the blood now flowing on the tiled floor. Her mouth flung ajar and her eyes widened in terror. Her eyelids flickered repeatedly as though she wasn’t seeing clearly. All the aggression vanished in an instant.

“Ah, Auntie!” She dropped down on one knee and held the bleeding leg, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” She turned to one of the new young apprentices, “Hey, you, get the methylated spirit, the cotton wool, and the bandage and stop gawking like that!”

The girl scurried off and returned in no time with the items.

Meanwhile, Simisola and Ngozi escaped through the back door, panting heavily. Ngozi had her high heels in one hand and her handbag in the other while Simisola had a shoe on and the other clutched to her hand. This made her limp as she ran along. Immediately, they ran into the car and sped off.

Unknown to them, two pairs of eyes, concealed behind dark sun shades, watched them from the shadows. They had watched them from the moment they left Dazzles in the morning. As for Simisola, they had watched her even before thenfrom the moment she left her Banana Island home. And now, they still watched them!

Immediately Simisola and Ngozi drove off, the eyes trailed them in a black tinted Toyota Camry car

NB: The book is NOW AVAILABLE on online stores. For those who don't want to wait for each episode to be released, get the book here:

1. OKADABOOKS: https://okadabooks.com/book/about/jewel_from_the_ghetto_2_the_return_of_shakirah/26442

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

Re: Jewel From The Ghetto 2: Return Of Shakirah by JamesKudooski(m): 11:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
EPISODE 11
(CHAPTER SEVEN)

SIMISOLA STEPPED HARD ON the throttle and the car blazed off.

“Oh, my God ... Oh, my God ... Oh, my God!” Her heart thumped against her chest so hard that she feared for her rib cage. “What ... What was that? What got over Shakirah?” She held the steering wheel firmly. Yet her hands trembled.

“Thank God she couldn’t reach you. Only God knows what could have happened.” Ngozi squeezed her eyes tightly and shook her head. “I don’t even want to imagine it.”

“But why would she want to do that?” The road merged into a highway way. Simisola hit the highway and fired the engine some more. “I did her no wrong, you know.”

“I think she believes you were responsible for her going to prison.”

“But that’s ridiculous!” Simisola shrilled. “How could she think like that? I should be the one mad at her and Nicole for what they did to me and not the other way round.”

“Well, that’s if you are talking of someone in her right senses.” Ngozi shrugged.

Soon, they were speeding inbound the Third Mainland Bridge. They could now breath fine. They were miles away from Shakirah’s threat but the black Toyota Camry was only a few cars behind them. Yet they suspected nothing.

“Did you see her eyes? Ewww!” Ngozi cringed at the thought of it. “It was the devil’s eyes!”

“Omo Ibo! Ah! Have you seen the devil before?”

“But did you see those eyes?”

“Yes, I did. And I must confess, they scared the hell out of me.” Simisola shivered. “Even now, merely talking about them sends cold shivers down my nerves.”

Simisola looked at the rear view mirror but saw nothing suspicious. Their trailers were masters at concealing their presence. Her eyes came down to the dashboard and horror filled them at once.

“Oh! Ngozi ... Ngozi ... Ngozi ...” Her voice trembled. Her hands quaked. Goosebumps infested her skin.

“Simisola, what?!” Ngozi became immediately apprehensive. She knew something bad had happened or was about to happen.

“The dashboard!”

“What about the dashboard, Simi?!”

“The brake indicator is flashing and the pedal ... Oh my God ... is losing pressure.”

“And?” Ngozi was too terrified to comprehend all of that.

Simisola rammed her leg into the brakes repeatedly but the pedal went flat without the slightest effect on the tyres. She looked down at her leg to be sure she was pressing the right pedal.

“We've lost the brakes!”

The words reverberated in Ngozi’s ears. “Chinekeme ooo!” she yelled in Ibo language (My God!). Her eyes flew to the speedometer. It was hovering on the 110 KMPH mark but the car seemed to be flying.

Suddenly, all the vehicles in front of them seemed to be slowing down while theirs seemed to be accelerating towards them dangerously. Simisola panicked more.

“Simisola, do something! Ehhh! Chineke help, biko.” Ngozi panicked. Sweats covered her body. Her clothes gummed to it. She clung to the grab handle.

“I’m trying, Omo Ibo. I’m trying!” Cold sweats started dropping from Simisola’s brow and splashing off the steering wheel.

Ewo ooo! Chineke, is this how we are going to die? Just like that? Like chickens?”

“SHUT UP, Ngozi!”

Simisola stepped hard on the brakes again but there was no result. She looked at Ngozi, the dashboard, her leg that was still engaging the brakes, and back up at the windscreen—all in quick succession. That was when she saw that the Honda CRV that was far ahead of them minutes ago was now a short distance away. And the car seemed to be rushing back at them.

Impulsively, her hand reached for the hand brake but stopped midway. ‘That’s isn’t the right thing to do,’ something told her. She slammed on the horn and it honked out loud nonstop. But the driver rather saw the honking as an unnecessary disturbance instead of a danger alert.

Ngozi waved her hand frantically. “Get out of the way. Biko (please), get out of the way. Bikonu.”

The diamond-shaped yellow sticker at the back of the CRV grew bigger and the black inscription became clearer. Simisolas terror intensified.

“Oh, no. This is not good!”

Ngozi saw it too. “God! Baby on Board?!”

At the last minute, Simisola swerved and missed the CRV by the whiskers. The car veered into the next lane unannounced but was chased back by an ear-splitting sound of screeching tyres from a taxi on the lane, accompanied by a boisterous honking of the horn. “Olori búrùkú! Àlákóbà! Aṣiwéré! the taxi driver didn’t forget to hard a handful of insults and curses.

Simisola lost control and the car careered off in the direction of the culvert.

Ngozi’s mouth ran loose again, “This is it. Simisola, this is it ooo. Chineke, here we come!” Her hand still clung to the grab handle and her legs stretched out in a stiff posture. The seat belt pinned her to the seat.

Simisola’s mouth found no words. She could only watch as every other thing stood still. She could do nothing more. She had tried her best already. All she could now do was to hold on to the steering wheel, closed her eyes, dropped her head, and wait for the worst to happen. Tears trickled down her cheeks slowly.

All that happened next happened too fast.

Àdùkẹ́!
...My Story, My World.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka And Nneka Ekechukwu's Wedding In Atlanta (Photos) / Online Publishing/Blogging Course And Certification / You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.