Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (40300 Views)

Sunday Kayode: Maths Should Be Taught In Nigerian Languages / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Businessideas: 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
mykelswa:
That if you dont know book you will never make it in life and you'll be a beggar
Honestly, how many people have you seen to have made it in life,as in really made it o, without education? Even countries that don't have sound educational system have failed let alone individuals. Education is key.
Anyone who tells you that you can make it in life with education loves you. The failure of people to apply their education is their personal failure not that of the school.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
Then why are you posting your messages against God, why must people believe you that God doesn't exist, which you are not sure yourself. I'm only concerned about those innocent believers reading your post, you might destroy someone's hereafter with it.
dont u also get concerned about those innocent atheists reading religious posts on a public forum?
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by babasolution: 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
SIRTee15:
I just don't know, its like the black man cant just connect and understand his immediate environment.....
I want to believe that's the genesis of our problems...
Innovation start from within....

the blackman has hardly ever had time to relax and understand his environment for a long time,people dnt knw the extent of damage of slavery and colonism,even indians suffer such fates as well as many other places,the whites were exposed technology and higher ways in many ways way before blacks and the used it to devastate us,we havent really recovered till now
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
lalasticlala was taught that snake is dangerous but he later realized that snake is delicious. Lala I lie?

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by mykelswa(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2019
Businessideas:

Honestly, how many people have you seen to have made it in life,as in really made it o, without education? Even countries that don't have sound educational system have failed let alone individuals. Education is key.
Anyone who tells you that you can make it in life with education loves you. The failure of people to apply their education is their personal failure not that of the school.

Professor am not sure u sef know book. I didnt say if u dont go to school. School teaches alot not only book. Change ur way of reasoning abeg. U must have an education but that doesn't mean if youre not first tru out u wont make it. Understand me before u jump upandan
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2019
Larryfest:
That Nigeria will be better...

Better, yes cus it can be better than what it is now but great, I no gree
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Businessideas: 4:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
mykelswa:

Professor am not sure u sef know book. I didnt say if u dont go to school. School teaches alot not only book. Change ur way of reasoning abeg. U must have an education but that doesn't mean if youre not first tru out u wont make it. Understand me before u jump upandan
I am sure you have enough time to insult people online and I wish you good luck. This is the lot we have to put up with with you young ones.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ElsonMorali: 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
advocate666:

you are just showing the limit of your intelligence.

I would have thought that the person who believes that an intelligent life can evolve from a non-intelligent life is the one with limited intelligence here...
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
u know nothin abt dis. It isnt a must dat a son of a herbalist bcom 1. There are millions of herbalist sons who have dumped or do not believe in their fathers' professions could be due to civilization or exposure. so if one over kills he becoms richer like Bill Gates? What a logic! If this ur logic was true do u know how many people yahoo boys for kill?guy it seems u dont know how many people politicains kill evryday and are not caught. Do u have a proof that money ritual works? I dont think u do. Same way u dont have a proof dat god is real.
when we talk about believe, it's believed that when an herbalist son doesn't inherit his father profession, he would be punish, it's nowadays that traditional religion is now fading, u see people call their father herbalists but they are not one. The more the sacrifice one make to one's god in the traditional religion the more the god rewards the person, yahoo boys kills, stop talking as if all yahoo boys are working together, no single yahoo boy can boost that he has killed 100 people. Even 100 is too small for one to be rich like Bill gate. And people that had died in the hands of a single politician, can't be upton 0.000001% of our population. You asked if I have proof if ritual works, you believe yahoo boys and politicians do kill for ritual, you know a supreme being is behind it, we are Africans not Americans, most of them if not all of them know about this pant theft, body part harvesting, money ritual, that some people were even caught in Ogun, soka, Ibadan, lagos, Ilorin. Stop deceiving yourself as if you are not an African, you are even a Nigerian sef, where all this are common. All I want atheist to know a supreme being exists, God exists, God forbid, I'm not an Herbalist/ ritualist nor am I a Yahoo boy. I'm sure we all know how they operate, they can't be killing innocent lives like that to catch fun. Nigerian Atheist, God exists, Witches exist, wizards exists, spirit, and spiritual power exists.
If you are a non African, I can't argue with you please.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by advocate666: 4:50pm On Mar 05, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I would have thought that the person who believes that an intelligent life can evolve from a non-intelligent life is the one with limited intelligence here...

intelligence has nothing to do with beliefs.

Study diligently and gain knowledge. Do not believe. Know.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ElsonMorali: 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2019
advocate666:

intelligence has nothing to do with beliefs.

Study diligently and gain knowledge. Do not believe. Know.

And what knowledge do you possess that suggests or proves beyond every reasonable doubt the fact that intelligent life can and did evolve from unintelligent life form?
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by DammyGbade(m): 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
That Igbo people are from the Eastern part of Nigeria... I later realised that they are Zionists from Israel. grin
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
dont u also get concerned about those innocent atheists reading religious posts on a public forum?
yes of courses, even though they read it, that wouldn't change them, most of you Guys might not even know the meaning of atheism, if you are an atheist, your believe that there is No any spiritual power, I wonder how a Nigerian would believe that, You believe that after you die, you just rot in the soil, or if you kill someone nothing is out there to question you. Wo, just continue being an atheist. so it won't be that I'm forcing you, I'm not a prophet anyway. We will all die, and we will see it ourselves.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2019
mykelswa:
That if you dont know book you will never make it in life and you'll be a beggar

Professor am not sure u sef know book. I didnt say if u dont go to school. School teaches alot not only book. Change ur way of reasoning abeg. U must have an education but that doesn't mean if youre not first tru out u wont make it. Understand me before u jump upandan.

I know people that really made it without education and also those with primary school cert that are doing great now. Education is key tho but some still make it outside school

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by masseratti: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
gregyboy:
That lions are the king of the jungle.. Meanwhile lions never stay in a jugle but a grassland and tiger is more stronger than a lion
totally wrong, both cats av had duels nd none won completely, lions do stay in variety of habitat, jungle(forest) , grasslands and mountains. Lion to Africa while tiger to Asia.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by masseratti: 5:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
ThothHermes:
That the cheetah is the fastest animal in the world. Na small pikin clear me later later.

Peregrine Falcon
on land
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by gregyboy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
masseratti:
totally wrong, both cats av had duels nd none won completely, lions do stay in variety of habitat, jungle(forest) , grasslands and mountains. Lion to Africa while tiger to Asia.

Tigers are stronger than lions get your fact right

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by KingWarri: 5:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
mykelswa:

Professor am not sure u sef know book. I didnt say if u dont go to school. School teaches alot not only book. Change ur way of reasoning abeg. U must have an education but that doesn't mean if youre not first tru out u wont make it. Understand me before u jump upandan.

I completely agree with you... going to school doesn't guarantee sound education especially higher institution... there are alot of ways one can learn more better and make more money this days...

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Let me BUTTRESS further.
If it were the WHITE MEN that are in charge of tapping PALMWINE from Palm Trees by now we would have seen a MECHANIZED TAPPING SYSTEM.

U can imagine that after all these YEARS of Turmoil, no BLACK MAN has ever come up with a pulley system to enable people tap PALMWINE.

OLD MEN still use ROPES, suffering and exposing themselves to SPINAL CORD injuries and Paralysis.
Most Men in the VILLAGES are Bedridden today because of such falls.

Ayaaa!
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by KingWarri: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
gregyboy:

Nooope..... just google it.... lions way stronger than tiger.... tiger always avoid being together with lions...
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by thewordworks: 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
I know, but if you carry out your survey on those unemployed, those that graduated with third class, pass, or someone that stopped his education at secondary school or Diploma are the ones shouting online. I said MOST hardworking people who strived and had good grades like first class will surely get a decent job.
so all the unemployed in Nigeria have third class and ur yardstick for conclusion is poor......
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by KingWarri: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
clive2u:
education is the key but the yeye teacher didnt mention yahoo yahoo

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by mrZENographer: 5:31pm On Mar 05, 2019
1) That humans evolved from plant to amphibians to homo sapien.

2) That dinasaurs got extinct 15 millions years before humans. (Yet, in early 1990s, lots of fresh dinosaur bones and fresh decaying were found)

3) Stone or bronze age. Truth is so much knowledge has been lost. Stonehenge, laser technology etc

4) No one thought us that there were Giants on Earth. But archeology confirms it. Why are they hiding it from our textbooks?

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Frankiss44(m): 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2019
OkaNaUbe:
That everything that goes up must come down.

Not true.

Which school you go when teach you that? You nor ask your teacher whether her age dey go down?

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
why not, most people who strives and work hard during their days in school, come out with good grades are usually successful.

Then you need to meet my friend brother and also Mr show then u will know how things really work in naija.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by masseratti: 5:36pm On Mar 05, 2019
gregyboy:

oh sorry, I forgot we have lions on the Arabian peninsula and North West India,but most times their fights ends in draw.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Frankiss44(m): 5:39pm On Mar 05, 2019
Uglymugg:

Wow. Is this true?

Not proven to be true.. The two beast barely meet.. Lions are seen in Africa while tiger are seen in Asia .. And there is normally no clear winner anytime they fight
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Whizzahd(m): 5:47pm On Mar 05, 2019
Martinez39:
That gravity is a force where as, it just the result of the curving of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.

That result is the force na otherwise it won't be called gravitational force
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by OnyesomJ(m): 5:52pm On Mar 05, 2019
When I was a child I was told Holy Communion is (Fish and Bread),
But later found out the Truth
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Martinez19(m): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
Whizzahd:

That result is the force na otherwise it won't be called gravitational force
I agree. I take back my earlier post. smiley
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by musicwriter(m): 5:55pm On Mar 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Let me BUTTRESS further.
If it were the WHITE MEN that are in charge of tapping PALMWINE from Palm Trees by now we would have seen a MECHANIZED TAPPING SYSTEM.

U can imagine that after all these YEARS of Turmoil, no BLACK MAN has ever come up with a pulley system to enable people tap PALMWINE.

OLD MEN still use ROPES, suffering and exposing themselves to SPINAL CORD injuries and Paralysis.
Most Men in the VILLAGES are Bedridden today because of such falls.

Bro, this's a good observation I must say, and this's the type of thing that interest me. The answer may be complicated but I'll try as much as I can.

Once upon a time, everybody everywhere on earth processed farm produce with bare hands. Before the 18th century, even Europeans (white people) had no mechanized factory systems. But something happened in Europe in the 17th century- they dropped God as an interferer in human affairs and they embraced science as a way of life. This was a period they call the renaissance or enlightenment period. Europeans as a people began thinking SCIENCE!.

By that time, slavery was raging high as white people became greedier and greedier.

Industrial mechanization as we know it today, began when the slaves in America and Caribbeans began producing more raw materials (cotton, tobacco, sugar, etc) than could be processed by hands. Under pressure, the investors in slavery began inventing ways to process them with machines, else the produce would perish. This ushered them into what they call the industrial revolution, which began in Britain. It had to begin there because they were the greediest and had more raw materials than others.

That RENAISSANCE and INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION are a natural developmental curve that any society must complete in order to develop industrially. It was like a movement and it got spread to other European countries and the rest of the FREE world at that time. So within that period advances were made in physics, chemistry, biology and other sciences. Cars were built, trains built, airplane invented, ships built. But sadly in Africa, we were fully cut out of human development as we were slaves not even considered human. We lost that age of human development!.

What's worse? The Europeans have shutdown the mechanism for that scientific quest because they imposed a system of education they created, which have us depend on them for knowledge about the same science. There's no way for us to build that machine today because there're no groundbreaking scientific knowledge acquisition occurring in our native languages in those villages. We have been placed in a situation where we must wait for them to invent that palm wine tapping machine.

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by advocate666: 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
ElsonMorali:

And what knowledge do you possess that suggests or proves beyond every reasonable doubt the fact that intelligent life can and did evolve from unintelligent life form?

I never said that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jambites: Post Your UME Results Here! / DSS Beats Up Teachers In Calabar For Flogging A Student (Photos) / 10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59