Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (40288 Views)

Sunday Kayode: Maths Should Be Taught In Nigerian Languages / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ElsonMorali: 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
advocate666:

I never said that.

So what exactly are you saying? undecided
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
yes of courses, even though they read it, that wouldn't change them, most of you Guys might not even know the meaning of atheism, if you are an atheist, your believe that there is No any spiritual power, I wonder how a Nigerian would believe that, You believe that after you die, you just rot in the soil, or if you kill someone nothing is out there to question you. Wo, just continue being an atheist. so it won't be that I'm forcing you, I'm not a prophet anyway. We will all die, and we will see it ourselves.
u belive that what an atheist post on public forum might destroy or change the innocent theists but u dont belive dat what theists post on public forum might destroy or change innocent atheists..

Wow! Clap for urself
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
ericmor:

Then you need to meet my friend brother and also Mr show then u will know how things really work in naija.
That's y I said "most" Let me say 75% of those who graduated with first class or second class upper have a good/well paying job and are living above the normal standard of living. While just 25% of non educated people/Dullards with bad results are living a good live, with well a paying occupation. So, educated people have more advantage of making it in live than illiterates

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Halo22: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
That is true nah. The sun is always stationary, it appears to be moving due to rotation of the earth.
sureteeboy:
In all those science classes in primary and secondary school, we were taught that the Sun is stationary while all the planets revolve around it. Later discovered it's bullshiit.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
thewordworks:
so all the unemployed in Nigeria have third class and ur yardstick for conclusion is poor......
Not All, someone with third class or pass degree have lesser probability of making it in life compare to a first class/ second class upper graduate
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Lymasaba(m): 6:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
Kingjames:
...that one of the ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE of mosquito is that, it causes MALARIA!

and I began to wonder what is the economic value of one suffering from malaria

mtchew
This could be rt for giant pharmaceutical industries owned by white men who doesn't have mosquitoes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 6:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
mykelswa:

Professor am not sure u sef know book. I didnt say if u dont go to school. School teaches alot not only book. Change ur way of reasoning abeg. U must have an education but that doesn't mean if youre not first tru out u wont make it. Understand me before u jump upandan

You can be educated in different ways, not till you go to school. You don't have to go to school to make it in life. Know some people that didn't go to school but are successful in life and knows some one that just graduated from school bcs of political ambition but was a primary school drop out and latter made it by picking up trash, selling iron and also sell weed before going into sport bet and now get over a million weekly as an agent.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
Not All, someone with third class or pass degree have lesser probability of making it in life compare to a first class/ second class upper graduate

Lies and your believe
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by excel101(m): 6:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
we were thought in school that the patient dog eats the fattest bone. It is not practicable here in Naija.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Mbenny(m): 6:17pm On Mar 05, 2019
we are the leaders of tomorrow
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Lymasaba(m): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
molybdenum0012:
BODMAS

Then we were taught it means: Bracket of Division Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction.

Now, as I learn further, got to know it means:

Bracket, Order, Division, Multiplication and Addition.

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria

Its others ( like log, ln ,square root)
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by advocate666: 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2019
ElsonMorali:

So what exactly are you saying? undecided

Stop believing. Start learning.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
that the no living things can survive on Mars...

that you must be the best in your class to be successful

that a first class graduae will automatically get a job after school...
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 6:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
That's y I said "most" Let me say 75% of those who graduated with first class or second class upper have a good/well paying job and are living above the normal standard of living. While just 25% of non educated people/Dullards with bad results are living a good live, with well a paying occupation. So, educated people have more advantage of making it in live than illiterates

Yes, educated people have more opportunity of making it in life but if anybody tell u that u can't make it if u don't go to school is a lie
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
u belive that what an atheist post on public forum might destroy or change the innocent theists but u dont belive dat what theists post on public forum might destroy or change innocent atheists..

Wow! Clap for urself
LOL, I know you read my previous messages. Most Nigerian Atheist doubts if truly or not they are on the right track. Better re-read my previous message again. And reply them, showing me why I'm wrong, telling me that the just still pants for fun, the just kill human being just for then to eat their meat, that those yahoo boy harvest human part just because they feel like doing it, for no reason. That there are no supreme beings somewhere/everywhere watching us. And accepting those wicked people sacrifice in exchange of wealth. Hope you are a Nigerian, because most people of other countries might not know about all this
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
ericmor:

Yes, educated people have more opportunity of making it in life but if anybody tell u that u can't make it if u don't go to school is a lie
sure bro, but the best is for one to be well educated, especially nowadays where one need qualifications and licenses for one to get contracts and job.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by TeeZinnas: 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
"Okeke" has a plot in the moon

My yansh clapped!
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 05, 2019
ericmor:

Lies and your believe
so, you are say it's better to graduate with pass or 3rd class degree, because i will be more successful with it. Keep your believe to yourself
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 6:27pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
when we talk about believe, it's believed that when an herbalist son doesn't inherit his father profession, he would be punish, it's nowadays that traditional religion is now fading, u see people call their father herbalists but they are not one. The more the sacrifice one make to one's god in the traditional religion the more the god rewards the person, yahoo boys kills, stop talking as if all yahoo boys are working together, no single yahoo boy can boost that he has killed 100 people. Even 100 is too small for one to be rich like Bill gate. And people that had died in the hands of a single politician, can't be upton 0.000001% of our population. You asked if I have proof if ritual works, you believe yahoo boys and politicians do kill for ritual, you know a supreme being is behind it, we are Africans not Americans, most of them if not all of them know about this pant theft, body part harvesting, money ritual, that some people were even caught in Ogun, soka, Ibadan, lagos, Ilorin. Stop deceiving yourself as if you are not an African, you are even a Nigerian sef, where all this are common. All I want atheist to know a supreme being exists, God exists, God forbid, I'm not an Herbalist/ ritualist nor am I a Yahoo boy. I'm sure we all know how they operate, they can't be killing innocent lives like that to catch fun. Nigerian Atheist, God exists, Witches exist, wizards exists, spirit, and spiritual power exists.
If you are a non African, I can't argue with you please.
Is either u are into it or u were into it to know that it takes more than a hundred kill to get rich like Gates.

Why do people do money rituals? To get rich.

Why has none be richer than Gates? Becus they havnt killed much peolpe.

Why havnt they killed much people? Bcus they dont want to get caught.

If the were not caught when the killed little, why will d get caught when they kill much?

Waiting for ur answer on that.

I belived politicians and yahoo boys killed bcus i have seen. But i dont belive dat shit works for them bcus i haven seen and it hasnt been proven.. We scinceists believe in facts and envidence.

I dont belive in witcraft, mammywater, spirit, jaz etc bcus it havnt been proven to be real.

I remember when I was little there was a girl in my compound that was acussed of witcraft. She confessed she is a witch and has killed people, tied their destinies and make some useless in life.

I knelt down and begged dis girl to kill me, take me to their coven, useless my life. Uptil today i havnt seen any sign from that. So my dear frnd all those tins are craps.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by sulakishop(m): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
I was told that we are the leaders of tomorrow
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Organs(m): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2019
Billionaire09:
My Nigerian teachers lied to me that God created this zoo called Nigeria, until Lord Mazi Nnamdi Kanu came to exposing how few British terrorist led by one idiot Nigerians called him lord lugard that created Nigeria.

Below is a British terrorist the lord of zombies Nigerians.

If you had listened to your teacher then, you would not be a slave to Nnamdi Kanu and his lies today. By the way, he is somewhere smiling and spending the money he made from enslaving you while you are on NL complaining suffering and smiling.!!
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ericmor: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
so, you are say it's better to graduate with pass or 3rd class degree, because i will be more successful with it. Keep your believe to yourself

Don't confuse yourself. Don't say people with that grade have less opportunity to success. That is ignorant
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
LOL, I know you read my previous messages. Most Nigerian Atheist doubts if truly or not they are on the right track. Better re-read my previous message again. And reply them, showing me why I'm wrong, telling me that the just still pants for fun, the just kill human being just for then to eat their meat, that those yahoo boy harvest human part just because they feel like doing it, for no reason. That there are no supreme beings somewhere/everywhere watching us. And accepting those wicked people sacrifice in exchange of wealth. Hope you are a Nigerian, because most people of other countries might not know about all this

so u really belive that one can make money from pants.? How? Apart from selling pants how else can u make money from it?

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by zealadjay(m): 6:38pm On Mar 05, 2019
That, "The labour of our Hero's past shall Neva be in vain
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by arrestdarrester: 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
femi4:
O is of..yes
Earth is spherical ..yes

O is Orders e.g. x²
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by arrestdarrester: 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2019
Lymasaba:

Its others ( like log, ln ,square root)

Orders you meant to say
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by femi4: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
arrestdarrester:

O is Orders e.g. x²
before you argue read subsequent posts
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex being a theist does not mean u should be stupidd. It doesn't mean u should lack common sense of reasoning. It doesnt mean u should believe everytin because u are a believer. How on earth can u explain that a human being vomits money 'paper' in d name of ritual?
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GoldHorse(m): 6:48pm On Mar 05, 2019
That the earth is a globe.

The earth is flat.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
so u really belive that one can make money from pants.? How? Apart from selling pants how else can u make money from it?
so, those people stealing pant, are stealing for due to their wives of mother's lack of pant, and those yahoo boys and politicians you said kills people, the kill to fill their pot with meat or to do meatpie. And those people harvesting human breast, they are doing it to breast feed motherless babies and those people harvesting penis, just to use it to impregnate their wives isn't it. Alright. Something that their videos is on youtube, confessing how they use them for ritual before people kill them, if you are a Yoruba, you can ask for ajale and soka from in film shops, and listen to the confession yourself. The last thing you will tell me is that all of them were lying, they used the human parts for kilishi and suya.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by gifty99200(f): 6:54pm On Mar 05, 2019
That we are the leaders of tomorrow but our fore fathers are still leading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Imo State University (IMSU) 2012/2013 Admissions & Post Ume Thread / Folafoluwa Oginni Graduates From Heterfordshire University With 5.0 CGPA / Jambites: Post Your UME Results Here!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66