Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,558 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (40269 Views)

Sunday Kayode: Maths Should Be Taught In Nigerian Languages / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Jason007: 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
We are the leaders of tomorrow
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by jaymee0(m): 3:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
X+Y =0
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by seunmohmoh(f): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2019
we are the leaders of tomorrow.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by darlenese(f): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2019
children are the leaders of tomorrow

I was taught that lie 30 something years ago

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by SIRTee15: 3:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Let me BUTTRESS further.
If it were the WHITE MEN that are in charge of tapping PALMWINE from Palm Trees by now we would have seen a MECHANIZED TAPPING SYSTEM.

U can imagine that after all these YEARS of Turmoil, no BLACK MAN has ever come up with a pulley system to enable people tap PALMWINE.

OLD MEN still use ROPES, suffering and exposing themselves to SPINAL CORD injuries and Paralysis.
Most Men in the VILLAGES are Bedridden today because of such falls.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
This is epic....
food for thought

5 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by DMerciful(m): 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
It's a force whether as a result of space-time curvature or bending, it's still a force. I too know dey worry you!
Martinez39:
That gravity is a force where as, it just the result of the curving of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by SIRTee15: 3:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
I just don't know, its like the black man cant just connect and understand his immediate environment.....
I want to believe that's the genesis of our problems...
Innovation start from within....

5 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by molybdenum0012: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2019
BODMAS

Then we were taught it means: Bracket of Division Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction.

Now, as I learn further, got to know it means:

Bracket, Order, Division, Multiplication and Addition.

Meanwhile

Is your child struggling with school work? Do you need a personalized in-home or online tutor to help improve your grade in school?

Check my signature below and book a tutor anywhere in Nigeria
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Billionaire09: 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
My Nigerian teachers lied to me that God created this zoo called Nigeria, until Lord Mazi Nnamdi Kanu came to exposing how few British terrorist led by one idiot Nigerians called him lord lugard that created Nigeria.

Below is a British terrorist the lord of zombies Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Dkingsleyguy(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2019
That back here in Nigeria we are the leaders of tomorrow....I still find it hard to believe
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by igwefivestar(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
My government teacher taught me that:

1. If you are a public office holder (governor/president), your wife is not expected to be pregnant throughout your stay in office.

2. You can't contest for public office while you are occupying a public office. You must resign first before being qualified to contest. For example if you are a president and wants to contest for second term you must resign first. You can't stay in the office and contest.
that Edet live in calabar, I didn't see Edet when I go to calabar grin

4 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ClearFlair: 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2019
Henrodah:
My Biology teacher said hiv aids was contracted by allied forces in the jungle of the Pacific theatre, because they didn't see any women to have sex with, so they gang raped female Gorillas..... Smh No wonder he smoked alot then and banged our gals . Mr Lanre you no try at all.
As a World war 2 avid reader , I just tire much.

Your teacher is crazy

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Talknochip(m): 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2019
I was taught that to be an engineer, you must study and Pass Physics and Chemistry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Unity19(m): 3:10pm On Mar 05, 2019
femi4:
O is of..yes
Earth is spherical ..yes

No, O is "Order" and not "Of"

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by advocate666: 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
Abcruz:

Hear the word of the Sovereign LORD o simple one:

Does a clay pot dare argue with its maker, a pot that is like all the others?
Does the clay ask the potter what he is doing?
Does the pot complain that its maker has no skill?--Isaiah 45:9

I have made everything; that's how it all came to be. I, the LORD, have spoken.--Isaiah 66:2

yeye. no one believes that bull shit anymore.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Martinez39(m): 3:11pm On Mar 05, 2019
DMerciful:
It's a force whether as a result of space-time curvature or bending, it's still a force. I too know dey worry you!
Lol. I don't have the time to start arguing.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by frank317: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2019
The bible is the word of God... Reading the shiiit now, Is God a mental patient?
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by FortuneDeGreat(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
That the Fulanis are cattle rearers and how to commonly identify them is that they carry long sticks. I now know better, automatic riffle

3 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Unity19(m): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2019
lordbeans:

Why are the last two not true?

Mercury is not the hottest planet but Venus.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-hottest-and-coldest-planets-of-our-solar-system.html

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by advocate666: 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2019
That Mungo Park discovered river Niger.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Billionaire09: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2019
Dkingsleyguy:
That back here in Nigeria we are the leaders of tomorrow....I still find it hard to believe

Nigeria lied to you.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Resurreccion(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
radiokilla:
My brother it is my nursery school o. 26 years ago this people taught me "janglover ekene motor". I only got to know it was "jingle over like a motor last year".

Another one is that nursery rhyme I was always singing back then: 'my baby is a good boy iya iya o". Mehn that shit is IEIEO. I need a refund from that school.

This one weak me ooooo
No be only you my brother, My younger brother corrected me last week
If I catch my Primary School Teacher ehn...

2 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2019
advocate666:

yeye. no one believes that bull shit anymore.
I wonder why a Nigerian/African be an atheist. American, we understand most of them if not all might not have seen or believe in ghosts, spirits, spiritual charms, powerful Herbalists, the way pant stealing have been rampant just for ritual, ritualist harvesting human parts for money ritual, real miracle by religious scholars and many more. We Nigerian/African must have seen atleast one of this, on social media or real life or have Been told about it. Why will someone say NO supreme being exists, No god, godess, God. If you are a Nigerian especially and still claim to be an atheist, you are just ignorant, tired of the restrictions of religion (i.e you want to be free) or you are deceiving yourself, period.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by athaliya(f): 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
The earth is a globe
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by lexy2014: 3:20pm On Mar 05, 2019
Larryfest:
That Nigeria will be better...

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by advocate666: 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2019
Nurrex:
I wonder why a Nigerian/African be an atheist. American, we understand most of them if not all might not have seen or believe in ghosts, spirits, spiritual charms, powerful Herbalists, the way pant stealing have been rampant just for ritual, ritualist harvesting human parts for money ritual, real miracle by religious scholars and many more. We Nigerian/African must have seen atleast one of this, on social media or real life or have Been told about it. Why will someone say NO supreme being exists, No god, godess, God. If you are a Nigerian especially and still claim to be an atheist, you are just ignorant, tired of the restrictions of religion (i.e you want to be free) or you are deceiving yourself, period.

you are just showing the limit of your intelligence.

4 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by thewordworks: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
Get good grades and get good jobs

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 3:22pm On Mar 05, 2019
igwefivestar:
that Edet live in calabar, I didn't see Edet when I go to calabar grin
He is eight years old. Evry monring he goes to sxhool. In the afternoon he stays at home. Bro Edet is still living in Calabar. Yr teacher wasnt wrong

3 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by omoteacher(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

To use " X or Y" to find missing money. Try this as a banker, kirikiri maximum prison is your home.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ashawopikin(m): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2019
We were taught that we are the l leaders of tomorrow, which is not true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My Sojourn Of 4 Years In Obafemi Awolowo University: Signing Out Pictures' / FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure / Jambites: Post Your UME Results Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.