Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (40310 Views)

Sunday Kayode: Maths Should Be Taught In Nigerian Languages / 11 Brand New Courses To Be Taught In South African Universities / List Of School That Have Released Post UTME Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 1:13am On Mar 05, 2019
uckennety:
As I child I learnt that Nigeria has a lot of mineral resources coal, tin, columbite,lime stone e. T. C

But the reality is that Nigeria has only n uses crude oil!

Nigeria has those resources just that we focused more on crude.

Ur teacher wasnt lying.

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by noblemind(m): 3:00am On Mar 05, 2019
My useless teachers said we were going to be leaders of tomorrow. It's all lies I shld have known better

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by lordbeans(m): 4:56am On Mar 05, 2019
cutegentility:
BODMAS that O is of
That Mississippi is the longest river
That we had nine planet
That Pluto is a planet
That earth is spherical
That mercury is the hottest planet

That's all

Why are the last two not true?

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 5:57am On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Nigeria has those resources just that we focused more on crude.

Ur teacher wasnt lying.

What's the need of having cloths but wearing only one

2 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by femi4: 6:19am On Mar 05, 2019
cutegentility:
BODMAS that O is of
That Mississippi is the longest river
That we had nine planet
That Pluto is a planet
That earth is spherical
That mercury is the hottest planet

That's all

O is of..yes
Earth is spherical ..yes

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 6:40am On Mar 05, 2019
uckennety:

What's the need of having cloths but wearing only one
yeah, some people are like that. The have clothes but like wearing one. That doesnt mean d dont have
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 6:51am On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
yeah, some people are like that. The have clothes but like wearing one. That doesnt mean d dont have

Abeg nobody is like that

2 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
My government teacher taught me that:

1. If you are a public office holder (governor/president), your wife is not expected to be pregnant throughout your stay in office.

2. You can't contest for public office while you are occupying a public office. You must resign first before being qualified to contest. For example if you are a president and wants to contest for second term you must resign first. You can't stay in the office and contest.
Taught us that the BLACKS are better than the WHITES.
How, please...?
They kept telling us that it’s because of the OPPORTUNITIES the whites were exposed to..
PLEASE who created these opportunities for the Whites in their lands...
Was it God...or themselves...??

Lazy Continent
Even Copy and Paste we no sabi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by lereinter(m): 7:43am On Mar 05, 2019
JohnFrankling:
I was taught that the citizens have the right to chose their leaders in a democratic government. In Nigeria the leaders impose themselves on us.

in Africa

4 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ChiefAzubuike(f): 8:01am On Mar 05, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Taught us that the BLACKS are better than the WHITES.
How, please...?
They kept telling us that it’s because of the OPPORTUNITIES the whites were exposed to..
PLEASE who created these opportunities for the Whites in their lands...
Was it God...or themselves...??

Lazy Continent
Even Copy and Paste we no sabi
Lol... Africans especially Nigerians are used to saying such.. If a Nigerian goes to an american university and graduate with first class, you go see as social media go go ablaze saying shìts like we are more intelligent than them when in reality , hundreds of students must have graduated with first class from that same university from different continents and countries around the world. Better than the whites my foot. Even ordinary football wey na rigorous sports that the everyly energetic Africans should conquer na these same whites still dey top us. Without them the world would have been nothing even the phone I deybuse type na them bring the idea yet no African has ever created any tech that will benefit the world. All we do is recycle recycle and recycle. I be black man but sometimes you can't just blame the whites for calling us monkeys.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by DorianD(m): 8:30am On Mar 05, 2019
my PHE master once said, if during a football match,another ball goes into the pitch then stadium would be shut for life.
He also claimed, a slap on someone with eyeglasses on in the face of the law is tantamount to a life in prison

2 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Henrodah(m): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2019
[quote author=omohz post=76356105][/quote]
Let's form a thread for ww2 readers! What do you think?
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 8:46am On Mar 05, 2019
uckennety:

Abeg nobody is like that
I hav three frnds who are like that. One has mutiple shoes but u will always see him wearing one. One his is shirt. One particular shirt and he is easily identify with the shirt. Funny enough his mom owns a unisex clothes store.
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by uckennety(m): 9:32am On Mar 05, 2019
GreatResearcher:
I hav three frnds who are like that. One has mutiple shoes but u will always see him wearing one. One his is shirt. One particular shirt and he is easily identify with the shirt. Funny enough his mom owns a unisex clothes store.

OK after over using it! He will patch it abi
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2019
My brother it is my nursery school o. 26 years ago this people taught me "janglover ekene motor". I only got to know it was "jingle over like a motor last year".

Another one is that nursery rhyme I was always singing back then: 'my baby is a good boy iya iya o". Mehn that shit is IEIEO. I need a refund from that school.

8 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by blingxx(m): 9:36am On Mar 05, 2019
mytime24:
That wat goes up must surely com down angry

Bt since foodstuff go up for dis regime e neva com down tongue

#2 development started in Africa, hmm
but left Africa and never returned to Africa..

"What goes up must surely come down" your teacher was talking about law of gravity.. Not law of inflation grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by GreatResearcher: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2019
Did u know dat some people can use one particular tin very often for months even years and it still looks new while others can use d same tin under a week it looks as if it was bought decades ago? Evrytin is maintenance.

uckennety:

OK after over using it! He will patch it abi
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by meobizy(f): 10:38am On Mar 05, 2019
My physics teacher believed epicanthic folds were a result of the Hiroshima Nagasaki nuclear bomb.
The dummy was too ignorant to read encyclopedias and find out even Mongols had the same feature.

3 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Justbeingreal(m): 11:11am On Mar 05, 2019
angry

That education is the key to success...

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 11:21am On Mar 05, 2019
ChiefAzubuike:

Lol... Africans especially Nigerians are used to saying such.. If a Nigerian goes to an american university and graduate with first class, you go see as social media go go ablaze saying shìts like we are more intelligent than them when in reality , hundreds of students must have graduated with first class from that same university from different continents and countries around the world. Better than the whites my foot. Even ordinary football wey na rigorous sports that the everyly energetic Africans should conquer na these same whites still dey top us. Without them the world would have been nothing even the phone I deybuse type na them bring the idea yet no African has ever created any tech that will benefit the world. All we do is recycle recycle and recycle. I be black man but sometimes you can't just blame the whites for calling us monkeys.
Let me BUTTRESS further.
If it were the WHITE MEN that are in charge of tapping PALMWINE from Palm Trees by now we would have seen a MECHANIZED TAPPING SYSTEM.

U can imagine that after all these YEARS of Turmoil, no BLACK MAN has ever come up with a pulley system to enable people tap PALMWINE.

OLD MEN still use ROPES, suffering and exposing themselves to SPINAL CORD injuries and Paralysis.
Most Men in the VILLAGES are Bedridden today because of such falls.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Kingjames(m): 11:26am On Mar 05, 2019
...that one of the ECONOMIC IMPORTANCE of mosquito is that, it causes MALARIA!
and I began to wonder what is the economic value of one suffering from malaria

mtchew

3 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Feranmi2000: 11:52am On Mar 05, 2019
*BRAND NEW MINI HP DETACHABLE LAPTOP* *85K* FOR SALE!!! DM 08165683795 on WhatsApp
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Auladimeji2: 11:55am On Mar 05, 2019
That India was banned from Football because they used Charm to defeat Nigeria 99-0 cheesycheesycheesycheesy

10 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:01pm On Mar 05, 2019
Larryfest:
That Nigeria will be better...
hmmmmm ,this is so sad, because it will never get any better

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by TumblrGyal(f): 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2019
They are imaginery numbers
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 05, 2019
radiokilla:
My brother it is my nursery school o. 26 years ago this people taught me "janglover ekene motor". I only got to know it was "jingle over like a motor last year".

Another one is that nursery rhyme I was always singing back then: 'my baby is a good boy iya iya o". Mehn that shit is IEIEO. I need a refund from that school.
Same here dear, just knowing d first one now....I'll go claim my refund too

1 Like

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2019
Auladimeji2:
That India was banned from Football because they used Charm to defeat Nigeria 99-0 cheesycheesycheesycheesy
Purest lie of all time grin
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by wiseone28: 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2019
That Atiku was the Messiah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by cutegentility(m): 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2019
Answer:

1.The actual shape of the earth is an oblate spheroid but from space it looks like a perfect sphere.
2. Venus is the hottest planet

lordbeans:

Why are the last two not true?

2 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Obakoolex(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2019
My maths teacher always told me to find X whereas now nah X dey find me upandan grin

2 Likes

Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 05, 2019
Henrodah:

Let's form a thread for ww2 readers! What do you think?

Yeah bro, how do we go about it
Re: What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? by Icon79(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2019
The theory of evolution!

O pari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Things You Didn't Know About Covenant University: World Universities Ranking / Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder / MOUA, Umudike Is The Best School In the East, My Opinion. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.