Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage (957 Views)

Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Date Uk-based Nigerian Women / Reasons Why You Should Date A Petite Girl / 3 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Should Date Feminists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by Jamezafolabi40(m): 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2019
The latest episode of Toke Makinwa’s Toke Moments is now out. The new episode has a straightforward message: “Date Your Wage”.
“Date Your Wage” is a continuation of “Break Up/Make Up” episode which was not rounded off entirely.
She says:

Last week’s Vlog had a lot of people in their feelings��� I’m a mess ��� I know.
All your comments left me in stitches, I have come to the conclusion that it is very important to date within your means. Cinderella’s story is cute but it does not happen to everyone, If people begin to respect their wage and date in their capacity, there will be less insults, unrealistic expectations and more peace ✌️. If you see a lady hustling on her own and trying to make a life for herself, if you can’t bring anything to the table pls leave her alone!!! Too many people making you feel guilty for wanting more out of life.

Watch the Interview here https://www.gistmattaz.com/2019/03/toke-makinwa-discusses-why-you-should.html

Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by edicied: 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2019
Everything with women is about Money, money, money.
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by Jamezafolabi40(m): 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2019
edicied:
Everything with women is about Money, money, money.
like that is the trend for women of today, if it is not money, then it is nothing
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2019
Please don't listen to this idiot that can't keep any relationship. So what happens if your wage increase during dating your wage ? so you should discard the lady abi ? this woman hate women because she failed with relationships. Don't listen to her ooh.

Find compatibility , find character find companion. Don't date wage.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:46pm On Mar 06, 2019
Why y'all angry? kiss
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by ivolt: 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2019
Amakavula:
Please don't listen to this idiot that can't keep any relationship. So what happens if your wage increase during dating your wage ? so you should discard the lady abi ? this woman hate women because she failed with relationships. Don't listen to her ooh.

You are deceiving yourself and others.
Dating outside your wage range is one of the most dangerous relationship gamble.
Because wage range itself already suggest some compatibility in terms of financial behaviour.

Men who date within their wage range will easily avoid gold diggers.
Women also avoid being tagged as proud and disobedient when they date within their wage.

Compatibility does not happen in a vacuum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by NNAMDIII(m): 7:54pm On Mar 06, 2019
I'm tired of Nigerian girls
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by princfred(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2019
Amakavula:

You've earned a follower in me for this comment.
Clearly she wants to render many ladies manless with thesame orientation that rendered her manless.
Thats a beautiful face you've got there.
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by princfred(m): 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2019
ivolt:

You are deceiving yourself and others.
Dating outside your wage range is one of the most dangerous relationship gamble.
Because wage range itself already suggest some compatibility in terms of financial behaviour.

Men who date within their wage range will easily avoid gold diggers.
Women also avoid being tagged as proud and disobedient when they date within their wage.

Compatibility does not happen in a vacuum.

So those guys who date and help dirt poor girls or the ones far below their income bracket are foolish?
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by ivolt: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2019
princfred:
So those guys who date and help dirt poor girls or the ones far below their income bracket are foolish?
It is generally a foolish decision.
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by Preshy561(f): 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2019
People should date for love, compatibility not cos of wage.
Though it's true that love is important, money is importanter. sad embarassed
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by princfred(m): 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
ivolt:

It is generally a foolish decision.
How old are you? So what happens when wage changes or when a partners income goes south since that's what the love depends on?

1 Like

Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by myself13: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2019
NNAMDIII:
I'm tired of Nigerian girls
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by ivolt: 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2019
princfred:
How old are you? So what happens when wage changes or when a partners income goes south since that's what the love depends on?
Older than you.

What lots of you don't know is that earning power or potential earning power isn't
really about money, it is about character and worldview.
For some people in particular wage bracket, I am completely certain that we have little
in common in terms of life outlook and dreams which will eventually cause distrust and rift.
So why waste time and resources?

Wage is one of the predictors of compatibility in the modern world. Take it serious!
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by princfred(m): 2:10am On Mar 07, 2019
ivolt:

Older than you.

What lots of you don't know is that earning power or potential earning power isn't
really about money, it is about character and worldview.
For some people in particular wage bracket, I am completely certain that we have little
in common in terms of life outlook and dreams which will eventually cause distrust and rift.
So why waste time and resources?

Wage is one of the predictors of compatibility in the modern world. Take it serious!
Yet you reason like one who is 15yrs younger.
I asked you what if a spouse/partner losses his job or wage source or goes into a different wage bracket what becomes of the relationship?

I guess you are a lady because that's how a typical selfish oriented Nigerian lady thinks once they start making money not usually when they are dirt poor or broke. This is why many of them cant be humble to a man and destroy their relationship with selfish greediness induced arrogance after making it leaving the man who suffered for them thin and dry such that he lays a curse on them even without saying it out loud. Tell me which man we not run from these ones knowing fully well that their love is based on the weight of his pay check.
And many cant find a husband after or get wrong ones when "successful" because their eyes are mainly on wage bracket instead of character and personality.
Do you have a clue how many Nigerian ladies are/will become manless like Toke and other female celebrities raised with and following this advice and if men play by that rule? If Character and personality is right and the joy is there, marry (for some assurance) and build the other up if you can that's how many men do and think not knowing that most women is playing by a different book.

Blame greedy parents who teach children nonsense.
Income bracket is too dynamic and emotionally unbinding to be bases of long lasting relationship.

Western ladies found out the hard way that income may not matter so many resort to dirt poor guys even from undeveloped Africa. I wonder who your kind will resort to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 07, 2019
Coming from a lady who dated and married an ex perm secretarys son while she was a nobody. Toke is mad abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by princfred(m): 7:51am On Mar 07, 2019
Joromi12:
Coming from a lady who dated and married an ex perm secretarys son while she was a nobody. Toke is mad abeg
You dey mind selfish greedy things once they think they are beautiful or financially ok. Later they'll say women love with their heart. They love with their head and their head is more convince with more based on inherent greed there.
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by ivolt: 10:45am On Mar 07, 2019
princfred:
Yet you reason like one who is 15yrs younger.
I asked you what if a spouse/partner losses his job or wage source or goes into a different wage bracket what becomes of the relationship?

I guess you are a lady because that's how a typical selfish oriented Nigerian lady thinks once they start making money not usually when they are dirt poor or broke. This is why many of them cant be humble to a man and destroy their relationship with selfish greediness induced arrogance after making it leaving the man who suffered for them thin and dry such that he lays a curse on them even without saying it out loud. Tell me which man we not run from these ones knowing fully well that their love is based on the weight of his pay check.
And many cant find a husband after or get wrong ones when "successful" because their eyes are mainly on wage bracket instead of character and personality.
Do you have a clue how many Nigerian ladies are/will become manless like Toke and other female celebrities raised with and following this advice and if men play by that rule? If Character and personality is right and the joy is there, marry (for some assurance) and build the other up if you can that's how many men do and think not knowing that most women is playing by a different book.

Blame greedy parents who teach children nonsense.
Income bracket is too dynamic and emotionally unbinding to be bases of long lasting relationship.

Western ladies found out the hard way that income may not matter so many resort to dirt poor guys even from undeveloped Africa. I wonder who your kind will resort to.
I am a man and would never accept the mentality of a rich man coming to save a dirt poor villager, never.
This is not the 15th century where the only role of women is eating and giving birth.
Your type will never understand until it bites you so hard.

I remember how a governor couldn't have a first lady because the wife is functionally illiterate.
I won't blame you though, many Nigerians can't understand complex concepts, when they encounter
a situation that is not black and white they lose it.

When a bank cleaner loses her job, her wage does not become zero, it is still a cleaner's wage.
And when a bank manager loses her job, her wage is still in the managers' range, she may get a
similar job or go into business but she will never become a bank cleaner.

Wages tells you about intellect, exposure and education(not certificates).
I can't offer more explanation if you still don't understand.
Re: Video: Toke Makinwa Explains Why You Should Date Within Your Wage by princfred(m): 11:14am On Mar 07, 2019
ivolt:

I am a man and would never accept the mentality of a rich man coming to save a dirt poor villager, never.
This is not the 15th century where the only role of women is eating and giving birth.
Your type will never understand until it bites you so hard.

I remember how a governor couldn't have a first lady because the wife is functionally illiterate.
I won't blame you though, many Nigerians can't understand complex concepts, when they encounter
a situation that is not black and white they lose it.

When a bank cleaner loses her job, her wage does not become zero, it is still a cleaner's wage.
And when a bank manager loses her job, her wage is still in the managers' range, she may get a
similar job or go into business but she will never become a bank cleaner.

Wages tells you about intellect, exposure and education(not certificates).
I can't offer more explanation if you still don't understand.
You are the one seeing things in black and white; Equating what obtains in company to the society at large and worshiping wage soo much to equate it to wisdom in all spheres of life.

In a relationship your position or wage is nothing if your emotional tolerance and ego is not within your opponents range. Who did donald Trump marry?

How many top celebrity marriages do you see crumble more because of incompatible ego and emotions immaturity irrespective of the little wage gap between them?
The bank cleaner can become a successful business woman. No one may be permanently unintelligibly, unexposed and uneducated in every field. I have seen previous bank worker turned barber.

So the guy was foolish to marry Toke then (and that could have made her status unchanged to her "glorious" state now) instead of leading greedy materialistic love orientation that has left her and many like her manless.
It is more about who is willing to work with you at finding joy than what one has. Go and marry rich unconscionable egomaniac manchild who is not wiling to tolerate and ameliorate deficiencies and or work on differences and see what help similar pay we will bring.

How many wives of male politicians or footballers are in same wage bracket with them? I guess they are all foolish or should divorce them or go after higher income potential ones. I guess their manless female counterpart are looking for those earning as much and go into menopause single. If men play by that rule it may not favor women in the long run. You are equating wealth to intellect which may not always follow expect in Nigeria.

Intellect as depicted in ones handling of big office position might not necessarily translate into the emotional maturity required to be successful in a relationship. Especially in Nigeria where a not so bright individual can have a high paying job based on connection mot merit. Otherwise we won't be finding considerable divorce amongst top "intellectuals" , celebrities and citizens of developed countries within similar wage range. Infact it takes a heslthy dose of stupidity to run a lasting relationship which your intellectual may not be able to muster when it matters.

Exposed and literate enough to make good income is not necessary being exposed and literate enough to try in a good relationship. Trump was rich yet went through three divorces. One can so easily be a financial guru yet a relationship illiterate. Infact many are.
Or do you think Linda ikeja can do soo well with a man making as much as her but who is a masochist? Picture linda and Timaya, Chimamanda and say Jim Iyke, Timaya and that ikwere ex wife of Churchhil; a buffoon and a tigress.
Someone you call an illiterate may find himself abroad and make more wage than you so then he or she should divorce you asap since you may come over and make more money with your better education and divorce him?

We see lots of semi broke ladies hunting guys with better wage and some of those guys oblige them if they fancy them not minding what she earns compared to him but when its with a lady who is financially better, suddenly wage disparity becomes the factor. One should be weary of those addicted to keep hunting irrespective of the fish landed like Toke.

The will to strive to be best for each other matters more than income vis-a-vis love, fidelity, honour and submission. Read the Bible.

(1) (Reply)

Actor Mofe Duncan’s Wife Reveals Their 3-year-old Marriage Has Crashed / How I Flirt Ladies Without Being Creepy / What Can Make A Woman Lose Internet In A Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.