Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,432 members, 7,812,282 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (12438 Views)

Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay / Stop Abusing Buhari Over Rivers State Political Problems - Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
Obviously your sense of humour is very low, but it's ok, Nigeria is hard, so i understand. grin

Everybody is entitled to their opinions, just like me, you or the writer.
Instead of ranting with obvious baseless emotional sentiments, can you pin-point the false information the writer gave out and replace it with what you think is correct? PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

BaaleOko:

Nobody is ploughing your dry sarcasm here as you can see, you asked a question like the reasonable individual I primed you to be(still giving you the benefit of the doubt), don't disappoint yourself by running away from your own challenge by playing dumb.

13 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by gidgiddy: 1:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
Yes, we have had bad leadership for over 50 years agreed, and all tribes have failed us to be honest
But what this writer has done is, trace the origin and genesis of this bad leadership, and we can't even deny that there are some shocking facts up there.

Why just the genesis? What about the last 52 years that Yorubas and their Northern partners have held power? They said Igbos did bad and they are coming to correct the bad, they ended up doing worse. Everthing that Northerners and Yorubas accuse Igbos od doing, they did 50 times worse when they came to power.That's why it does not make any sense.

They said Igbos conducted a coup, they later turned "coup plotting" into A profession and conducted many

They said Ironsi introduced unitary rule, but they came in and kept dividing the 4 Regions Ironsi kept, into 36 states, making Nigeria far more unitary than Ironsi ever made it

They said Zik resisted a secession clause in the constitution, they have had 52 years to add the same law but they will never. But if someone waves a Biafran flag in the East, they will call for the Python to come and dance

Everything they accuse Igbos of doing, they did 50 times worse

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 1:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Why do i think anybody that mentions 'dingbats' in a sentence, likes or follows DaddyFreeze? cheesy
deadkamalu:
i guess they were just being nigerians in true sense and not some clannish dingbats

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by deadkamalu: 1:18pm On Mar 07, 2019
BaaleOko:

If you mean the Ogoja/Garkem areas that border parts of Nsukka then perhaps that sense of geography can be fitting... but as a whole enclave, Benue has never been in the Eastern region besides been a neighbor to the Northern Igbo areas.
apt and concise, benue was never part of southern protectorate,i see that above comment as an attempt to subtle revisionism.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by deadkamalu: 1:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
Why do i think anybody that mentions 'dingbats' in a sentence, likes or follows DaddyFreeze? cheesy
lol,i may like the guy for being realist but i dont follow him honestly
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 1:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
You want an article about all the atrocities committed by our leaders from 1960 - 2019, goodluck to the author, because you will go past 1 million words and still be in the first republic.

The genesis of everything in life is very important in my opinion, if you want to get your way around the mess you are in, you need to trace it from the time it all started.

It's only a stupid person that will totally blame Igbos for all our political misfortunes, but many people try to make them the victims, paint their leaders as if they never did any wrong.

Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, we all got ourselves in this mess, one thing led to another.

See, two wrongs don't make a right, like i stated above, we have had bad leadership over the years (Yoruba, Hausa and Igbos etc all included)
Igbo youths need to understand that their early leaders also messed up when they had a chance to rule Nigeria, they even dragged them into war and killed millions, while Ojukwu escaped and ran for his life!

We need a leader than can move Nigeria forward, any good leader, i don't care where he comes from.

Let the ethnic bias stop, because he is from your village does not mean he will make your life better.

gidgiddy:

Why just the genesis? What about the last 52 years that Yorubas and their Northern partners have held power? They said Igbos did bad and they are coming to correct the bad, they ended up doing worse. Everthing that Northerners and Yirubas accuse Igbos od doing, they did 50 times worse when they came to power.That's why it does not make any sense.

They said Igbos conducted a coup, they later turned "coup plotting" into A profession and conducted many

They said Ironsi introduced unitary rule, but they came in and kept divided the 4 Regions Ironsi kept, into 36 states, making Nigeria far more unitary

They said All resisted a secession clause in the constitution, they have had 52 years to add the same law but they will never. But if someone waves a Biafran flag in the East, they will call for the Python to come and dance

Everything they accuse Igbos of doing, they did 50 times worse

10 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 1:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
I knew it grin grin grin
deadkamalu:
lol,i may like the guy for being realist but i dont follow him honestly
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ElsonMorali: 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
A very insightful and interesting read, what do you guys think? Please let's comment objectively without ethnic sentiments

Thank you for reminding us. You didn't mention when Azikiwe formed a majority government with the North instead of with his Southern counterpart, Awolowo, thereby giving the Prime Minister position to Tafawa Balewa while he had to content himself with the honourary position of President.

That would also have been an equally interesting read too.

A lot of Nigerian history swept under the carpet.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2019
Well written. Watch as they attack the messenger and not the message.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

The problem with those who say that "Ironsi did this", "Zik did that", "Igbos did this" is that they are the same people who have held power at different times for the last 50 years and did far worse than Igbos ever did.

Yorubas and their Northern cohorts have held power for the majority of the last 52 years. They did far worse than Ironsi, Zik and the Igbos ever did. Yet every day they criticise what Igbos did even though they did much worse.

That's why it's laughable

What's laughable is you guys from the east always playing the victim card when Nigeria could have been either practicing true federalism or have broken up into its constituent parts.

You screaming "Biafra or death" today is the perfect example of Karma. Ask Isaac Adaka Boro.

You got served.

14 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
Too much ethnic bigotry!!! Chai cry

Were you expecting intelligent conversation about the articles you posted?

Don't. Just get your basket ready. They are going to heap insults on you.

10 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
BaaleOko:

Your trash wasn't only an opinionated conjecture riddled with sentimental half truths and distortions, it also in grey matter areas highlighted the morbid obsession the average Nigerian(yorubas especially)will irredeemably always have towards the Igbos... Like the same Igbos left your damn Nigeria in 1967, one would have expected a "good riddance" feedback from the test of Nigeria since the same Igbos (the supposed cancer of Nigeria) were the troublemakers that truncated the utopian foundation of Nigeria, and thus deserved to be cut off from the union of they didn't do themselves and the others the noble favor... But no, they were forced back to the same Nigeria at the expense of millions of lives... now they are the problem once again? I mean what gives at these point?

You haven't denied any part of the post though... cheesy

10 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
oilPUSSY:

So today SS is now Igbo ?
Afonja and narrative switch.... Smh
Boda, aunty or hermaphrodite. Try to counter the OP with fact.

9 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 1:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
I can't see any mention of that name in the whole article
I wonder

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
[s]
BaaleOko:
Honestly a thorough psychological research needs to be conducted on the yoruba race at an evaluative level, cause their proclivity towards Igbo obsession isn't just getting ridiculous and scary, it actually borders on sheer lunacy at these point.
[/s]OK, but before that. Can you please counter him with fact. Then we can agree to what you said. Thanks

10 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by BrownRoofRep: 2:01pm On Mar 07, 2019
Afonja cowards should submit their wives to us, let's be using them for sports.
Sign
Your Landlord.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

The problem with those who say that "Ironsi did this", "Zik did that", "Igbos did this" is that they are the same people who have held power at different times for the last 50 years and did far worse than Igbos ever did.

Yorubas and their Northern cohorts have held power for the majority of the last 52 years. They did far worse than Ironsi, Zik and the Igbos ever did. Yet every day they criticise what Igbos did even though they did much worse.
I
That's why it's laughable
Well, I do not think both northern and yorubas ever denied that. But can you please counter the op with fact? Or is this how you will defend your client as lawyer?

10 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by gidgiddy: 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
You want an article about all the atrocities committed by our leaders from 1960 - 2019, goodluck to the author, because you will go past 1 million words and still be in the first republic.

The genesis of everything in life is very important in my opinion, if you want to get your way around the mess you are in, you need to trace it from the time it all started.

It's only a stupid person that will totally blame Igbos for all our political misfortunes, but many people try to make them the victims, paint their leaders as if they never did any wrong.

Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, we all got ourselves in this mess, one thing led to another.

See, two wrongs don't make a right, like i stated above, we have had bad leadership over the years (Yoruba, Hausa and Igbos etc all included)
Igbo youths need to understand that their early leaders also messed up when they had a chance to rule Nigeria, they even dragged them into war and killed millions, while Ojukwu escaped and ran for his life!

We need a leader than can move Nigeria forward, any good leader, i don't care where he comes from.

Let the ethnic bias stop, because he is from your village does not mean he will make your life better.

This is stupid talk. It is like saying that Adam and Eve should be blamed for sin because sin started with them. It's l8ke saying that the write brothers should be blamed for all airplane crashes because the invented the first Airplane.

If those who took over from Igbos turned around to do far worse than Igbos, then Igbos should not be the focus. In the last 52 years, these same people have wrecked Nigeria to the extent that Nigeria's best times was when Igbos were in charge.

Igbos wanted their freedom, and thats why they fought. Nigeria once wanted their own freedom from Britain, they still celebrate that freedom every 1st October. The only reason Nigeria didn't fight a war for its freedom is because the British are civilised people who know It is wrong to hold people against their will. The only reason Igbos had to fight a war is that Nigerians are not civilised like the British to realise it is wrong to hold people.

The Yorubas and their Northern cronies have been ruling Nigeria for 52 years. Nigeria has not moved foward, we are more backwards, more tribalised, more ethnic biased and more divided. Yet someone is still talking about what Igbos did or didn't do over 50 years ago? Very laughable

13 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:06pm On Mar 07, 2019
[s]
BrownRoofRep:
Afonja cowards should submit their wives to us, let's be using them for sports.
Sign
Your Landlord.
[/s]Unintelligent contribution. Thsnks

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
Yes, we have had bad leadership for over 50 years agreed, and all tribes have failed us to be honest
But what this writer has done is, trace the origin and genesis of this bad leadership, and we can't even deny that there are some shocking facts up there.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by BrownRoofRep: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
ipodstinks:
[s][/s]Unintelligent contribution. Thsnks
Genius can't spell 'thanks'. grin

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by gidgiddy: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
5thElement:

What's laughable is you guys from the east always playing the victim card when Nigeria could have been either practicing true federalism or have broken up into its constituent parts.

You screaming "Biafra or death" today is the perfect example of Karma. Ask Isaac Adaka Boro.

You got served.

But it is not the Igbo man who has ruled for the last 52 years! Why didn't the people who have been ruling all this time bring us true federalism? Why is Nigeria not a better place?

6 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
BaaleOko:

At this point they will soon blame Igbos for their failure to get an erection going while servicing their wives... those folks are just pathetic, best to just ignore the revisionist nonsense.
Just as you have been blaming others for your failure.

6 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by gidgiddy: 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2019
ipodstinks:
Well, I do not think both northern and yorubas ever denied that. But can you please counter the op with fact? Or is this how you will defend your client as lawyer?

My counter to what the OP wrote is that compared to what he says the Igbo did and what Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani have done in 52 years of ruling Nigeria, Nigeria's best times were with Igbos.

The last 52 years of Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani rule has been.a complete nightmare compared to what he says Igbos did

8 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Genius can't spell 'thanks'. grin
Just try and be intelligent for once. Contribute constructively. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 2:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
You no trust Nigerians! undecided
5thElement:
Well written. Watch as they attack the messenger and not the message.

7 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
You no trust Nigerians! undecided

Lol.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

My counter to what the OP wrote is that compared to what he says the Igbo did and what Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani have done in 52 years of ruling Nigeria, Nigeria's best times were with Igbos.

The last 52 years of Yoruba/Hausa-Fulani rule has been.a complete nightmare compared to what he says Igbos did
Oh o. Nice one. But tell me, why did Azikwe against Secession clause sir? I like it as there is no insult now.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by BrownRoofRep: 2:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
ipodstinks:
Just try and be intelligent for once. Contribute constructively. Thanks.
Contribute what? These series of wanton rubbish on display here.

This thread shows that Afonja long head fallen demons think about us from morning to night, they also see us in dreams while asleep.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

But it is not the Igbo man who has ruled for the last 52 years! Why didn't the people who have been ruling all this time bring us true federalism? Why is Nigeria not a better place?

You wanna go there?

Do you want me to go to Google and help you get the name of Igbos who have held top government positions?

People like Azikiwe, first president of Nigeria, Alex Ekwueme, a vice President, a host of Senate presidents and deputies?

How do you feel putting the blame on others when clearly we have all made mistakes?

Do you think your tribe is made of angels?

The hole Nigeria is in now was dug by mainly Igbo political and military leaders. (To be sure, the 3 major ethnic groups have their own share of the blame) That's what this post is about. Tracing where Nigeria fell into the pit.

If we hadn't fallen into the pit, we won't be living in the pit today.

16 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Contribute what? These series of wanton rubbish on display here.

This thread shows that Afonja long head fallen demons think about us from morning to night, they also see us in dreams while asleep.
Okay swerve and let intelligent people contribute. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by BrownRoofRep: 2:30pm On Mar 07, 2019
ipodstinks:
Okay swerve and let intelligent people contribute. Thanks.
Dumb afonja head slammers claiming intelligence, LMAO grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Women Chant 'Free Our Son' As They Besiege Court Premises (Video) / FG Borrows N2.45 Trillion From CBN Amid Fiscal Risks / Jonathan Is A War Time President – Rev. Ladi Thompson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.