Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (12487 Views)

Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay / Stop Abusing Buhari Over Rivers State Political Problems - Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 2:44pm On Mar 07, 2019
Exactly the point of the article
5thElement:

You wanna go there?

Do you want me to go to Google and help you get the name of Igbos who have held top government positions?

People like Azikiwe, first president of Nigeria, Alex Ekwueme, a vice President, a host of Senate presidents and deputies?

How do you feel putting the blame on others when clearly we have all made mistakes?

Do you think your tribe is made of angels?

The hole Nigeria is in now was dug by mainly Igbo political and military leaders. (To be sure, the 3 major ethnic groups have their own share of the blame) That's what this post is about. Tracing where Nigeria fell into the pit.

If we hadn't fallen into the pit, we won't be living in the pit today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by citizenY(m): 2:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
BaaleOko:
Honestly a thorough psychological research needs to be conducted on the yoruba race at an evaluative level, cause their proclivity towards Igbo obsession isn't just getting ridiculous and scary, it actually borders on sheer lunacy at these point.

Do not bury your head in the sand.

GO and ask Nwabueze and Mbazulike Amechi... They are still alive. Ask them why they do not want to exorcise the demons before they die. This is a chronoicle of the "obsession " and " proclivity" of a people that are now playing the victim.

I have made a post on this before ... Nigeria: When the rain started beating us ..... and people just kept away, for obvious reasons. It is not that we do not know all these but anytime I see the insolence these guys spew on other folk I remember this narrative.

So Mr. MAn I dare you, rebuke the narrative or tellm us your own side of the story. Mouthing the usual dismissive cliches will not work.

Maybe you should also apologise like PDP.

8 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by SuperIgbo1(m): 2:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
Seen, but there was no Benue in the mid-60's
It was part of the Eastern Region i guess

Which institution produced you?
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Born2Breed(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
But today's SS used to be under the Eastern Region, governed by Igbo leaders, we have to understand the historical relevance of yesterday before making judgments today

This is the reason I blame the Nigeria's educational system. Intelligent Nigerians are doing everything possible to educate themselves on the history of this country while some still depend on copy and paste without proper research or even reading what they are pasting.

The Current South South today was carved out of the Western/Mid-Western and Eastern region.

Most names there were from former Western / Mid Western region.

You need to understand history from the view point of every one before coming out with an unbiased compilation of historical events. You need more education kid.

8 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Born2Breed(f): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
cute9ja:
Seen, but there was no Benue in the mid-60's
It was part of the Eastern Region i guess

You guessed?

Oh my gawd!!! Did I just read that?

You are not just silly but plain stupid. You don't even know what region Benue was and you are here guessing? You copied and pasted some text without even understanding the context.

Please return your certificate, i mean your junior secondary school certificate because its obvious you are still in SS1.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Born2Breed(f): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Which institution produced you?

I swear with my left breast, the OP is still in secondary school. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by citizenY(m): 3:09pm On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Why just the genesis? What about the last 52 years that Yorubas and their Northern partners have held power? They said Igbos did bad and they are coming to correct the bad, they ended up doing worse. Everthing that Northerners and Yorubas accuse Igbos od doing, they did 50 times worse when they came to power.That's why it does not make any sense.

They said Igbos conducted a coup, they later turned "coup plotting" into A profession and conducted many

They said Ironsi introduced unitary rule, but they came in and kept dividing the 4 Regions Ironsi kept, into 36 states, making Nigeria far more unitary than Ironsi ever made it

They said Zik resisted a secession clause in the constitution, they have had 52 years to add the same law but they will never. But if someone waves a Biafran flag in the East, they will call for the Python to come and dance

Everything they accuse Igbos of doing, they did 50 times worse

You must know where the rain started falling on you.

Igbos did not do bad, they planned bad and God did not allow it. Who knows , we could have become Osu. They could even have sterilissed us to reduce our population and take over our lands. Just use a fertile imagination and get the drift ....

5 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Sirheny007(m): 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
citizenY:

Do not bury your head in the sand.

GO and ask Nwabueze and Mbazulike Amechi... They are still alive. Ask them why they do not want to exorcise the demons before they die. This is a chronoicle of the "obsession " and " proclivity" of a people that are now playing the victim.

I have made a post on this before ... Nigeria: When the rain started beating us ..... and people just kept away, for obvious reasons. It is not that we do not know all these but anytime I see the insolence these guys spew on other folk I remember this narrative.

So Mr. MAn I dare you, rebuke the narrative or tellm us your own side of the story. Mouthing the usual dismissive cliches will not work.

Maybe you should also apologise like PDP.

Pray, tell me where the rain started beating us.
From the North who threatened secession on the un-serious British if they could not 'carry their conquest to the Land and Sea' as Ahmadu Bello put it (because of the growing insecurity in the North about southern dominance) and whose demands rendered Nigeria 'irredeemable' or to the Igbos on whose neck has hung an albatross of 1966 coup and 'drafting the unification constitution' as one poster here put it?

Anyone who tries to trace the exact place the rain descended on us from post independence is not being true to himself.
It will only result to parochial submissions.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by fjjc(m): 3:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
BaaleOko:
Honestly a thorough psychological research needs to be conducted on the yoruba race at an evaluative level, cause their proclivity towards Igbo obsession isn't just getting ridiculous and scary, it actually borders on sheer lunacy at these point.
Your bastard Igbo generation are stupid.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by T9ksy(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2019
Thanks Op..........bookmarked.

Not at all surprised at their juvenille responses as they obviously have no evidence/s to debunk the facts contained in your post.

7 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by gidgiddy: 3:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
5thElement:

If we hadn't fallen into the pit, we won't be living in the pit today.

Those who have been ruling Nigeria for the last 52 years did not try to get out of the pit. They dug deeper into the pit, made it worse, then blamed the Igbos for being in pit.

They did far much worse than Igbos but love to blame Igbos

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Sirheny007(m): 3:45pm On Mar 07, 2019
gidgiddy:

Those who have been ruling Nigeria for the last 52 years did not try to get out of the pit. They dug deeper into the pit, made it worse, then blamed the Igbos for being in pit.

They did far much worse than Igbos but love to blame Igbos

I am trying as hard as i can to to be impartial.
But anyone blaming the Igbos for 'digging the pit' is a product of a hate system and propaganda.
True, Igbos may have gotten some things wrong in the past as history has revealed. But i still believe that they have done more for this Nation than any other tribe! They have been sidelined in the scheme of things for those 52 years, but look who's behind in overall welfare?

No matter how you look at it, Pre or post independence,
The North is,was and will always be the architect who dug that pit.

6 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by SuperIgbo1(m): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
T9ksy:
Thanks Op..........bookmarked.

Not at all surprised at their juvenille responses as they obviously have no evidence/s to debunk the facts contained in your post.

Only a dumbass like you, would bookmark such an idiotic topic.

You want to bookmark a topic that says Benue state used to be part of the Eastern region? Looooool.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by eurogee: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
I am a full blooded igbo from Ideato North local government area of imo state.

I had read countless accounts of pre-independent Nigeria authored by renown local and foreign scholars. Before I came into contact with these books, I used to hold the belief that igbos are matreated in Nigeria. But after reading these books, I began to tell those who care to listen that IGBOS are the architect of their problems. And I will maintain this stance without sentiment for as long as I know the truth.

I regret to say that most of the post civil war Igbos are uninformed about the past. And that's very correct. They are being fed half truths by their kins. This is just the truth that has no hiding place.

I always say this; there was no reason at all for January 1966 coups. And for Ironsi to have paid blind eye service to the coupists after being caught, is the height of atrocity, and an intolerable slap to the faces of the people whose leaders were unfairly murdered in the course of that stupid coups. In holding this view, I knew there were prior consensus to the effect that the coupists be spared in order to persuade them to lay down arms but that's bullshit.

The truth is that my people are highly competitive in nature. And when they spot an opportunity, they'd want to be all out to seize it. Nothing is wrong with this when you do it without making noise of being smarter than other tribes, or having subjugation of other tribes in mind. Otherwise, you'd draw undue attention to yourself, and they people you are trying to outsmart would develop eagle eye to make sure they frustrate your wicked ambition.

The politicians of SE decent had subjugation of other Nigerians in mind. This is an undeniable truth. This fact shaped their stance on most national political issues and defined their actions in pre-independent and early post-independent Nigeria. Igbos wanted to be power brokers for not only Nigeria but also individual regions. Unfortunately, fate does not always fall in line according to plans. We found ourselves where we had wished for other Nigerians.

This is just the truth judged by the past happenstances. Don't come here to abuse yourself, because I read widely and I know for sure that what I just said is the truth. I don't stand to be corrected. Rather, go and read the history! The selfishness and stupidity of our forebearers got us where we are today!

For us igbos to find our stand again in national politics, we need to ditch our highly entrenched wrongful beliefs. We need to be apologetics over the "brigandages" of our forbearers. We need to show remorse over the stupidities of those we consider our political sages, and show willingness to embrace the concept of one Nigeria which we remained the architect of until the twist of fate happened.

May God open the eyes of my people to the truth.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Signed
Nwa Afo Ideato North.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Prompto: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2019
That is Azikwe orgazing coups to kill Yoruba n Hausa leaders that is what being Nigeria is to senseless Igbos ?
deadkamalu:
i guess they were just being nigerians in true sense and not some clannish dingbats

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Prompto: 4:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
Did Igbo give the NigerDelta the same freedom you claim you want or you just choice to pick selective incidents in history n claim it as the true like every Igbo do ?
gidgiddy:

This is stupid talk. It is like saying that Adam and Eve should be blamed for sin because sin started with them. It's l8ke saying that the write brothers should be blamed for all airplane crashes because the invented the first Airplane.

If those who took over from Igbos turned around to do far worse than Igbos, then Igbos should not be the focus. In the last 52 years, these same people have wrecked Nigeria to the extent that Nigeria's best times was when Igbos were in charge.

Igbos wanted their freedom, and thats why they fought. Nigeria once wanted their own freedom from Britain, they still celebrate that freedom every 1st October. The only reason Nigeria didn't fight a war for its freedom is because the British are civilised people who know It is wrong to hold people against their will. The only reason Igbos had to fight a war is that Nigerians are not civilised like the British to realise it is wrong to hold people.

The Yorubas and their Northern cronies have been ruling Nigeria for 52 years. Nigeria has not moved foward, we are more backwards, more tribalised, more ethnic biased and more divided. Yet someone is still talking about what Igbos did or didn't do over 50 years ago? Very laughable

5 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by StOla: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
As the coup appeared unsuccessful, J.T. Aguiyi Ironsi, who was supposed to have been killed alongside other military officers, ended up becoming the new military ruler of Nigeria. Rather than immediately arrest and punish the coup plotters, he kept them in detention where they were treated as heroes. This and subsequent actions sowed the seed for the eventual Biafra War
On the 23rd of February 1966 (i.e. a month and 8 days after the first coup popularly but wrongly known as Nzeogwu coup), an Ijaw born Army officer called Isaac Adaka Boro who hailed from Kaima town of present Bayelsa State, declared the secession of the Niger Delta Republic in an attempt to free his Ijaw people from the monumental marginalization they had been suffering under Igbos in the old Eastern Region.

Aguiyi Ironsi immediately ordered Colonel Odumegwu Ojukwu to arrest him and hand him over to the military high command under him in Lagos. Ojukwu went all out against Isaac Adaka Boro with federal military might and within 12 fighting days killed 150 Isaac Boro's soldiers, arrested him, stripped him Unclad, and had him driven to Lagos and handed to Ironsi who immediately charged him to court and within two months secured against him a conviction of treasonable felony for which he was sentenced to death by hanging fixed for December 1966 by the Supreme Court.

His 'crime' was that he declared secession of The Niger Delta Republic from Nigeria – sounds familiar?

Meanwhile the Igbo coupists who shed innocent blood of other tribes and even sprayed bullets into the bellies of the pregnant wives of Ahmadu Bello and Brigadier Ralph Shodeinde were not charged to court or arraigned before any military tribunal six months after the coup had taken place. Their dates kept being moved, Aguiyi-Ironsi kept dilly dallying. This formed the reason for subsequent destructive actions that played out.

Isaac Adaka Boro was in detention waiting for December to come for him to join his ancestors. However, a revenge coup was executed on July 29 led by Northern soldiers and Ironsi was killed. Major Yakubu Gowon took over, released Isaac Adaka Boro unconditionally and re-instated him into the Nigeria Army with his previous rank. By this time, dark and ominous clouds had stared to gather over the North as reprisal killings against South Easterners were unleashed by Northerners.

As a result of the large mass of people of South Eastern extraction being maimed and slaughtered by Northerners, on May 30, 1967, Major Odimegwu Chukwuemeka Ojukwu declared secession of South Eastern from Nigeria and without consulting or apologising to Isaac Boro, declared Biafra Republic and drew a map of Biafra which included the very areas that made up Isaac Adaka Boro's earlier declared Niger Delta Republic for which he fought against him and killed his soldiers.

Seeing such level of arrogance in Ojukwu, Isaac Boro asked Gowon to provide arms for him to crush Biafra by fighting on the Nigerian side in vengeance for Ojukwu's frustration of his own secession declaration 15 months earlier. Isaac Boro, as an Ijaw man conversant with the waterways, led the Nigeria Army through the coastal areas into Igboland to finish off thousands of Ojukwu's soldiers thus leading to the crushing defeat of Biafra.

But today, Igbos accuse Ijaws of betraying them in the war. Who betrayed who?

Lesson: Beware of the crocodile shedding tears.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by keeeem: 4:10pm On Mar 07, 2019
Bros just as someone mentioned earlier, every tribe has contributed in one way or the other to the woes of this country. The thrust of this piece is to reiterate the fact that all have sin and come short of the expectation for this country. It is not a vindication for any ethnic group but a reminder that everyone is bitter about the action of the other.

This should now reinforce the need to offer solutions by doing those things that unites rather than divide us. The Igbo race have to build bridges not making divisive statements. Look at Yoruba leaders (not the Afenifere nonsense o), they were tactical in their support so that head or tail they do not lose. When a Ben Nwabueze as a member of Ohaneze comes out to say that his wish is for Atiku to win the election and thereafter after Buhari won election the same group says Igbos must be SP, then you begin to wonder if people forget so easily

The event of 1966 is still fresh in everyone's mind and it will take years to build the trust back. That is why Ndigbo have to build rather than be divisive. See the way they carried on after losing election in 2015 to Buhari. They carried the bile in their hearts for 4 good years. Same thing has started again and another 4 years will be gone.

In actual sense of it, between a PYO/El-Rufai and Atiku/Obi who do you think the larger votes block will support in 2023? The SW have been very receptive of the ruling party unlike the hostilities in SE. That is why Ndigbo have to rally round the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu. It is a way of providing soft landing for Ndigbo. Okorocha would have led the pack but he messed up the opportunity by placing self-interest over group interest.

Trust is key and that is what Ndigbo have to build. My 2 cents anyway

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Starboytwo(m): 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
Haaaa ibo people, "e shay aduru eleyiii, e wa feh japa loh si ipod"... Ko possible....

6 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by pazienza(m): 5:40pm On Mar 07, 2019
Do not feed the trolls. You can always make a rebuttal about these historical distortions propagated by the article the OP copied and pasted here, on facebook and circulate to your facebook friends .
Umuibe, ndia tukwasili obi na reply unu, iji nwe mee threadia ka oto Ogologo.
Gbafa nkiti, ifu na threadia anwuor nwuuor pii!

Udo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Herdsmen: 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2019
Na why Dem dey fear igbo..

Igbo esika..

Sure 4 more state election and we take over Lagos..

Governor government state resources..and enslave them..

They will start to cry again..

I love igbos

We deal with them careless and they can't do nada but to complain..

We Bleep their daughters..buy their land ..take over their business..and sent their youths louting

What else..

We subdue them to write articlea while we keep climbing success..

They fear us and can't speak in our presence only at our behind..are we not their Masters?

They threathen with violence but hide behind the government to carry it out...on their own...they can't stand ...they can't pim..

We must continue...till we economically subjucate them...then take over dia politics..then government...and finally state..

They will only cry...but no one will listen as they're crying now..

Igbo bi una strong...una never start flogging. Them dey write article with revisionist... By the time we lift cane...

Bros. Only Dem go dobale...

We wipe ..they fall in land..

They are we for taking ..

Little patience....little time... And is all ours...

This their time and we've seen their worst...and we made success in their worst..

They've gat nothing else to throw....

We've chest everything..

....and we're coming for them..
Systematically...with patience and resilience.. we're taking over ..

Na why they're stiff scared..

Na why we love one Nigeria..

One Nigeria..my people

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Herdsmen: 5:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
pazienza:
Do not feed the trolls. You can always make a rebuttal about these historical distortions propagated by the article the OP copied and pasted here, on facebook and circulate to your facebook friends .
Umuibe, ndia tukwasili obi na reply unu, iji nwe mee threadia ka oto Ogologo.
Gbafa nkiti, ifu na threadia anwuor nwuuor pii!

Udo.

Bros ..Dem nor see the future well....

Dem nor wise...

They're holding onto the past...and have lost the future..

They will only wake up late..

The seed they sow..fetlize..will grow mustard..

Then they will see peace n unity...
Or rather see to secede ..

Then we will love Nigeria more..

And biafra will come..

I'm happy them writing and showing hatred... Northing....

Winter is coming..but they're seeing rain..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ticon4life(m): 6:26pm On Mar 07, 2019
Haba!
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by RoyalUc(m): 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2019
eurogee:
I am a full blooded igbo from Ideato North local government area of imo state.

I had read countless accounts of pre-independent Nigeria authored by renown local and foreign scholars. Before I came into contact with these books, I used to hold the belief that igbos are matreated in Nigeria. But after reading these books, I began to tell those who care to listen that IGBOS are the architect of their problems. And I will maintain this stance without sentiment for as long as I know the truth.

I regret to say that most of the post civil war Igbos are uninformed about the past. And that's very correct. They are being fed half truths by their kins. This is just the truth that has no hiding place.

I always say this; there was no reason at all for January 1966 coups. And for Ironsi to have paid blind eye service to the coupists after being caught, is the height of atrocity, and an intolerable slap to the faces of the people whose leaders were unfairly murdered in the course of that stupid coups. In holding this view, I knew there were prior consensus to the effect that the coupists be spared in order to persuade them to lay down arms but that's bullshit.

The truth is that my people are highly competitive in nature. And when they spot an opportunity, they'd want to be all out to seize it. Nothing is wrong with this when you do it without making noise of being smarter than other tribes, or having subjugation of other tribes in mind. Otherwise, you'd draw undue attention to yourself, and they people you are trying to outsmart would develop eagle eye to make sure they frustrate your wicked ambition.

The politicians of SE decent had subjugation of other Nigerians in mind. This is an undeniable truth. This fact shaped their stance on most national political issues and defined their actions in pre-independent and early post-independent Nigeria. Igbos wanted to be power brokers for not only Nigeria but also individual regions. Unfortunately, fate does not always fall in line according to plans. We found ourselves where we had wished for other Nigerians.

This is just the truth judged by the past happenstances. Don't come here to abuse yourself, because I read widely and I know for sure that what I just said is the truth. I don't stand to be corrected. Rather, go and read the history! The selfishness and stupidity of our forebearers got us where we are today!

For us igbos to find our stand again in national politics, we need to ditch our highly entrenched wrongful beliefs. We need to be apologetics over the "brigandages" of our forbearers. We need to show remorse over the stupidities of those we consider our political sages, and show willingness to embrace the concept of one Nigeria which we remained the architect of until the twist of fate happened.

May God open the eyes of my people to the truth.

May God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Signed
Nwa Afo Ideato North.

"...Igbos wanted to be power brokers for not only Nigeria but also individual regions. Unfortunately, fate does not always fall in line according to plans. We found ourselves where we had wished for other Nigerians."

Ezi oku bu ndu!
God bless you

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by T9ksy(m): 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Only a dumbass like you, would bookmark such an idiotic topic.

You want to bookmark a topic that says Benue state used to be part of the Eastern region? Looooool.

Dendemoron, your obsufication tactics is well worn out so i suggest you come up with something new like actually countering the myriad facts in the Op's post.

But of course, you can't hence your recourse to the "garden path" trajectory.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by gidgiddy: 7:38pm On Mar 07, 2019
keeeem:
Bros just as someone mentioned earlier, every tribe has contributed in one way or the other to the woes of this country. The thrust of this piece is to reiterate the fact that all have sin and come short of the expectation for this country. It is not a vindication for any ethnic group but a reminder that everyone is bitter about the action of the other.

This should now reinforce the need to offer solutions by doing those things that unites rather than divide us. The Igbo race have to build bridges not making divisive statements. Look at Yoruba leaders (not the Afenifere nonsense o), they were tactical in their support so that head or tail they do not lose. When a Ben Nwabueze as a member of Ohaneze comes out to say that his wish is for Atiku to win the election and thereafter after Buhari won election the same group says Igbos must be SP, then you begin to wonder if people forget so easily

The event of 1966 is still fresh in everyone's mind and it will take years to build the trust back. That is why Ndigbo have to build rather than be divisive. See the way they carried on after losing election in 2015 to Buhari. They carried the bile in their hearts for 4 good years. Same thing has started again and another 4 years will be gone.

In actual sense of it, between a PYO/El-Rufai and Atiku/Obi who do you think the larger votes block will support in 2023? The SW have been very receptive of the ruling party unlike the hostilities in SE. That is why Ndigbo have to rally round the likes of Orji Uzor Kalu. It is a way of providing soft landing for Ndigbo. Okorocha would have led the pack but he messed up the opportunity by placing self-interest over group interest.

Trust is key and that is what Ndigbo have to build. My 2 cents anyway

How come the events of 1966 are still fresh in the minds of people but not the events of after?

The North and their Yoruba cohorts have been ruling Nigeria for much of the last 52 years and they have done far much worse than Igbos ever did. They have brought Nigeria to were itbis today. But it is the events of January 1966 that they want to remember

It could be that all the Igbo nation wants is to exit Nigeria as an independent country.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2019
Starboytwo:
Haaaa ibo people, "e shay aduru eleyiii, e wa feh japa loh si ipod"... Ko possible....
grin
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by SuperIgbo1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2019
T9ksy:

Dendemoron, your obsufication tactics is well worn out so i suggest you come up with something new like actually countering the myriad facts in the Op's post.

But of course, you can't hence your recourse to the "garden path" trajectory.

You're a retardedd dumbass.

How can a topic, that says Benue state used to be part of the Eastern region have myriad facts imbeded in it?

6 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by citizenY(m): 9:05pm On Mar 07, 2019
Sirheny007:

Pray, tell me where the rain started beating us.
From the North who threatened secession on the un-serious British if they could not 'carry their conquest to the Land and Sea' as Ahmadu Bello put it (because of the growing insecurity in the North about southern dominance) and whose demands rendered Nigeria 'irredeemable' or to the Igbos on whose neck has hung an albatross of 1966 coup and 'drafting the unification constitution' as one poster here put it?

Anyone who tries to trace the exact place the rain descended on us from post independence is not being true to himself.
It will only result to parochial submissions.

Refute the narrative conveyed by the post and stop trying to be clever by half. Your forebears shot that albatross.... that is the theme of the post. Refute it.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Shekochild: 9:22pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hmm the situation in Nigeria is very complex. Very complex, very complex....
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by McStoic(m): 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
I may not be able to say many things here, but i know that in terms of violence and killing the non indigenes in your territory, as far as Nigeria was concerned, Hausas were the first to do so in the 50s. About secession, Hausa were the first to shout 'Araba' meaning 'divide it'. Igbos were more pro Nigeria unity and had the intellectual capacity to make it work....... The coup was a product of certain corruptions in government then, but they way things played out, the story has changed.

From the post, i realized that Igbos headed many positions. And i attribute that to their being educated or having more qualified people to head those positions. And of course, those institutions thrived under them. Ahmadu Bello preferred a foreigner to head their own institutions. Not that they had qualified folks, but rather to curtail so called Igbo dominance. Yet today, Buhari is putting his people into top positions too. Not that there are no better qualified people at least from their South West counterparts. No! He is Mr Integrity who does no wrong? AT LEAST IGBOS WERE GOOD AT IT AND NIGERIA WAS BETTER, BUT HOW IS NIGERIA FARING ALL THESE YEARS WITHOUT IGBO IN GOVERNMENT?

HATE IGBO OR LIKE HER, NIGERIA CANNOT MAKE ADEQUATE PROGRESS WITHOUT INCLUDING THEM IN THE SCHEME OF THINGS. IT 'S WHAT IT IS AND NOT PRIDE.

I KNOW THE IGBO NATION ARE NOT PERFECT, BUT I KNOW A ONE SIDED NARRATIVE WHEN I SEE ONE. TIME AND SPACE FAILS ONE HERE TO COMPREHENSIVELY COUNTER THESE CLAIMS. The OP had it easier cause he was on a copy and paste spree which required less effort.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:28pm On Mar 07, 2019
God punish any Igbo man who should ever again open his mouth and insult Lord Lugard; apparently every regional leader had wanted to reverse the amalgamation or have a secession clause inserted in the constitution for any dissatisfied region to have the right to later break away and go its own way should it choose to do so - all but one leader fought against it and successfully got the backing of the British to squash it; that person was not other than Nnamdi Azikiwe.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ikpeazu To Commission Eziukwu Road, Milverton Avenue, Ojike Lane Aba / Zamfara To Spend N200million On ‘repentant’ Bandits In 2021 / Mele Kyari: Nigeria Will Stop Importing Petroleum Products By Mid-2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.