Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems (12560 Views)

Tinubu: We All Caused Nigeria’s Woes, We Must Salvage It Together / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay / Stop Abusing Buhari Over Rivers State Political Problems - Abe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by diadem10: 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2019
pazienza:
Do not feed the trolls. You can always make a rebuttal about these historical distortions propagated by the article the OP copied and pasted here, on facebook and circulate to your facebook friends .
Umuibe, ndia tukwasili obi na reply unu, iji nwe mee threadia ka oto Ogologo.
Gbafa nkiti, ifu na threadia anwuor nwuuor pii!

Udo.

See this propagandist master. Wonder shall never end. cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by deomelo: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2019
diadem10:

You have forgotten the pillars of Jonathan government so soon?

Amnesia is troubling them.

Even sadly for them, they did not get anything in return for all the votes they gave to the PDP or as pillars of Jona's government.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by BaaleOko: 5:42pm On Mar 08, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

The rest of the world know all about the typical ibo shallow, empty, vacuous and meaningless chest beating.

Your ignorant and meaningless chest beating means nothing because I'm not a foreigner, I'm a Nigeria and I know you and I know all about your rotten and backward towns villages.

It beats me why you people think you are smart and better than the people you run to their region for your survival and daily bread

I understand your pain, when you're done crying... Locate the closest rope close to you, form a noose with it enough to fit on your cone head and circumference of your scrawny poverty stricken neck, recite the Quoran to appease your pedophile prophet for all the frustrations and hate in your accursed life... And then do the needful while a benevolent Igbo man somewhere will pay for your funeral rites and feed your pathetic family.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by diadem10: 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2019
BaaleOko:

Millions of Igbos are in the diaspora doing very well, not the drug mules you idiots always project on the media and are an insignificant minority that taint our collective image...but the brilliant Igbo men and women that impact the societies they live in positively. Igbo kids top almost all the Nigerian ethnic demographics for high acceptance rate into Ivy league schools all over the US(more than any ethnic group), thus assuming the model minorities status with Asian Americans trailing behind, there are thousands of internationally recognized Igbo diplomats in the dispora been elected into key positions of government and agencies, accomplished Igbos in Nigeria who excel anywhere they go, stating from literally little or nothing to building empires, go to Aba and see Igbo ingenuity and entrepreneurship despite been hampered by poor government factors, the average man on Aba is FAR MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN ANY YORUBA... I haven't even mentioned Nnewi where industrialization has taken its finest form, yet without government assistance.

My point is an Igbo man when put together with an average yoruba will always come out the better man if merit was anything to reckon with, that's why we dominate you scums on your own turf, majority of your inland revenues are in the hands of Igbos, commerce on every macro to micro level has been saturated by Igbos, every damn thing we have taken over... So keep hitting your useless cone head on the wall as the Igbo man keeps making you reel in pain, Las Las na lagoon you go end up.

You mean those 2 by 2 shops that offers nothing than nuisance in the SW region?

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by cute9ja: 10:28pm On Mar 08, 2019
The content the writer put up about Ojukwu and Azikuwe are not lies, they are historical facts, you can do a research yourself to prove otherwise!
We will be 60 years next year, we have tolerated ourselves for this long, can we do another 60 with a united Nigeria?
NkayStory:

We can never never be one..Dis-integration is the only way out going forward..Too many Nigerians hate the country with a passion as well tribes that are not theirs

No matter how hard you yorubas fight it,it will definetly happen..

..cant you see Nigeria is getting worse by the day with ethnic hatred increasing at break neckk speed with no end in sight?...or you want to deny that??

You can re-write history to suit your acute myopia but it changes nothing..lie againt Nnamdi Azokiwe or Ojukwu as much as you like it changes nothing!!..

Someday soon,you all shall meet your fate with destiny because this country is jinxed.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2019
jpphilips:

Fact Check!
Zik was from Onitsha in Anambra state, Jaja nwachukwu was Speaker house of reps while Nwafor orizu from anambra state was Senate president.
Zik from Onitsha ke
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2019
cute9ja:
Yes, we have had bad leadership for over 50 years agreed, and all tribes have failed us to be honest
But what this writer has done is, trace the origin and genesis of this bad leadership, and we can't even deny that there are some shocking facts up there.
But we have to move forward shouldn't we?
I mean, Hitler did all sort of things, but look at Germany today.
I'm not saying we shouldn't look at the past, but we've got to move forward progressively.
It's like Buhari blaming the PDP govt of 16 years when they also have the power to change things for the better themselves.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 10:53pm On Mar 08, 2019
5thElement:

What's laughable is you guys from the east always playing the victim card when Nigeria could have been either practicing true federalism or have broken up into its constituent parts.

You screaming "Biafra or death" today is the perfect example of Karma. Ask Isaac Adaka Boro.

You got served.
I still don't get the meaning of you got served.
Got served how?

Is there any part of Nigeria that is enjoying better than others?
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 11:39pm On Mar 08, 2019
ipodstinks:
Zik from Onitsha ke
Yes, Onitsha
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 12:06am On Mar 09, 2019
hausadreturn:
Yes, Onitsha
Oga, wetin you drink? Zik is from Enugu
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 12:10am On Mar 09, 2019
1. Louis Edet as IGP was from Cross River (that is not South East).
2. Zik was from Onitsha, Anambra

In the appointments of leaders of different parastatals, there's never been anywhere that mentioned that the positions were favoured for the igbos, rather it was based on merit. Aguiyi Ironsi was the most senior in the military (rank wise) and thus should've been naturally the GOC. I'm also surprised not to see the name of Adekunle Fajuiyi amongst the list of military personnels. He was a Lt. Col. as at the time he and Ironsi were killed.

After the first coup, the plotters were detained. I do not understand how the author says that they were treated as heroes while in prison. If Adaka Boro was also put in prison and not killed because of treason, I do not understand how Ironsi would've killed the coup plotters. The dots dont connect.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 12:11am On Mar 09, 2019
ipodstinks:
Oga, wetin you drink? Zik is from Enugu
Like the OP said, don't present your case like a kid.

Zik is from Onitsha, in Anambra State.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 12:18am On Mar 09, 2019
It is also surprising that majority of the pepertrators of the coup were brutally murdered, buried alive, and shot. Some were even killed in prison...
But nobody ever questioned the killing of Ironsi and Fajuiyi.

Was it an eye for an eye?

None of them coup plotters that killed Tafawa Balewa and co. walked free after what they did, but history tells us that Theophlius Danjuma and co., who orchestrated the killing of Fajuiyi and Ironsi was never questioned. It makes no sense.
T. Danjuma went on to become one of the richest men on Nigeria. He was even Obasanjo's senior in the army.
He's got blood on his hands. Whether he likes it or not.

Like I said earlier, there's a need to move forward.
Someone up there said, should we continue blaming Adam for our woes; should we continue blaming Lord Lugard for putting us in this way? The answer is no.

We must continue to be positive and do the right thing.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by ipodstinks: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2019
hausadreturn:
Like the OP said, don't present your case like a kid.

Zik is from Onitsha, in Anambra State.
Zik only lived with his grandmother living in onitsha, he was born in the north. His father is from Enugu
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 12:26am On Mar 09, 2019
ipodstinks:
Zik only lived with his grandmother living in onitsha, he was born in the north. His father is from Enugu
He was born in the North, yes.
He died in Enugu, yes.
He is from Onitsha in Anambra.

This is a fact.
We shouldn't even be dragging on it.

1 Like

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:06am On Mar 09, 2019
hausadreturn:
I still don't get the meaning of you got served.
Got served how?

Is there any part of Nigeria that is enjoying better than others?

Which part of Nigeria is screaming for freedom today and getting themselves killed over a republic they blocked others from getting? There's your answer.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 09, 2019
diadem10:

You mean those 2 by 2 shops that offers nothing than nuisance in the SW region?

You dey mind them? Corner shop everywhere yet I wonder how many of them actually pay tax, they'll come here & start bragging that they developed Indonesia and China.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:14am On Mar 09, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
To start with, the heading says it all.

A crap concocted to malign Igbo leadership from ancient times.

A narrative riddled with malicious calumniation of Igbo race.

A piece meant to demonize the Igbos and put them in a position of blame for all the ills that have befallen Nigeria.

Against all storm, all hatred and all castigation we march on triumphantly, untamed and unstoppable en route to greatness.

Enemies please do the needful. Embrace an electric transformer or jump right into a lagoon. I care more for a dead ant �

This is simple sturvs. Pick a paragraph that you think is a lie and show us the lie and present the truth.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 1:18am On Mar 09, 2019
cute9ja:
The content the writer put up about Ojukwu and Azikuwe are not lies, they are historical facts, you can do a research yourself to prove otherwise!
We will be 60 years next year, we have tolerated ourselves for this long, can we do another 60 with a united Nigeria?

I'd rather we do not, abeg. It'd be fun to watch some people self-destruct. There'd be no Yorubas to blame or Fulanis to vilify then.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by deomelo: 5:32am On Mar 09, 2019
[s]
BaaleOko:

I understand your pain, when you're done crying... Locate the closest rope close to you, form a noose with it enough to fit on your cone head and circumference of your scrawny poverty stricken neck, recite the Quoran to appease your pedophile prophet for all the frustrations and hate in your accursed life... And then do the needful while a benevolent Igbo man somewhere will pay for your funeral rites and feed your pathetic family.
[/s]

No ipob post is complete without hate, bigotry, bitterness and frustration.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by FortuneDeGreat(m): 6:48am On Mar 09, 2019
5thElement:

This is simple sturvs. Pick a paragraph that you think is a lie and show us the lie and present the truth.
When he listed the top military officers of the Nigerian army, he said that the Igbo held the most positions and had the highest number, he went ahead to present their name(officers from the defunct eastern region), he listed names from other ethnic groups in the region, joined them all up as Igbos, then when he talked about the eight "majors" that conducted the January 15th 1966 coup, he said all were Igbo forgetting that only 2 out of the 8 were from the eastern region, 4 were from the Midwest and 1 from the western region. How can you reconcile this sheer unfounded antagonism, I'll be coming up with others but let's digest this one first. Please is "sturvs" an English word? If it is , what's the meaning.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by FortuneDeGreat(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2019
From your narratives, I want to ask few questions,.
#1, were those eastern region soldiers listed all Igbos?
#2,If truly other ethnic leaders conversed for the infusion of secession clause into the pre-independent constitution and was only opposed by Nnamdi Azikiwe. How possibly was it for an opinion of one man or one region to override that of other people and regions?
#3, Those positions held by Igbos prior to independence, were they appointed into the positions by themselves or by the presiding British colonial officials, were they appointed based on merits or nepotism?
#4, Before the declaration of the republic of Biafra by it leader, were there prior call for due process and proper organized conduct in the military hierarchy? Were there expression of dissatisfaction from the eastern region on the incessant and senseless massacre of it's innocent people in the northern region, was there a clarion call on the government of the day to intervene and did the government take heed? Was there a peace and renegotiation conference in Aburi between the central government and that of the eastern region, did they reach an agreement? Who reneged on the agreement and why?
#5, Did Adaka Boro lead secessionist group want to pull off from Nigeria as a country or just from the eastern region?
#6, Did Ojukwu fight Boro for eastern region's interest or for the interest of the whole nation?
Finally, what was the intention of Awolowo when he said "if the eastern region is allowed to secede that the west will follow suit"?

Do not swing, switch, divert, digress or perambulate, just give me direct answers to the questions if truly you're truthful and unbiased. Thanks
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 09, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
When he listed the top military officers of the Nigerian army, he said that the Igbo held the most positions and had the highest number, he went ahead to present their name(officers from the defunct eastern region), he listed names from other ethnic groups in the region, joined them all up as Igbos, then when he talked about the eight "majors" that conducted the January 15th 1966 coup, he said all were Igbo forgetting that only 2 out of the 8 were from the eastern region, 4 were from the Midwest and 1 from the western region. How can you reconcile this sheer unfounded antagonism, I'll be coming up with others but let's digest this one first. Please is "sturvs" an English word? If it is , what's the meaning.

So I see we are back to the quibbling about whether there are Igbo in the south south, because this is what it all boils down to. They are Igbos when it suits your narrative, right?

Well, let's look at the names of the officers who plotted the coup and I'll leave the readers to decide whether they were Igbos or not:

1. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogu

2. Timothy Onwuatuegwu

3. Emmanuel Ifeajuna

4. Chris Anuforo

5. Humphrey Chukwuka

6. Don Oka for

7. Adewale Ademoyega.

The names listed from 1-6 are Igbo names, aren't they?

There are Yorubas in Kogi and Benin Republic. Does that stop them from being Yorubas?

Now, let's examine this.

Notable Nigerian leaders murdered by the coup plotters in 1966 include:

1. Sir Ahmadu Bello (Premier of the Northern Region)

2. Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola (Premier of the Western Region)

3. Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (First Nigerian Prime Minister) oh, BTW his body was found on a roadside in Lagos some days later. A whole prime minister.

4. Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh (Nigeria's Finance Minister at the time)

5. Brig-Gen Samuel Ademulegun and his very pregnant wife.

6. Brig-Gen Zakariya Maimalari

7. Col. Kur Mohammed.

8. Col. Shodeinde

9. Lt.Col Abogo Largema

How many of those listed above who were victims were Igbo? NONE!

Michael Iheonukara Okpara, premier of the Eastern region (predominantly Igbo region) was spared.

Nnamdi Azikiwe, the President of Nigeria at the time and an Igbo was conveniently in Bahamas during the coup, haven been tipped off by the coup plotters.

Those are the facts bro.

7 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2019
5thElement:

So I see we are back to the quibbling about whether there are Igbo in the south south, because this is what it all boils down to. They are Igbos when it suits your narrative, right?

Well, let's look at the names of the officers who plotted the coup and I'll leave the readers to decide whether they were Igbos or not:

1. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogu

2. Timothy Onwuatuegwu

3. Emmanuel Ifeajuna

4. Chris Anuforo

5. Humphrey Chukwuka

6. Don Oka for

7. Adewale Ademoyega.

The names listed from 1-6 are Igbo names, aren't they?

There are Yorubas in Kogi and Benin Republic. Does that stop them from being Yorubas?

Now, let's examine this.

Notable Nigerian leaders murdered by the coup plotters in 1966 include:

1. Sir Ahmadu Bello (Premier of the Northern Region)

2. Chief Samuel Ladoke Akintola (Premier of the Western Region)

3. Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa (First Nigerian Prime Minister) oh, BTW his body was found on a roadside in Lagos some days later. A whole prime minister.

4. Chief Festus Okotie-Eboh (Nigeria's Finance Minister at the time)

5. Brig-Gen Samuel Ademulegun and his very pregnant wife.

6. Brig-Gen Zakariya Maimalari

7. Col. Kur Mohammed.

8. Col. Shodeinde

9. Lt.Col Abogo Largema

How many of those listed above who were victims were Igbo? NONE!

Michael Iheonukara Okpara, premier of the Eastern region (predominantly Igbo region) was spared.

Nnamdi Azikiwe, the President of Nigeria at the time and an Igbo was conveniently in Bahamas during the coup, haven been tipped off by the coup plotters.

Those are the facts bro.
You inadvertently implicate yourself, one time you guys would bluntly argue the presence of igbos in SS but will easily assimilate them into the Igbo folk when poised to demonize the Igbos at large. What a pathetic skelm of a group are you guys?

It's only a low-life tribal bigot and I'll informed fellows who will take you guys serious.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 09, 2019
All I understood here is that IGBOS held power from 1959-1966 how many years is that 7years by thus time the white men choose IGBOS reason is because we are fast in learning and following orders... You heard where he mention of WHERE NORTH RESISTED TO ALLOW IGBO HEAD THEEIR UNIVERSITY RATHER CHOOSED A FOREIGNER UNTIL THEY WERE ABLE TO PRODUCE A PROFESSOR.

SO IGBOS WERE HANDLING THE AFFAIRS OF NIGERIA FROM 1959-1966 WHICH IS 7YEARS NOW CALCULATE FROM 1966-2019 and check the affairs of the country and the zoning of offices and tell me if you're Igbo will you be HAPPY?..

WHAT THE SOUTHERN LEADERS REFUSED TO TELL THEIR PEOPLE IS THAT NIGERIA DOESN'T WELCOME THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH INTO NIGERIA ANYMORE...

THE IRONY IS EVERY SOUTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADER OR OFFICE HOLDER WILL ALWAYS TELL YOU NIGERIA IS OUR COUNTRY because he don't want to loose his source of income no matter the condition at which he gets it... Its his source of livelihood he won't speak the truth. SO FOR YOU ALL STILL WAITING FOR YOUR TRADITIONAL RULERS, GOVERNORS, SENATORS, LGA CHAIRMAN AND YOUR MINISTERS TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT SOUTHERN EXIT FROM NIGERIA they will never do it.

Take a case of the royal family in rivers state the military invaded his home and ransacked every part of his house... SAME THING CAN NOT HAPPEN IN NORTH.

THE MILITARY CAN NOT EVEN GET A WARRANT TO SEARCH EMIRE PALACE.... WHO EVER THOUGHT OF IT WILL BE DISCHARGED AND KILLED BY THE MILITARY.

But tomorrow the same king will be defending the unity of Nigeria because he's still getting something from them. YOU ARE MORE NIGERIAN THAN THEM YET THEY DON'T WANT YOU.

THE EARLIER WE ALL SOUTHERNS JOIN HAND FOR OUR EXIT THE BETTER FOR OUR CHILDRENS FUTURE....FORGET THE SOUTHERN POLITICIANS THEY WON'T MAKE A MOVE UNTIL THEY SEE WE ARE NOT BUYING THEIR EVERYTHING IS FINE BODY LANGUAGE

They tell you OH YOU'RE SOUTH SOUTH.... OH YOU'RE SOUTH CENTRAL FORGET THE IGBOS.... IGBOS WILL DOMINATE YOU.... IGBO MAN IS YOUR PROBLEM WHILE THEY PUMP YOUR OIL WHEN THEY WANT TO CASTIGATE YOU THEY CALL YOU IGBO. THEY KNOW YOUR HISTORY, THEY KNOW WHERE YOU BELONG EVEN YOUR VARIOUS POLITICAL LEADERS KNOWS their so called south south is Igbo if not why is former OHANEZE ndi Igbo from south south, if not why is my name EZENWA and NYESON NWIKE ANSWERS EZENWO. Forget the language spelling and pronunciation. Even AN ENUGU MAN CAN NOT UNDERSTAND ANAMBRA MANS INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE. The earlier we open our eyes the better for us southerns. YORUBAS CAN KEEP HUNTING POLITICAL ALLIES EVEN AT THE COST OF OPPRESSION
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 09, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
You inadvertently implicate yourself, one time you guys would bluntly argue the presence of igbos in SS but will easily assimilate them into the Igbo folk when poised to demonize the Igbos at large. What a pathetic skelm of a group are you guys?

It's only a low-life tribal bigot and I'll informed fellows who will take you guys serious.

I see we are slipping gradually into insults and curses because you can't counter my arguments.

Very typical.

If I asked you as an Igbo person to translate the names of the Igbo officers that you claim are from South-south, would you be able to? My guess is, you would, given the facts that they were your tribesmen.

You hate the truth. You have a long way to go. Spiritual progress is denied you until you embrace the truth no matter how uncomfortable.

If you have nothing else to offer this convo except insults, then keep them in your pocket and move right along, bro.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 09, 2019
ezenwajosh:
All I understood here is that IGBOS held power from 1959-1966 how many years is that 7years by thus time the white men choose IGBOS reason is because we are fast in learning and following orders... You heard where he mention of WHERE NORTH RESISTED TO ALLOW IGBO HEAD THEEIR UNIVERSITY RATHER CHOOSED A FOREIGNER UNTIL THEY WERE ABLE TO PRODUCE A PROFESSOR.

SO IGBOS WERE HANDLING THE AFFAIRS OF NIGERIA FROM 1959-1966 WHICH IS 7YEARS NOW CALCULATE FROM 1966-2019 and check the affairs of the country and the zoning of offices and tell me if you're Igbo will you be HAPPY?..

WHAT THE SOUTHERN LEADERS REFUSED TO TELL THEIR PEOPLE IS THAT NIGERIA DOESN'T WELCOME THE PEOPLE OF SOUTH INTO NIGERIA ANYMORE...

THE IRONY IS EVERY SOUTHERN NIGERIA POLITICAL LEADER OR OFFICE HOLDER WILL ALWAYS TELL YOU NIGERIA IS OUR COUNTRY because he don't want to loose his source of income no matter the condition at which he gets it... Its his source of livelihood he won't speak the truth. SO FOR YOU ALL STILL WAITING FOR YOUR TRADITIONAL RULERS, GOVERNORS, SENATORS, LGA CHAIRMAN AND YOUR MINISTERS TO COME OUT AND SUPPORT SOUTHERN EXIT FROM NIGERIA they will never do it.

Take a case of the royal family in rivers state the military invaded his home and ransacked every part of his house... SAME THING CAN NOT HAPPEN IN NORTH.

THE MILITARY CAN NOT EVEN GET A WARRANT TO SEARCH EMIRE PALACE.... WHO EVER THOUGHT OF IT WILL BE DISCHARGED AND KILLED BY THE MILITARY.

But tomorrow the same king will be defending the unity of Nigeria because he's still getting something from them. YOU ARE MORE NIGERIAN THAN THEM YET THEY DON'T WANT YOU.

THE EARLIER WE ALL SOUTHERNS JOIN HAND FOR OUR EXIT THE BETTER FOR OUR CHILDRENS FUTURE....FORGET THE SOUTHERN POLITICIANS THEY WON'T MAKE A MOVE UNTIL THEY SEE WE ARE NOT BUYING THEIR EVERYTHING IS FINE BODY LANGUAGE

@ the bolded, we know you guys worship the white skin and you think Caucasians or anyone with light skin a god or special. Nothing more pathetic than this.

The white man did not choose Azikiwe to be President. The North had majority in the house while the south could have formed a majority only if they combined.

Awolowo was ready to give Azikiwe the post of Prime minister if they aligned their regions to get the majority and beat the north. But guess who betrayed the south and settled for ceremonial presidency status? Azikiwe.

You guys need to read more o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 9:26am On Mar 09, 2019
5thElement:

Which part of Nigeria is screaming for freedom today and getting themselves killed over a republic they blocked others from getting? There's your answer.
getting themselves killed over a republic they blocked others from getting?

What does that mean?
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 9:29am On Mar 09, 2019
5thElement:

Then after that?

OK, let's say it is true...
That Igbos caused all the genesis of the problem....

We should not be positive and move forward because of that?
Don't be like what the APC is doing...
Saying that because pdp damaged Nigeria for 16 years, they can't move forward.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 9:36am On Mar 09, 2019
5thElement:

@ the bolded, we know you guys worship the white skin and you think Caucasians or anyone with light skin a god or special. Nothing more patethic than this.

The white man did not choose Azikiwe to be President. The North had majority in the house while the south could have formed a majority only if they combined.

Awolowo was ready to give Azikiwe the post of Prime minister if they aligned their regions to get the majority and beat the north. But guess who betrayed the south and settled for ceremonial presidency status? Azikiwe.

You guys need to read more o.
Awolowo was ready to give Zik the post of the prime minister if they aligned?

I'm seeing this for the first time.
Shed more light.
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by hausadreturn(m): 9:41am On Mar 09, 2019
My question to the OP is, if it is true, and is a fact, that yes, Igbos were the cause of all of these, and if he acknowledged that it is a sensitive issue, of what use was the post for?

He says igbos should pick a point and counter....
So that what exactly will happen?

He says to understand the cause of a problem, the genesis should be looked into...
While I don't disagree, is he saying that the ability to move forward is non-existent because we are Africans?
Re: How Igbo Leaders Caused Nigeria's Current National Political Problems by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:43am On Mar 09, 2019
5thElement:

I see we are slipping gradually into insults and curses because you can't counter my arguments.

Very typical.

If I asked you as an Igbo person to translate the names of the Igbo officers that you claim are from South-south, would you be able to? My guess is, you would, given the facts that they were your tribesmen.

You hate the truth. You have a long way to go. Spiritual progress is denied you until you embrace the truth no matter how uncomfortable.

If you have nothing else to offer this convo except insults, then keep them in your pocket and move right along, bro.
Very good you noticed certain assertions that looked as an insult to you, I'm not surprised cos your judgmental mindset has beclouded your ability to make a concise differentiation.

If you're not biased to a point of skipping objective reasoning you would have noticed how the op piled up the names of eastern region soldiers and rebelled them Igbos, that's on the one hand, one the other hand, he diverted his narrative from region to tribe when he wanted to highlight the activities of Igbo soldiers from the SS.

If you still possess a tip of open mind kindly evaluate these:

#1, are all easterners in regard of the defunct arrangement Igbos?

#2, have you now believe that there are Igbos in SS?

If you really want to follow the headings, exclude other eastern ethnic nationality from the Igbos and infuse Igbos from other region into the Igbo folk.

Do not contradict yourself by grouping all easterners as Igbo and at the same time part of Midwesterners as Igbo. Strictly base your argument on either region or tribe and desist from bending the rules to favor you, we're not kids here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pick Your SGF From South-east, Ohaneze Ndigbo Youths Tell Buhari / Abia LG Election: PDP Chairmanship Candidates Emerge In 17 LGAs (Full List) / Firm To Build Cooking Gas Processing Plant In Anambra state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.