Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,082 members, 7,814,746 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? (3161 Views)

As A Guy Have You Experienced This In A Relationship? / Kates Room Gets Broken Into And Gets Raped / Sex In Single Player Mode: Should You Get Upset When Someone Gets Raped? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2019
cryHave you ever been in a relationship then your partner gets raped? How were you able to deal with it? My friends girlfriend was raped last night while she was coming back from vigil. The rapist and his accomplice had been arrested and are currently in the police cell.
The thing now is that this my friend has been acting strange since morning. He won't go to see this girl and even when she came visiting, he refused to talk to her. He's not had anything to eat not even water since morning.
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by nairamaniac: 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2019
ponkur:
Have you ever been in a relationship then your partner gets raped? How were you able to deal with it? My friends girlfriend was raped last night while she was coming back from vigil. The rapist and his accomplice had been arrested and are currently in the police cell.
The thing now is that this my friend has been acting strange since morning. He won't go to see this girl and even when she came visiting, he refused to talk to her. He's not had anything to eat not even water since morning.

Bad boyfriend, he doesn't deserve her. This is when she needs him the most. This rape was a test of his love and maturity.

She shd be happy its her boyfriend doing this to her than her future husband.

As far as I'm concerned, he is even worse than the rapist, cos he's raping her mentally and emotionally.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by donstan18: 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
nairamaniac:

Bad boyfriend, he doesn't deserve her. This is when she needs him the most. This rape was a test of his love and maturity.

As far as I'm concerned, he is even worse than the rapist, cos he's raping her mentally and emotionally.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by funshint(m): 10:19pm On Mar 07, 2019
ponkur:
Have you ever been in a relationship then your partner gets raped? How were you able to deal with it? My friends girlfriend was raped last night while she was coming back from vigil. The rapist and his accomplice had been arrested and are currently in the police cell.
Your friend is an idiot....did she call d rapists to come and molest her. This' even d time to show her more love. Kids everywhere....may God provide that girl a better man if he ever leaves her. This idiot does not deserve her.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2019
nairamaniac:

Well said...
Bar man, pls serve 25 litres of cold palmwine for this poster!!!

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 07, 2019
Forget all the wash you will read here. It isn't easy to continue with a victim of rape! especially an exposed/ publicized one at that. It takes lots of courage, commitment and love to overlook the fact that someone has molested/bastardized something you treasure. It is like a poo at the tip of a plate especially for men.

I think your guy loves the Lady but he lacks the commitment and courage to look past the unfortunate incident and move on. Not that I fault him though, most relationships these days are scams and they can't stand the test of time. We think love is enough. Little do we know that it is one thing to love, but another thing to be committed.

The lady should give the guy some space, both of them were raped just in different ways. The guy should be the one seeking her to comfort and not the other way round. That's neediness!
Lady should learn to heal herself so she won't fall back into trauma if the guy misbehave. undecided

25 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by grad2012(f): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2019
mehnnnnn can you imagine,if only he knows what she's facing psychologically and physically. I get his hurt but if actually he loved her it wouldn't be to the extent of him pushing her away that's too much.
i pray she finds the strength to split from him cause i don't think he can ever see her the same way again, all he will always see is a rape victim.
I pray God helps her heal.
and that friend of yours is so stupid, immature and so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by ValCon888: 10:36pm On Mar 07, 2019
MariaLavina:
Forget all the wash you will read here. It isn't easy to continue with a victim of rape! especially an exposed/ publicized one at that. It takes lots of courage, commitment and love to overlook the fact that someone has molested/bastardized something you treasure. It is like a poo at the tip of a plate especially for men.

I think your guy loves the Lady but he lacks the commitment and courage to look past the unfortunate incident and move on. Not that I fault him though, most relationships these days are scams and they can't stand the test of time. We think love is enough. Little do we know that it is one thing to love, but another thing to be committed.

The lady should give the guy some space, both of them were raped just in different ways. The guy should be the one seeking her to comfort and not the other way round. That's neediness!
Lady should learn to heal herself so she won't fall back into trauma if the guy misbehave. undecided
Well said.
To talk and to do are two different things.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Haniel18: 10:48pm On Mar 07, 2019
MariaLavina:

Ur point is very true,but the guy should act more like a man and comfort the girl cos she needs him d most dis period.
Op has friend knack d girl, if no den sorry o
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by ojun50(m): 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
Should me yer friend piX I WANT to use him for blood money he lack sense

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by edicied: 10:53pm On Mar 07, 2019
See them

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2019
ValCon888:

Well said.
To talk and to do are two different things.
Well for someone who shut out people when hurt and comes back when healed. Its easy. You know why? I love them enough not to burden them with my issues.

Lets analyze this.... A lady was raped last night, the following day the rapists were arrested and the next place she could think of was her boyfriend's place? Not even her room to cry? Really? Like she lost nothing? Not even her female friend(s) who will understand her better as ladies.? C'mmon! The first person a lady in that condition would be shy/ashamed to face is Her boyfriend or whoever she has romantic relationship with. I see neediness. She expected him to take her into his arms and shower her with kisses, What about his feelings? That is selfishness!

Don't want to drag this longer before some sentimental ones start bashing me. May God heal the lady. grin .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Mar 07, 2019
Haniel18:

Ur point is very true,but the guy should act more like a man and comfort the girl cos she needs him d most dis period.
Comfort? Like top it abi? grin grin

Your last paragraph gave you away. tongue grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Oyenike01(f): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2019
Hmmmm.
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2019
Yes u know those who truly care when bad thing happen
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Immaculatesnow(m): 11:21pm On Mar 07, 2019
grin are you sure it is not you op

I want to buy a verified Nigerian Adsense plus website

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by dingbang(m): 12:38am On Mar 08, 2019
MariaLavina:
Well for someone who shut out people when hurt and comes back when healed. Its easy. You know why? I love them enough not to burden them with my issues.

Lets analyze this.... A lady was raped last night, the following day the rapists were arrested and the next place she could think of was her boyfriend's place? Not even her room to cry? Really? Like she lost nothing? Not even her female friend(s) who will understand her better as ladies.? C'mmon! The first person a lady in that condition would be shy/ashamed to face is Her boyfriend or whoever she has romantic relationship with. I see neediness. She expected him to take her into his arms and shower her with kisses, What about his feelings? That is selfishness!

Don't want to drag this longer before some sentimental ones start bashing me. May God heal the lady. grin .
you are right. At that point, she needs to be alone. The only thing the boyfriend should do is not to judge her by dumping her but to be patient with her in her healing process, she doesn't want to talk to anyone at this moment so she needs space.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by OgaBuhari: 1:37am On Mar 08, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Yes u know those who truly care when bad thing happen
don't be a hypocrite.
Can u care and manage with your guy if he was sacked from his job and he remained jobless for a year.
Can u be that faithful with him without hoeing around?
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by iRepNaija1: 2:10am On Mar 08, 2019
MariaLavina:

How can you possibly compare the physical and sexual assault this woman unfortunately experienced to a man essentially throwing a tantrum because he doesn't know how to deal with his girlfriend's traumatic experience? This is like when white people equate being called a cracker with black people being called the n-word. It's not the same thing.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by iRepNaija1: 2:13am On Mar 08, 2019
MariaLavina:

What?

People react to trauma in different ways. Who are you to judge how this woman should be reacting? What right do you have to judge how she goes about dealing with the situation?

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:24am On Mar 08, 2019
MariaLavina:

You're actually being insensitive. You expect her to be alone crying in her room? What if her friends aren't aware of what happened...or there's none she feels can bring solace to her.

Using the word "needy" is totally out of place. She's been emotionally and physically hurt...of course she'll be craving for some sort of refill. Do you know the world of good it would have done her if her boyfriend had been more receptive? Dude can break up with her in future if he can't deal with staying with someone who's been raped. But for the time being, he should be empathetic and help her heal from it... his actions now may actually leave a part of her scarred for life.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 08, 2019
I don't think he has knacked this babe before.
Haniel18:

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 6:29am On Mar 08, 2019
OgaBuhari:
don't be a hypocrite.
Can u care and manage with your guy if he was sacked from his job and he remained jobless for a year.
Can u be that faithful with him without hoeing around?
No man can b jobless for a year when with me. U just gotta think outside the box.
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Biingoo: 7:14am On Mar 08, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
No man can b jobless for a year when with me. U just gotta think outside the box.
Wow!
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by femi4: 7:48am On Mar 08, 2019
ponkur:
Take the girl to hospital asap, let the doc flush everything out, ensure that she's free from std/ bruises. Let your guy now fvck her very well to renew his commitment to the relationship
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by sparog(m): 7:56am On Mar 08, 2019
MariaLavina:

You're a smart person after all
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Catalyst4real: 8:04am On Mar 08, 2019
Having your woman raped is mind wrecking, all these ignorant folks insulting the guy know nothing, because it hasn't happened to them. To understand the gravity of some situations, it must happen to you first.

The guy isn't angry at his girlfriend, but he feels helpless, he wasn't there to save her when she needed help the most.

There are married women that have been raped and they never by any means revealed it to their husbands.

And like someone rightly said, seeing something you cherish getting sabotaged by someone else is extremely painful.

The situation is even better cause the culprits have been apprehended. Imagine the culprits were unidentified, it would have been worse knowing they were still out there. Everybody go be suspect for him eye.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by OPTIMUSPRIME08: 9:21am On Mar 08, 2019
MariaLavina:

Nothing is hard there
The only issue i would agree to finding difficult is if the lady in question had encouraged the rape in one way or the other, like friend zoning the said rapist who she had given several false hope and fantasies during the course of ripping him off his earning and some of you ladies do that alot, and because we all don't reason alike i don't expect you to understand that until the guy opens up to what is eating him up i can't judge his actions
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by dante0147: 9:36am On Mar 08, 2019
Not me but my friend they bleeped his girl friend and her sister right in front of us at gun point ... it was like a film lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 08, 2019
Why is your friend acting as if the rapists were invited by the girl?..Infact,your friend is not matured.
Re: Have You Ever Been Into A Relationship And Your Partner Gets Raped? by Starboytwo(m): 4:14pm On Mar 08, 2019
[quote author=donstan18 post=76445946][/quote]meself no even understand again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Experienced Having Sex With A Girl And Her Boyfriend Calls ? / What Was It Like When You Got Your First Kiss? / I Invited Burna Boy Out For A Date And He Stood Me Up! Burna Boy Stood Me Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.